4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jasontaps
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

a simple button actuator.JPG
    benheckprez.jpg
    one-quote-hand-unquote.jpg

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago

well dang.. I sure wasnt trying to be a thread killer! it was kind of a rule with machining, if you can do it with a drill press then use a drill press, not a Bridgeport (they cost so much more). I really like Ben's idea and intent, just think simpler could be easier to produce and have a better feel for someone who'd be using them. maybe someone can relate, build and test it? I dont have access to the toys (machines being toys to build more toys!) to whip it up.

another possibility that might be tidier, is using a long section of larger model aircraft cable and "like" control horns, where the cable would drape down instead of a push rod across the glass. the possible problem with that might be some slop between the cable and its sleeve. same and moreso for bicycle control cables, theres adjusters for it, but it might not give the same tactile feel and have more drag than the simpler push rod arrangement.

1 month later
    #52 4 years ago

I know that this thread was started after the original, but I wanted to do the same quick update on the progress with Todd and his Heckenarm, for those that don't follow the original thread.

Todd has been playing with the device in League every Monday. We had to go back to remedial suction cup school, and by cleaning the playfield glass and making sure they are properly moist, the device is extremely stable - yes, this took us weeks to 'master'. There is still the issue of taking it on and off between players, but we have adapted to the time as a group to facilitate use of the Heckenarm.

Todd has also leaped from getting 4th place out of 4 players to taking 2nd places and winning games! He is continuing to be more comfortable, and his control is getting crazy good.

This coming Monday, for our 5th League night of our MFP Season, Todd will be interviewing with Ben Heck over Skype, as a follow up to the Prototype and the progression of the device.

Lastly, those going to Pin-A-Go-Go should come find Todd and see the Heckenarm in action! Todd is also bringing his custom Black Rose with 2 flipper buttons on the right side of the cab - 1 Armed Pinball for everyone!

Later!

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

I know that this thread was started after the original, but I wanted to do the same quick update on the progress with Todd and his Heckenarm, for those that don't follow the original thread.
    Todd has been playing with the device in League every Monday. We had to go back to remedial suction cup school, and by cleaning the playfield glass and making sure they are properly moist, the device is extremely stable - yes, this took us weeks to 'master'. There is still the issue of taking it on and off between players, but we have adapted to the time as a group to facilitate use of the Heckenarm.
    Todd has also leaped from getting 4th place out of 4 players to taking 2nd places and winning games! He is continuing to be more comfortable, and his control is getting crazy good.
    This coming Monday, for our 5th League night of our MFP Season, Todd will be interviewing with Ben Heck over Skype, as a follow up to the Prototype and the progression of the device.
    Lastly, those going to Pin-A-Go-Go should come find Todd and see the Heckenarm in action! Todd is also bringing his custom Black Rose with 2 flipper buttons on the right side of the cab - 1 Armed Pinball for everyone!
    Later!

Thanks for the update

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 159.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 89.99
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 27.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 63.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 7,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 37.50
    $ 209.99
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 26.95
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    $ 248.85
    There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside