Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Gorgar666
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BBD7471D-6FB6-479A-9E62-F91A05218B53 (resized).jpeg
    B2B08460-5919-4CB7-BEB9-26C4F4285403.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider valis666.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 2 years ago

I think you need to adjust your expectations because this is what pinball shipping is like. Michelle doesn't chit chat. You give her the to, from, pin name, and value, she gives you back a price and job number, done and over. Yeah, she should have told you the payment is cash or money order, maybe she missed that, but otherwise everything you described is kind of how it goes. You just had a 300lb. box brought *across the country* in two weeks for $500-ish dollars. That doesn't even cover the gas cost if you wanted to do it yourself. This is no white glove luxury service, it's freight. There's a lot of people involved and a lot of items on those trucks and a lot of delays that could pop up. One time it took me two months to get a pin from Utah because of snow storms across the route. Shit happens.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from BucketsOfChoss:

In the initial email, I asked her the questions needed to be answered in order to streamline this. There was no "chit-chat", i wasnt asking her her favorite color, what her plans for the weekend were, etc. My expectations were 100% within reason, I asked 6 questions, i stated it was my first time shipping a pin freight, so any help would be great, and her response was just a dollar figure, not even with the extra for palletizing/insurance which I specifically asked. Michelles email skills are terrible, all she had to do was take 4min of her time to explain what she needed from me to get the ball rolling, instead she dragged it out 4 weeks before even shipping it, which is a waste of everyones time. So glad all the people responding have such great experiences, but this one is mine and you cant explain that away with your explanations of great experiences and trying to put the fault on me, thats badically "victim blaming". Im paying them for a service I literally had no hand in physically and it was like pulling teeth to coordinate what I could, and I am the one who made all the mistakes? Thats bs and not how good business works.

Like I said, I do agree she should have answered a few of those questions you asked, no excuse for that. But everything else about your experience is just how this goes whether it's your first time or 50th. There's a bit of a learning curve, like everything else.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider valis666.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beltmann-review-12-2021?tu=valis666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.