Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Gorgar666
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BBD7471D-6FB6-479A-9E62-F91A05218B53 (resized).jpeg
    B2B08460-5919-4CB7-BEB9-26C4F4285403.gif
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago

So I had a sale fall through (with a scheduled pickup from CRST (aka Beltmann)) back in September and just got a letter for a cancellation fee of $83.50. Anyone else deal with this in a similar fashion? First time I've been fee'd like that from them but first time I've had to cancel a pickup too.

#52 2 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfanoz:

So I had a sale fall through (with a scheduled pickup from CRST (aka Beltmann)) back in September and just got a letter for a cancellation fee of $83.50. Anyone else deal with this in a similar fashion? First time I've been fee'd like that from them but first time I've had to cancel a pickup too.

Never happened to me before. Did crst go the seller’s house?
    Did it get canceled the same day of pickup?
    I did have to pay a fee once because the seller was not at home at time of pickup so they had to come back the next day.

#53 2 years ago

They had to go back to seller's home a week later because he wasn't home but did not charge me extra. Generally truckers are pretty good about not charging if they have to come back but it's supply and demand and with the shortage of truckers they are in the driver's seat and charging a lot more for everything. I recently had two shipments with CRST - both were over 1,500 miles away one shipment was great and one not so good with the legs carelessly wrapped by them and getting slightly damaged because the shrinkwrap came undone. Just another piece of tape would have prevented that. They're okay but it's not gonna be a 100% experience everytime. Unfortunately not a lot of choice in long distance carriers that specialize in pinball machines. The second shipment also took 4 weeks whereas the first one last year only 2 weeks.

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

Never happened to me before. Did crst go the seller’s house?
    Did it get canceled the same day of pickup?
    I did have to pay a fee once because the seller was not at home at time of pickup so they had to come back the next day.

It was cancelled before the pickup which is why I'm confused as to being charged because the person decided not to sell it.

2 months later
    #55 2 years ago

Does the same driver travel with your pin across state to state? Is tipping the delivery driver just the last driver to have your pin? Wondering. Beltmann delivery service that is.

#56 2 years ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

This is literally 90% of all freight companies. Most have shitty attitudes on the phone because their lives suck and their spouses look like horses. I just tell them to eat shit and get me my stuff when they get sassy. It’s like bad attitude extravaganza almost every time. Whatever.

Hahahaha god this so true

The shipping guys look like they only do it because the circus was full

#57 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgar666:

Does the same driver travel with your pin across state to state? Is tipping the delivery driver just the last driver to have your pin? Wondering. Beltmann delivery service that is.

No, games from coast to coast hit at least 4 different trucks, sometimes 6. The last guy would be keeping all your cash (and probably buying drugs with it as noted)

You get a tracking number and app where you can watch the progress - think airports and layovers

Beltmann/CRST/STI is the pimp and people delivering the actual machines are just the ho's... local moving companies and whatnot, they communicate between drug binges and Michelle getting pedicures (Michelle is great I'm just joking around), and nobody in the entire equation really knows what the hell is going on or what's happening but it ends up working out at some point

Shipped many games with them. Get ready for it to look bleak and just when you think it ended up in Zimbabwe or is being used to snort coke at the shipping terminal, it arrives. Don't call... it's just a hassle... just let it happen

If you have to file a claim however definitely line up an antidepressant and some drugs yourself first

#58 2 years ago

Makes no sense to tip the driver that drops off your Pin. I see many people do this. Oh well.

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgar666:

Makes no sense to tip the driver that drops off your Pin. I see many people do this. Oh well.

I think it's moreso about the hard labor that is only on the two ends whereas the people in the middle just drive the truck and somebody loads them.

Usually some people have weird dropoffs (i.e. pain in the ass) and they tip for that. I've never tipped the drivers because they'd charge for every little thing. Single step? Boom, charge

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgar666:

$50 if they help me load it into the garage.
    $100 if they help me get it to the porch/front door.

(Never had to leave one in the garage).

#61 2 years ago

I’m going to tip the people who wrapped the Pin before shipment.

BBD7471D-6FB6-479A-9E62-F91A05218B53 (resized).jpegBBD7471D-6FB6-479A-9E62-F91A05218B53 (resized).jpeg
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beltmann-review-12-2021/page/2?hl=carlo45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.