Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Gorgar666
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BBD7471D-6FB6-479A-9E62-F91A05218B53 (resized).jpeg
    B2B08460-5919-4CB7-BEB9-26C4F4285403.gif

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

TLDR: 2/5 review only because the NJ crew palletized it so well, otherwise terrible experience simply because of lack of communication on their end. Would not recommend...

So, I was recommended to use Beltmann here by basically everyone, to ship a machine from NJ to CA. Luckily for me, the machine was at a family members house prior to pickup, because communication was really poor on their end. Took almost 3-4 weeks just to establish the transport.

I began by contacting Michelle/Judy/anyone at Beltmann to begin. Many phone calls, no response or returns (basically over the first week). Looked at the forums, found michelles email. Emailed here with about 6 questions, quote, contact info, cost of insurance, cost of palletizing, estimated time of transport, and when we could get pickup scheduled. Not unreasonable right? Literally, the only response I received, was a number value for just the shipping cost. So I responded reiterating my other questions, and waited 4 days. Finally wrote her back again and asked wtf, and her response was simply what is the name of the machine. So I responded with the machine name, and no response for another 2 business days and a weekend. So emailed again simply stating I wanted to set this up. Her response was asking the machine name, the pickup/delivery option and a phone number (which they never used for me, only for the pickup). Replied back with everything, also stating i needed insurance and palletizing and would like an updated quote, and waited 3 more days, then got a response with that info, also asking me for the machine name again (third time). I was confused, but just went with it. I responded with machine name, and stating I wanted to proceed. She responded with the shipment order number only, no info on how to use it, where to track from, that you need to add "00" at the beginning of it to track accurately.

Received a call from shipment address 3 days later saying they called and left him a message to schedule pickup, he called back over a day and a half over multiple times, and never heard back. Had to email Michelle again, who responded only saying "I will contact them". I guess she called them and got them to call him back.

They picked up the machine 2 days later, palletizing was very good, lots of blankets and plastic wrap. And that was that, it was on the road. I figured out how tracking worked, no thanks to anyone from Beltmann and was watching it cross the country. Mind you, I still had no idea how payment would work, despite asking 4 times (online payment? Cod? Money order? Any info would be helpful). So about a week and a half to get to anaheim from NJ, and it sat there for 4 days saying shipment delayed. I finally called them up (CRST handled the tracking) and they transferred me to beltmann anaheim, where I talked to a woman (never gave a name) who then transferred me to Eddie. Eddie was super incompetent. He said they were waiting for me to call them back. I stated they never called me. His response, literally, was a chuckle and said "is that right?" I stated noone left a message and there was never a call from beltmann on caller id (i have a landline phone btw, so cant be blamed on cell service). He just responded saying "ok". So i was like what the frigg ever, lets just schedule the delivery. So we did for the next day and we hung up. He called back an hour later, to inform me I had to pay cash or cashiers vheck or money order. This was 4pm so couldnt get to the bank for cashiers check and wasnt going to pay for a money order, so I had to get cash that night, which would've been a lot easier if friggin Michelle answered me day one saying COD order, but alas, 4 weeks later, here we are.

So next day they show up, groaning and complaining about how far out from my town I live and if they had known they would've scheduled a different day, blah blah blah like I give two craps. Not to mention, no masks worn, no covering face when one of the guys started coughing, friggin disgusting (anaheim delivery guys, cant speak on other locations). Two guys came, one guy just stood there and made the other guy do all the work (fight about 4 huge boxes and 7 pallets in the truck just to get my package out from the back). Took literally 23min just to get it out of the truck, no exaggeration. Anyways, palletizing was good, no damage in transit, everything worked out, but geez, their communication was god awful. I dont appreciate being told they were waiting on me, when incompetent Eddie from Anaheim never bothered to do his job in the first place. Smh.

I do not recommend using Beltmann if you can help it for future shipments. They seemed super scattered and treated my shipment like it was s bother to them and when I am paying 500+ for this, I expect at least fake congeniality, this is your job for friggs sake. I dont always believe the customer is always right and I understand that there are logistical issues with shipping stuff across the country, especially in our covid world. But cmon, this was just terribly handled.
    Anyways, thats my review, take it or leave it, but thats how it went down for me.

#2 2 years ago

I've had 3 deliveries in the last month and have never had any issue on the dozen or so previous shipments.

Your mileage may vary based on the local depot/delivery guys, so guess I've been pretty lucky.

Just keep in mind pinball customers are very small gnats in a big freight business, so you may want to adjust your expectations a little.

#3 2 years ago

I've delivered more than sixty games using Beltmann aka CRST, but.... like the way a very nice gentleman in New York runs his pinball business... There's a method.

coinop <[email protected]>

Pickup location:

Warehouse location, game protected and palletized by shipper.

Value declaration $7500, insurance required.

Blankety Blank
    Tel: 111-222-3333

Address:
    123 Anywhere Street,
    Anytown, ANY, 12345

Destination:

Laa Dee Freaking Da
    4568 Industry Way,
    Thisplace, ANY, 67890
    Tel: 444-555-6666

Pinball game 1:
    Super Unobtanium

32” W x 56” H c 36” D, mounted on pallet.

Game weight: 290 LB

Pallet:

Expected to be:

48” x 40”.

Value: $7500

Works for me every time so far.

#4 2 years ago

Sometimes there's a mix-up with coordination of pick up or drop off, to be sure.

That's probably the worst issue I've had.

#5 2 years ago

Whatever happened to NAVL/STI and just calling Michelle?

#6 2 years ago

I think you need to adjust your expectations because this is what pinball shipping is like. Michelle doesn't chit chat. You give her the to, from, pin name, and value, she gives you back a price and job number, done and over. Yeah, she should have told you the payment is cash or money order, maybe she missed that, but otherwise everything you described is kind of how it goes. You just had a 300lb. box brought *across the country* in two weeks for $500-ish dollars. That doesn't even cover the gas cost if you wanted to do it yourself. This is no white glove luxury service, it's freight. There's a lot of people involved and a lot of items on those trucks and a lot of delays that could pop up. One time it took me two months to get a pin from Utah because of snow storms across the route. Shit happens.

#7 2 years ago

In the initial email, I asked her the questions needed to be answered in order to streamline this. There was no "chit-chat", i wasnt asking her her favorite color, what her plans for the weekend were, etc. My expectations were 100% within reason, I asked 6 questions, i stated it was my first time shipping a pin freight, so any help would be great, and her response was just a dollar figure, not even with the extra for palletizing/insurance which I specifically asked. Michelles email skills are terrible, all she had to do was take 4min of her time to explain what she needed from me to get the ball rolling, instead she dragged it out 4 weeks before even shipping it, which is a waste of everyones time. So glad all the people responding have such great experiences, but this one is mine and you cant explain that away with your explanations of great experiences and trying to put the fault on me, thats badically "victim blaming". Im paying them for a service I literally had no hand in physically and it was like pulling teeth to coordinate what I could, and I am the one who made all the mistakes? Thats bs and not how good business works.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Whatever happened to NAVL/STI and just calling Michelle?

There is no magic in using Michelle. She is just one of several agents in their gaming division which is based in ft. Wayne, IN. Service usually depends on how good the local delivery company is in your area.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from pb456:

I've delivered more than sixty games using Beltmann aka CRST, but.... like the way a very nice gentleman in New York runs his pinball business... There's a method.
    coinop <[email protected]>
    Pickup location:
    Warehouse location, game protected and palletized by shipper.
    Value declaration $7500, insurance required.
    Blankety Blank
    Tel: 111-222-3333
    Address:
    123 Anywhere Street,
    Anytown, ANY, 12345
    Destination:
    Laa Dee Freaking Da
    4568 Industry Way,
    Thisplace, ANY, 67890
    Tel: 444-555-6666
    Pinball game 1:
    Super Unobtanium
    32” W x 56” H c 36” D, mounted on pallet.
    Game weight: 290 LB
    Pallet:
    Expected to be:
    48” x 40”.
    Value: $7500
    Works for me every time so far.

Thanks for the template, wouldve been nice of this was a sticky thread on the main forum so i could've found it right off the bat and avoided all this. Please post and ask an admin to sticky it for future people?

#10 2 years ago

Cliff Notes version: OP had a game shipped from NJ to CA which cost $500+. Game arrived without damage. OP "expected at least fake congeniality" which he did not get. Gives 2 out of 5 stars.

#11 2 years ago

We don’t need your review people on this site have used STI literally thousands of times. We know they are good.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from jj44114:

There is no magic in using Michelle. She is just one of several agents in their gaming division which is based in ft. Wayne, IN. Service usually depends on how good the local delivery company is in your area.

Not to mention I called her multiple times, like I said in original post, and I got nowhere with that. She doesnt seem to care if you dont fit within some prescribed guidelines that people either know or dont and if you dont you get dangled about.

#13 2 years ago

Not a lot of options out there for cross country shipping unless you pallet the game and take your chances with general freight company.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

We don’t need your review people on this site have used STI literally thousands of times. We know they are good.

Wow. Ok. Thanks for speaking on behalf of the entire community. I am new to the scene and am sharing my experience, which I am entitled to do. Not sure why you're coming around being a dick about it. Glad you remember what it was like to be a new part of the community. So welcoming.... smh

#15 2 years ago

That’s Pinside

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from BucketsOfChoss:

In the initial email, I asked her the questions needed to be answered in order to streamline this. There was no "chit-chat", i wasnt asking her her favorite color, what her plans for the weekend were, etc. My expectations were 100% within reason, I asked 6 questions, i stated it was my first time shipping a pin freight, so any help would be great, and her response was just a dollar figure, not even with the extra for palletizing/insurance which I specifically asked. Michelles email skills are terrible, all she had to do was take 4min of her time to explain what she needed from me to get the ball rolling, instead she dragged it out 4 weeks before even shipping it, which is a waste of everyones time. So glad all the people responding have such great experiences, but this one is mine and you cant explain that away with your explanations of great experiences and trying to put the fault on me, thats badically "victim blaming". Im paying them for a service I literally had no hand in physically and it was like pulling teeth to coordinate what I could, and I am the one who made all the mistakes? Thats bs and not how good business works.

Like I said, I do agree she should have answered a few of those questions you asked, no excuse for that. But everything else about your experience is just how this goes whether it's your first time or 50th. There's a bit of a learning curve, like everything else.

#17 2 years ago

My expectations were 100% within reason,

Quoted from Black_Knight:

you may want to adjust your expectations a little.

Quoted from VALIS666:

I think you need to adjust your expectations

Quoted from nicoy3k:

people on this site have used STI literally thousands of times. We know they are good.

How many different people have to tell you your expectations are wrong before you'll accept it?
    That's how it works. You were told that indirectly when your battery of questions were ignored the first few times you asked them.
    You don't have to like it. You can cry about it. You can start your own delivery service **cough** Jack Rabbit Shipping Randy Buffalo **cough** and see how that goes.

You got more or less the same thing the other people who ship pins got.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

How many different people have to tell you your expectations are wrong before you'll accept it?
    That's how it works. You were told that indirectly when your battery of questions were ignored the first few times you asked them.
    You don't have to like it. You can cry about it. You can start your own delivery service **cough** Jack Rabbit Shipping Randy Buffalo **cough** and see how that goes.
    You got more or less the same thing the other people who ship pins got.

And I reviewed it as I saw fit, and you're telling me I am wrong. You can't tell me that because my experience was garbage and thats how I feel. Noone is crying, I put the info out there so others could understand its not all roses and blue jays as people like yourself would spin it (stockholm syndrome anyone). You can defend them all you want, try to make me out as the bad one here because three people told me my first time expectations were 100% wrong, but the reality is, you're not helping anyone by doing that. With only scattered info all over this site instead of a sticky thread to help newbs out, wtf are my expectations supposed to be? Especially with all the "literally thousands of times" pins have so wonderfully been shipped, maybe all that bs people like you spin is causing the higher expectations... never thought of that huh? Go make a sticky with all your superior knowledge so you dont have to waste your time coming here to argue about your superior kniwledge, just for writing an honest review that doesnt align with your perception...

#19 2 years ago

Called Michelle on Tuesday for a quote, email arrived with all info, clicked link for CC info to square up… Next day local New England service called to schedule. Truck pulled in today to take the pin to Arizona. Tracking number in hand and shared with new owner. Tipped the guys for there time and on to the next project. Maybe the key is to say, “ Send the quote over I have my credit card ready to book”.

#20 2 years ago

Might want to change the title of this thread. You come off sounding like my wife when I'm shipping a game. Well what about this or this or this?

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

Might want to change the title of this thread. You come off sounding like my wife when I'm shipping a game. Well what about this or this or this?

Take your sexism elsewhere. It's not wanted here on this thread...

#22 2 years ago

Buckets, you said you were new to the scene, so you should listen to the feedback here instead of getting defensive and rude.

Your experience was an outlier compared to the years of experience here and that stinks.

If you escalated your emails like you have your responses here, I can see why Beltman may have avoided communicating with you.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Buckets, you said you were new to the scene, so you should listen to the feedback here instead of getting defensive and rude.
    Your experience was an outlier compared to the years of experience here and that stinks.
    If you escalated your emails like you have your responses here, I can see why Beltman may have avoided communicating with you.

Again, if there is a standard way yo approach business with beltmann, i wouldve expected a sticky here, but alas, it doesnt exist. Obviously I didn't respond to a business like that, she wasn't directly trolling me by being a sexist asshole. I have responded to individuals here, youre right, defensively. Being new to the scene shouldn't abscond me from defending my honest review, and for a handful of people to come here to respond simply telling me I am wrong, how is that welcoming, supportive, or constructive? Again, all these amazing experiences and years upon years of wonderful service, yet so many rules in how you're allowed to communicate your needs with the business? And literally no place to get the script youre "supposed" to follow? The time the handful of people who came here, spent to shit on my honest feedback, could've been made that thread and petitioned an admin to sticky, but instead, their time is better spent pushing people like me away, who are new and trying to figure it all out and contribute their personal experiences. Do you see what I am continually pushing here in all my responses being defensive? Someone make this info available and keep it updated so other newbs dont have to feel the wrath of the beltmann fanboys, please, for their sake

#24 2 years ago

This is literally 90% of all freight companies. Most have shitty attitudes on the phone because their lives suck and their spouses look like horses. I just tell them to eat shit and get me my stuff when they get sassy. It’s like bad attitude extravaganza almost every time. Whatever.

#25 2 years ago

If your game didn't arrive to a terminal upside down laying on the head on a pallet, and full of glass, you didn't really have a bad experience. Oh, and it was strapped to a pallet when the seller sent it with two ratchet straps.

Yeah, that actually happened (not with Michelle though, every game I wrapped and sent on legs through her had zero issues at all, but it's been a few years.).

#26 2 years ago

I up voted your post. I don't agree with you but your persistence has got to be worth something.

#27 2 years ago

TLDR: 2/5 review only because the NJ crew palletized it so well, otherwise terrible experience simply because of lack of communication on their end. Would not recommend...
    So, I was recommended to use Beltmann here by basically everyone, to ship a machine from NJ to CA. Luckily for me, the machine was at a family members house prior to pickup, because communication was really poor on their end. Took almost 3-4 weeks just to establish the transport.
    I began by contacting Michelle/Judy/anyone at Beltmann to begin. Many phone calls, no response or returns (basically over the first week). Looked at the forums, found michelles email. Emailed here with about 6 questions, quote, contact info, cost of insurance, cost of palletizing, estimated time of transport, and when we could get pickup scheduled. Not unreasonable right? Literally, the only response I received, was a number value for just the shipping cost. So I responded reiterating my other questions, and waited 4 days. Finally wrote her back again and asked wtf, and her response was simply what is the name of the machine. So I responded with the machine name, and no response for another 2 business days and a weekend. So emailed again simply stating I wanted to set this up. Her response was asking the machine name, the pickup/delivery option and a phone number (which they never used for me, only for the pickup). Replied back with everything, also stating i needed insurance and palletizing and would like an updated quote, and waited 3 more days, then got a response with that info, also asking me for the machine name again (third time). I was confused, but just went with it. I responded with machine name, and stating I wanted to proceed. She responded with the shipment order number only, no info on how to use it, where to track from, that you need to add "00" at the beginning of it to track accurately.
    Received a call from shipment address 3 days later saying they called and left him a message to schedule pickup, he called back over a day and a half over multiple times, and never heard back. Had to email Michelle again, who responded only saying "I will contact them". I guess she called them and got them to call him back.
    They picked up the machine 2 days later, palletizing was very good, lots of blankets and plastic wrap. And that was that, it was on the road. I figured out how tracking worked, no thanks to anyone from Beltmann and was watching it cross the country. Mind you, I still had no idea how payment would work, despite asking 4 times (online payment? Cod? Money order? Any info would be helpful). So about a week and a half to get to anaheim from NJ, and it sat there for 4 days saying shipment delayed. I finally called them up (CRST handled the tracking) and they transferred me to beltmann anaheim, where I talked to a woman (never gave a name) who then transferred me to Eddie. Eddie was super incompetent. He said they were waiting for me to call them back. I stated they never called me. His response, literally, was a chuckle and said "is that right?" I stated noone left a message and there was never a call from beltmann on caller id (i have a landline phone btw, so cant be blamed on cell service). He just responded saying "ok". So i was like what the frigg ever, lets just schedule the delivery. So we did for the next day and we hung up. He called back an hour later, to inform me I had to pay cash or cashiers vheck or money order. This was 4pm so couldnt get to the bank for cashiers check and wasnt going to pay for a money order, so I had to get cash that night, which would've been a lot easier if friggin Michelle answered me day one saying COD order, but alas, 4 weeks later, here we are.
    So next day they show up, groaning and complaining about how far out from my town I live and if they had known they would've scheduled a different day, blah blah blah like I give two craps. Not to mention, no masks worn, no covering face when one of the guys started coughing, friggin disgusting (anaheim delivery guys, cant speak on other locations). Two guys came, one guy just stood there and made the other guy do all the work (fight about 4 huge boxes and 7 pallets in the truck just to get my package out from the back). Took literally 23min just to get it out of the truck, no exaggeration. Anyways, palletizing was good, no damage in transit, everything worked out, but geez, their communication was god awful. I dont appreciate being told they were waiting on me, when incompetent Eddie from Anaheim never bothered to do his job in the first place. Smh.
    I do not recommend using Beltmann if you can help it for future shipments. They seemed super scattered and treated my shipment like it was s bother to them and when I am paying 500+ for this, I expect at least fake congeniality, this is your job for friggs sake. I dont always believe the customer is always right and I understand that there are logistical issues with shipping stuff across the country, especially in our covid world. But cmon, this was just terribly handled.
    Anyways, thats my review, take it or leave it, but thats how it went down for me.

Wow. I’ve shipped a lot of games with Beltmann and it’s never perfect but the most important thing is my machines show up safe and sound.
    If it helps, here’s what I would suggest in the future.
    You need to pick one person that you communicate with at Beltmann.
    A lot of people use Michelle, I personally use Sofia all the time.
    Step 1
    I call Sofia and tell her I want a machine picked up and delivered. I give her the seller’s zip code and and give her mine.
    She gives me a quote on the spot.
    She then gives me a reference number.

I then tell her I will follow up with an email of the following details and to go ahead and set it up in the system. Email me the confirmation with the reference number and EMAIL ME THE CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION separately as well.
    1. Name of pinball machine
    Value of machine
    State that I want it insured. (This effects the price)
    2. Name of seller
    Address
    Phone
    2. Name of Buyer
    Address
    Phone (they must have this to schedule a pickup date).

This whole process takes 15 minutes including filling out the credit card authorization.
    The other key step that most people fuck up is that I tell the seller to call me if they haven’t received a call from the shipper to schedule a pickup in the next 24 hours. I typically have to follow up up with the shipper and ask them to call the contractor that is picking up the machine.
    If you’re expecting the shipper to do all this legwork and have it go smoothly, then you will get frustrated. It just takes follow up but when you have one contact that you’re very nice too and create a relationship with, it’s a piece of cake.

As for tracking your shipment, that’s a complete waste of time and unnecessary.
    Beltmann has some terrific people. You should reconsider and build a relationship with them.

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

Wow. I’ve shipped a lot of games with Beltmann and it’s never perfect but the most important thing is my machines show up safe and sound.
    Step 1
    I call Sofia and tell her I want a machine picked up and delivered. I give her the seller’s zip code and and give her mine.
    I then tell her I will follow up with an email of the following details and to go ahead and set it up in the system. Email me the confirmation with the reference number and EMAIL ME THE CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION separately as well.
    Value of machine
    2. Name of seller
    Address
    Phone
    2. Name of Buyer
    Address
    This whole process takes 15 minutes including filling out the credit card authorization.
    The other key step that most people fuck up is that I tell the seller to call me if they haven’t received a call from the shipper to schedule a pickup in the next 24 hours. I typically have to follow up up with the shipper and ask them to call the contractor that is picking up the machine.
    If you’re expecting the shipper to do all this legwork and have it go smoothly, then you will get frustrated. It just takes follow up but when you have one contact that you’re very nice too and create a relationship with, it’s a piece of cake.
    Beltmann has some terrific people. You should reconsider and build a relationship with them.

This is how it works!

#29 2 years ago

Pinside will chew you up and spit you out if you don’t have thick skin and a back of steel. Even then might still chew you up and spit you out.

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from jj44114:

This is how it works!

In the ops defense - since Michelle specifically markets herself to the consumer community - they could avoid much of this headache by simply putting this into a process people know ahead of time with well defined 'get all this up front' info and even just make it a web form!

Freight companies blow - They are not consumer oriented. But that's the niche Michelle has tried to position herself as that bridge for years. The fact the 'way to get it done' is so well known by past buyers, but not pushed by the actual company doing the work... is stupid. Especially since this is what she does.

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Pinside will chew you up and spit you out if you don’t have thick skin and a back of steel. Even then might still chew you up and spit you out.

They keep trying and breaking their teeth.

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

In the ops defense - since Michelle specifically markets herself to the consumer community - they could avoid much of this headache by simply putting this into a process people know ahead of time with well defined 'get all this up front' info and even just make it a web form!
    Freight companies blow - They are not consumer oriented. But that's the niche Michelle has tried to position herself as that bridge for years. The fact the 'way to get it done' is so well known by past buyers, but not pushed by the actual company doing the work... is stupid. Especially since this is what she does.

Well, Michelle is no different than Sophia or the rest of the crew there. I've used them all, somehow Pinside folks latched on to Michelle as some kind of specialist. They are all part of the gaming division when it comes to taking orders. They have nothing to do with fulfillment. CRST does the long hauls and contracts with local freight companies that deliver residential with a liftgate truck.

#33 2 years ago

The other option is you can simply drive yourself across the country and pick it up yourself OR stop complaining and figure out how to work in someone else’s system and make friends along the way.

#34 2 years ago

I've used michelle/beltmann over 40 times with no issues.

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

The other option is you can simply drive yourself across the country and pick it up yourself OR stop complaining and figure out how two work in someone else’s system and make friends along the way.

Yes. The Beltman so called "white glove" service was designed for people that didn't want pallet or wrap a machine and ship with the legs on.

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

I've used michelle/beltmann over 40 times with no issues.

same here

#37 2 years ago

I've used them about a dozen times. Communication is always horrible. It's a real pain sometimes. But they get the job done and never had an issue with game shipped. Wish there was something easier but it is what it us. I'll still use them if needing a game shipped.

#38 2 years ago

Again, if there is a standard way yo approach business with beltmann, i wouldve expected a sticky here, but alas, it doesnt exist. Obviously I didn't respond to a business like that, she wasn't directly trolling me by being a sexist asshole. I have responded to individuals here, youre right, defensively. Being new to the scene shouldn't abscond me from defending my honest review, and for a handful of people to come here to respond simply telling me I am wrong, how is that welcoming, supportive, or constructive? Again, all these amazing experiences and years upon years of wonderful service, yet so many rules in how you're allowed to communicate your needs with the business? And literally no place to get the script youre "supposed" to follow? The time the handful of people who came here, spent to shit on my honest feedback, could've been made that thread and petitioned an admin to sticky, but instead, their time is better spent pushing people like me away, who are new and trying to figure it all out and contribute their personal experiences. Do you see what I am continually pushing here in all my responses being defensive? Someone make this info available and keep it updated so other newbs dont have to feel the wrath of the beltmann fanboys, please, for their sake

B2B08460-5919-4CB7-BEB9-26C4F4285403.gifB2B08460-5919-4CB7-BEB9-26C4F4285403.gif
    #39 2 years ago

Great contribution to the community, really. Bet you're proud of yourself. Nothing like feeling the joy of being a dick to someone just to be a dick huh? You seem to be a pro! Smh

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

The other option is you can simply drive yourself across the country and pick it up yourself OR stop complaining and figure out how two work in someone else’s system and make friends along the way.

Im not complaining, im leaving feedback about my personal experience. Sorry you dont see it that way because you were born with the knowledge of how to use beltmann and have forever since been a fanboy for them. Not all of us are on that level you know, and strive to one day be just like you.

Instead of leaving lame comments complaining about my "complaining", you could write a community thread on the right way to communicate with beltmann and share your higher knowledge with the lowly complainers like me, if nothing else so then you dont have to read our complaints anymore. Another armchair genius who has no interest in sharing with the community, and instead just tries to make others feel bad... lol smh

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from jj44114:

Well, Michelle is no different than Sophia or the rest of the crew there. I've used them all, somehow Pinside folks latched on to Michelle as some kind of specialist. They are all part of the gaming division when it comes to taking orders. They have nothing to do with fulfillment. CRST does the long hauls and contracts with local freight companies that deliver residential with a liftgate truck.

They contract them yes - but that doesn’t mean they don’t control who they use and the resulting service they sell. Michelle is known because she is the one who went posting on the arcade groups for all these years.

My pojnt is… this isn’t people finding freight companies in the yellow pages and then not knowing how to deal with this industry. These are people who market THEIR offer to the consumer arcade hobbyists

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

Step 1
    Value of machine
    2. Name of seller
    Address
    Phone
    2. Name of Buyer
    Address

Awesome info! Please create a NEW thread and ask the mods to pin it, so this conversation can end, please. Everyones mad at me for not having this info 5 weeks ago and for explaining my experience because I didnt have this info. If it was a sticky in this sub forum, this wouldnt even be a topic. The current sticky just has a link to a link to a link etc with no actual hard guidelines to follow. You could really do the community a service by taking the couple of minutes to do all that. Thanks!

#43 2 years ago

Their prices are expensive and the service sucks. I know that’s faux pas on Pinside and people swear by them.

Fastenal hasn’t let me down 4 times across 3 years and it’s under $300. They’re no nonsense and the game is delivered within 2 weeks or less. Personally I’d try to use smaller shippers and coordinate, and bridge gaps with Fastenal.

STI/NAVL/Beltmann/ManInAVan/whatever, prices are atrocious and shipping is a crapshoot. I’ll never understand why so many people don’t mind trusting STI/Beltmann especially when there are countless threads about damage and AWFUL INSURANCE. You’ll never ever catch me advocating for them, even though this opinion is considered heresy.

#44 2 years ago

I just don’t ship games. Easier. I do drive and get them sometimes. Furthest I went was probably like 700 miles. But, I’d go further if its a game I really want. Road trips are awesome and nothing beats seeing the game and paying cash on the glass. Win win for everyone. AND I know how to carefully haul my own game.

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

I just don’t ship games. Easier. I do drive and get them sometimes. Furthest I went was probably like 700 miles. But, I’d go further if its a game I really want. Road trips are awesome and nothing beats seeing the game and paying cash on the glass. Win win for everyone. AND I know how to carefully haul my own game.

I use to make drives up to 7 hours away. But nowadays my back just won’t hold up and just don’t have the time to give. So in many instances shipping is the best option although I agree it’s amazing to go pick it up yourself.

#46 2 years ago

So... what is the name of the machine?

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from J-Freeze:

So... what is the name of the machine?

Lol, Palooka. My dad had it when I was a kid in the 80s, and I blew out the backglass with a slingshot. Promised I would replace it one day. Never got around to it, and he passed in Dec 2019. Now I have an opportunity to follow through on that promise. It needs a ton of work, but for me, it'll be totally worth it, kind of like a penance or something lol.

#48 2 years ago

If you want to try an alternative to Beltman, especially if you palletize, I've had good experience with inxpress. Here's the contact:

Sonya Daley
    InXpress

Mobile: 704.492.5982
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Web: us.inxpress.com

#49 2 years ago

Out of all that blah blah blah i read, I saw at the end you got your machine and it was in one piece so I figured you were posting a good experience. Good on you for fixing up your child hood machine!! Hope it comes out awesome and I hope you’re child doesn’t blow it out with a slingshot.

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from Charliew65:

Out of all that blah blah blah i read, I saw at the end you got your machine and it was in one piece so I figured you were posting a good experience. Good on you for fixing up your child hood machine!! Hope it comes out awesome and I hope you’re child doesn’t blow it out with a slingshot.

Good thing for me, dogs can't use slingshots... (that we know of)

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beltmann-review-12-2021 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.