• 22 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by jlm33
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hi Guys,

Im looking to purchase my 1st Pinball machine and i cant decide what to do for the best. Im wanting to buy a machine that will give me fun as well as a good investment. below i have listed 4 possible machines that are available but i am not sure if any of these are good deals please can you advise me. Thanks

Im looking at a

Theatre of Magic, Used but nice conditon £3000 OR $4250

williams Indiana jones in nice condition with new cab decals playfield striped and rebuilt all metalwork polished to a shine

Stern Simpsons party pinball machine Only Home use! Little Playing surface recorded.

they are both priced £2500 or $4250

Also i have seen a Medieval Madness in used condition fully working but cabinet showing sign of use with bumps scrapes and dints. Although playfield recently polished and waxed led's fitted and new rubbers and balls.

Priced around £5500 $8250.

#2 11 years ago

On that list I think MM is the no brainer for both fun and value.

Fun Wise
MM
TSPP
TOM
IJ

Value
MM
IJ
TOM
TSPP

#3 11 years ago

Id either crab the IJ or the MM and base my decision on the condition. Both are tons of fun and you will never lose a money on them if you take care of them.

If you have the means grab both.

#4 11 years ago

If you have the money, go with MM. If not...TOM...

#5 11 years ago

Another option: you could go with two of IJ/TOM/TSPP if you're willing to spend MM-type money. All are excellent games.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from ajb1138:

Another option: you could go with two of IJ/TOM

Not a bad idea either...

#7 11 years ago

MM, TOM and IJ are all good deals. I would go with TOM because I can play that pin for hours. I have never played MM and I am not a big IJ fan.

#8 11 years ago

You know what opinions are like. Play them all and tell us which you liked best...

#9 11 years ago

dont buy TSPP it is very difficult for a your first pinball machine, IJ gets old,both TOM and MM are amazing pinball machines,if I were you i would go with MM because you can sell it for more.

#10 11 years ago

Ok thanks for the advise, I would just like to stress that the MM cabinet is very rough around the edges still looks cool but far from mint do you still think it isnt to much money or will loose money if i paid the £5500 or the $8250!!!!

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from dannyboy:

Ok thanks for the advise, I would just like to stress that the MM cabinet is very rough around the edges still looks cool but far from mint do you still think it isnt to much money or will loose money if i paid the £5500 or the $8250!!!!

That's about what they go for in europe. You could lose money unless you are into shipping overseas.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12 11 years ago

buy whatever machine YOU like best, and forget about the "investment" part...

#13 11 years ago

The TSPP offers little in terms of value. Value wise I'd give the edge to IJ based on your description.

Thats from an investment perspective only. MM would be my second choice.

#14 11 years ago

Seems like good prices on the IJ and MM(if the playfield is good?) Id get one or both of these. Other pins are priced for fair market value but certianly not a great deal

#15 11 years ago

Condition, condition, condition. (and what YOU find fun to play)

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from dannyboy:

Theatre of Magic, Used but nice conditon £3000 OR $4250
(...)
they are both priced £2500 or $4250

Fluctuating exchange rate...

#17 11 years ago

I saw that. Nice way to phrase it

#18 11 years ago

nice spot!!

Guess that makes ij a real bargain $3750 then thanks

#19 11 years ago

Keep in mind guys, it's his first and only game. TOM is about as deep as a divot, a horrible only game to have IMO.

#20 11 years ago

TSPP has a lot of value due to the original artwork, sound effects, deep rule set and replayability. I've seen the average price actually go up over the last 3 years a total of $400.

#21 11 years ago

From what you describe, the IJ is probably the best deal. I sold mine for more and it needed new decals. The MM may be a good deal too. I don't follow their prices anymore.

#22 11 years ago

IJ is good. TSPP is great. MM as well but way too expensive.
ToM... not bad. But it would not be my choice for a single pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.95
$ 18.95
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.00
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/below-i-have-listed-4-possible-machines-that-are-available-are-they-good-deals and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.