Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Stosel
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

received_10156641377759165 (resized).jpeg
    Belles June (resized).jpg
    34016705_1923657260978880_5500012175818752000_n (resized).jpg
    79CDE8A5-2044-46DF-B57E-2D7F36E914E1 (resized).jpeg
    Bellestrophy (resized).jpg
    BellesDollarKits (resized).jpg
    BellesMay (resized).jpg
    30742707_10156421784554165_2514281689098747904_n (resized).jpg
    30707313_10156421784589165_7175961616477847552_n (resized).jpg
    DDbackpack (resized).jpg
    Pinbox3000 (resized).jpg
    B&CApril (resized).jpg
    28959070_10157093525974045_5022097955702294316_n (resized).jpg
    28958890_10157093524364045_3870994754073405445_n (resized).jpg
    GC (resized).jpg
    belles schedule flyer (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Stosel:

This is an IFPA sanctioned event so you will get points for the women's division.

Wonder if the top ranked women currently making Worlds like Sunshine Bon, Danielle from Austrailia (Rotordave's getting-to-not-be-as-much-of-a-kid!), etc. will have to start participating in women's only leagues to keep up or if they'll just be pushed out by sheer volume. Interesting parallel to the pre-base-points-change era where you could have 3 guys show up for a tournament and get 25 points regardless. I know I exploited that to push into the top 100...and plenty of people thought (and still think LMAO) that I don't deserve a ranking that high. Women without access to a league like this are now at a similar massive disadvantage to players with "that other genitalia" that don't have regular access to large showings of people at leagues/tournaments locally vs. other places in their state. This might actually be the most interesting thing that's happened with IFPA in a while to watch and see how it shakes out. So weird that they've walked themselves back into a situation they rid themselves of years ago. You can now feasibly have players pushing out the 'elites' just by volume of play instead of quality of wins in the women's world. I'm sure the "official" explanation is that it's fair because people playing in gender restricted leagues contribute generally less to the base value since they're typically ranked lower. I'd hope that most women are choosing to play in BOTH, this and fully open events, but I'm guessing that's not generally the case. We can, in theory, now have a women's world champion that didn't ever have to play against a male..like most sports with divided play.

Are tournaments that include dudes still counting in the women's ranking now that this is a thing? Sorry if this is old hat to ya'll...I haven't been keeping up with IFPA changes this year. I haven't even played in a single ranked event yet this year..

Not that anyone but me will give too much of a hoot, but yeah..interesting that they're allowing this now.. (or that I didn't already know they were allowing it.. I can't remember hearing of women's only events before counting towards women's world championships...)

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Stosel:

It's just like the open ranking, only the top 20 events are used. In comparing points value, one of our players got 3rd in our women's event and got 2.67 points, when she got 3rd in our co-ed event 3 days later she got 5.22 points. Don't know if that answers your question... but it's some information for you.

Actually, that does. I was thinking it was more like SCS where the total for the year would be cumulative and reset every year. This makes much more sense, and still gives long term value to traveling to major tournaments. Your explanation cleared it up for me, thanks!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/belles-and-chimes-houston-new-womens-league-in-houston-tx?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.