1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Stosel
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

received_10156641377759165 (resized).jpeg
    Belles June (resized).jpg
    34016705_1923657260978880_5500012175818752000_n (resized).jpg
    79CDE8A5-2044-46DF-B57E-2D7F36E914E1 (resized).jpeg
    Bellestrophy (resized).jpg
    BellesDollarKits (resized).jpg
    BellesMay (resized).jpg
    30742707_10156421784554165_2514281689098747904_n (resized).jpg
    30707313_10156421784589165_7175961616477847552_n (resized).jpg
    DDbackpack (resized).jpg
    Pinbox3000 (resized).jpg
    B&CApril (resized).jpg
    28959070_10157093525974045_5022097955702294316_n (resized).jpg
    28958890_10157093524364045_3870994754073405445_n (resized).jpg
    GC (resized).jpg
    belles schedule flyer (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

We are excited to announce the Belles of Space City! A chapter of Belles and Chimes in Houston, TX.

Our first event will be March 10th @ 3pm at The Game Preserve in the Woodlands, TX. We will meet the 2nd Saturday of the month, I have attached a "save the dates" flyer for our tournaments through the summer.

Women of all skill levels and ages are invited to come and play. The tournament is free, however, if you are not a member of The Game Preserve there is a $15 dollar entry fee (all games are on free play).

We have some great prizes to give away, and everyone that participates (not just the tournament winners) will have the opportunity to win something.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

https://www.facebook.com/bellesandchimeshouston/
    https://www.spacecitypinball.com/bellesandchimes/
    http://www.gamepreservehouston.com/

I have also created an event on the pinside calendar. Can't wait to see you there!

https://pinside.com/pinball/events/belles-and-chimes-houston-2nd-event-2018

belles schedule flyer (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #2 1 year ago

Just got some of the awesome GC pins from Tilt-Hammer to give to any ladies who put their name on a machine during one of our events!GC (resized).jpg

#3 1 year ago

I want one of those!

#4 1 year ago

hookedonpinonics I am hiding them from you!

2 weeks later
    #5 1 year ago

Thanks to all the ladies who came out to our 1st event, it was a blast!28959070_10157093525974045_5022097955702294316_n (resized).jpg

We had 20 ladies in total, with 18 competing in the tournament, and some great prizes.

Thanks to the amazing Spooky Pinball every woman who participated got a Lemmy in Space shirt! 28958890_10157093524364045_3870994754073405445_n (resized).jpg

1st place: Stern Iron Man translite and $25 AMC gift card
    2nd place: Gift Basket
    3rd place: $25 Amazon gift card

Thanks to the Game Preserve for donating $50 to the prize pool, and some great dinosaur prizes, so we could give even more stuff away:

4th place: $20
    5th place: $15
    6th place $10
    7th place $5

Hope to see you in April

https://pinside.com/pinball/events/belles-and-chimes-houston-2nd-event-2018

4 weeks later
    #6 1 year ago

Come join us tomorrow at The Game Preserve. This is an IFPA sanctioned event so you will get points for the women's division.

B&CApril (resized).jpg

We once again have some great prizes including a PinBox3000, Double Danger grab bag, and Double Danger t-shirt of your choice!

Pinbox3000 (resized).jpg
    DDbackpack (resized).jpg
    30707313_10156421784589165_7175961616477847552_n (resized).jpg
    30742707_10156421784554165_2514281689098747904_n (resized).jpg

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from Stosel:

This is an IFPA sanctioned event so you will get points for the women's division.

Wonder if the top ranked women currently making Worlds like Sunshine Bon, Danielle from Austrailia (Rotordave's getting-to-not-be-as-much-of-a-kid!), etc. will have to start participating in women's only leagues to keep up or if they'll just be pushed out by sheer volume. Interesting parallel to the pre-base-points-change era where you could have 3 guys show up for a tournament and get 25 points regardless. I know I exploited that to push into the top 100...and plenty of people thought (and still think LMAO) that I don't deserve a ranking that high. Women without access to a league like this are now at a similar massive disadvantage to players with "that other genitalia" that don't have regular access to large showings of people at leagues/tournaments locally vs. other places in their state. This might actually be the most interesting thing that's happened with IFPA in a while to watch and see how it shakes out. So weird that they've walked themselves back into a situation they rid themselves of years ago. You can now feasibly have players pushing out the 'elites' just by volume of play instead of quality of wins in the women's world. I'm sure the "official" explanation is that it's fair because people playing in gender restricted leagues contribute generally less to the base value since they're typically ranked lower. I'd hope that most women are choosing to play in BOTH, this and fully open events, but I'm guessing that's not generally the case. We can, in theory, now have a women's world champion that didn't ever have to play against a male..like most sports with divided play.

Are tournaments that include dudes still counting in the women's ranking now that this is a thing? Sorry if this is old hat to ya'll...I haven't been keeping up with IFPA changes this year. I haven't even played in a single ranked event yet this year..

Not that anyone but me will give too much of a hoot, but yeah..interesting that they're allowing this now.. (or that I didn't already know they were allowing it.. I can't remember hearing of women's only events before counting towards women's world championships...)

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from Stosel:

Come join us tomorrow at The Game Preserve. This is an IFPA sanctioned event so you will get points for the women's division

Alas, pavball would have really enjoyed this event. Perhaps we can plan a weekend over in Houston soon so she can join y’all in the event. Do y’all have a May event planned?

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Perhaps we can plan a weekend over in Houston soon so she can join y’all in the event. Do y’all have a May event planned?

tigerlaw yes come spend a weekend in Houston! Our May event is scheduled for Saturday, May 12th, and I believe there will be a co-ed event Sunday May 13th at Einstein's in Katy (it's always the 2nd Sunday, but not sure since that Sunday is Mother's Day, I'll get back to you). Feel free to PM me if you need any more information. We would love to have y'all come visit.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from Frax:

You can now feasibly have players pushing out the 'elites' just by volume of play instead of quality of wins in the women's world

It's just like the open ranking, only the top 20 events are used. In comparing points value, one of our players got 3rd in our women's event and got 2.67 points, when she got 3rd in our co-ed event 3 days later she got 5.22 points. Don't know if that answers your question... but it's some information for you.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from Stosel:

it's always the 2nd Sunday, but not sure since that Sunday is Mother's Day, I'll get back to you

it's ALWAYS the second sunday of every month. i'll buy a drink for any mom in attendance

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

i'll buy a drink for any mom in attendance

Wooooooo!

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from Stosel:

It's just like the open ranking, only the top 20 events are used. In comparing points value, one of our players got 3rd in our women's event and got 2.67 points, when she got 3rd in our co-ed event 3 days later she got 5.22 points. Don't know if that answers your question... but it's some information for you.

Actually, that does. I was thinking it was more like SCS where the total for the year would be cumulative and reset every year. This makes much more sense, and still gives long term value to traveling to major tournaments. Your explanation cleared it up for me, thanks!

3 weeks later
    #14 1 year ago

Come to the Game Preserve today at 3, for our monthly women's tournament!

BellesMay (resized).jpg

We have trophies to be won, an Aerosmith translite to give away, and absolutely amazing custom Belles and Chimes Houston dollar game kits (designed and made by the wonderful taylorva ).

You also get WPPR points towards your women's ranking, and you get to hang out with the best group of ladies in H-town.

BellesDollarKits (resized).jpg

Bellestrophy (resized).jpg

#15 1 year ago

So, we had our first ever female winner of a Lake Charles IFPA tourney last night. pavball won a tourney at my office that had 17 people show up.

Super proud of her; I know she wants to make one of yalls tourneys soon, we are hoping to make the August one.

79CDE8A5-2044-46DF-B57E-2D7F36E914E1 (resized).jpeg

#16 1 year ago

Congratulations to pavball ! Can't wait to see you here in Houston one day soon. Maybe over the summer some of our Houston Belles can come visit Lake Charles.

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from Stosel:

Congratulations to pavball ! Can't wait to see you here in Houston one day soon. Maybe over the summer some of our Houston Belles can come visit Lake Charles

Hi Stosel and thank you!! That would be fantastic to have some of the Houston Belles come to Lake Charles. My husband and I are hosting some IFPA events on June 23rd. I’m working on convincing them to include a ladies only IFPA event. I’m told I need eight participants to do this so I am officially out recruiting.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Super proud of her; I know she wants to make one of yalls tourneys soon, we are hoping to make the August one

Yes please the August one would be excellent to go to.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Super proud of her; I know she wants to make one of yalls tourneys soon, we are hoping to make the August one.

July 8th and August 12th are the next events they are holding which we could attend. Let’s go to one or both of those!! I can make our schedule work out with this much notice for either. I’ll message Elizabeth on Facebook if she is not on Pinside and see if her family are attending one of those weekends.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

July 8th and August 12th are the next events they are holding which we could attend. Let’s go to one or both of those!! I can make our schedule work out with this much notice for either. I’ll message Elizabeth on Facebook if she is not on Pinside and see if her family are attending one of those weekends.

Sure. We can do July. I’ll get the address online and book a nearby hotel.

Quoted from PavBall:

My husband and I are hosting some IFPA events on June 23rd. I’m working on convincing them to include a ladies only IFPA event. I’m told I need eight participants to do this so I am officially out recruiting.

You need to check with the Louisiana IFPA rep to confirm the requirements and make sure he sets up the event. pinball-is-great please see this thread and reach out to PavBall and jodester and discuss if Louisiana can start an IFPA women’s division as well. You all have about a week to decide before you have to submit to the calendar.

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

My husband and I are hosting some IFPA events on June 23rd.

I know I won't be able to make the June event , but I will let our ladies know about it. Maybe if y'all have something scheduled for July we can try to plan a trip.

Please let me know when you plan on coming, I will have a t-shirt, dollar game kit, and beer waiting for you!

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from Stosel:

I know I won't be able to make the June event

We will miss you all. Yes, maybe we plan something for July.

2 weeks later
    #22 1 year ago

Beat the heat this Saturday. Come play some pinball at the amazing, air conditioned Game Preserve. Our monthly 4 strike starts at 3pm. https://pinside.com/pinball/events/belles-and-chimes-houston-june-event-2018

34016705_1923657260978880_5500012175818752000_n (resized).jpg

On top of IFPA women's division points, we have some cool prizes, and trophies!

Belles June (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #23 1 year ago

Come play with us tomorrow at our monthly event! Main 4 strike tournament starts @ 3pm. We also have a Revenge from Mars high score side tournament starting @ 11am.

received_10156641377759165 (resized).jpeg

As always there will be prizes, WPPRs, and fun!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 45.00
    $ 14.95
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 84.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 13.00
    Playfields
    Lermods
    $ 89.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 5.00
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 18.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    $ 16.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 117.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    $ 12,500.00
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside