You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

World Defender (Bell Games 1985) (resized).png
#1 6 years ago

Does anybody have the software for the bell games world defender pinball? It's a Bally – 35 conversion.
Also need a front and back scan of the backglass. I know, that one's going to be tricky...
Does anyone know what Bally games this was often converted from?
Thanks! (Direct email please)
[email protected]

#2 6 years ago

I know this is a rare machine and probably will be difficult to find, but someone out there much have one. Right???

#3 6 years ago

I was able to download the software from the Internet pinball database. It was in 2764 format, but I broke it into two files. So now I can run the software on a standard Bally –35 board set up with two 2732 EEPROMs. It works!!

now I really need is some good clear large pictures of the back glass. Does anybody have this game? Would really appreciate this. thank you

[email protected]

#4 6 years ago

Another point. In the Internet pinball database ROM file there's a 2764 sound file. What bally sound board would use a 2764? I don't think any, but perhaps a squawk and talk using two 2732's to run this software? Anybody have any ideas here?

1 month later
#5 6 years ago

The world defender sound file works in a Bally cheap Squeak sound board. The only difference being the LED boot up flashes are abbreviated. That is there's really only three LED flashes and the LED stays on after boot up with the third flash. The sounds are actually quite good though there is no speech. The good thing about the Bally cheap squeak is that it's plug compatible with all earlier soundboard. So if you're doing a conversion you can plug the cheap squeak directly into games as early as lost world and as late as eight ball deluxe.

#6 6 years ago

All I need now to complete this project is a back glass. If anybody has a backglass or at minimum can take some good Hi-Res pictures, I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks. [email protected]

#7 6 years ago

I don't think you will get much replies in the mail (kinda defeats the idea of a forum)

2 weeks later
#8 6 years ago

I have a Bell Games Sound board (aka Bally Cheap Squeak) if needed.

#9 6 years ago

A regular bally cheap squeak works with their sound ROM, so i'm all set. The only difference i see is there's less power-on LED flashes (compared to Bally cheap squeak firmware.)

what i really need is a backglass! even just hi-res pictures would be fine. no one seems willing to help with that....

4 months later
#10 6 years ago

Help
I'm also trying to repair this pinball (world defender)
I look for files for the two eproms 2732.
You can send me a copy. thank you
[email protected]

World Defender (Bell Games 1985) (resized).pngWorld Defender (Bell Games 1985) (resized).png
World Defender (Bell Games 1985) (resized).pngWorld Defender (Bell Games 1985) (resized).png

#11 6 years ago

The EPROM file for the MPU and sound board are on the www.ipdb.org web site. It is formated as a single 2764, but using your eprom programmer, you can break that file into two 2732 eprom files.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bell-games-world-defender-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.