ex3 (resized).jpg
ex32 (resized).jpg
IMG_1152 (resized).jpg
IMG_1153 (resized).jpg
IMG_1151 (resized).jpg
F39B85C0-3052-44FD-BFE0-AB3CA3C008B7 (1) (resized).jpeg
D65EE360-D4E4-4716-B716-AAF32117069B (resized).jpeg
AF605CAB-9131-4890-B185-5AE34CC71FF5 (1) (resized).jpeg
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Grande!

Tutti i display hanno tre punti di prova. Controllare le tensioni su uno dei display. Usa il punto di prova TP3 sul display come base per il tuo multimetro.
Misura TP1, dovrebbe leggere 5VDC
Misura TP2, dovrebbe leggere 190VDC (penso che questa tensione sia probabilmente ok perché posso vedere il bagliore sotto le cifre sui display).
Hai già trovato delle sonde logiche?

Questi fili provengono tutti dal connettore J3 sulla scheda MPU. Nel caso in cui ci sia un cortocircuito su quei fili, scollegare il connettore J3 dall'MPU e vedere se c'è qualche miglioramento.

ok i tested the display i have this voltage:

Tp1: 5,7 VDC
Tp2: 187VDC

what else should i check?

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from Alessio88:

what else should i check?

Ok, you have a logic problem.

1) If you go to the display test and wait 30 seconds, do you eventually see the 888888 and 999999 numbers show (while all other numbers seem blank)?

2) MPU connector J1 pin 10 has the display blanking signal which goes to all the displays on their pin 10 connector. Can you check if the wire is making good contact at both ends?

#53 2 years ago

Why does U7 - 6810 have 1839 date code on it?
6821 -- U10 is black topped and U11 (also black topped) appears to have 1916 date code on it.
These parts claim to have been made nearly 20 years after Motorola Semiconductor ceased to exist.
I assume U7 is suffering the same problem.
I would seriously start to question your parts source - especially if they are advertising the parts as 'new' or 'original'.

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Ok, you have a logic problem.
1) If you go to the display test and wait 30 seconds, do you eventually see the 888888 and 999999 numbers show (while all other numbers seem blank)?
2) MPU connector J1 pin 10 has the display blanking signal which goes to all the displays on their pin 10 connector. Can you check if the wire is making good contact at both ends?

the test display always remains black .... even after 30 seconds ....
I have tested j1 -10 with all displays and there is continuity

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from G-P-E:

6821 -- U10 is black topped and U11 (also black topped) appears to have 1916 date code on it.
These parts claim to have been made nearly 20 years after Motorola Semiconductor ceased to exist.
I would seriously start to question your parts source - especially if they are advertising the parts as 'new' or 'original'.

Quoted from Alessio88:

I have tested j1 -10 with all displays and there is continuity

Quoted from G-P-E:

hello and thanks for the info
you have a site where I can buy this type of spare parts

#56 2 years ago

Yes I do.
www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=39
But the 6810s tend to be harder to find as true, unused parts so I don't have those. But I have found a few sellers that have real ones... pricey but real.

The parts on your board are counterfeits. Purposely black topped and remarked parts to misrepresent the true manufacturer and/or age. A vast majority are used parts that have been scavenged from old boards cleaned up and made to look new. The part inside might be the real thing, might not. But with the way the parts are treated during the scavenging process, I wouldn't trust them.
The person you bought the parts from might not know the parts they sold were fakes. But if they're going to be a reseller, now would be a good time to for them to evaluate their sources.

#57 2 years ago

This is high for 5V logic power.
How much voltage do you measure at TP5 on the MPU board and also TP1 on the solenoid driver board?

Quoted from G-P-E:

The parts on your board are counterfeits.

Ed, this whole machine is a counterfeit of a Bally game. The counterfeit parts just add to the character

Quoted from Alessio88:

You didn't show enough of the displays in your video, but from the little I do see they seem to have the glow under the digits. This indicates the U12 display interrupt generator and also the 6821 at U11 on the MPU board are driving the display digit enable signals ok.

Check the voltages on the MPU board marked with the red arrows below (click the image to zoom in). Also measure the voltages on all the outputs of the U20 chip.

Display_Data_Voltages.pngDisplay_Data_Voltages.png

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Questo è alto per l'alimentazione logica a 5V.
Quanta tensione misuri a TP5 sulla scheda MPU e anche TP1 sulla scheda driver solenoide?

Ed, tutta questa macchina è una contraffazione di un gioco di Bally. Le parti contraffatte si aggiungono al personaggio

Non hai mostrato abbastanza dei display nel tuo video, ma dal poco che vedo sembrano avere il bagliore sotto le cifre. Ciò indica che il generatore di interruzioni del display U12 e anche il 6821 su U11 sulla scheda MPU stanno pilotando i segnali di abilitazione delle cifre del display ok.
Controllare le tensioni sulla scheda MPU contrassegnate dalle frecce rosse in basso (fare clic sull'immagine per ingrandire). Misura anche le tensioni su tutte le uscite del chip U20.
[quoted image]

Good evening
HALLELUJAH

the problem was the u20 ..... they sold it to me broken ...
I am repairing the missing figures .... there is a common one on all displays, even inverting them .... I point to the picture .... is there a common thread with this segment?

IMG_1459 (resized).jpgIMG_1459 (resized).jpg
#59 2 years ago
Quoted from Alessio88:

Finally we have the 7 flash .. cheers ...
thank you very much Quench ...
Post the video
Unfortunately the problems did not end here ... from the video you can see that the displays do not emit digits .... even using the test (as seen in the video)
What should I check now ??
I still have some low-cut threads under the Playfield ... post photos ...
Quench send me your address that I will send you a bottle of good Italian wine ...
[quoted image]

Sounded like a cheap squeak board on boot up

#60 2 years ago

Something to note - If you happen to have used a 4049B at U14 it needs to be a 4049UB & not a 4049B - a 4049B can cause some of the insert lamps to flicker. The Twobits - 35 assembled boards quite often ship with a 4049B.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Sounded like a cheap squeak board on boot up

It's a rethemed Cybernaut which uses the Cheap Squeak board.

Quoted from Joydivision:

The Twobits - 35 assembled boards quite often ship with a 4049B.

Alessio88 built the MPU board from a blank PCB I believe. Can't tell if U14 is a "B" or "UB" version chip but I don't notice any lamp flickering in the videos.

Quoted from Alessio88:

there is a common one on all displays, even inverting them .... I point to the picture .... is there a common thread with this segment?

Yes, there is one wire signal from the MPU board at J1 pin 5 that goes to all displays at pin 8 which controls that digit. So you possible have a bad connection at the MPU board connector J1 pin 5.
Try to swap the J1 pin 5 wire with the J1 pin 4 wire to see if the problem follows the wire.

MPU_J1_Disp_Digit_Conn.pngMPU_J1_Disp_Digit_Conn.png

1 month later
#62 2 years ago

Good evening everyone
they are in the finishing phase
I have a problem with this target reel
It always stays energized and the targets don't fall ... when I turn off the pinball it comes back down ....
what can I do?
Thank you

4E27723B-78B0-4091-A973-697ADFBC4DCE (resized).jpeg4E27723B-78B0-4091-A973-697ADFBC4DCE (resized).jpeg
#63 2 years ago

possible shorted transistor on the solenoid driver board?

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from Rikoshay:

possible shorted transistor on the solenoid driver board?

This ^^^

BTW I will be working on updating Space Hawks code with freeplay this week. Let me know if you're interested.

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bell-games-space-hawks/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.