(Topic ID: 222368)

Being Patient

By pcprogrammer

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

How many look at a pin that they can buy NIB and eventually just say the heck with it and buy it NIB instead of waiting for a nice HUO at a lower price. It's hard to be patient.

#2 5 years ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:

It's hard to be patient.

It's easier when you think of all the fun you are missing waiting for that HUO lower price. And easier than kicking yourself because the game is hot and lower HUO prices never materialize and NIB ones disappear.

Of course if you buy NIB and it turns into a dog and you and everyone else hates it, and can't give it away at any price, you won't be happy either.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

Someone has to buy them .

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Someone has to buy them .

True. But there doesn't always seem to be many good deals on HUO pins. If a pin is $300 cheaper than new it doesn't help me much when I have to spend $150 to $200 on gas and an entire day driving. We all see the great deals that are on the other side of the country... "wish you were closer". Could just be the area I live in.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

It's easier when you think of all the fun you are missing waiting for that HUO lower price. And easier than kicking yourself because the game is hot and lower HUO prices never materialize and NIB ones disappear.
    Of course if you buy NIB and it turns into a dog and you and everyone else hates it, and can't give it away at any price, you won't be happy either.
    LTG : )

I don't ever buy the new "hot" games, I don't get sucked in. I only have one pin so obviously I don't jump on the new pin bandwagon often. I do agree with you that while I'm waiting for months and months and more months I could just be having fun instead of worrying about saving $500.

#6 5 years ago

Ahhh, but the fun of moving in that big heavy box in doors and then open up, set up the game. Going over every bit of it.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Ahhh, but the fun of moving in that big heavy box in doors and then open up, set up the game. Going over every bit of it.

Fun...? I suppose.

More scary though, haha.

#8 5 years ago

YOLO! lol

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:

How many look at a pin that they can buy NIB and eventually just say the heck with it and buy it NIB instead of waiting for a nice HUO at a lower price. It's hard to be patient.

Depends on the trim level you buy. I buy Pros NIB and they don't really go down much in value to be honest; So no point waiting for me.

#11 5 years ago

Unless the game is a dog, it doesn't depreciate much these days. What you do get buying HUO over NIB is the opportunity to avoid problems and headaches that NIB buying can bring. Most games will get to you just fine and work 100%, but when they don't, it's really frustrating.

#12 5 years ago

I see people asking NIB price for HUO left and right. I'm all over NIB vs paying the same price for a used game with no warranty and a few toys glued to the playfield.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I see people asking NIB price for HUO left and right. I'm all over NIB vs paying the same price for a used game with no warranty and a few toys glued to the playfield.

Yea, this is where I'm at with this too.

#14 5 years ago

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/being-patient?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.