Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by AkumaZeto
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What is "fair" as far as fixing issues on machines sold after 30 days”

• I always try to take care of my customers regardless of how long it has been since I sold a machine. 6 votes
      5%
    • I do what I can for customers even though machines were sold "as is" 51 votes
      40%
    • I look at it on a case by case bases but normally "as-is" is just that and it isn't my problem. 55 votes
      43%
    • I sold as-is so it just isn't my problem! Once I have the cash I am done with it! 15 votes
      12%

(127 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drsfmd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from Patofnaud:

If you are a total n00b and do not want to learn or expect someone to fix any problems for you, buy from someone who is offering a warranty. Don't buy a value pin and expect premium service.

And if you do want to learn, how are you supposed to do that without helpful folks to coach you along and show you the ropes?

I'm fairly new to this hobby, there's nothing in a pinball that I can't handle mechanically... but learning how to read a schematic and know where to look when troubleshooting is something that someone needs to teach you.

It's no different than the old car hobby, with which I am very familiar. Modern cars are all set up the same way... turn the key, and go-- the pedals are all in the same place. I could put you in front a Model T and I would bet money that you couldn't even get it started without serious injury, and if you did, you wouldn't have a clue how to drive it. Does that mean I should mock, deride, or refuse to sell one to you? No... it means that I help you get set up with the basics (including safety stuff that one wouldn't even consider in a modern car) and make myself available to help out as I can. It's not a warranty, it's someone willing to help you get up to speed.

#65 10 years ago

Ok... let's break that down... assume someone is brand new... who is Randy Fromm and how is someone supposed to find out about him? Moreover, you're expecting someone to travel and spend more for the class than they likely did for the pin! Have a little understanding here that not everyone can afford premium machines, and some who can afford them don't know if they like the hobby well enough to shell out that kind of money to get started.

Your comments about the model t tell me that you don't understand the dangers of starting one... how are you going to play pinball with that broken thumb?

#70 10 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

This is exactly why I dont sell to noobs this attitude right here. NOTHING IS FREE IN THIS WORLD!

You assume a lack of willingness to learn that is probably imaginary. Truth is, it's a lot easier to change a starter than it is to troubleshoot a pinball...

If "noobside" is so horrible, why are you still here?

When good karma is conflated with bad attitude, things are definately twisted...

#72 10 years ago

You're missing the point entirely. Based on what I have read from you in this thread, I shouldn't be surprised by that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drsfmd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/being-fair-with-a-buyer-that-has-an-issue-with-machine-you-sold?tu=drsfmd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.