image-159.jpg
image-815.jpg
image.jpg
girl_crap.jpg
th-576.jpeg
TWD Premium.jpg
JaredTroll.gif
chance.jpg
There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

BEFORE you rush to buy a TWD Premium PLEASE be aware and understand that if there is rampant success of this model than an additional premium version could be released at a later date, several months from now... or longer.

This version 2 premium could have different side art and back-glass... and you could like it much, much better than the version 1 premium. You may get upset. You may get angry.

The correct course of action is to proceed with the knowledge that should you buy a Stern Pinball Machine, an alternate version or art package could be offered at any time. In the future the game could be remade all together. Decades from now they could license official updates to the code. Anything could happen.

So now that you have been warned about it, you relinquish your right to bitch about it if and when it happens. You're welcome.

#2 9 years ago

This is going to end well ...

rd.

#3 9 years ago

chance.jpgchance.jpg
#4 9 years ago

Haha love the pic! The problem with TWD LE specifically is it's turned into a very very expensive art package. I was about to jump on a NIB LE, but now with the premium I can have the full TWD experience plus all cool accessories such as the Stern Topper, etc and be way cheaper than the LE and it will look cooler in my opinion. Though I think the LE makes sense on some titles like Hulk, STLE, TRONLE, I really really don't get it on Walking Dead. I'm with everyone else, Stern should have given more to the LE, such as, topper, shaker, etc if they always knew a Premium was coming.

I think STLE and Hulk are great examples of the possibitilies of LE, it can be fully loaded to where if you love the theme the value is there and not easily replicated and certainly to a point that the Premium can not be made better than the LE.

Honestly as this is my first post and I have only had my first pinball a month this hobby is damn expensive and there should be only one version, fully loaded, and be a reasonable price.

#5 9 years ago

Probably wishful thinking that they'd just do away with the LE charade altogether and just make Pro and Premium machines. Its stupid to artificially limit how many you can sell.

Even better, just make one machine at a price between the Pro and Premium... Save money on development and pass it down to the fans (I realize that's never gonna happen!).

#6 9 years ago

Don't worry people will still whinge when it happens

#7 9 years ago

Buy a new premium or get a great deal on a HUO LE? It's all good.

#8 9 years ago

My nib days are over. You will be able to pick up all these title for a lot cheaper in a year or two.

#9 9 years ago

Surprising amount of initial thumbs down!

#10 9 years ago

Stern should offer a freebie to LE owners because this little scam is hard to stomach.

#11 9 years ago

Yup, I bought AC/DC Premium than, a long time after came the Luci amazing artwork.

My original reaction was : wow that's cool.

Cause I felt like AC/DC is a winner and more people will get to dig it and they will come up with new original mods and share more stuff about it and than more fun for every one.

me love pinbal........ so crap pins in every single homes and the world will be a better place.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Yup, I bought AC/DC Premium than, a long time after came the Luci amazing artwork.
My original reaction was : wow that's cool

My original reaction was : wow she's pink!

I'd had well over a years thrashing on my Premium when Luci came out so I didn't care either.

Mind you, I'm sure half the Pinsiders actually just look at their pins rather than playing them, so I'm sure it matters to some of them.

rd.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Did you think it was going to get much more thumbs down ?

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Stern should offer a freebie to LE owners because this little scam is hard to stomach.

Dude seriously? You have the balls to bring that up again here but you dont have the balls to return to the thread you started on the subject because absolutely no one agreed with you and said you were an idiot...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-owners-class-action-complaint
You got 90 thumbs down for the idea and still counting...

#15 9 years ago

Thankfully, there's a drain it button now.

#16 9 years ago

Maybe this will be the final straw that gets buyers to pressure Stern into stopping this multi-version machine garbage.

LEs should ONLY be upgraded cosmetics or non-game related extras. Machines not different in function from a base game.....a little bit "extra" for the collectors.

You can't blame Stern for giving you guys exactly what you want though...

#17 9 years ago

I'm holding out for a Walking Dead Vault Edition to be safe.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

What scam? The outrage is absurd.

#19 9 years ago

When there is a "Michonne Premium" TWD in 6-8 months with unique side art and back glass, with possible plastics changes what are you going to do???? Because it may happen.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

When there is a "Michonne Premium" TWD in 6-8 months with unique side art and back glass, with possible plastics changes what are you going to do???? Because it may happen.

Dude who cares?

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Dude who cares?

According to the thread and posts of members of this forum based on similar turns of events: hundreds.

People are losing their cookies over the announcement of the premium. They will double toss cookies when there is a 2nd, more attractive, improved premium in a few months.

I'm a for it, 100%. What I'm not for is people complaining about it when it inevitably happens.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

What scam? The outrage is absurd.

I'm actually upset about the blood armor not being with the LE. I'm okay with topper, blades, shooter rod, and premium...but Stern should have had the top end armor ship with the LE or they should have announced it simultaneously with the release of the game and not after deposits were already taken.

Granted, my distro offered me to get out after the better black blood armor was released and I chose to stay in...but it doesn't make me less miffed at Stern. JJP will be my next game...I'm done with stern for the time being.

Just how I feel on the matter.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm actually upset about the blood armor not being with the LE. I'm okay with topper, blades, shooter rod, and premium...but Stern should have had the top end armor ship with the LE or they should have announced it simultaneously with the release of the game and not after deposits were already taken.
Granted, my distro offered me to get out after the better black blood armor was released and I chose to stay in...but it doesn't make me less miffed at Stern. JJP will be my next game...I'm done with stern for the time being.
Just how I feel on the matter.

You really think the blood splatter armor is better than the LE armor? I think it would look like shit with the LE cab art. Not to mention it looks like standard black armor that a 4 year old got their hands on after doing some finger painting.

#24 9 years ago

Yeah. That armor looks kick ass all day long. At first I was like $499? Expensive but looks like a great mod. Actually, I'm still like that, , but if I fork over the extra moola for this 'mod', aren't I just continuing to justify Stern's plan? Pinball should be fun, not a serious investment money strategy! Geezus.

So I get the greater armor, install it, happy with looks but Stern is $500 bucks richer and keeps going with this supported crapfest model, or I keep my great armor and do a tiny part in changing the tide, maybe? My head hurts...

#26 9 years ago

What this thread says is that Stern is a black hole of information on their models. While this statements may be obvious to many members here, it hasn't been obvious to new pinball enthusiasts buying the TWD game, and many other current member enthusiasts who don't read all the related threads. And burning new pinball enthusiasts as well as other members with a black hole of information will only hurt Stern and the pinball community in general.

I posted this on another thread and it is relevant here... it won't let me post the link so to read the post in its entirety look at the top of page 18 of the twd premiums wtf thread.

If a person has to go to a third party forum and potentially comb through hundreds of posts to get general product practice information for a manufacturer/seller, then there is something wrong with the communications from that manufacturer/seller.

If Stern does not have a simple caveat/disclaimer/notice/description on their website describing and discussing general product information for a posted pinball theme or for all pinball themes on the site (i.e., an overview of pro/le/premium/etc options and what they mean, with current and potential future availability) to educate the consumer and provide them with basic information, then they risk upsetting their own consumers, which does a disservice to the pinball community and more importantly themselves.

Post edited by dzoomer: grammar fixes

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

You really think the blood splatter armor is better than the LE armor? I think it would look like shit with the LE cab art. Not to mention it looks like standard black armor that a 4 year old got their hands on after doing some finger painting.

Looks awesome in pic, but man, first sign of a pinkish tone on that ' blood' red color and I'm gonna do something with that armor to Gary I shoulda done awhile back!

Write an angry letter....

What?

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

What this statement says is that Stern is a black hole of information on their models. While this statements may be obvious to many members here, it hasn't been obvious to new pinball enthusiasts buying the TWD game, and many other current member enthusiasts who don't read all the related threads. And burning new pinball enthusiasts as well as other members with a black hole of information will only hurt Stern and the pinball community in general.
I posted this on another thread and it is relevant here... it won't let me post the link so page 18 of the twd premiums wtf thread.
If a person has to go to a third party forum and potentially comb through hundreds of posts to get general product practice information for a manufacturer/seller, then there is something wrong with the communications from that manufacturer/seller.
If Stern does not have a simple caveat/disclaimer/notice/description on their website describing and discussing general product information for a posted pinball theme or for all pinball themes on the site (i.e., an overview of pro/le/premium/etc options and what they mean, with current and potential future availability) to educate the consumer and provide them with basic information, then they risk upsetting their own consumers, which does a disservice to the pinball community and more importantly themselves.

They do. It's called the features matrix, on Sterns website. Compares options of different models available at that time.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Looks awesome in pic, but man, first sign of a pinkish tone on that ' blood' red color and I'm gonna do something with that armor to Gary I shoulda done awhile back!
Write an angry letter....
What?

I'm not going to lie, it would look fantastic on a Pro. It would be a HUGE improvement over the factory black. However on the LE and even the Premium, it is going to look out of place with the cab color schemes.

#30 9 years ago

I agree that the Premium does not look good. Wait for the Ultra Premium after Xmas.

#31 9 years ago

Buy some black armor and some red paint, hire a 6 year old to throw some paint on it and you are good to go. Save yourself the $500 for some black armor that is standard on almost every game with some red paint thrown on it.

#32 9 years ago

As I said before... my take on "upgrading" the LE armor...

Quoted from Yipykya:

You know if the LE originally came with the blood splattered black armor and Stern offered the rust colored armor as a stately expensive option that matched the LE cabinetry to a T to elevate the LE to a higher level of refinement, everyone would be bitching the LE should have came with that in the first place too.

The rusted armor is unique to the LE and puts it a notch above the other models that will never have it and wouldn't even look right with it. It IS special, why can't people recognize that?

Be happy folks, remember it's just a toy. Different colored armor really doesn't make a lick of difference in the value of your pin if that's what your so concerned about. I think people just want what they don't have.

If it is so important to you just paint over your beautifully matched rust LE armor and make it black to make it look like every other pin out there then put your wet paint hand prints all over it.

...Or just bend over and buy Stern's ridiculously priced option and cry not, because it's exactly the same armor with an extra $1.00 of red paint on it.
Jeesh

My sympathy and apologies to LE owners that just don't get it, everyone seems to care so much about the value of their model so think about this, years from now a serious collector will value the LE the way it was meant to be and not with the black red spotted armor that everyone and his brother put on their pros and premiums.

The armor the LE came with is a unique part of what makes it THE Limited Edition model... remember that when your screwing it up.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

They do. It's called the features matrix, on Sterns website. Compares options of different models available at that time.

My post is not about a features matrix. That, as you said, is on the their website. And it is what led people to buy the LE over Pro for the price...

What has been omitted on their website was Stern considering the potential offering of a premium TWD machine that was posted on a thread in this forum a few months earlier. Stern for the benefit of their customers and the community as well as the education of new enthusiasts should at least be up front with not only what models are available, but also what other models may be considered available for production in the future (with whatever caveats they wish to add). This information was never made known on Stern's website. And the new pinball buying enthusiasts to the hobby took the hit as noted on that thread unfortunately.

Again, if a person has to go to a third party forum and potentially comb through hundreds of posts to get general product practice information for a manufacturer/seller, then there is something wrong with the communications from that manufacturer/seller.

Post edited by dzoomer: grammar fix

#34 9 years ago

A lesson we are all learning:

If you buy in early into the Pinball Game:
1. A newer model that is more desirable may come out.
2. If no premium model is released, it maybe in the future.
3. Code won't be done at release and will take at least a year or more to feel complete

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

But how many buyers care? Sure this stuff is important to some, but the proportion may be amplified here due to the audience. Most buyers perhaps don't care to look or search at all.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Stern for the benefit of their customers and the community as well as the education of new enthusiasts should at least be up front with not only what models are available, but also what other models may be considered available for production in the future (with whatever caveats they wish to add). This information was never made known on Stern's website.

You will have to make a stronger argument on why you think Stern should speculate on what they may or may not make. To me a comparison would be to ask Stern what themes are they looking at for 2015 and for them to list 5-7 while they only plan to make 2-3. I don't see how this benefits Stern?

#37 9 years ago

Build one game ! Pro ? Premium? Le ? Offer factory upgrades to be done by owner or distributors. Keep it simple,keep cost down

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

That would be fine - they could make a dozen more versions -> not a problem. You need to read thru the 18 pages of the other thread again -> then maybe you could get a clue as to why people were actually upset. Nothing you've suggested here would be upsetting, but I guess you can't see why.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

What scam are you talking about?

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Build one game ! Pro ? Premium? Le ? Offer factory upgrades to be done by owner or distributors. Keep it simple,keep cost down

Stern doesn't exist to serve us. They're here to make money.
Once some of you guys figure this out, everything's a lot simpler.
If you don't like the way they operate, don't buy NIB pins from them.
There are used pins available with full code, already rated, fewer surprises to be had -and at a cheaper price.
I know 3 local Pinsiders who bought TWDLEs. None of them are complaining. Rather, they've only just recently stopped emailing everybody, talking about how great the game is!
That's what pinball should be about. Not this BS about how your new pin from Stern is great, but doesn't solve world hunger.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from T7:

That would be fine - they could make a dozen more versions -> not a problem. You need to read thru the 18 pages of the other thread again -> then maybe you could get a clue as to why people were actually upset. Nothing you've suggested here would be upsetting, but I guess you can't see why.

He is just attention whoring as usual and trolling for reactions. Apparently he needed his very own thread because that other giant one was not enough about him.

JaredTroll.gifJaredTroll.gif

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

According to the thread and posts of members of this forum based on similar turns of events: hundreds.
People are losing their cookies over the announcement of the premium. They will double toss cookies when there is a 2nd, more attractive, improved premium in a few months.
I'm a for it, 100%. What I'm not for is people complaining about it when it inevitably happens.

Sorry a bunch of people with nothing to gripe about. At no point did Stern say there would never be a premium. LE owners should just be happy with their pin and if pro owners are pissed they can sell their pro and buy a premium. If they are worried about losing a few hundred bucks selling off the pro they probably shouldn't have bought 4500+ toy to begin with.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Carl_694:

But how many buyers care? Sure this stuff is important to some, but the proportion may be amplified here due to the audience. Most buyers perhaps don't care to look or search at all.

Your point on searching I would have thought is my point. There are buyers upset on the bait/switch view that Stern has now done with the premium model. Multiple people have posted such on the forum, and many other non-members would be expected to have similar opinions.

Maybe I'm not making myself clear. If Stern's had a basic caveat/disclaimer/notice/description on their website noting potential related future models (with qualifications if needed) then all this discussion of third party forum posting would be irrelevant. Enough buyers seem to care about the black hole of Stern website information on potential pinball machine options to blow up a major thread on the TWD experience in this forum. And there is my negative experience (and a few others posted on the forum) as a new pinball buying enthusiast that is a direct result of this black hole of information by Stern on their website.

I'm not saying my recommendation is a comprehensive fix all. But basic communication on Stern's website with regards to current and potential future theme machine offerings (pro/le/premium) would allow the pinball enthusiast community who visits their website to understand the basics of the Stern offerings (current and potential future, even with qualifications), which is never a bad thing.

Quoted from ZenTron:

You will have to make a stronger argument on why you think Stern should speculate on what they may or may not make. To me a comparison would be to ask Stern what themes are they looking at for 2015 and for them to list 5-7 while they only plan to make 2-3. I don't see how this benefits Stern?

What don't you understand?

I'm not saying Stern should speculate on theme options they may release (e.g., ST vs TWD vs MET, etc). Rather what machine options they may release and potentially release within a theme (e.g., pro, le, premium). The point is that many people, and especially new enthusiasts don't understand that Stern has a plan on what they may or may not make within a theme machine for options (e.g., pro, le, premium),.... but they don't make it known on their website. It seems they make it known with the odd third party post on a third party website (talk about plausible deniability).

For the benefit of their customers and the pinball community, Stern should at least acknowledge on their website how (in any manner) they may potentially speculate and offer future offerings for certain theme titles and machine offerings based on interest and demand. Better that than silence which has led many people to erroneously conclude that no other machines have been considered.

It at least educates people who visit their website interested in buying to understand the full context of their current and future potential machine option offerings, and what may change (or may not, depending on what caveat/wording they use).

Quoted from Chambahz:

Stern doesn't exist to serve us. They're here to make money.
Once some of you guys figure this out, everything's a lot simpler.
If you don't like the way they operate, don't buy NIB pins from them.
There are used pins available with full code, already rated, fewer surprises to be had -and at a cheaper price.
I know 3 local Pinsiders who bought TWDLEs. None of them are complaining. Rather, they've only just recently stopped emailing everybody, talking about how great the game is!
That's what pinball should be about. Not this BS about how your new pin from Stern is great, but doesn't solve world hunger.

That's short-sighted. I guess some people care about the community more than a who-cares attitude.

I found multiple new enthusiast members on the premium wtf thread who are turned off with the way Stern has done the TWD release. And they have now noted that they are wary against NIB purchases. This does not help Stern, nor the community.

Quoted from smassa:

Sorry a bunch of people with nothing to gripe about. At no point did Stern say there would never be a premium. LE owners should just be happy with their pin and if pro owners are pissed they can sell their pro and buy a premium. If they are worried about losing a few hundred bucks selling off the pro they probably shouldn't have bought 4500+ toy to begin with.

And did Stern say there would be a premium on their website, or even the possibility that there was a premium (on their website)? Let me answer that, NO.

Is a black hole of information on Stern's website reasonable?

Sadly, some new enthusiasts have posted their negative experience with the TWD release because of this black hole of Stern website information. And sorry, but third party information on third party websites is not a reasonable way for the dissemination of information.

It isn't a fix-all but at least if Stern started to give some basic information to people who visit their website on the potential for additional theme models, it would go a long way to educating consumers and giving people the opportunity to make informed decisions. This is not rocket science.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

He is just attention whoring as usual and trolling for reactions. Apparently he needed his very own thread because that other giant one was not enough about him.

Seriously, stop following me around Pinside. Its creepy. You have issues.

Comments made by me in regards to you or observations of you. 0

Comments made by you in regards to me or observation of me. More than I care to count.

Beat it.

#45 9 years ago

Someone buy my twdle nib instead of the premium

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Why would you be surprised? You came off surprisingly cocky, especially when you end it like this:

Quoted from Jared:

So now that you have been warned about it, you relinquish your right to bitch about it if and when it happens. You're welcome.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Perhaps I won't feel that way after I see the rust armor in person, which will be in just a few days.

I think there are a lot of people saying there is mass outrage at stern for the premium thing, but I don't see it. Most of us LE owners just feel the game will be better coded now...but sure, we also feel like we over paid for a mirrored translight (that stern told us would be a back glass...) and a plaque...no one likes feeling like a smuck.

Regardless, I was getting an LE on this title. My family all love TWD show, heck my extended family all loves it...and I've been wanting a zombie themed pin forever.

#48 9 years ago

You can't always get what ya want...
Master of pinball is pulling your strings!
I can't drive 55!
Spell IRONMAN for...

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Why would you be surprised? You came off surprisingly cocky, especially when you end it like this:

Good point... I didnt mean for it to come off that way. I have no angle or reason to be cocky as I am not an owner of the game...

I just want everyone to understand and be OK with the fact that many versions of (any) game are going to come out in (any) order without (any) notice. It's just the way it is.

If everyone knows this up front, you will never be shocked.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

Maybe this will be the final straw that gets buyers to pressure Stern into stopping this multi-version machine garbage.
LEs should ONLY be upgraded cosmetics or non-game related extras. Machines not different in function from a base game.....a little bit "extra" for the collectors.
You can't blame Stern for giving you guys exactly what you want though...

So you would prefer the LE to be a Pro with different art? Because that's exactly what you would get with that business model.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 26.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/before-you-rush-to-buy-a-twd-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.