(Topic ID: 296895)

Before the "Dark Times"... Before Pinside...

By Bublehead

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotron911.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 2 years ago

Sigh... I was lucky to have a ton of arcades by me growing up in Overland Park, Kansas. King Louie Bowling had an enormous pin/arcade collection. Red Baron in the Metcalf South Mall. Oak Park Mall and Bannister Mall had Fun Factories. Malibu Grand Prix, Putt-Putt Golf N Games... literally a dozen or more places with several having hundreds of arcades and dozens of pins.

I wonder how today's kids are going to reflect on their middle-school and high-school years. We had bikes, movie theaters, drive-ins, arcades, public pools, virtually no adult supervision. What are they going to have? "I played a ton of Fortnite in between my basketball training while making TikTok videos." Lame as hell. I truly feel bad for them. While they have the freedom to explore the world virtually, they don't have it physically. And social media has made what I would have considered even a reasonably optimistic world (and this is at the height of Cold War tensions, Iran hostage crisis, etc.) a total negative, divisive shit show.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotron911.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/before-the-dark-times-before-pinside?tu=robotron911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.