You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gene-$immons.jpg
Capture.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider juanton.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

perfection is not something they need to be focused on

Dude, I can't believe you said this . I think all ..... ah f#$@ it. I'll finish this thought after I start drinking tonight.

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

why? I couldn't agree more. Perfection is not what they should be focusing on. Getting from 95% to 100% is usually hugely time consuming with massive diminishing returns. Metallica and Star Trek were rough for a long time. But both are great now. These don't need months more coding trying to iron out every possible issue. They're tons of fun as they are.
People also don't realize. Stern has an assembly line that can't sit idle. The workers in there would quit and find new jobs. Their release schedule is set as such so the assembly line can remain relatively regular otherwise the entire company is in trouble. This has a lot to do with why titles have to get rushed out the door.
All that being said, personally, I am probably done buying new and waiting a year. I could see a 2-3 month wait to get the code done. But a year is just too ridiculous for me.

I understand your point, but would you put out something less than your best? Just because Stern is a manufacturer doesn't mean they should get a pass. To me it seems like corporate greed to screw over their customers. Obviously it hasn't hurt them so far, but at some point I would think people would stop buying. Who am I kidding, pinheads will keep buying.

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'm only going to say this once...
Remember when everyone bashed the people that were saying that something was fishy with Skit-B, long before anything was out in the open?
I'm not so sure I'd be quick to judge someone that has way more "industry insider" knowledge on a pertinent topic.

True, but the same things were said before WOZ was delivered.

#156 8 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Ask jpop how profection works out. You have to build something great not perfect because you'll never end up releasing a damn thing.

I'm sure we'll never agree, no big deal. Perfection in the eyes of an artist versus a manufacturer are two different things though.

#215 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Yes. Absolutely. As a developer that has released tons of stuff, coding to a 90-95% level is about the most effective use of your time. In the time it takes to bring "something" from 95% to 100% I can create a whole second "something" and bring it to 95%. I'm all for stern releasing faster updates and I think a year is just too ridiculous to wait for the proper code drop ala Acdc, Metallica, and Star Trek. But the above games are good - great now. And stern should not just continually be hammering away for another 3-6 months to hit a perceived 100%.

I actually meant a product 95% done, not specifically code. Since the code is part of the overall product I guess one could argue the product isn't finished. I know absolutely nothing about coding and programming, I will defer to you on 95% being good enough. If the code is going to be abandoned at 95% and considered good enough though, isn't that the new 100% finished?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider juanton.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/before-ordering-kiss?tu=juanton and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.