Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by slochar
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Recently picked up a Robocop machine, and the right inlane/outlane ball guide is no longer staying put. The wire guide appears to have no barb on it, and I can not see any metal in the guide hole.
So as the title states, before I do something stupid, were Data East pins of that era gluing ball guides into their playfields? If so can/should I use a 2 part epoxy to bond it back into place?
Thanks!

#2 5 years ago

AFAIK no company ever glued the guides in. The mounting hole is just worn.... fill and redrill would be the order of the day here, or you can try and thicken up the guide where it goes into the too-large hole.

#3 5 years ago

slochar thanks for the reply. I was fairly sure that it was not originally glued in, but wanted confirmation.
Now my issue is the guide itself; should there be little barbs on both ends?

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from buffaloatx:

should there be little barbs on both ends?

Not always. The ball guides are probably correct. The holes are just likely hogged out. Fill them and re-drill them.

#5 5 years ago

@forceflow thank you, I'll fill and drill. If I F it up I'll be back for more advice.

#6 5 years ago

One more quick question. What product to you recommend I use to fill the hole?

#7 5 years ago

Packed in wood epoxy would be best for this - unless you want to drill it larger to take a dowel. Let it completely cure before drilling a new slightly smaller than needed hole for a tight press fit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/before-i-do-something-stupida-robocop-question?hl=slochar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.