(Topic ID: 184933)

Beetlejuice or Gremlins pinball?

By Jackpin

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy a gremlins or beetlejuice pin”

• Beetlejuice 49 votes
      44%
    • Gremlins 26 votes
      23%
    • Neither 14 votes
      13%
    • Both 23 votes
      21%

(112 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gremlinspool (resized).jpg
    beetle 2 juice 2 furious (resized).jpg
    4 (resized).jpg
    giphy-2 (resized).png
    download (resized).jpg
    download-1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4189 (resized).PNG
    055362226ebbdec2d8feda83371a14c6 (resized).jpg
    Beetlejuice-from-howard-stern-show-says-hed-beat-mike-tyson (resized).jpg
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    untitled (resized).png
    IMG_4179 (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 7 years ago

I think beetlejuice or gremlins would make for a great game. 80s horror/comedy make for fun pinball modes, toys, and art.

#2 7 years ago

BeetleJuice!

I understand a New Movie is in works!

The Campy Horror Humor along with an Elfman Soundtrack?, stirs my mind how creative the content could be!

Zagnut?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3 7 years ago

I love both so much. Beetlejuice had the better soundtrack but Gremlins may have the better theme. I can just imagine how the Gremlins could mess with player.

#4 7 years ago

Dantes Inferno Room would make for a great mod

IMG_4179 (resized).PNGIMG_4179 (resized).PNG

#5 7 years ago

Beetlejuice would be great. there should be a hidden easter egg somewhere in the rules to resurrect sammy davis jr. or something, Since Burton actually wrote it with him in mind. The Pinball needs way more Beetlejuice bits than the movie had- that might be the only handicap here.

#6 7 years ago

Both would be great.

Beetlejuice - triple level playfield. Upper mini for the Deetz attic, lower mini for afterlife waiting room. Pop up head mech as per CV with Beetlejuice callout of Attention Kmart shoppers and It's showtime. Plus a motorised nice f*ckin tree model which can get kicked over by Beetlejui

Phew. Only said the B word twice. All good.

Quoted from dmbjunky:

I love both so much. Beetlejuice had the better soundtrack but Gremlins may have the better theme. I can just imagine how the Gremlins could mess with player.

Gremlins mode with reverse flippers - left button activates right, right activates left.

#7 7 years ago

So the Goal is to say Beetle Juice, Beetle Juice, Beetle Juice....

And the playfield tips, and the High end is by the Player and the action is from the back!

Plus everything else!~

#8 7 years ago

I voted neither, because NIB pins simply aren't affordable.

That being said, "Beetlejuice" is one of the themes I write in on all the "if you designed a pin..." threads, so I still want to voice support for the theme.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Beetle Juice, Beetle Juice, Beetle Juice....

Yes??

#10 7 years ago

Both themes are great but i vote beetlejuice.

#11 7 years ago

Beetlejuice would have the wittier humor.. Plus you could do some cool lighting effects when Beetlejuice appears. Would HAVE to have sandworms that pop out and eat your ball, and a section that is a scale model of the town.

Also thinking a DAY-O mode where a 3rd flippers starts flipping by itself (like addams family)

#12 7 years ago

I'd love to see a Beetlejuice pin! "This is Beetle, he's bad as can and he knows he's the best."

untitled (resized).pnguntitled (resized).png

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg

Beetlejuice-from-howard-stern-show-says-hed-beat-mike-tyson (resized).jpgBeetlejuice-from-howard-stern-show-says-hed-beat-mike-tyson (resized).jpg

055362226ebbdec2d8feda83371a14c6 (resized).jpg055362226ebbdec2d8feda83371a14c6 (resized).jpg

#13 7 years ago

A Beetlejuice pin should be Circus Voltare on steroids. Count me in.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

I'd love to see a Beetlejuice pin! "This is Beetle, he's bad as can and he knows he's the best."

I have a pipe dream (maybe a crack pipe dream) about retheming a Monster Bash into a Wack Pack pin. I think Beetle would take The Bride's place, so his little head can pop up and down and say something funny every time you hit a ramp. Frakenstein would become Bigfoot or High Pitch Eric, instead of Dracula and the Coffin, Gary The Conquerer would emerge from Burgerville. Maybe Wendy the Slow Adult would take Wolfman's place....Hank the Angry Drunken Dwarf in a coffin where the Mummy is. Maybe Elephant Boy where Creech is. I probably should have Eric the Midget in there....even in death, he's still an ungrateful little bastard.

#15 7 years ago

just gonna leave this right here.. BPM seems to be all the rage lately

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I have a pipe dream (maybe a crack pipe dream) about retheming a Monster Bash into a Wack Pack pin. I think Beetle would take The Bride's place, so his little head can pop up and down and say something funny every time you hit a ramp. Frakenstein would become Bigfoot or High Pitch Eric, instead of Dracula and the Coffin, Gary The Conquerer would emerge from Burgerville. Maybe Wendy the Slow Adult would take Wolfman's place....Hank the Angry Drunken Dwarf in a coffin where the Mummy is. Maybe Elephant Boy where Creech is. I probably should have Eric the Midget in there....even in death, he's still an ungrateful little bastard.

Dude, you and me have been thinking a like on this! I've doodled a few playfield layouts when I had down days thinking of Howard Stern modes with Wack Pack'ers.

#17 7 years ago

I have my Eric the actor fly with balloons mod ready to go! The "you know what to do" mode would be great.

IMG_4189 (resized).PNGIMG_4189 (resized).PNG

#18 7 years ago

How about something like created within the last 30 years?

5 months later
    #19 6 years ago

If it were a real Beetlegeuse game, that would be a dream come true. I vote these two for bobbleheads.

download-1 (resized).jpgdownload-1 (resized).jpg

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#20 6 years ago

The poll should have been would you prefer the theme of the pin to be the movie beetle juice or the Howard Stern wack packer beetle juice. Or maybe just a Howard Stern pinball! The callous are all there.

#21 6 years ago

This how many days until the release of Beatlejuice the Pin.

giphy-2 (resized).pnggiphy-2 (resized).png

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

This how many days until the release of Beatlejuice the Pin.

Looks like I'm next!
    4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg

also they keep teasing a sequel

beetle 2 juice 2 furious (resized).jpgbeetle 2 juice 2 furious (resized).jpg

#23 6 years ago

Do the movie while they are all still alive and well. Michael Keaton is a great actor. The Founder was great and he did a good job in the new Spiderman movie. Clearly the man still has it. Make it happen. Movie and Pin I'm all in!

#24 6 years ago

Beetlegeuse would be an awesome theme!

2 weeks later
    #26 6 years ago

beetlejuice by far.
    edge in characters. locales. soundtrack. comedic horror.

still, gremlins could have "everybody out of the pool" multiball.

gremlinspool (resized).jpggremlinspool (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beetlejuice-or-gremlins-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.