(Topic ID: 262875)

Beetlejuice is coming... sooner rather than later.

By Beechwood

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 days ago by hAbO
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is Beetlejuice going to happen?”

• Yes, it is coming and I can't wait 21 votes
      17%
    • It isn't coming anytime soon 61 votes
      48%
    • Cletus the cross-eyed chicken knows more than the O.P. 44 votes
      35%

(126 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2c1fd526-9753-4e87-a374-0f70ff14710b_text.gif
    did-you-ever-know-that-youre-my-hero-com-17628030.png
    poster (resized).jpg
    doll (resized).jpg
    btljuice (resized).png
    E58FB581-133B-4695-8743-1D8AE847D5F8 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20200226-223154_Gallery (resized).jpg
    9C4B677B-7F8A-4377-B9E7-9BB6452FCAA1.gif
    9E106E4D-F99C-48E0-AD11-53BE7F966E07 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20200226_205333 (resized).jpg
    There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

**Edit: Apparently Stern never got the license, just considered it. Maybe Spooky jumped onboard. (They would kick it with a perfect theme for them) I guess Cletus the cross eyed chicken does know more than me**

Stern considered doing Beetlejuice. But no designers showed interest at the time. Now they have Keith Elwin, and he has said his third game is already "in the can". He has relatively younger interests and seemingly different perspective that lacks from the other designers at Stern. With Franchi's artwork and Elwins design, this perspective machine could be a slam dunk.

Winona Ryder said in December that a Beetlejuice 2 was going to happen. A lot of rumors over the years of the film being shelved and then resurrected, but this seems to be happening soon-ish. A bonus for someone to make the pin happen.

I personally really like the thought of the original movie being made into a pin. The theme music alone would be killer as you play. So many modes, etc.

I really can see this coming to be reality this year, if not 2021.

Hell, they made Munsters and it did well, so Beetlejuice becoming a reality is no stretch.

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice!!!

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Stern had already got the rights to do Beetlejuice

What written proof do you have to back this up?

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

What written proof do you have to back this up?

IMG_20200226_205333 (resized).jpgIMG_20200226_205333 (resized).jpg
    #4 4 years ago

Your argument goes to shit when you realise Franchi isn't working at Stern!

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from jardine:

Your argument goes to shit when you realise Franchi isn't working at Stern!

But it got their (Beetle) juices flowing knowing how great the art could be. Maybe subcontract with Franchi or have Zombie Eddie take over...

#6 4 years ago

Beetlejuice would be right in Spooky’s wheelhouse, but would love to see any manufacturer take this on.

#7 4 years ago

I’m coming, I’m coming, I’m coming!!!

9E106E4D-F99C-48E0-AD11-53BE7F966E07 (resized).jpeg9E106E4D-F99C-48E0-AD11-53BE7F966E07 (resized).jpeg
    #8 4 years ago

Franchi is working with CGC currently, but I guess as a contractor, he's free to take on any art projects he wants. The theme has potential.

#9 4 years ago

I mean this is an awesome theme. I’d be in on it. Would others?

#10 4 years ago

Well, let's be serious.

Kaneda can't report the rumor, so why shouldn't I.

Just kidding... I like cheese

#11 4 years ago

Let's hope it's not based on the musical, like how DE ruined Tommy.

#12 4 years ago

As long as stern doesn’t screw the pooch like they did with stranger things. Or make it family friendly.

9C4B677B-7F8A-4377-B9E7-9BB6452FCAA1.gif9C4B677B-7F8A-4377-B9E7-9BB6452FCAA1.gif
    #13 4 years ago

This Beetle...lol

Screenshot_20200226-223154_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200226-223154_Gallery (resized).jpg
    #14 4 years ago
    E58FB581-133B-4695-8743-1D8AE847D5F8 (resized).jpegE58FB581-133B-4695-8743-1D8AE847D5F8 (resized).jpeg
    #15 4 years ago

This is one of the weakest rumors I've ever read.

#16 4 years ago

I sure hope it's not coming, time for some more recent theme's!

If they have to pick older themes, please only classic themes like Ghostbusters and not things like this....

#17 4 years ago
    btljuice (resized).pngbtljuice (resized).png
    #18 4 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Franchi is working with CGC currently, but I guess as a contractor, he's free to take on any art projects he wants. The theme has potential.

Maybe this will be CGC's first licensed game I heard was coming out??

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

As long as stern doesn’t screw the pooch like they did with stranger things. Or make it family friendly.[quoted image]

That is exactly why I hope Stern doesn't make it.

Give it the "Rick and Morty" treatment and really keep the theme true. Put a family mode to keep it tame for the kids but keep the adult theme available for us big kids.

And what a great bash toy Beetlejuice himself would make!

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

That is exactly why I hope Stern doesn't make it.
    Give it the "Rick and Morty" treatment and really keep the theme true. Put a family mode to keep it tame for the kids but keep the adult theme available for us big kids.
    And what a great bash toy Beetlejuice himself would make!

Looks like it won't be Stern - as they already gave it a hard no.

I don't much care for the theme - but I am sure there are many that do. And that art is just fantastic to be honest.

#21 4 years ago

I find that Gomez quote rather interesting. As someone who works in management in a creative field, it is quite odd from a business perspective to let the staff dictate their own work assignments.

Of course you want to foster your employees creativity and inspire them with assignments that align with their passions, etc but business is business...teams shouldn't get to chose (or refuse) to work on projects, that breeds chaos and inconsistent leadership. Beetlejuice would be a HUGE success of a theme...far more so than Munsters and other similar recent titles - why is the business and leadership not driving decisions around titles? Why would they let the design team drive the bus? How is that good for business to pass on a slam dunk theme?

Black Knight SOR is another example of this in reverse. By most accounts this is a failure that did not live up to sales expectations. I happen to really like the game personally but Stern as a business would have made a boatload more money if Beetlejuice had been in the pipeline of design and production in place of BK SOR.

#22 4 years ago

A ramp with the Beetlejuice snake attached to it going across the top back orbit!
    -Mike

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

[quoted image]

George isn't wrong at all. If you can't get behind the idea, your imagination will be lacking. That also explains a ton about the choices they DO make...and is why we need fresh young blood in the design/dev area.

#24 4 years ago

Beetlejuice would have been as hot of a theme as GB...it’s nostalgic yet still beloved today. The character, music and art design are iconic. It would have been a far better theme to pick than Munsters...while iconic and classic, just doesn’t have the pull or relevance that Beetlejuice still does.

That being said - no one should do Beetlejuice pinball if they can’t get all assets with the license. No voices or Danny Elfman music = DOA.

#25 4 years ago

The first movie that put me to sleep in the movie theater.

#26 4 years ago

They could use the Elvira Turret mech for the carousel head/cap on top of Beetlejuice's head. (maybe even have orbit spinner shots cause it to rotate).
    Use dual Metallica hammer ball locks for the outstretched arms. Locking in 2 balls on each one for a killer 4 ball MB. Sandworm ramps. The theme screams options for a badass pin!

doll (resized).jpgdoll (resized).jpgposter (resized).jpgposter (resized).jpg
    #27 4 years ago

Should change the title of the thread to Beetlejuice would be a cool pinball to make or similar. THis makes it seem like its a soon to be released title when its not. We can dream, but we can dream about lots of themes that won't make it to pinball.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from bssbllr:

The first movie that put me to sleep in the movie theater.

Thanks for letting us know not to see great movies with you.

#29 4 years ago

The title of your next sex tape?

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Let's hope it's not based on the musical, like how DE ruined Tommy.

The musical is awesome. Really re-invigorated my interest in the franchise.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

[quoted image]

I'm sorry, but that.. is horrid.

#32 4 years ago

I expect this game will not have a standard plunger - it will be voice controlled and you must say Beetlejuice three times to launch a ball.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I find that Gomez quote rather interesting. As someone who works in management in a creative field, it is quite odd from a business perspective to let the staff dictate their own work assignments.

Pinball has about zero to do with any other traditional business or management environment. Surprised you haven't figured that out by now!

I would think most of the crazies here would like Stern's policy. Making game's that are "the design team's passion" isn't just the purview of Spooky, apparently.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Thanks for letting us know not to see great movies with you.

I also have never seen Top Gun.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from bssbllr:

I also have never seen Top Gun.

#36 4 years ago

Or the Notebook. But at least we’re not talking about making a shitty pin.

#37 4 years ago

my 2 cents. need to move on from these old licenses. bettlejiuce, superman...even Jurassic park would have been better as Jurassic world. i don't' get the fixation on this old stuff..., back the future, jaws, etc. these are all old, outdated movies now. are you kidding me on heavy metal? it's a bad, early 80s movie. tried watching it a few years ago...laughable by today's standards.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaki:

my 2 cents. need to move on from these old licenses. bettlejiuce, superman...even Jurassic park would have been better as Jurassic world. i don't' get the fixation on this old stuff..., back the future, jaws, etc. these are all old, outdated movies now. are you kidding me on heavy metal? it's a bad, early 80s movie. tried watching it a few years ago...laughable by today's standards.

A lot of it is because the old nostalgia holds the money. That part I get, but you are going to be hard pressed to bring in younger audiences if you can't put out something they relate to - also attention spans are much lower now due to a constant access to changing trends so what they like changes much faster than us old bastards.

Stranger Things and Rick and Morty are a step in the right direction.

Sterns idea of a 'lifestyle' brand while I hate it, actually makes sense. Kids these days base their lives around how they are identified and perceived. If owning pinball machines is seen as cool by the masses, more people will strive to get them.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaki:

Heavy Metal isn’t based on the movie, it’s based on the magazine brand.

As for the movies - some are ageless and still watched today. Beetlejuice still holds up due to the Tim Burton style, Danny Elfman music, and iconic Michael Keaton performance. There’s a Beetlejuice bar in LA. There’s a musical. 20-somethings dress up as Beet for Halloween.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaki:

Beetlejuice is different than Superman and Heavy Metal. I agree those last two are ..ugh.

I am 50, my wife is 32, my kids are 13,9,2. We all think Beetlejuice is funny and entertaining.

Yes, Rick and Morty is a great theme for pinball, but a few (very few) older themes are great as well. And Beetlejuice is one of the best.

#41 4 years ago

For the 167th time; I love this theme but Its probably very far off from being made, if ever.

#42 4 years ago

i do like beatlejuice the movie, always have. just saying, not a fan of the nostalgic themes for the most part. better with the new stuff more popular today. ok, heavy metal the magazine is better than the old movie.

i wonder if they will make "fear the walking dead" pinball?

#43 4 years ago

Just to add... Iron Maiden (the band) was huge when I was a teen. There is nostalgia. I don't want to own it.

If it were "Archer", it would be in the house right now.

Archer is funny as shit.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

The musical is awesome. Really re-invigorated my interest in the franchise.

Never said it wasn't, but the pin should have been the Who.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

I am 50, my wife is 32

did-you-ever-know-that-youre-my-hero-com-17628030.pngdid-you-ever-know-that-youre-my-hero-com-17628030.png

#46 4 years ago

MAKE IT HAPPEN! Ill be first in line. Much prefer JJP or Spooky to make my dream theme though.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

[quoted image]

Lol I did the same thing. " wait... hes 50. Shes 32... child is 13. This man potentially knocked up his 19 year old wife when he was 37."

Impressive

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

Lol I did the same thing. " wait... hes 50. Shes 32... child is 13. This man potentially knocked up his 19 year old wife when he was 37."
    Impressive

The two oldest kids are step children. The two year old is ours together.

So I knocked up my 29 year old wife when I was 48. Kind of a Beetlejuice and Lydia situation lol.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

The two oldest kids are step children. The two year old is ours together.
    So I knocked up my 29 year old wife when I was 48. Kind of a Beetlejuice and Lydia situation lol.

Creepy!

QSS

#50 4 years ago

The Beetlejuice musical is having problems. Despite turning things around and being a commercial success, the theater used their out due to the early poor numbers and is replacing it with a Hugh Jackman led product this summer. They are trying to get it into a new theater but who knows. Sophia Ann Curiso, who is the best young singer I’ve ever seen, left to pursue some television gig and her understudy is also leaving at the end of this month.

The male lead Alex Brightman is still there, and he’s amazing. I encourage anyone who hasn’t seen it yet but may be near Manhattan to go see it before it’s gone. Best broadway play I’ve seen.

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beetlejuice-is-coming-sooner-rather-than-later?hl=halfwasted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.