(Topic ID: 230367)

Beer, recent trends, and other crap we put in our mouths...

By Bublehead

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

beer (resized).jpg
    beer-530596_5eb87_hd (resized).jpeg
    download (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bublehead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Ok, so I have got a selection of about 20 boutique micro brew beers that my sister in law gave me for xmas... I have opened and tasted 4 of them, and I have to say, the trend towards spiced beers, especially the winter and xmas brews, tends to make me turn the bottle up in the sink drain and let it go where it belongs WITHOUT going through my gut first.

Anyone else think the added “taste” enhancements these days tend to suck? And don’t get me started on the IPA trend... I thought we were fighting “bitter beer face” not embracing it. Now there will be those who say gee, BH, you must like Bud light and Miller Lite, and those other crappy canoe beers out there and I would say fuck that, what ever happened to good ales, porters, and stouts?

Sam Smith’s Outmeal Stout is a beer I could drink forever, but a man needs a Guinness once and a while.

Anyone else on here like chocolatety, malty, starts sweet, ends bitter, but with nice dark beer overtones brews? Because you can take all your IPAs and pour em down the proverbial sink as far as I am concerned, along with ginger, cinnamon, this root and that herb additives that ruin most winter beers.

Just my two cents...
    BH

#8 5 years ago

I have this Cider Donut Hard cider... I’m thinking, this might be ok, right? It’s a hard cider for chistsake... I look at the can after the first sip... “blended with brown sugar and spices”. Sweet Jesus this shit is the worst... tastes like someone shoved a chocolate chip cookie up an apples ass and squoze the shit out of it, let the sad juice ferment in a toilet, then canned it in a pint can... Artisan is not a word to be used with beer... beer should be brewed to drink a lot of, not sip it like a fine whiskey. Porters drank a lot of beer when they worked, it’s why we call them porters... one does not drink fru fru beer while doing a back breaking job like playing pinball. Someone pass me a Guinness please...

#13 5 years ago

@thelaw, If you read my first post, you would know these were “gifts” given to me for xmas, not something I bought myself... don’t open your mouth without reading a little bit first, how about it? Do you think I buy fru fru beer on purpose?!?

#17 5 years ago

@thelaw, ahhh... my mistake, now I get you. No I do not like green eggs and ham... but I am used to hard cider from the UK... where it was... well, cider, and hard. Not “spiced donut flavored” (even the thought brings back the wretch from my first sip of this swill)

#20 5 years ago

Bear and Skiff 1911 Established Cider Donut, Premium Small Batch Hard Cider... made in NY by an apple farm.

Pictures on can show a spiced donut.

Avoid at all costs....

#29 5 years ago

Got a few pints of Sam Smith’s Oatmeal Stout... going to be a great date night...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bublehead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beer-recent-trends-and-other-crap-we-put-in-our-mouths?tu=bublehead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.