Topic Stats

• 298 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 73 days ago by pinballinreno
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 62 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20170713_170334 (resized).jpg
IMG_0879 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
beer is answer 3 (resized).jpg
beer is answer 2 (resized).jpg
Mikes 6 (resized).png
IMG_20170523_101759 (resized).jpg
IMG_9394 (resized).JPG
IMG_9395 (resized).JPG
2017-05-16 19.27.32 (resized).jpg
2017-05-16 18.48.51 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
20170515_174028 (resized).jpg
IMG_0712 (resized).JPG
IMG_9304 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

No longer offered

#2 3 years ago

Ok a bit off in the communications department, they were thinking that I wanted the cartoon portion included also....if I can get at least 10 orders price is closer to $115 shipped. These will be a bit smaller 11x14, edited original post to reflect these changes.

#3 3 years ago

Here is the picture of the BBB Sign I had them make so you can see the quality of their work. Colors are much more vibrant then captured on camera.

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

#6 3 years ago

Real glass neon. Ok we are up to four so far...6 more to go.

#9 3 years ago

Alright we are halfway there...we are at five, I found the original thread that people expressed interest in and had sent out a few pm's. Hiltion at five I will get these made by organizing it, but they might be $10 more is all if I don't get to ten but either way I will make these happen now. I am going to give it a few more days and then ask everyone to pm me their PayPal email address and forward them to the manufacturer so he can just send a PayPal invoice to all that have expressed interest. I figure this is the easiest way to communicate everyone's shipping address and keep things straight.

#11 3 years ago

No it is not GU. I had him price quote me for the BBB sign and he quoted like $399 or $499 can't remember exactly how much. I figured he didn't want to do it so I didn't follow up with him.

#12 3 years ago

Also I will add that there will be a mock up of the image shown of the neon before everyone sends payment...for reference this was the mock up I received for the BBB neon.

IMG_0359 (resized).PNG

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Whaaaaaaat....I got my custom color Recognizer from that guy for like 150 shipped, if it was even that much. That's crazy. Oh well. Anyways, looks similar style to what that guy does. Mine has been extremely reliable. It's real neon, it's just not huge thick tubing like oldschool neon.

Here is a copy of the email...I stand corrected he quoted $550, it might not have been him that replied though as the email says Scott from his eBay store. The email order is read starting from the bottom up.

Thanks for getting back to me, To expensive for me right now...thank you.

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 4, 2017, at 2:40 PM, Scott <neonsign.store@gmail.com> wrote:

The price will be $550.
Thanks!

Gu,
I would like to get a custom sign made of the logo attached below.

Thanks -Mike

#19 3 years ago

Ok we're at 7 now...looking good.

#20 3 years ago

Please pm me your PayPal email address for these and I will add a star by your name when I receive it. Thanks, Here is the list so far. One for myself too.

Neon list:

*1. Whysnow
*2. Pinballbeerguy
*3. Tacshose
*4. Kettchxxii
*5. Foo
6. Chahoua
*7. Dr-Willy
*8. Damon
*9. Boomer71
*10. Jeffzee

#22 3 years ago

Alright cool these will be $115 then as that is ten people (including myself). I am having the preview art made up which will probably take a few days. In the meantime it should give others the weekend to see this thread and decide if they want in.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Whaaaaaaat....I got my custom color Recognizer from that guy for like 150 shipped, if it was even that much. That's crazy. Oh well. Anyways, looks similar style to what that guy does. Mine has been extremely reliable. It's real neon, it's just not huge thick tubing like oldschool neon.

Do you have a picture of your neon? Tried to find it in the glow thread but alas no picture.

#24 3 years ago

Saturday bump

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

Okay, I'm in.
But what's the policy on replacing shipping damage? I bought a few neons from that Chinese guy (name starts with an A) on eBay and he was super cool on sending replacements. One time it took three tries to get one that wasn't broke.

I am just organizing this to get a lower price and help my pinball karma a bit. I saw there was interest on another thread and I really dig neon so I thought I would put the deal together and figure out the logistics for free.

Anyways although this is not through eBay it is through PayPal so there is that protection if their is a problem. I will say my BBB neon was packed very well in a styrofoam box (very strong) with foam surrounding all of the sign and pieces of foam packed between the glass tubes. He has 726 feedback with a 99.4% rating and of the three negatives in the last 12 months only one was received broken. The other two was a complaint about copyright infringement and the other was the sign was smaller then advertised. One neutral rating about size difference.

It is my opinion that they will make sure everyone is 100% satisfied, if not I guess the worse case is you have to open up a dispute with PayPal and get a chargeback going. I will include a photo of the packaging mine arrived in.

Here is there warranty posted on their eBay auctions below:

Warranty & Return
All products are double-checked before shipment, will use safe material to protect the sign in the overseas shipping.
If broken in shipment(about 3% damage rate), pls contact us FIRST, DO NOT open a return request.
If you still need the sign, usually the new replacement parts (e.g. neon tubes) will be shipped for free.
We will also send you the instructions to known how to replace the broken glass tube, most of the buyers will solve this easily.

If you do not like the sign received or want to RETURN the sign, pls contact us, DO NOT open a return request.
We will PAY for the return shipping fees, you will never loss any money for such transactions with us.

Full refund can be applied if not satisfied with the sign from us, also comes with 365 days warranty.
Feel free to send us a e-mail any time with questions or concerns, we will reply 1 work day!

image (resized).jpg

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Sputnik:

I would like to have one. I don't do pay pal. Will a U.S. Postal money order work for you? Pm and address to me and I mail it out Monday.
Thank you. Sputnik

Sorry only payments through PayPal with or without an account, meaning you don't have to open a PayPal account to make the payment via CC.

Like I said I am only providing the logistics for this and have nothing to do with the processing of the funds. The manufacturer only accepts PayPal payments.

#32 3 years ago

Just a heads up, I am going to close the list off at 15 orders. If all goes smooth like I predict. I will probably do it again. Thanks all!

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Tempted. Waiting for the mockup. Then maybe if I've had a few beers I'll pull the trigger.

Beer is the answer

#37 3 years ago

I should have the mock up on Wednesday to post for the sign. So everything is in the works and we are all in the process of getting these made. I paid a small fee for the mock up to be made and guaranteed 5 sales within two days of my approval of the mock up for the price. They just wanted to make sure that they would get at least 5 sales at the price quoted. No worries if I end up buying 5 of these myself I will just drag them to pin a go go and sale them there That being said if everything goes as planned and the design looks good...which I believe it will be just fine then you guys (ladies) should have a PayPal request midweek. I would suspect signs will arrive 2-3 1/2 weeks after payment is made...he is express shipping them.

#39 3 years ago

Just a quick update on the mock up...I paid for the mock up on Saturday and he had stated five days so I should get this today or tomorrow to post for all to see, I misspoke stating Wednesday.

#42 3 years ago

Ok I guess I will raise the cut off to 20 still seems manageable

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

i hope you are at least getting yours for free for the effort

Thanks, I think it is a possibility if all these people follow through with a order but really for $115 it's no big deal. I just think it's cool to promote neon and when I read about the demand on your thread I figured why not. It was easy to get my other sign made and I was really impressed with how it turned out. I figure I can give back to the Pinside community a little and help out my pinball karma in the process.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

very cool of you.
coincidentally, my "Madison Pinball" sign should be here in the next week or so.

Aww awesome, can't wait to see photos!

#47 3 years ago

still waiting on the mock up...I went and looked at my PayPal and last time I sent on Feb 6th and received the mock up on the 15th. I sent payment for this mock up on the 11th so I am thinking the 20th we should have it.

#49 3 years ago

Ok gang here is the mock up attached below, it is a go as far as I am concerned. I will wait till tonight to see feedback from you guys before I ask him to send PayPal requests now for the $115. Once I do If you could let me know via PM here when you send payment it would be greatly appreciated ( I guaranteed so many sales at this price within 2 days of my approval of the mock up).

IMG_0389 (resized).PNG

#51 3 years ago

Do we want it orange? If so I am sure it is no problem.

#52 3 years ago

I sent off a email asking.

#54 3 years ago

Yeah I tend to agree Whysnow We will shoot for more of an orange. I emailed asking him and I believe it will not be a problem...Waiting on reply.

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

I prefer orange too. Also could the 'w' in Answer be made a single piece rather than four individual pieces? It just looks out of place with the other letters to me.

Quoted from luch:

orange and yes to the W being one stroke

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Looks good to me. Orange is fine, W is fine with me either way.

Ok asked about the W to see if it is possible...Waiting on reply.

#69 3 years ago

Ok the W is being reworked to be one piece...Waiting for mock up.

Everyone wants orange but he says that there is no orange neon. I am thinking that there is but he is unable to do it possibly? There is a bit of a language barrier here. So I am going to try and communicate this out and see as we are waiting for the new mock up. He did say there is light red so I am unsure if he means orange.

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thanks guys. I have been wanting my own custom neon for a while now. With our new location right on a main street with tons of traffic, it was finally time to bite the bullet.
I got a bunch of different quotes ranging form 250 up to 1800. I went with the $400 version. It came packed VERY well, is super bright, and good clean glass bends. The tubing is slightly smaller than the old style signs I see in bars, but I dont think that matters. It looks pretty damn cool. Hoping it is worth the $$$ in helping people see that pinball is alive and well in Madison
Worst case it will come home to decorate my personal collection in the future.
It is BIG. almost 36 inches wide.

That sign turned out awesome!

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Just saw this, kinda like it... how longs the cord?

Well on the one I had made the cord is 3 1/2 feet long with a on off switch.

image (resized).jpg

#77 3 years ago

Ok here are the color choices...finally cut through the communication. Now which orange do we want? The left shows the neon off the right is on. There are three orange in my opinion do we want the bright one next to the yellow or the middle orange just to the right of it? Or the dull orange.

CatchFC93 (resized).jpg

#78 3 years ago

My vote is the bright orange just to the right of the yellow

#90 3 years ago

Ok 4th from the right it is

orange (resized).jpg

#92 3 years ago

Still working on the W...got a graphic back but it is not right. So I sent back a picture like this...to see if it is possible.

BeeR (resized).png

#96 3 years ago

Here we go, look good to you? To me it looks great so without any objections I will get the ball rolling tomorrow and forward your PayPal addresses to him.

IMG_0401 (resized).PNG

#103 3 years ago

Ok gang I sent off everyone's PayPal to be invoiced that I have listed on the first post and approved the last mock up. You should receive a payment request for $115 within 24 hours (I believe it will be under the name Long Yi), If you could do me a favor and let me know via PM when you have completed payment that would be awesome. If you said you were in and don't wish to go through with your order, that is perfectly fine and not a big deal, but if you could let me know that would be great as I could add others that were interested.
For those that have PM'd me about wanting to get on board now I will answer you in a few days. I need to talk to the manufacturer and set up another list as to not get this to confusing and to make sure all goes smoothly with this first order...thanks for understanding. If you just saw the final mock up and are interested please pm me that you are interested to get on the second list and include your PayPal email where you would like to be billed.
Thanks!

Added over 3 years ago: The billing will be under the name li zexin.

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from luch:

so am I in on this order ?

You will be in the next order

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

i have not gotten any paypal invoice yet.
just keeping you posted.

He is in China now and it is early morning there now so he is probably just waking up. Invoices should go out sometime tonight.

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Final version looks nice. I'm in. If you're taking more orders PM me.

See post 103 second paragraph

#115 3 years ago

Ok, just talked to the manufacturer and you guys should have your invoices soon.

#119 3 years ago

Everyone should have an invoice now. If you could pm me when you complete payment that would be fantastic!

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

Note:
The invoice will be from "li zexin".
I though it was spam until I read this thread and looked in my trash.... whoops!

Thanks for that info.

#123 3 years ago

Last call all, this is no April fools joke, if you want a sign the time to tell me is now. PM me your PayPal email to get added. I am about to step away from this organization project so if you would like to get in on this I am going to forward the second list of emails Sunday April 2nd, 2017 at 8pm PST.

#126 3 years ago

Ok all addresses were sent off....wow 30 signs total! Well 31 including mine. This was a bigger task then I thought! The manufacturer said that these should start shipping in the next 3-4 days expedited shipping. The list is now closed ladies and gentlemen.

#128 3 years ago

All invoices are sent now. Thanks for all that have PM'd me letting you know you paid and doing it so quickly, helps keep this organized.

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I am in if you do another order.

Quoted from Gryszzz:

Yeah I thought this thread was about a TSPP mod....doh. Very cool, would be in if you get more.

I will let you both know if I do.

#135 3 years ago

Ok most have paid for the signs and have let me know, thank you for that. I have tracking numbers sent to me and am hoping that tracking was provided to each of you by the manufacturer. If not you can PM me either your name, shipping address, as the numbers I have are only linked to that info...i.e. Your name here or email isn't linked.

The tracking numbers will be activated as they are shipped. I.e. There is nothing yet. Thanks

#136 3 years ago

9 of the 29 paid orders have PM'd me for tracking, just bumping if your one of the other 20 that need it.

#142 3 years ago

Just wanted to post that for those I contacted (7 of you) thanks so much for giving me the info requested, I will get it sorted out and I am sure all will work out.

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

Damn. Missed this. I'd be in if someone backs out or you place another order.

This might happen but I let this list get to big and it has caused some confusion...should have listened to my extinct and kept the numbers to 15...you live you learn. If I do I will send you a pm.

#144 3 years ago

Looks like mine (maybe all?) were accepted in China today. The journey begins, safe travels!

Good to hear!

#145 3 years ago

Looks like mine (maybe all?) were accepted in China today. The journey begins, safe travels!

21 of the 30 ordered are in route....I don't have tracking on 9 of them yet.

#146 3 years ago

Here is the email I just received for the 9 I don't have tracking for this includes the 7 I PM'd you about. Just want to post so you know it will get worked out.

Dear Mike,
I just downloaded the orders again, I will update you all the other orders soon, and the tracking numbers as well.
Thank you again for your patience.

Warm regards

#147 3 years ago

I now have everyone's orders straight and have all the tracking info.

#148 3 years ago

I have PM'd all the tracking numbers out for all 30 orders! Yeah! Sorry to the seven Pinsiders that had to deal with the mix up, communication and keeping this organized is a bit of a challenge but all is well now. 21 of the tracking numbers are live and the neons have been shipped. The other 9 Will most likely be trackable within 5 business days.

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

super excited to get this!!!
thanks for all the work!!!

Awesome I am stoked that people are excited, makes it worth it to me!

#154 3 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Wow.. Got my tracking a couple of days ago and this showed up today.... from China!
They packed the hell out of it too! I was removing foam for about 30min.
Super nice! Thanks for making these

That looks awesome!

#177 3 years ago
Quoted from colorado_cabrio:

Got mine today; but it's got a break

No worries we will get this taken care of, he expects a small percentage of breakage. Just the nature of the beast.

#179 3 years ago

Some people are asking where's my sign, just know that these were sent off in different batches. The first batch are the ones that have arrived, the next batch was sent 5 days later. There are 5 batches total. From what I can gather tracking numbers go live and they arrive within three or four days.

#182 3 years ago
Quoted from Boomer71:

Got mine today. Mine is broken also.

Quoted from tacshose:

Got mine today, same thing, broken. Darn

These will be taken care of and replacement glass will be sent out. Sorry for the inconvenience and I hope no other signs arrive broken. I am quite surprised as what I have seen they are packed with tons of foam. I am also quite bummed that 3 have arrived broken.

Replacing the glass instructions attached here I have been assured that it is not hard and just takes a small amount of time:

How to replace and install the new neon tube.pdf

#186 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Would someone mind posting their tracking history? Mine looks like this which seems weird to me.
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.
April 15, 2017, 9:42 pm Processed Through Facility GUANGZHOU EMS, CHINA
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
April 11, 2017, 9:59 pm Processed Through Facility GUANGZHOU EMS, CHINA

That is how it should look..I PM'd you another tracking number processed, removed the last part that includes the address for privacy sake.

#189 3 years ago

Does anybody have a clip of the Simpson's episode this is from? I could only find the still image linked in the first post.

I was unable to watch the episode yet but want to also. Season 3 EP 19 Dog of Death.

7. Beer is the Answer Neon Sign: Speaking of Moe, he seems to have the answer to everything, and according to this neon sign perched behind his bar, the answer is beer. Ah yes, the cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems. Seen in season 3, Moe responds to a “lottery fever” T.V. commercial by clicking on this sign after proclaiming the tottery to be the “exploiter of the poor and ignorant.” Touché Moe, touché

This was pulled from this site:

https://www.google.com/search?sclient=tablet-gws&site=&source=hp&q=beer+is+the+answer+neon+sign+episode&oq=beer+is+the+answer+neon+sign+episode&gs_l=tablet-gws.3...2043.12715.0.13402.37.37.0.0.0.0.260.4741.0j35j1.36.0....0...1.1.64.tablet-gws..1.29.3827.0..0j35i39k1j0i131k1j0i20k1j0i22i30k1.rNbqPh14mdA

#196 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I got a neon probably from the same guy. After you turn it on in the box, with the foam for about 2-3 minutes (maybe to show your family), pull it out of the Styrofoam box and try to put all the foam back in. Some of it pops back out from static charges.

Yes, my kids were laughing and playing with it after I did that. Care to share a picture of your sign?

#198 3 years ago

Thank you for sharing that's a very cool neon! Do you mind saying what it cost? Never mind saw it on Amazon.

#200 3 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Mine showed up today. Glad it made it unscathed. Mike, thanks so much for organizing this!!

Your welcome, I am glad too that it made it safe and sound! Hmm I checked the tracking and it had said status not available this morning...and says the same now. Can you see a tracking number on the package? Curious if it was just sent to me wrong.

#205 3 years ago
Quoted from FreeBee:

Yeah, look what came in at work yesterday.

Totally didn't figure it was coming in, as the tracking has never worked. Oh well. Looks like it is all in one piece as well. I'm glad!

Will have to see whether or not it works when I get home. One thing I forgot to ask/mention: what are the power requirements of the neon transformer? As my location iss in europe, does it operate on 230VAC as well?

This has come up and here is the answer,

Dear Mike,
It is the general-purpose branded transformer, the signs works in 110V-240v , please don't worry about it .
Our company has been in this line over than 10 years, many signs ship to European countries every year.
but the buyer has to use a adaptor.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, we will always glad to serve you.

#206 3 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Using the tracking number you provided me Mike, (EA900097715CN) and using the Canada Post website, https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/track/personal/findByTrackNumber?execution=e1s1, you'll see the tracking is up to date there.

Doh! I didn't try to track it on the Canadian post side of things...thanks

#208 3 years ago
Quoted from FreeBee:

Thanks! That clear it up. Kind of expected this, but the adapter is no problem. I probably have one lying around. Just glad it came over in one piece.

Awesome! Can't wait to see yours glowing!

#210 3 years ago
Quoted from FreeBee:

Only half a glow though

Seems the bottom half of the large rim broke, found it while unpacking.

Crud, sending off an email to get that fixed.

#213 3 years ago
Quoted from FreeBee:

Well, at least you won't hear anyone complaining is isn't properly packed. That and the speed of shipment was super!
Besides, I've looked at how one would replace the glass element, it's REALLY easy. For other shipment victims wondering, just gently pop off the black cap at the end, and you can remove the wire from the glass electrodes, then twist it around the new electrode and pop the rubber back on. Anyone can do that without any tools required.

Yeah it isn't hard to change out, but man that's four out of 30 so far, I thought maybe one or two would break. Well at least 14 others have made it safe.

#215 3 years ago

I have noticed that some others have received their sign, if you could either post or pm me that it arrived safely it would help me in keeping this organized....thanks!

#216 3 years ago

Sent an email out this morning on the last 8, (2 of them mine), signs asking the status...also the status on the broken glass replacement parts. Last week the manufacturer told me that they had to order more of the orange neon glass to wrap these up. We'll update when I get a response. -Mike

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I think mine might be lost in transit, but am still holding out it will show up.

Sent an email to manufacturer to see if he can ask the shipper about yours. I suspect you are right though and the shipper has misplaced it.

#219 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Sent an email out this morning on the last 8, (2 of them mine), signs asking the status...also the status on the broken glass replacement parts. Last week the manufacturer told me that they had to order more of the orange neon glass to wrap these up. We'll update when I get a response. -Mike

6 of the 8 tracking numbers are live...will report back to the two that are not live when the manufacturer gives me a response. Thank you all for your patience, sorry it looks like it is going to be a little longer then my projected 3 1/2 weeks projection to receive your sign from the time you paid, that I had posted...we aren't over that deadline yet though.

#221 3 years ago

Updated post number 1 to include the second run list. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beer-is-the-answer-neon-interest-check#post-3641463

Ok for anyone else that has asked to order a sign, I am going to order another run of them once this first order gets completed. I don't want to send the manufacturer anything more to the first run is straightened out and complete. The price for this run will be slightly higher at $140, a donation will be made to Pinside for each sign of this run ($5). This is limited to ten spots of which four are already claimed. After these ten orders are fulfilled I might do another run but might not depending so this could be the last chance. If you are interested, send me your PayPal email, name and address. Thanks -Mike

#222 3 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Don't worry about the time it takes. In pinball terms this is lightspeed. Try ordering a DI or an Alien or a TBL
Btw, my tracking is not live yet ?

Yes unfortunately you are one of the two...will keep you updated when I hear back.

#224 3 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Another satisfied customer here! My Simpson's had been jealous of Ghostbusters and it's neon.

Looks awesome!

#228 3 years ago

Wow only one more spot on the second run.

#229 3 years ago

PayPal requests were sent out just now for the second run.

#232 3 years ago
Quoted from Twilliams:

Still waiting... tracking does seem to know that a package was shipped from China now.

Just checked it, it is working for me and it is in NY Currently. Sent you a PM showing you a picture of the current tracking status.

#233 3 years ago

Ok there is one spot left if you want in on the second run...just waiting for 4 more payments then I am going to send the order off, so if you want in here is your chance.

#235 3 years ago

2nd run list is now closed.

#240 3 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Mine is going to end up being shipped back to China. How is anyone home during the day to sign for this damn thing!?

You can pick it up at the post office..you can indicate that on the slip they drop off.

#244 3 years ago

I want to clarify that although I did the first run of the BeeR is the ANSWER signs for pinball karma so to speak, I will make a small profit on each of these signs sold in the second run, not much but some to offset the time involved. The price difference was due to the donation to Pinside, increase in manufacturer costs to cover breakage, and my time. There is a lot of time involved in pulling this off that I originally didn't plan for with the first run, in part to increasing the order size to 30 signs. There will also be a $5 donation for each sign sold to Pinside.

If anyone in the second run feels they do not agree with this please let me know and I will cancel your order and issue a full refund. Thanks -Mike

#247 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

You have no problem from me with this. You were up front with how much the price is, that's all that matters. I just hope that when mine arrives, it is not broken. Hopefully that has been addressed. Any idea when the signs may be shipped?

I know that the manufacturer was surprised at how many signs did break in shipping. He talked to the carrier about it and is doing his best to ensure that the signs arrive intact by paying special attention to the preparation for shipping. They sale a lot of signs and he said this particular sign had an unusually high breakage in comparison to others.

I will know more when the signs will begin to be shipped within a few days from today. These signs are made to order so they ship out as they are made.

#248 3 years ago

Tracking numbers for the second run were sent out, Please allow a week for these to start going live and you can track them on USPS or Canadian post. They will go live as they are made and shipped. Thanks -Mike

#249 3 years ago

Yeah I received my sign today...love the color which you can get a better idea by looking at the surrounding styrofoam in the picture! Woo hoo!

IMG_0556 (resized).JPG

#252 3 years ago

Every tracking number is live now for the second run and your sign is on the way! Here is to safe travels. -Mike

#255 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphod:

Just amazing!!!
THANKS Mike!
#24 of round one is whole.
My frame piece came snapped by the A. Sent Mike a photo and on May 10 at 7PM the replacement piece was shipped. It arrived today, the 13th at 11AM in Maine. Should have had a take out meal included - it would still be hot.
The swap out was easy peasy. The maker sent two of the replacement parts. impressive!!!
Could not be more pleased with every step.

Awesome looks great!

#259 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

Mine showed up today also. Looks fabulaasss! Thx again Mike!

Quoted from penguin22:

Got mine today too- working awesome and looks great- couldn't believe how fast shipping went, thanks again for doing this for all of us

Awesome! Enjoy

#262 3 years ago
Quoted from FreeBee:

Heck yes! I'm in the neon club as well.
Received my second replacement glass today and slapped it on. Works like a charm now. Looks amazing and gives out lots of light.
I almost lost my shit because a colleague was throwing the box around. ""haha it's so light!"
Lots of respect for Pinballlew and the neon company for sticking with me. Awesome work.

Awesome brother, looks great! -Mike

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Hey Mike,
Let me know if you need any info to get a replacement glass out to me - thanks!

PM sent

#265 3 years ago

3rd run interest list is open. PM me if you would like to get in on this order. Please include your name, shipping address and PayPal billing email. I will put your name on the first post in this thread. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I will probably not respond as BeeR is the ANSWER and I imagine I will be throwing back quite a few at PAGG and having a good time. I plan on requesting payments after PAGG Tuesday, $140, with payment being due on Thursday at 3pm PST. This will most likely be the last run of these BeeR signs for awhile as I feel most that want them have probably ordered them already. If this is the case I might just scrap the 3rd run altogether.

#269 3 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

I'm probably the last person from the 1st group to get theirs up and running. Good thing they sent 2 pieces because even one of those was broken. Yikes. Do you think I can adjust the "The" piece so it's level? But at least it's up!

Sent a PM on adjusting the crooked IS THE portion.

#270 3 years ago
Quoted from Boomer71:

I am in the first group run also and waiting for my replacement as well. You may be able to GENTLY rotate the stand up legs that the glass sits in to straighten it out. Be careful.

Those legs are adjustable but you have to loosen the Phillips head screw and nut first.

#271 3 years ago

I posted this in the BBB Neon thread and wanted to say this here also.

Thank you to everyone that has posted their pictures of the signs! A lot of logistics and a lot of time is required to pull this off. It really makes this endeavor worthwhile to see people happy with their new neon!

Sorry to all those that it has taken or is taking to get your signs 100% from the first run. Unfortunately there was a bit of a learning curve on the best way to do this. Fortunately I have it figured out now and there is now a much quicker way to process everything which is evident on the second run of the BeeR signs and the first, second run of the BBB signs.

I hope you all enjoy the glow!

#273 3 years ago

LAST CALL FOR ALCOHOL! Ok gang going to close this down today at three and get these orders out, so far only two people ordered so I think everyone that wants one has ordered.

#274 3 years ago

The last BeeR signs should be made Monday as the manufacturer had to order more orange neon tubing.

1 week later
#276 3 years ago

I have received several PM's about doing another "BeeR is the ANSWER" Neon sign run. Future orders of these signs would have a two piece outer ring that is represented in this graphic. Please see the first post in this thread if interested. Thanks -Pinballlew

Mikes 6 (resized).png

#278 2 years ago
#280 2 years ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

Love my beer sign, really ties the room together. Thanks Mike!

Looks great!

#281 2 years ago

These signs will no longer be offered. Thanks everyone.

#283 2 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Thanks for taking the time to coordinate it all. Mine is a huge hit among myself but also everyone that comes over!

Awesome! I am very glad that you are enjoying it! That was the whole point in organizing these, to share the love and brighten gamerooms. I love mine as well, I am a huge neon junkie.

#284 2 years ago

This adventure has been about supplying a product for your gameroom for the fun of it. I love Neon and wanted to share something for your game room/garage area.

I am unsure if selling the BeeR neon signs infringe on the Simpsons rights. I really don’t know to be honest but I am not willing to take a chance for something that really is not worth it. I am not on here to get in a cross with anyone or involve my family in a legal battle. I have an original sign that I designed for myself coming and think would look great in a gameroom being sent to me now. I will make it available if there is demand.

Maybe someone in the Trademark/Copyright field can chime in here. Would the BeeR sign be infringing on anyones rights? I was going to offer up a Star Wars related sign but unsure if that is legal or not so unless I learn that it is ok I won't be pursuing it besides the one I had made for my personal use.

So to everyone enjoy your LE BeeR is the ANSWER neon sign -Lew

3 weeks later
#286 2 years ago

Thought I would share. My USE THE FORCE sign. Pictures don't show the colors to well.

IMG_0878 (resized).JPG

IMG_0881 (resized).JPG

IMG_0879 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#294 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Good to see! Mind me asking what neon they used on these?

I am assuming you meant transformer.

brand is hongba

HB-C02TE

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suamico, WI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mineola, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside