IMG_9394 (resized).JPG
IMG_9395 (resized).JPG
2017-05-16 19.27.32 (resized).jpg
2017-05-16 18.48.51 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
20170515_174028 (resized).jpg
IMG_0712 (resized).JPG
IMG_9304 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mesz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#243 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Has anybody ever had only half of the sign turn on when you initially power it up? Happens to me sometimes and usually if I just switch it back off and on it works great. I am wondering if this is an issue with the sign, or due to how I power it up concurrently with multiple games on the same switch.

Could be as simple as taking the electrode boots off and seeing if the leads have a lot of paint on them, If there is then its not making a good connection! Take the boots off and just by using your fingernails strip the paint off the leads!

If that doesn't work then it is a little more of an issue like either a bad tube or power supply! You have to keep in mind these signs are cheaper in price due to the fact that they're made using cheaper products (neon tube is smaller, power supplies are cheaper and not UL approved). Not knocking the signs as they're cost effective but just don't expect to get the use out of them that you would a "commercial" neon sign!

3 months later
#291 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

But indications are that since the wires are twisted on, they should touch and make contact even if just barely.

Not necessarily as when neon tubes are dipped in the paint so are the wires. What can happen is...if the paint is thick on the wires than it wont make a good connection causing it not to light! Simply take the wires in between your finger nails and strip the paint off and twist back together!

But the question remains that if one needed a new mini transformer, where to get one? I imagine that the sign is warranted?

All depends on what size power supply was used buy you can find them on eBay, Amazon and even neon supply places online! Problem is .... you'll probably pay at least $50 for a new one unless you go with a used one off eBay!

As for warranty...... lol you're buying a sign from a guy in China that is making knock off signs! You can try and contact him to see if he's willing to send you a new power supply. Some of these guys will do it but most wont!

I don't mean to knock these signs as they turned out nice but everyone has to keep in mind that these signs are made of a smaller (cheaper) neon tubing and have a cheap power supply on them thus the reason you get them at a cheaper price! If you get more than 5 years out of them consider yourself lucky! If you do get more than 5 years you're probably not turning them on that often!

#293 6 years ago

I got it working! I ordered the replacement transformer from ebay $18.00 free shipping.
Its an exact replacement and works perfectly.
Thanks all!

Good to see! Mind me asking what neon they used on these?

#295 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I am assuming you meant transformer.
brand is hongba
HB-C02TE

yeah, apologies and thanks! Actually see them on Amazon Prime for 18.99 for future reference if anyone would need one!

https://www.amazon.com/HB-C02TE-Supply-Electronic-Transformer-Protective/dp/B073TKVZ5X

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 209.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 174.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 16.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mesz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beer-is-the-answer-neon-interest-check?tu=mesz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.