Topic Stats

• 298 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by pinballinreno
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 62 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20170713_170334 (resized).jpg
IMG_0879 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
beer is answer 3 (resized).jpg
beer is answer 2 (resized).jpg
Mikes 6 (resized).png
IMG_20170523_101759 (resized).jpg
IMG_9394 (resized).JPG
IMG_9395 (resized).JPG
2017-05-16 19.27.32 (resized).jpg
2017-05-16 18.48.51 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
20170515_174028 (resized).jpg
IMG_0712 (resized).JPG
IMG_9304 (resized).JPG

There are 298 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 2 years ago

USPS finally delivered mine. But of course.. it was broken. What's the process to get another one? PM me please.

IMG_9304 (resized).JPG

#252 2 years ago

Every tracking number is live now for the second run and your sign is on the way! Here is to safe travels. -Mike

#253 2 years ago

Let's hope they make it!

#254 2 years ago

Just amazing!!!
THANKS Mike!
#24 of round one is whole.

My frame piece came snapped by the A. Sent Mike a photo and on May 10 at 7PM the replacement piece was shipped. It arrived today, the 13th at 11AM in Maine. Should have had a take out meal included - it would still be hot.

The swap out was easy peasy. The maker sent two of the replacement parts. impressive!!!

Could not be more pleased with every step.

IMG_0712 (resized).JPG

#255 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphod:

Just amazing!!!
THANKS Mike!
#24 of round one is whole.
My frame piece came snapped by the A. Sent Mike a photo and on May 10 at 7PM the replacement piece was shipped. It arrived today, the 13th at 11AM in Maine. Should have had a take out meal included - it would still be hot.
The swap out was easy peasy. The maker sent two of the replacement parts. impressive!!!
Could not be more pleased with every step.

Awesome looks great!

#256 2 years ago

Very quick shipping but unfortunately also received a broken one. Sending a pm about the replacement process...

20170515_174028 (resized).jpg

#257 2 years ago

Mine showed up today also. Looks fabulaasss! Thx again Mike!

#258 2 years ago

Got mine today too- working awesome and looks great- couldn't believe how fast shipping went, thanks again for doing this for all of us

#259 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

Mine showed up today also. Looks fabulaasss! Thx again Mike!

Quoted from penguin22:

Got mine today too- working awesome and looks great- couldn't believe how fast shipping went, thanks again for doing this for all of us

Awesome! Enjoy

#260 2 years ago

Just unpacked mine, it arrived unscathed and looks great. Much oranger than the photo shows.

image (resized).jpeg

#261 2 years ago

Heck yes! I'm in the neon club as well.

Received my second replacement glass today and slapped it on. Works like a charm now. Looks amazing and gives out lots of light.

I almost lost my shit because a colleague was throwing the box around. ""haha it's so light!"

Lots of respect for Pinballlew and the neon company for sticking with me. Awesome work.

2017-05-16 18.48.51 (resized).jpg
2017-05-16 19.27.32 (resized).jpg

#262 2 years ago
Quoted from FreeBee:

Heck yes! I'm in the neon club as well.
Received my second replacement glass today and slapped it on. Works like a charm now. Looks amazing and gives out lots of light.
I almost lost my shit because a colleague was throwing the box around. ""haha it's so light!"
Lots of respect for Pinballlew and the neon company for sticking with me. Awesome work.

Awesome brother, looks great! -Mike

#263 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Awesome brother, looks great! -Mike

Hey Mike,

Let me know if you need any info to get a replacement glass out to me - thanks!

#264 2 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Hey Mike,
Let me know if you need any info to get a replacement glass out to me - thanks!

PM sent

#265 2 years ago

3rd run interest list is open. PM me if you would like to get in on this order. Please include your name, shipping address and PayPal billing email. I will put your name on the first post in this thread. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I will probably not respond as BeeR is the ANSWER and I imagine I will be throwing back quite a few at PAGG and having a good time. I plan on requesting payments after PAGG Tuesday, $140, with payment being due on Thursday at 3pm PST. This will most likely be the last run of these BeeR signs for awhile as I feel most that want them have probably ordered them already. If this is the case I might just scrap the 3rd run altogether.

#266 2 years ago

I'm probably the last person from the 1st group to get theirs up and running. Good thing they sent 2 pieces because even one of those was broken. Yikes. Do you think I can adjust the "The" piece so it's level? But at least it's up!

IMG_9395 (resized).JPG
IMG_9394 (resized).JPG

#267 2 years ago

I am in the first group run also and waiting for my replacement as well. You may be able to GENTLY rotate the stand up legs that the glass sits in to straighten it out. Be careful.

#268 2 years ago

My sign arrived without any damage. It looks great. Well done Pinballew.

#269 2 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

I'm probably the last person from the 1st group to get theirs up and running. Good thing they sent 2 pieces because even one of those was broken. Yikes. Do you think I can adjust the "The" piece so it's level? But at least it's up!

Sent a PM on adjusting the crooked IS THE portion.

#270 2 years ago
Quoted from Boomer71:

I am in the first group run also and waiting for my replacement as well. You may be able to GENTLY rotate the stand up legs that the glass sits in to straighten it out. Be careful.

Those legs are adjustable but you have to loosen the Phillips head screw and nut first.

#271 2 years ago

I posted this in the BBB Neon thread and wanted to say this here also.

Thank you to everyone that has posted their pictures of the signs! A lot of logistics and a lot of time is required to pull this off. It really makes this endeavor worthwhile to see people happy with their new neon!

Sorry to all those that it has taken or is taking to get your signs 100% from the first run. Unfortunately there was a bit of a learning curve on the best way to do this. Fortunately I have it figured out now and there is now a much quicker way to process everything which is evident on the second run of the BeeR signs and the first, second run of the BBB signs.

I hope you all enjoy the glow!

#272 2 years ago

Got mine today.

IMG_20170523_101759 (resized).jpg

#273 2 years ago

LAST CALL FOR ALCOHOL! Ok gang going to close this down today at three and get these orders out, so far only two people ordered so I think everyone that wants one has ordered.

#274 2 years ago

The last BeeR signs should be made Monday as the manufacturer had to order more orange neon tubing.

#275 2 years ago

Missed out on this earlier.. if there is another run I'd like to get it on it.

#276 2 years ago

I have received several PM's about doing another "BeeR is the ANSWER" Neon sign run. Future orders of these signs would have a two piece outer ring that is represented in this graphic. Please see the first post in this thread if interested. Thanks -Pinballlew

Mikes 6 (resized).png

#277 2 years ago

So is this considered a 'remake' or a 'vault edition'?
BitA(r) BitA(VE)

Is my original one piece frame now a rare collectors piece?
Should I sell now? Will the value be rising as is original or falling due to oversupply?

Who knew man-cave accouterment investing could be so hard?

THANKS again for doing these! So freakin' cool!
-- Tom

#278 2 years ago
#279 2 years ago

Love my beer sign, really ties the room together. Thanks Mike!

beer is answer 2 (resized).jpg

beer is answer 3 (resized).jpg

#280 2 years ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

Love my beer sign, really ties the room together. Thanks Mike!

Looks great!

#281 2 years ago

These signs will no longer be offered. Thanks everyone.

#282 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

These signs will no longer be offered. Thanks everyone.

Thanks for taking the time to coordinate it all. Mine is a huge hit among myself but also everyone that comes over!

#283 2 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Thanks for taking the time to coordinate it all. Mine is a huge hit among myself but also everyone that comes over!

Awesome! I am very glad that you are enjoying it! That was the whole point in organizing these, to share the love and brighten gamerooms. I love mine as well, I am a huge neon junkie.

#284 2 years ago

This adventure has been about supplying a product for your gameroom for the fun of it. I love Neon and wanted to share something for your game room/garage area.

I am unsure if selling the BeeR neon signs infringe on the Simpsons rights. I really don’t know to be honest but I am not willing to take a chance for something that really is not worth it. I am not on here to get in a cross with anyone or involve my family in a legal battle. I have an original sign that I designed for myself coming and think would look great in a gameroom being sent to me now. I will make it available if there is demand.

Maybe someone in the Trademark/Copyright field can chime in here. Would the BeeR sign be infringing on anyones rights? I was going to offer up a Star Wars related sign but unsure if that is legal or not so unless I learn that it is ok I won't be pursuing it besides the one I had made for my personal use.

So to everyone enjoy your LE BeeR is the ANSWER neon sign -Lew

#285 2 years ago

You raise an interesting point. It is possible that all the Simpson signage and remarks are copyright able, I guess. I am really glad that I got mine. I am thinking that Nelson's rub it in your face sound is appropriate here.

3 weeks later
#286 2 years ago

Thought I would share. My USE THE FORCE sign. Pictures don't show the colors to well.

IMG_0878 (resized).JPG

IMG_0881 (resized).JPG

IMG_0879 (resized).JPG

#287 2 years ago

Finally opened mine... LOOKS AWESOME !!
Thanks again buddy!
20170713_170334 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#288 2 years ago

My BeeR stopped lighting !
I think my transformer may be out as it doesnt flicker or dimly light etc...
Where do I get a replacement for these tiny transformers?

#289 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

My BeeR stopped lighting !
I think my transformer may be out as it doesnt flicker or dimly light etc...
Where do I get a replacement for these tiny transformers?

Did you try sliding off the black cap and making sure all the wires were still connected?

#290 2 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Did you try sliding off the black cap and making sure all the wires were still connected?

I'll test it out later on.
But indications are that since the wires are twisted on, they should touch and make contact even if just barely.

But the question remains that if one needed a new mini transformer, where to get one? I imagine that the sign is warranted?

I will verify this and get back!

Thanks.

2 weeks later
#291 2 years ago

But indications are that since the wires are twisted on, they should touch and make contact even if just barely.

Not necessarily as when neon tubes are dipped in the paint so are the wires. What can happen is...if the paint is thick on the wires than it wont make a good connection causing it not to light! Simply take the wires in between your finger nails and strip the paint off and twist back together!

But the question remains that if one needed a new mini transformer, where to get one? I imagine that the sign is warranted?

All depends on what size power supply was used buy you can find them on eBay, Amazon and even neon supply places online! Problem is .... you'll probably pay at least $50 for a new one unless you go with a used one off eBay!

As for warranty...... lol you're buying a sign from a guy in China that is making knock off signs! You can try and contact him to see if he's willing to send you a new power supply. Some of these guys will do it but most wont!

I don't mean to knock these signs as they turned out nice but everyone has to keep in mind that these signs are made of a smaller (cheaper) neon tubing and have a cheap power supply on them thus the reason you get them at a cheaper price! If you get more than 5 years out of them consider yourself lucky! If you do get more than 5 years you're probably not turning them on that often!

#292 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Not necessarily as when neon tubes are dipped in the paint so are the wires. What can happen is...if the paint is thick on the wires than it wont make a good connection causing it not to light! Simply take the wires in between your finger nails and strip the paint off and twist back together!

All depends on what size power supply was used buy you can find them on eBay, Amazon and even neon supply places online! Problem is .... you'll probably pay at least $50 for a new one unless you go with a used one off eBay!
As for warranty...... lol you're buying a sign from a guy in China that is making knock off signs! You can try and contact him to see if he's willing to send you a new power supply. Some of these guys will do it but most wont!
I don't mean to knock these signs as they turned out nice but everyone has to keep in mind that these signs are made of a smaller (cheaper) neon tubing and have a cheap power supply on them thus the reason you get them at a cheaper price! If you get more than 5 years out of them consider yourself lucky! If you do get more than 5 years you're probably not turning them on that often!

I got it working! I ordered the replacement transformer from ebay $18.00 free shipping.
Its an exact replacement and works perfectly.

Thanks all!

#293 2 years ago

I got it working! I ordered the replacement transformer from ebay $18.00 free shipping.
Its an exact replacement and works perfectly.
Thanks all!

Good to see! Mind me asking what neon they used on these?

#294 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Good to see! Mind me asking what neon they used on these?

I am assuming you meant transformer.

brand is hongba

HB-C02TE

#295 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I am assuming you meant transformer.
brand is hongba
HB-C02TE

yeah, apologies and thanks! Actually see them on Amazon Prime for 18.99 for future reference if anyone would need one!

amazon.com link »

10 months later
#296 1 year ago

Just had a transformer die.

Cheap and easy fix:

HB-C02TE 3KV Power Supply for Glass Neon Sign Electronic Neon Light Transformer with Heat Shrink Protective Pipe amazon.com link »

Exact replacement, mine even came with shrink tubing.

#297 1 year ago

Damn. I need one of these..any for sale?

1 year later
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 298 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside