IMG_9394 (resized).JPG
IMG_9395 (resized).JPG
2017-05-16 19.27.32 (resized).jpg
2017-05-16 18.48.51 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
20170515_174028 (resized).jpg
IMG_0712 (resized).JPG
IMG_9304 (resized).JPG
There are 298 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 7 years ago

Got mine today. Turned out great. Thanks for putting this project together, Pinballlew.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#202 7 years ago

Yeah, look what came in at work yesterday.
2017-04-19 09.14.13 (resized).jpg2017-04-19 09.14.13 (resized).jpg

Totally didn't figure it was coming in, as the tracking has never worked. Oh well. Looks like it is all in one piece as well. I'm glad!
2017-04-19 09.19.08 (resized).jpg2017-04-19 09.19.08 (resized).jpg

Will have to see whether or not it works when I get home. One thing I forgot to ask/mention: what are the power requirements of the neon transformer? As my location iss in europe, does it operate on 230VAC as well?

#203 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Your welcome, I am glad too that it made it safe and sound! Hmm I checked the tracking and it had said status not available this morning...and says the same now. Can you see a tracking number on the package? Curious if it was just sent to me wrong.

Using the tracking number you provided me Mike, (EA900097715CN) and using the Canada Post website, https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/track/personal/findByTrackNumber?execution=e1s1, you'll see the tracking is up to date there.

light (resized).PNGlight (resized).PNG

#204 7 years ago

If more have to be made to cover the breaks or he still has an extra, I would be interested in one of these. If not, it is not the first boat I have missed. Thanks in advance.

#205 7 years ago
Quoted from FreeBee:

Yeah, look what came in at work yesterday.

Totally didn't figure it was coming in, as the tracking has never worked. Oh well. Looks like it is all in one piece as well. I'm glad!

Will have to see whether or not it works when I get home. One thing I forgot to ask/mention: what are the power requirements of the neon transformer? As my location iss in europe, does it operate on 230VAC as well?

This has come up and here is the answer,

Dear Mike,
It is the general-purpose branded transformer, the signs works in 110V-240v , please don't worry about it .
Our company has been in this line over than 10 years, many signs ship to European countries every year.
but the buyer has to use a adaptor.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, we will always glad to serve you.

#206 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Using the tracking number you provided me Mike, (EA900097715CN) and using the Canada Post website, https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/track/personal/findByTrackNumber?execution=e1s1, you'll see the tracking is up to date there.

Doh! I didn't try to track it on the Canadian post side of things...thanks

#207 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

This has come up and here is the answer,
Dear Mike,
It is the general-purpose branded transformer, the signs works in 110V-240v , please don't worry about it .
Our company has been in this line over than 10 years, many signs ship to European countries every year.
but the buyer has to use a adaptor.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, we will always glad to serve you.

Thanks! That clear it up. Kind of expected this, but the adapter is no problem. I probably have one lying around. Just glad it came over in one piece.

#208 7 years ago
Quoted from FreeBee:

Thanks! That clear it up. Kind of expected this, but the adapter is no problem. I probably have one lying around. Just glad it came over in one piece.

Awesome! Can't wait to see yours glowing!

#209 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Awesome! Can't wait to see yours glowing!

Only half a glow though
2017-04-19 21.47.31 (resized).jpg2017-04-19 21.47.31 (resized).jpg

Seems the bottom half of the large rim broke, found it while unpacking.
2017-04-19 21.42.13 (resized).jpg2017-04-19 21.42.13 (resized).jpg

#210 7 years ago
Quoted from FreeBee:

Only half a glow though

Seems the bottom half of the large rim broke, found it while unpacking.

Crud, sending off an email to get that fixed.

#211 7 years ago

Well, at least you won't hear anyone complaining is isn't properly packed. That and the speed of shipment was super!

Besides, I've looked at how one would replace the glass element, it's REALLY easy. For other shipment victims wondering, just gently pop off the black cap at the end, and you can remove the wire from the glass electrodes, then twist it around the new electrode and pop the rubber back on. Anyone can do that without any tools required.

#212 7 years ago

That version of the sign is what happens when your wife cuts off the beers and stands next to the sign with her arms crossed.

#213 7 years ago
Quoted from FreeBee:

Well, at least you won't hear anyone complaining is isn't properly packed. That and the speed of shipment was super!
Besides, I've looked at how one would replace the glass element, it's REALLY easy. For other shipment victims wondering, just gently pop off the black cap at the end, and you can remove the wire from the glass electrodes, then twist it around the new electrode and pop the rubber back on. Anyone can do that without any tools required.

Yeah it isn't hard to change out, but man that's four out of 30 so far, I thought maybe one or two would break. Well at least 14 others have made it safe.

#214 7 years ago

Mine is in and working, thanks!

#215 7 years ago

I have noticed that some others have received their sign, if you could either post or pm me that it arrived safely it would help me in keeping this organized....thanks!

#216 7 years ago

Sent an email out this morning on the last 8, (2 of them mine), signs asking the status...also the status on the broken glass replacement parts. Last week the manufacturer told me that they had to order more of the orange neon glass to wrap these up. We'll update when I get a response. -Mike

#217 7 years ago

I think mine might be lost in transit, but am still holding out it will show up.

#218 7 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I think mine might be lost in transit, but am still holding out it will show up.

Sent an email to manufacturer to see if he can ask the shipper about yours. I suspect you are right though and the shipper has misplaced it.

#219 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Sent an email out this morning on the last 8, (2 of them mine), signs asking the status...also the status on the broken glass replacement parts. Last week the manufacturer told me that they had to order more of the orange neon glass to wrap these up. We'll update when I get a response. -Mike

6 of the 8 tracking numbers are live...will report back to the two that are not live when the manufacturer gives me a response. Thank you all for your patience, sorry it looks like it is going to be a little longer then my projected 3 1/2 weeks projection to receive your sign from the time you paid, that I had posted...we aren't over that deadline yet though.

#220 7 years ago

Don't worry about the time it takes. In pinball terms this is lightspeed. Try ordering a DI or an Alien or a TBL

Btw, my tracking is not live yet ?

#221 7 years ago

Updated post number 1 to include the second run list. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beer-is-the-answer-neon-interest-check#post-3641463

Ok for anyone else that has asked to order a sign, I am going to order another run of them once this first order gets completed. I don't want to send the manufacturer anything more to the first run is straightened out and complete. The price for this run will be slightly higher at $140, a donation will be made to Pinside for each sign of this run ($5). This is limited to ten spots of which four are already claimed. After these ten orders are fulfilled I might do another run but might not depending so this could be the last chance. If you are interested, send me your PayPal email, name and address. Thanks -Mike

#222 7 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Don't worry about the time it takes. In pinball terms this is lightspeed. Try ordering a DI or an Alien or a TBL
Btw, my tracking is not live yet ?

Yes unfortunately you are one of the two...will keep you updated when I hear back.

#223 6 years ago

Another satisfied customer here! My Simpson's had been jealous of Ghostbusters and it's neon.

IMG_3648 (resized).JPGIMG_3648 (resized).JPG

#224 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Another satisfied customer here! My Simpson's had been jealous of Ghostbusters and it's neon.

Looks awesome!

#225 6 years ago

Looks as though my tracking number is now live, looking forward to getting this.....Thanks Mike...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#226 6 years ago

Mine shipped too!

#227 6 years ago

Mine arrived while I was traveling. It looks great! Thanks Mike for all the work.

IMG_1037 (resized).JPGIMG_1037 (resized).JPG

IMG_1039 (resized).JPGIMG_1039 (resized).JPG

#228 6 years ago

Wow only one more spot on the second run.

#229 6 years ago

PayPal requests were sent out just now for the second run.

#230 6 years ago

Still waiting... tracking does seem to know that a package was shipped from China now.

#231 6 years ago

Answered the paypal. Thanks for all the legwork on this.

#232 6 years ago
Quoted from Twilliams:

Still waiting... tracking does seem to know that a package was shipped from China now.

Just checked it, it is working for me and it is in NY Currently. Sent you a PM showing you a picture of the current tracking status.

#233 6 years ago

Ok there is one spot left if you want in on the second run...just waiting for 4 more payments then I am going to send the order off, so if you want in here is your chance.

#234 6 years ago

PM sent!

#235 6 years ago

2nd run list is now closed.

#236 6 years ago

Thanks for the effort. Can't wait to see it in person.

Let's all go to Flamin' Moe's.

#237 6 years ago

look what just showed up !

DSC09013 (resized).JPGDSC09013 (resized).JPG

#238 6 years ago

Sign is great. They did a good job on it.

#239 6 years ago

Mine is going to end up being shipped back to China. How is anyone home during the day to sign for this damn thing!?

#240 6 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Mine is going to end up being shipped back to China. How is anyone home during the day to sign for this damn thing!?

You can pick it up at the post office..you can indicate that on the slip they drop off.

#241 6 years ago

I think my USPS guy is an idiot. He doesn't ring the bell and ignored my redelivery date request. Wait for me beer sign! I will find you!

#242 6 years ago

Has anybody ever had only half of the sign turn on when you initially power it up? Happens to me sometimes and usually if I just switch it back off and on it works great. I am wondering if this is an issue with the sign, or due to how I power it up concurrently with multiple games on the same switch.

#243 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Has anybody ever had only half of the sign turn on when you initially power it up? Happens to me sometimes and usually if I just switch it back off and on it works great. I am wondering if this is an issue with the sign, or due to how I power it up concurrently with multiple games on the same switch.

Could be as simple as taking the electrode boots off and seeing if the leads have a lot of paint on them, If there is then its not making a good connection! Take the boots off and just by using your fingernails strip the paint off the leads!

If that doesn't work then it is a little more of an issue like either a bad tube or power supply! You have to keep in mind these signs are cheaper in price due to the fact that they're made using cheaper products (neon tube is smaller, power supplies are cheaper and not UL approved). Not knocking the signs as they're cost effective but just don't expect to get the use out of them that you would a "commercial" neon sign!

#244 6 years ago

I want to clarify that although I did the first run of the BeeR is the ANSWER signs for pinball karma so to speak, I will make a small profit on each of these signs sold in the second run, not much but some to offset the time involved. The price difference was due to the donation to Pinside, increase in manufacturer costs to cover breakage, and my time. There is a lot of time involved in pulling this off that I originally didn't plan for with the first run, in part to increasing the order size to 30 signs. There will also be a $5 donation for each sign sold to Pinside.

If anyone in the second run feels they do not agree with this please let me know and I will cancel your order and issue a full refund. Thanks -Mike

#245 6 years ago

You have no problem from me with this. You were up front with how much the price is, that's all that matters. I just hope that when mine arrives, it is not broken. Hopefully that has been addressed. Any idea when the signs may be shipped?

#246 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I want to clarify that although I did the first run of the BeeR is the ANSWER signs for pinball karma so to speak, I will make a small profit on each of these signs sold in the second run, not much but some to offset the time involved. The price difference was due to the donation to Pinside, increase in manufacturer costs to cover breakage, and my time. There is a lot of time involved in pulling this off that I originally didn't plan for with the first run, in part to increasing the order size to 30 signs. There will also be a $5 donation for each sign sold to Pinside.
If anyone in the second run feels they do not agree with this please let me know and I will cancel your order and issue a full refund. Thanks -Mike

No issue here at all! I wouldn't have mine from the first run without you doing this and my buddy is eagerly awaiting his from the second. As a HUGE simpsons and pinball fan, I'm more than happy to shoot you a few well earned bucks for your time.

#247 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

You have no problem from me with this. You were up front with how much the price is, that's all that matters. I just hope that when mine arrives, it is not broken. Hopefully that has been addressed. Any idea when the signs may be shipped?

I know that the manufacturer was surprised at how many signs did break in shipping. He talked to the carrier about it and is doing his best to ensure that the signs arrive intact by paying special attention to the preparation for shipping. They sale a lot of signs and he said this particular sign had an unusually high breakage in comparison to others.

I will know more when the signs will begin to be shipped within a few days from today. These signs are made to order so they ship out as they are made.

#248 6 years ago

Tracking numbers for the second run were sent out, Please allow a week for these to start going live and you can track them on USPS or Canadian post. They will go live as they are made and shipped. Thanks -Mike

#249 6 years ago

Yeah I received my sign today...love the color which you can get a better idea by looking at the surrounding styrofoam in the picture! Woo hoo!

IMG_0556 (resized).JPGIMG_0556 (resized).JPG

#250 6 years ago

Hey Mike,

Mine arrived today as well and in great shape (no breakage). Color looks great as you can see in the picture. Again, beers are on me at pinagogo. Thank you for all the work on these.

Loren

1493923089208-948353676 (resized).jpg1493923089208-948353676 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 218.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 298 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beer-is-the-answer-neon-interest-check/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.