Topic Stats

• 297 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Jjsmooth
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 62 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20170713_170334 (resized).jpg
IMG_0879 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
beer is answer 3 (resized).jpg
beer is answer 2 (resized).jpg
Mikes 6 (resized).png
IMG_20170523_101759 (resized).jpg
IMG_9394 (resized).JPG
IMG_9395 (resized).JPG
2017-05-16 19.27.32 (resized).jpg
2017-05-16 18.48.51 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
20170515_174028 (resized).jpg
IMG_0712 (resized).JPG
IMG_9304 (resized).JPG

There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 2 years ago

No longer offered

#2 2 years ago

Ok a bit off in the communications department, they were thinking that I wanted the cartoon portion included also....if I can get at least 10 orders price is closer to $115 shipped. These will be a bit smaller 11x14, edited original post to reflect these changes.

#3 2 years ago

Here is the picture of the BBB Sign I had them make so you can see the quality of their work. Colors are much more vibrant then captured on camera.

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

#4 2 years ago

I am in for one

#5 2 years ago

I am in for one as well. Are these real glass neon signs or LED "neon"?

#6 2 years ago

Real glass neon. Ok we are up to four so far...6 more to go.

#7 2 years ago

I'm in for one

#8 2 years ago

bump to get this to 10 total

#9 2 years ago

Alright we are halfway there...we are at five, I found the original thread that people expressed interest in and had sent out a few pm's. Hiltion at five I will get these made by organizing it, but they might be $10 more is all if I don't get to ten but either way I will make these happen now. I am going to give it a few more days and then ask everyone to pm me their PayPal email address and forward them to the manufacturer so he can just send a PayPal invoice to all that have expressed interest. I figure this is the easiest way to communicate everyone's shipping address and keep things straight.

#10 2 years ago

Is this the guy that's been making neons for years for KLOV? Gu is his name, I think?

#11 2 years ago

No it is not GU. I had him price quote me for the BBB sign and he quoted like $399 or $499 can't remember exactly how much. I figured he didn't want to do it so I didn't follow up with him.

#12 2 years ago

Also I will add that there will be a mock up of the image shown of the neon before everyone sends payment...for reference this was the mock up I received for the BBB neon.

IMG_0359 (resized).PNG

#13 2 years ago

Sweet. Thanks for putting this together.

#14 2 years ago

I am in. Can combine with Hilton if that saves on shipping.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

No it is not GU. I had him price quote me for the BBB sign and he quoted like $399 or $499 can't remember exactly how much. I figured he didn't want to do it so I didn't follow up with him.

Whaaaaaaat....I got my custom color Recognizer from that guy for like 150 shipped, if it was even that much. That's crazy. Oh well. Anyways, looks similar style to what that guy does. Mine has been extremely reliable. It's real neon, it's just not huge thick tubing like oldschool neon.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Whaaaaaaat....I got my custom color Recognizer from that guy for like 150 shipped, if it was even that much. That's crazy. Oh well. Anyways, looks similar style to what that guy does. Mine has been extremely reliable. It's real neon, it's just not huge thick tubing like oldschool neon.

Here is a copy of the email...I stand corrected he quoted $550, it might not have been him that replied though as the email says Scott from his eBay store. The email order is read starting from the bottom up.

Thanks for getting back to me, To expensive for me right now...thank you.

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 4, 2017, at 2:40 PM, Scott <neonsign.store@gmail.com> wrote:

The price will be $550.
Thanks!

Gu,
I would like to get a custom sign made of the logo attached below.

Thanks -Mike

#17 2 years ago

I'm in. Will PM you my PP.

Looks like the WI guys like their beer...

#18 2 years ago

Count me in for one. I'd go for one of the BBB signs too if they'd make another.

#19 2 years ago

Ok we're at 7 now...looking good.

#20 2 years ago

Please pm me your PayPal email address for these and I will add a star by your name when I receive it. Thanks, Here is the list so far. One for myself too.

Neon list:

*1. Whysnow
*2. Pinballbeerguy
*3. Tacshose
*4. Kettchxxii
*5. Foo
6. Chahoua
*7. Dr-Willy
*8. Damon
*9. Boomer71
*10. Jeffzee

#21 2 years ago

Count me in for one.

#22 2 years ago

Alright cool these will be $115 then as that is ten people (including myself). I am having the preview art made up which will probably take a few days. In the meantime it should give others the weekend to see this thread and decide if they want in.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Do you have a picture of your neon? Tried to find it in the glow thread but alas no picture.

#24 2 years ago

Saturday bump

#25 2 years ago

Tempted. Waiting for the mockup. Then maybe if I've had a few beers I'll pull the trigger.

#26 2 years ago

Okay, I'm in.

But what's the policy on replacing shipping damage? I bought a few neons from that Chinese guy (name starts with an A) on eBay and he was super cool on sending replacements. One time it took three tries to get one that wasn't broke.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

Okay, I'm in.
But what's the policy on replacing shipping damage? I bought a few neons from that Chinese guy (name starts with an A) on eBay and he was super cool on sending replacements. One time it took three tries to get one that wasn't broke.

I am just organizing this to get a lower price and help my pinball karma a bit. I saw there was interest on another thread and I really dig neon so I thought I would put the deal together and figure out the logistics for free.

Anyways although this is not through eBay it is through PayPal so there is that protection if their is a problem. I will say my BBB neon was packed very well in a styrofoam box (very strong) with foam surrounding all of the sign and pieces of foam packed between the glass tubes. He has 726 feedback with a 99.4% rating and of the three negatives in the last 12 months only one was received broken. The other two was a complaint about copyright infringement and the other was the sign was smaller then advertised. One neutral rating about size difference.

It is my opinion that they will make sure everyone is 100% satisfied, if not I guess the worse case is you have to open up a dispute with PayPal and get a chargeback going. I will include a photo of the packaging mine arrived in.

Here is there warranty posted on their eBay auctions below:

Warranty & Return
All products are double-checked before shipment, will use safe material to protect the sign in the overseas shipping.
If broken in shipment(about 3% damage rate), pls contact us FIRST, DO NOT open a return request.
If you still need the sign, usually the new replacement parts (e.g. neon tubes) will be shipped for free.
We will also send you the instructions to known how to replace the broken glass tube, most of the buyers will solve this easily.

If you do not like the sign received or want to RETURN the sign, pls contact us, DO NOT open a return request.
We will PAY for the return shipping fees, you will never loss any money for such transactions with us.

Full refund can be applied if not satisfied with the sign from us, also comes with 365 days warranty.
Feel free to send us a e-mail any time with questions or concerns, we will reply 1 work day!

image (resized).jpg

#28 2 years ago

thanks for putting this all together!

really excited for this!

#29 2 years ago

I would like to have one. I don't do pay pal. Will a U.S. Postal money order work for you? Pm and address to me and I mail it out Monday.
Thank you. Sputnik

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from Sputnik:

I would like to have one. I don't do pay pal. Will a U.S. Postal money order work for you? Pm and address to me and I mail it out Monday.
Thank you. Sputnik

Sorry only payments through PayPal with or without an account, meaning you don't have to open a PayPal account to make the payment via CC.

Like I said I am only providing the logistics for this and have nothing to do with the processing of the funds. The manufacturer only accepts PayPal payments.

#31 2 years ago

My wife has PayPal, message sent. Now I'm going to have to relocate my Bob's bar sign.
Thank you. Sputnik

#32 2 years ago

Just a heads up, I am going to close the list off at 15 orders. If all goes smooth like I predict. I will probably do it again. Thanks all!

#33 2 years ago

I'm in if there is room.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Tempted. Waiting for the mockup. Then maybe if I've had a few beers I'll pull the trigger.

Beer is the answer

#35 2 years ago

Dog of Death! I had Kodi playing every Simpsons episode on random and that ep/this sign comes on 3rd.

#36 2 years ago

bump to get this thing solidified and done

#37 2 years ago

I should have the mock up on Wednesday to post for the sign. So everything is in the works and we are all in the process of getting these made. I paid a small fee for the mock up to be made and guaranteed 5 sales within two days of my approval of the mock up for the price. They just wanted to make sure that they would get at least 5 sales at the price quoted. No worries if I end up buying 5 of these myself I will just drag them to pin a go go and sale them there That being said if everything goes as planned and the design looks good...which I believe it will be just fine then you guys (ladies) should have a PayPal request midweek. I would suspect signs will arrive 2-3 1/2 weeks after payment is made...he is express shipping them.

#38 2 years ago

Thank you for getting this together.
Sputnik

#39 2 years ago

Just a quick update on the mock up...I paid for the mock up on Saturday and he had stated five days so I should get this today or tomorrow to post for all to see, I misspoke stating Wednesday.

#40 2 years ago

I'm in for one

#41 2 years ago

Put me down!

#42 2 years ago

Ok I guess I will raise the cut off to 20 still seems manageable

#43 2 years ago

i hope you are at least getting yours for free for the effort

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

i hope you are at least getting yours for free for the effort

Thanks, I think it is a possibility if all these people follow through with a order but really for $115 it's no big deal. I just think it's cool to promote neon and when I read about the demand on your thread I figured why not. It was easy to get my other sign made and I was really impressed with how it turned out. I figure I can give back to the Pinside community a little and help out my pinball karma in the process.

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Thanks, I think it is a possibility if all these people follow through with a order but really for $115 it's no big deal. I just think it's cool to promote neon and when I read about the demand on your thread I figured why not. It was easy to get my other sign made and I was really impressed with how it turned out. I figure I can give back to the Pinside community a little and help out my pinball karma in the process.

very cool of you.

coincidentally, my "Madison Pinball" sign should be here in the next week or so.

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

very cool of you.
coincidentally, my "Madison Pinball" sign should be here in the next week or so.

Aww awesome, can't wait to see photos!

#47 2 years ago

still waiting on the mock up...I went and looked at my PayPal and last time I sent on Feb 6th and received the mock up on the 15th. I sent payment for this mock up on the 11th so I am thinking the 20th we should have it.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Aww awesome, can't wait to see photos!

I finally got my shipping info. Looks like my Madison Pinball neon should arrive next Sat.

#49 2 years ago

Ok gang here is the mock up attached below, it is a go as far as I am concerned. I will wait till tonight to see feedback from you guys before I ask him to send PayPal requests now for the $115. Once I do If you could let me know via PM here when you send payment it would be greatly appreciated ( I guaranteed so many sales at this price within 2 days of my approval of the mock up).

IMG_0389 (resized).PNG

#50 2 years ago

looks good.

only small feedback, is will it be more of a classic orange color os is that the yellowish it will be?

either is fine with me, just checking.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside