(Topic ID: 22576)

Been offered a TFLE Decepticon NIB for $5100...Is it worth it at any price?

By flipperfingers

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Rarehero
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

I've played a split on location a half dozen times. I enjoyed it. However, I don't want longevity to be an issue since I can only have one game. I know that there is A LOT of hate for this game based on what I've read in this forum.

The question that I have is whether or not that hate is at any price. I can get a NIB Decepticon for $5100 plus just under $200 shipped to my door. Is it worth it even at that price, or should I stay away. I'm normally not influenced too much by others, but this is a huge investment for me.

Thanks so much for your time, everybody.

#2 11 years ago

I wouldn't mind owning a TF for a while but if I could only have one game and had 5k+ to spend then this wouldn't be the one

#3 11 years ago

I got mine and expected to hate it and sell it quickly.

The game grew on me, and I really ended up liking more than I anticipated. I'm not selling it anytime soon...

It is a very solid game...although the detractors are incredibly aggressive in their slamming of the it. I don't know if their opinions necessarily reflect what the masses think...they are just a lot louder.

It does become tougher for you because you've only got space for one game. It would be too easy for me to say: "Love the game, and that price is very good, so get it!" It won't be an easy decision...so you might need to spend more time on the game beforehand.

Pete

#4 11 years ago

It's a fun game.

If you like Transformer toys or movies, then it's a no brainer.

If you are on the fence, get a different game.

#5 11 years ago

If that is your only pin - no. Each person has their opinion and mine is........pass. It is cheap for a reason. If it was a runaway smash why is it down and falling? For those that enjoy it, great. I know folks that love Raven. To each their own.

#6 11 years ago

i got TF autobot didnt like it at first kinda tough for me . need to understand shoots. took a while. if you just play it a few times most want like it. the more i have played mine the more i like it JMO. seems like a good price on it .wouldnt sell mine for that.

#7 11 years ago

I would get 2 or three cheaper pins if I had $5000 and had the choice of one or two-three..

#8 11 years ago

^^^You've answered your own question. You know my answer, but that's me, not you.

#9 11 years ago

If you like it, then why not? When else will you be offered a NIB LE pin for that price? Go nuts dude...you only live once. If it isn't a long term keeper for you, I don't think you'll lose much if anything a ways down the road. Heck, if the rumored software update pans out, demand could shoot up and you might make out like a bandit!

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

If you like it, then why not? When else will you be offered a NIB LE pin for that price? Go nuts dude...you only live once. If it isn't a long term keeper for you, I don't think you'll lose much if anything a ways down the road. Heck, if the rumored software update pans out, demand could shoot up and you might make out like a bandit!

I like your attitude. If your post doesn't convince me, nothing else will. haha

#11 11 years ago

I would pass, but as mentioned, I also don't think you would lose if you did decide to do it and then didn't like it.

#12 11 years ago

Will you please IM me where that deal is at? I won't snake yours as I'm not a buyer right now but am looking at getting a combo and the best I've got for a NIB now is $5900 after shipping

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

I got mine and expected to hate it and sell it quickly.
    The game grew on me, and I really ended up liking more than I anticipated. I'm not selling it anytime soon...
    It is a very solid game...although the detractors are incredibly aggressive in their slamming of the it. I don't know if their opinions necessarily reflect what the masses think...they are just a lot louder.
    It does become tougher for you because you've only got space for one game. It would be too easy for me to say: "Love the game, and that price is very good, so get it!" It won't be an easy decision...so you might need to spend more time on the game beforehand.
    Pete

I agree with this.

That price is excellent for NIB! I really like my Decepticon. If you played it and like it yourself, and you can get such a good price, I'd go for it. There are plenty of people that love the pin.

#14 11 years ago

Amazing price. Go for it. Great pin!

#15 11 years ago

Even though I sold mine after having it 1 day I'd recommend going ahead and buying it at that price. You will be able to determine if you like it and if you don't it won't be too big of a loss when you sell it.

#16 11 years ago

I happen to love TF....would probably give 2 or 3 lower value pins just to have one....would have to be the LE though

#17 11 years ago

I know that this may seem like small potatoes, but does the violet color of the legs and rails look a little...well...girly? I mean, I would never buy a purple car. I hope that this doesn't offend anyone either. That's not my intention.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from flipperfingers:

I know that this may seem like small potatoes, but does the violet color of the legs and rails look a little...well...girly? I mean, I would never buy a purple car. I hope that this doesn't offend anyone either. That's not my intention.

It is not purple, it is Decepticon Violet.

You couldn't sell a man a pink Buick Roadmaster but he would buy one that was Salmon.

#20 11 years ago

Go for the pro. Its cheaper and better imo.

#21 11 years ago

F*%k no. It's bad ass!

#22 11 years ago

No it's actually quite good.

#23 11 years ago

Flipperfingers said: I know that there is A LOT of hate for this game based on what I've read in this forum.

And I say: And A LOT of love.

#24 11 years ago

I really enjoyed this game as it is, and there may be a software update coming. The purple looks very cool in real life.

Although this is a controversial POV, I think that the modern games use color, lighting and sound in ways that blow away many of the older games.

TF jumps out at you; so does AC/DC. I have yet to play X-Men. Go for something new. This will be your only game so you don't want to have to repair or shop it as soon as you get it. You've got a heckuva price on a NIB LE. Do it.

#25 11 years ago

Love mine, have to log some time on it and you start to learn the game, gets really fun. Plus if you are a tf fan, then you will really like it!

#26 11 years ago

Its worth that price. Even i would prob get it.

#27 11 years ago

I can't stand purple....but the TFDLe machine looks really slick in person....Goes well with the Deceptecon theme

#28 11 years ago

no brainer.....A steal at that price! great game!

#29 11 years ago

Prices will start to go up on these when the next update hits the streets (yes it's coming). Patience will be rewarded.
    The hate for the game is overblown here. I had 5 LE's bought in my group buy locally here in MN. Everyone in my local group loves the pin and no one is selling.

#30 11 years ago

I don't get the hate either. I truly think TFLE is one of the best.

#31 11 years ago

A lot of the hate is coming from guys who pre-ordered it and are pissed because some promised features were left off. There was a lot of pre-release hype, and when it didn't live up to that hype people called it a shitty game. Then there's the guys who start hate threads based on playing one game on a dirty machine.

If you've played it and already think it's fun then I don't think you'd tire of it too quickly in your collection.

#32 11 years ago

Bargain! Top game! ESPECIALLY DECEPTICON

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

I don't get the hate either. I truly think TFLE is one of the best.

One of the best? Really? I'm really surprised that people are still going to bat for this game...I think it's faux passion, though...that's my feeling. At the end of the day it's OK....what about it constitutes great? The shooter lane doesn't even function properly if you launch at full strength lol.

#34 11 years ago

I don't think its a BAD game. I think it will go down as one of the lesser Gomez titles. They just could have done so much more with it. That said, I wouldn't turn one down at this price. TF isnt Rolling Stones or Avaturd. But its no Tron either.

Being sandwiched between Tron and ACDC release wise hasn't helped how people received it either.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrStarkweather:

That said, I wouldn't turn one down at this price. TF isnt Rolling Stones or Avatar.

Those games function as intended, don't have bullsh*t code, have better dots, look better, and are more fun. AvaTAR is still played constantly months after TFLE has left the building, and I'd gladly add a Stones before I brought TF back in.

#36 11 years ago

Seriously this is not an ask for opinions game choice. Its a play and decide table. Clearly folks like,love and hate it.
    Is 5100 a good price for a NIB LE version, you bet. Is it a good buy? Only if you like it and will enjoy playing it.

Personally I read all this stuff too and then played it and knew I would love owning one. I do.

#37 11 years ago

I've played a split on location a half dozen times. I enjoyed it. However, I don't want longevity to be an issue since I can only have one game. I know that there is A LOT of hate for this game based on what I've read in this forum.
    The question that I have is whether or not that hate is at any price. I can get a NIB Decepticon for $5100 plus just under $200 shipped to my door. Is it worth it even at that price, or should I stay away. I'm normally not influenced too much by others, but this is a huge investment for me.
    Thanks so much for your time, everybody.

Im no way a fan of TF, so all I will add is this, if you can get a NIB Autobot/Decepticon LE for $5100 what can you get a Combo for which should be cheaper and IMO is the best out of a bad bunch both factions represented throughout.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

if you can get a NIB Autobot/Decepticon LE for $5100 what can you get a Combo for which should be cheaper and IMO is the best out of a bad bunch both factions represented throughout.

The reason you can get NIB Autobots/Decepticons so cheap is because distributors purchased them from Stern and they did not sell since most purchased the combos, so the Autobots/Decepticons are sitting in their inventory now and they want move them. All the distributors I have talked to are sold out of the combos, however they have autobots/decepticons still in stock. So they are willing to cut their losses and sell the Autobots/Decepticons at a loss. Combos are still available and are in stock at Stern, so there is no incentive for a distributor to sell one of those at a loss when they will be drop shipping to your door. Only way I could see getting a combo for less is if you can find a distributor with a combo in stock that they want to move.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

The reason you can get NIB Autobots/Decepticons so cheap is because distributors purchased them from Stern and they did not sell since most purchased the combos, so the Autobots/Decepticons are sitting in their inventory now and they want move them. All the distributors I have talked to are sold out of the combos, however they have autobots/decepticons still in stock. So they are willing to cut their losses and sell the Autobots/Decepticons at a loss. Combos are still available and are in stock at Stern, so there is no incentive for a distributor to sell one of those at a loss when they will be drop shipping to your door. Only way I could see getting a combo for less is if you can find a distributor with a combo in stock that they want to move.

That's interesting, considering they were originally going to only do 99 each Autobot & Decepticon, and bumped it up to 150 each due to demand. Seems that they were "sold out" quite fast, but perhaps it was just distributors hoarding them for speculation that we now know didn't pan out.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

That's interesting, considering they were originally going to only do 99 each Autobot & Decepticon, and bumped it up to 150 each due to demand. Seems that they were "sold out" quite fast, but perhaps it was just distributors hoarding them for speculation that we now know didn't pan out.

They should have stuck with 99 designers and kept combo's down to 300-350. It's no different then now with XMEN. Stern is sold out, but distributors still have them (at least magnetos). If XMEN would have sucked and the distributors did not sell all theirs, then they would be selling them below cost too once the next great thing came out. I know some people who just decided to get their XMEN, so distributors are clearly not sold out and are hanging onto some. I purchased my NIB Autobot for below cost and the reason the distributor was doing so was because AC/DC came out and people were not as interested in TF anymore.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

They should have stuck with 99 designers and kept combo's down to 300-350. It's no different then now with XMEN. Stern is sold out, but distributors still have them (at least magnetos). If XMEN would have sucked and the distributors did not sell all theirs, then they would be selling them below cost too once the next great thing came out. I know some people who just decided to get their XMEN, so distributors are clearly not sold out and are hanging onto some. I purchased my NIB Autobot for below cost and the reason the distributor was doing so was because AC/DC came out and people were not as interested in TF anymore.

Hey, distributors...anyone got a ton of Stones Pros or LEs you wanna get rid of for below cost? Let's talk!

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Hey, distributors...anyone got a ton of Stones Pros or LEs you wanna get rid of for below cost? Let's talk!

I'll take a NIB Stones Pro for half cost.

#43 11 years ago

I really like TF LE with the NEW update, whenever that is the game will be fantastic and prices will start to climb again.

#44 11 years ago

I can only have one game

The price you listed is definitely a great deal but based on you only being able to have one pin I would choose a different one. Go out and play as many as you can pick the one you like the best and go with it. If you can have only one don't settle.

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from mummite:

I really like TF LE with the NEW update, whenever that is the game will be fantastic and prices will start to climb again.

Doubt it. Code udpate will be a nice gift for those who stuck with it...but it doesn't change the various physical flaws, design flaws, fake-Optimus voice, etc.

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Doubt it. Code udpate will be a nice gift for those who stuck with it...but it doesn't change the various physical flaws, design flaws, fake-Optimus voice, etc.

Yeah. Faketimus Prime and the blatent oversight on the drop target did me in. I actually like the game, but you didn't think to have Megatron's face somewhere that didn't require routing a hole through it. Grrr.

#47 11 years ago

Hell, I'd operate it at that price

#48 11 years ago

You canonical apart any game. The all have some flaw. Bottom line have fun with it. I don't think TF LE is a let down like some make it out to be. Who cares about voices? It's pinball!

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm really surprised that people are still going to bat for this game...I think it's faux passion, though...that's my feeling.

You can really be full of yourself sometimes. From now on when I'm playing my Decepticon and having a blast doing it, I will have to check my emotions and remember that it is just "faux passion".

You really need to accept the fact that there are plenty of people that *really* like the pin. Really. I wouldn't have bought one if I didn't like it. Nothing "faux" about it.

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

One of the best? Really? I'm really surprised that people are still going to bat for this game...I think it's faux passion, though...that's my feeling

You have no ability to recognize other folks have different opinions?? Trust me there are poeple who see and feel things that are almost opposite to you. Its how we are wired. We have different taste. Things that annoy you may excite someone else.

I played it and loved it. My kids love this game. I get folks dont like it but I do. I bought it recently so I knew the good and the bad. Great game in my book. Again to the OP decide based on your experience not an internet post.

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/been-offered-a-tfle-decepticon-nib-for-5100is-it-worth-it-at-any-price and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.