Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2248 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2245 (resized).jpeg
    790F6BAF-19F6-42AC-A269-82D1589AF4A6 (resized).jpeg
    ACA1219B-5D7C-4646-8FC7-19F9D0970859 (resized).jpeg
    1298FE37-9210-435A-8A36-7B525DFAE365 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8268 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8244 (resized).jpeg
    7FA5BFB1-DDB4-4A2C-9125-DE7500CD257D (resized).jpeg
    53CFBBB7-1DFC-42DD-A4C6-467C90BD35D5 (resized).jpeg
    8ADCBD3C-10B4-44A5-A149-66BCA24A0DB8 (resized).jpeg
    8B2C718E-7963-4B26-A544-EFB40CA6FB6D (resized).jpeg
    769AEE1B-E3FC-450C-A39C-6E70DFA30E39 (resized).jpeg
    39654852-9D03-44FB-AA20-6237836D8912 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4560 (resized).jpeg
    3E57BBCE-2788-416B-855E-A13A8844C9F1 (resized).png

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 10 months ago

Winding down for the night and decided to get a log started for one of my next projects. Long story short, I had planned to do The Goonies as my next homebrew. Due to Spooky possibly producing this, I've decided to change the theme and am honestly super excited that I did. So as the title states, my next project will be none other than Beavis and Butthead.

I will be using the Goonies design and have already came up with most of what will be on the playfield. Few of the initial plans are as followed:

- 10" lcd screen in playfield will be the TV that Beavis and Butthead watch. It will play during modes and also play different music videos with the BB commentary like in the show. Music should be exciting, as there is a ton of things I can pull from over the years.

- There will be main modes that follow the different eras of the show. The original show, Beavis and Butthead Do America, Beavis and Butthead new show, Beavis and Butthead Do The Universe, and maybe Daria. Within these main modes will be multiple modes based on different parts of the movies and main themes of the show.

- Upper right inserts, between right and middle ramp will be their TV remote. The two targets will change the music videos that play and will probably start/change modes from some form of this. I may even have volume on this in a certain mode to follow theme of remote.

- Middle ramp will probably be the Black Hole from Do The Universe and change the videos from original to the new stuff when certain things are active. Contemplating also putting a drop in front of this ramp to control when it can be hit. The ramp also has an opening into pops if ball is not hit fast enough.

- Spinner Toy will be either Cornholio or a roll of TP, hitting the toy will build up to going into Cornholio mode. This will most likely be a mode to try and set things on fire or maybe a become the ultimate cornholio.

- Things I want to incorporate but haven't set in stone yet. Open to ideas on these. Burger World, their couch (dont want to rip the simpsons pinball party, but thought about a couch to land balls on as a lock), School (or lack of school, teachers, bully, etc). have a ball save, but need to figure out what from the show would be a good theme for this. Something in there for scoring(if you know what I mean), something for getting nachos.

- top left of pops behind left ramp, Need to figure out something here. Thinking of a diverter on left orbit that shoots ball up to an upper playfield. Thought upper playfield could possibly be burger world, like they're going to work and need to complete things there.

- Plan to have a ton of callouts and fun things from the show. Some will be crude, but I think that's part of the appeal to Beavis and Butthead.

This project will be powered by FAST pinball. As of now, there will be three screens (Backglass, DMD Panel (15.6" LCD), Playfield Screen). Current target for a playable prototype is bringing it to Southern Fried Gaming Expo and Chicago Expo. This will all depend on how much progress I make on League of Legends (completely unwired right now) and funds. As always, I am open to suggestions of any kinds.

IMG_1114 (resized).JPGIMG_1114 (resized).JPG
    #2 10 months ago

Crazy, you don't have time to finish the swap of the "League of legend", so you start another project ?

It's crazy the speed your working on this project...
    Did you use a CNC to make the whitewood ?

#3 10 months ago
    Quoted from leeoneil:

Crazy, you don't have time to finish the swap of the "League of legend", so you start another project ?

It's crazy the speed your working on this project...
    Did you use a CNC to make the whitewood ?

League is pretty done programming wise (I'd say 80%, with last 20% being wizard mode, a item buying process and some tweaks to the other modes) and layout is done. I took apart to swap to my real direct to wood playfield from Fantastic Pinball. This design for Beavis and Butthead was done months ago for Goonies, so no real work other than wiring. All of my programming from League of Legends will mostly carry over to BBDP for the main frame of the game.

#4 10 months ago

So many call outs.

Character select: play as Beavis or Butthead, then maybe characters 3 and 4 could be Stewart, Daria, or Todd? "Todd is cooool." You could hard code this so players 1-4 are always that character, or make it selectable.

Playing upon character select, the calls outs could then be themed to that character. Both main guys say "score!" a lot, so you'd use their specific call out. If Beavis drains, cue Butthead "Beavis, you suck." If Butthead drains, cue Beavis "No way, Butthead."

The TV screen is a neat, interactive idea. You could have a standup target for the call out, "Change it" to change the channel/cycle the music video.

Also, two words: Cornholio multiball

#5 10 months ago

Following. Beavis and Butthead are long overdue.

#6 10 months ago

Following!

#7 10 months ago

"OK boys, I think I will be following this thread"

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
    #8 10 months ago

"I can't believe you two dick wads are having a pinball machine made after you"

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #9 10 months ago

Got my cabinet together and painted for Beavis and Butthead. I offer cabinets for homebrewers and had to put this one together to test fitment and to ensure everything is good to go. Good excuse to work towards Beavis and Butthead. I plan to have a flipping prototype done by end of July so I can bring to Southern Fried Gaming Expo.

Once I get my current orders 100% complete and league of legends wired back up, I’ll be able to focus on this.

47FBA1E6-0ED5-4574-9781-8F2BA7C82B3C (resized).jpeg47FBA1E6-0ED5-4574-9781-8F2BA7C82B3C (resized).jpeg
    #10 9 months ago

Just doing some initial planning for different items.

Thinking the beavis and butthead targets will be bash toys of their heads. They will be near top right, above where the remote is.

Remote will list playfield multipliers and bonus multipliers, but also have two inserts to indicate channel and volume. When blinking youll have to hit either beavis or butthead depending on which one to do the task. For channel change, itll change the mode its in. For volume, it'll increase or decrease the bonus or jackpot. I plan to have main modes and then multiple mode possibilities within each main mode. The modes will pull from the old beavis, new beavis shows and the two movies.

Cornholio ramp will be the right ramp. The spinner toy will be used to collect TP, once collecting enough, hitting the cornholio ramp will complete modes, etc.

Bung Hole - Will be a target and hole used to complete skillshots, modes, etc.

Pop Bumpers - These will be the teachers and principle. Pop area will be the school. The two skillshot lanes at top will be to collect daria by hitting both.

Nad Kicker - This will be more of a fun toy to hit as you can bounce it off this pop and into the drops on the right side (kicking them in the nads). May also do a super Nad kicker where you bank it off the pop into something right below it but need to make sure itll work first.

Black Hole Ramp - From the new movie, do the universe. They go into a black hole and come out in 2022. Basically when this ramp is lit and is hit, you'll travel between the old shows and the new shows.

Burger World Ramp - This will pull into burger world events and such.

Convenience Store - This will go along with nachos and slushies. I may have a diverter on this left orbit into an upper playfield or some kind of ball lock.

Right orbit ? I am not sure what to do for the right orbit yet, open to ideas.

My mode ideas right now are New Beavis show, old beavis show, Do the universe, Do america, and Daria (only because theres a ton to pull from).

I am open to any and all ideas on what you'd like to see and ideas on art.

beavisandbutthead (resized).pngbeavisandbutthead (resized).png
    1 week later
    #11 9 months ago

So this is the current working template for Beavis. Top left area will probably be an upper playfield, so will mostly be covered. If not, I may put andersons toolshed there (may also do a bash toy or lock that looks like shed). Alot of the top art will be covered by clear ramps, so just there to fill in.
    I am not sure what to add to the two center inserts (thinking maybe Beavis and Butthead logo). and the triangle insert i want to completely cover but am not sure what to put there yet.

Inerts below tv I am not 100% sure what to put there yet. I may add some more pinball related items there (extra ball, super pops, etc) but am open to suggestions. The 5 spots above the tv are what the modes will be based on and will complete with each one.
    Also, always open to suggestions!

Beavis revision (resized).pngBeavis revision (resized).png
    #12 9 months ago

lol "score again"

I love this project

#13 9 months ago

this art is cool, did you hand draw it?

#14 9 months ago

love this!!

#15 9 months ago

This is great. I hope it makes it to SFGE.

#16 9 months ago

Looks cool!

#17 9 months ago

Heh heh, score. Following!

My favorite scene from Do America is when they are tripping in the desert.

#18 9 months ago
    Quoted from ParkRangerPinball:

lol "score again"
    I love this project

Wouldn’t you have to score once before you score again?

#19 9 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wouldn’t you have to score once before you score again?

That’s what the question mark is for

#20 9 months ago

New to pinside.

But pinball player, video gamer forever. I saw premier of "frog baseball" and "monster trucks" at Spike and Mike's film festival. I'm a fan. Huge B&B fan.

Why Daria? Why? Just don't do that. That's a horrible misstep. Please don't. Otherwise can't wait to see this go.

#21 9 months ago
    Quoted from Gregkel22:

Why Daria? Why? Just don't do that. That's a horrible misstep. Please don't. Otherwise can't wait to see this go.

Was feeling the same to be honest.

#22 9 months ago

Main reason for Daria was just to break up the modes with something different. Plans to pull minimal from hers. I’m not opposed to pulling it but not sure what other to go with. Could maybe have comic beavis and butthead mode

#23 9 months ago

Daria- just a different property.

Omit her. Totally.

I'm new here- pardon ignorance,.learning on both virtual and real world at same time. Lots of characters to choose from. The gym teacher, the hippie teacher, Anderson, their chubby blond friend... Did you happen to look at the B&B virtual table? They did great job..

#24 9 months ago
    Quoted from Gregkel22:

Daria- just a different property.
    Omit her. Totally.
    I'm new here- pardon ignorance,.learning on both virtual and real world at same time. Lots of characters to choose from. The gym teacher, the hippie teacher, Anderson, their chubby blond friend... Did you happen to look at the B&B virtual table? They did great job..

Teachers will be on the pop bumpers.

Todd Stewart and Anderson are on the drops on right side.

Burger world manager is left ramp.

#25 9 months ago
    Quoted from Octomodz:

Main reason for Daria was just to break up the modes with something different. Plans to pull minimal from hers. I’m not opposed to pulling it but not sure what other to go with. Could maybe have comic beavis and butthead mode

a dating mode with Lolita and Tanqueray

#26 9 months ago

You almost have to have Daria so you can have their chant: "Diarrhea, cha cha cha!", even if it's just for a mode with only a couple shots to finish.

#27 9 months ago

I'm getting lost here guys,.was Daria even a crossover? She isn't mike Judge, is she?

I think Daria just happened to be on mtv soon after B&B. I don't think it's even related, is it?

The diahhrea cha cha cha-cha-cha did not think that was anything to do w her either.

I think Daria on Beavis and Butthead would be like a Muppet on the avengers. Just completely different.

Yes, very opinionated on this, Beavis is a national treasure.

#28 9 months ago

Daria was a spin-off, she first appeared as a character on B&B.

#29 9 months ago

Following, looks great so far!!

#30 9 months ago

Leave Daria in. She was in some good episodes like the one where she helps them fix a flat tire for those girls they think they are going to score with.

Try and fit Harry Sach somewhere too lol. One of the funniest one-shot character's imo.

#31 9 months ago
    Quoted from Gregkel22:

I'm getting lost here guys,.was Daria even a crossover? She isn't mike Judge, is she?
    I think Daria just happened to be on mtv soon after B&B. I don't think it's even related, is it?
    The diahhrea cha cha cha-cha-cha did not think that was anything to do w her either.
    I think Daria on Beavis and Butthead would be like a Muppet on the avengers. Just completely different.
    Yes, very opinionated on this, Beavis is a national treasure.

As for the Muppets in the Avengers, don't give Disney any ideas, they've already ruined both those properties by themselves, they don't need to create another travesty.

#32 9 months ago

Like her or not, Daria was in some episodes so I would vote to keep her.

#33 9 months ago

This will probably the first set on the playfueld. Just doing a vinyl print to start out.

3E57BBCE-2788-416B-855E-A13A8844C9F1 (resized).png3E57BBCE-2788-416B-855E-A13A8844C9F1 (resized).png
    #34 9 months ago

I assume you're including Skull and Death Rock as they are what's on their shirts when Mike Judge wanted to avoid copyrights? Or will you put the actual band names in there on the final print?

#35 9 months ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

I assume you're including Skull and Death Rock as they are what's on their shirts when Mike Judge wanted to avoid copyrights? Or will you put the actual band names in there on the final print?

I’m not sure what to do, Metallica are known for being bastards when it comes to
    Copyright stuff. I figured easiest route is to just do the deathrock and skull. However, I may end up changing it.

#36 9 months ago

Love it!

Need to include this classic pose in your art:

IMG_4560 (resized).jpegIMG_4560 (resized).jpeg
    #37 9 months ago
    Quoted from Octomodz:

I’m not sure what to do, Metallica are known for being bastards when it comes to
    Copyright stuff. I figured easiest route is to just do the deathrock and skull. However, I may end up changing it.

If you're making this for your personal use, they have don't really have any legal standing to come after you. If you were going to make it purely for selling it as a finished product, followed by many more, then they could say something. Whatever you do, don't put it on Napster!

#38 9 months ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

If you're making this for your personal use, they have don't really have any legal standing to come after you. If you were going to make it purely for selling it as a finished product, followed by many more, then they could say something. Whatever you do, don't put it on Napster!

I am not intentionally making it too ever sell, but if there was ever an offer for a company to produce, I'd 100% be down. I may change it in the final with their logos, I ordered the print for the first playfield and should be here in the next couple weeks.

2 weeks later
    #39 8 months ago

Quick little video showing my current layout and plans for Beavis and Butthead. I am planning to bring to SFGE but will ultimately depend on available time between now and July 28th. I should be able to have it flipping with basic scoring and a few videos / songs in it. Let me know what you think of design and always open for suggestions and ideas!

#40 8 months ago

Some pictures as well!

39654852-9D03-44FB-AA20-6237836D8912 (resized).jpeg39654852-9D03-44FB-AA20-6237836D8912 (resized).jpeg53CFBBB7-1DFC-42DD-A4C6-467C90BD35D5 (resized).jpeg53CFBBB7-1DFC-42DD-A4C6-467C90BD35D5 (resized).jpeg769AEE1B-E3FC-450C-A39C-6E70DFA30E39 (resized).jpeg769AEE1B-E3FC-450C-A39C-6E70DFA30E39 (resized).jpeg7FA5BFB1-DDB4-4A2C-9125-DE7500CD257D (resized).jpeg7FA5BFB1-DDB4-4A2C-9125-DE7500CD257D (resized).jpeg8ADCBD3C-10B4-44A5-A149-66BCA24A0DB8 (resized).jpeg8ADCBD3C-10B4-44A5-A149-66BCA24A0DB8 (resized).jpeg8B2C718E-7963-4B26-A544-EFB40CA6FB6D (resized).jpeg8B2C718E-7963-4B26-A544-EFB40CA6FB6D (resized).jpeg
    #41 8 months ago

Awesome! Looks great already.

#42 8 months ago

Love this so far.

I would add one of my favorite quotes of all time to this. It’s when the boys are in Van Dressen’s class and he calls on Butt-head and he responds with: “Uh, could you repeat the question a few times?”

Maybe add it to when the ball saver kicks in or when you restart a mode.

The reboot (well both times) have been on point and like most things Mike Judge related, his satire is of it’s time as well as being timeless and is still just as good now as it ever was - with the only caveat I wish there was more videos per episode as those were always the best parts of the show.

From the recent episodes I recommend Beavis’s “Kramer party of 3 your table is ready” and “Butt-head sucks” as timeless call outs.

Can’t wait for the King of the Hill reboot.

#43 8 months ago

“Thems the two boys always whacking off in my toolshed. Beaver and Bumcoat.”

IMG_8244 (resized).jpegIMG_8244 (resized).jpeg
    #44 8 months ago

following

#45 8 months ago

Beautiful whitewood!

#46 8 months ago

This dude ships!

Woah on the upside down post for the Beavis spinner!!! That's awesome.

#47 8 months ago

As always , you're killing it. Wish I had those programming skills, you make me jealous of time to get all this done.

#48 8 months ago
    Quoted from MrBigg:

you naked me jealous

IMG_8268 (resized).jpegIMG_8268 (resized).jpeg
    #49 8 months ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

[quoted image]

Lol, you got me before I could fix it. Was on lunch break scanning quickly. It is pretty amazing, not enough to get me naked, but close, lol

#50 8 months ago

I must say that art look professional.. Bit hard to read the text on the inserts above the TV screen though, but horizontal ones with text could be a solution. The movie titles inside film strips and the "Cool Music" album surrounded by music notes would be simple but still tell the player what it's about?

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beavis-and-butthead-do-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.