(Topic ID: 272162)

Beavis and Butt-Head - who's going to make it?

By woz

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by hazmat7719
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

franchi_butthead (resized).png
    B-B-ACDC-Metallica (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    fire pinball beavis (resized).jpg
    106154150_1157364641312463_3951726082031954944_o (resized).jpg
    hank-hill-king-of-hill-know-jpeg-is.gif
    B&B 3 (resized).jpg
    B&B 4 (resized).jpg
    Beavis (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    B&B (resized).jpg
    giphy (resized).png
    D73B11CB-DC34-4667-888B-D5F9CAA88433 (resized).jpeg
    4C1619C0-750B-46CA-9615-EA52E535089B (resized).jpeg
    056B4B0E-6E2F-43B8-BEED-C2459F6D6A74 (resized).jpeg
    20200701_200559 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

They're going to water this down so much for our modern PC culture, there's no way in hell this show is going to work or be funny like it was. I hope I'm wrong.

People saying this must not remember the show or the characters. They’re delightful, simple, innocent morons. They never did or said anything offensive. Their worst controversy was some moron kid who lit himself on fire & his mom blamed the show. They had a PG-13 movie. This is going to be on the same network as South Park. I wish the people offended at the offended could offer one bit of Beavis humor that anyone would blink at today.

Mike Judge would not revisit these characters if they had to change. The reboot from a few years back was great & exactly how it was....it “failed” because MTV viewers don’t care about animation.

Let’s come back here in a year or so when it airs, you’ll see I’m right. I bet the first episode is about how everyone at school is offended by them & they are oblivious.

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

My brother worked for viacom while they were making this game. There were 3 hidden easter egg videos on the cd-rom:

Who’s your brother? I worked at Viacom as a tester - that’s the first game I worked on.

#77 3 years ago
    Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

Maybe you haven't been watching t.v. lately, or been on the internets.
    Here's a guy way back in 1994 saying they're racist because they talk when the rap videos are playing.
    https://lists.h-net.org/cgi-bin/logbrowse.pl?trx=vx&list=h-pcaaca&month=9407&week=b&msg=EdkhNCB8ChkTbmKfYCwqeA&user=&pw=
    They frequently were accused of making racist asian jokes, but that might be politically correct by now.
    Here's a newstory from the last time they were on the air, where people were blaming them for inspiring racists to target a rapper:
    https://www.tmz.com/2011/12/03/beavis-and-butt-head-so-cold-in-the-d-threats/
    so I'm sure plenty of people will find plenty of things to accuse them of, the show was way too funny and every good joke basically breaks down to "I can't believe you said that". Hopefully I'm wrong and everybody will be cool with it.

You’re always going to have someone pissed at something. That’s not the point. We still live in a world where R rated comedy exists. Adult cartoons still exist that are far more edgy and button-pushing than B&B ever were. We don’t remember B&B’s rumor due to these occasional minor bits that might not play today. Culture and humor change and evolved every decade, but their stupidity and antics are relatively timeless...that’s why they’re coming back.

I just find it really funny that people are instantly assuming B&B in 2021 won’t be good cuz of “the offended”...it’s going to be ok the same net as South Park. Mike Judge does not NEED to do this...he’s got other shit going on. He’d only do it if it was funny.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beavis-and-butt-head-who-s-going-to-make-it?tu=Rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.