(Topic ID: 272162)

Beavis and Butt-Head - who's going to make it?

By woz

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by hazmat7719
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

franchi_butthead (resized).png
    B-B-ACDC-Metallica (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    fire pinball beavis (resized).jpg
    106154150_1157364641312463_3951726082031954944_o (resized).jpg
    hank-hill-king-of-hill-know-jpeg-is.gif
    B&B 3 (resized).jpg
    B&B 4 (resized).jpg
    Beavis (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    B&B (resized).jpg
    giphy (resized).png
    D73B11CB-DC34-4667-888B-D5F9CAA88433 (resized).jpeg
    4C1619C0-750B-46CA-9615-EA52E535089B (resized).jpeg
    056B4B0E-6E2F-43B8-BEED-C2459F6D6A74 (resized).jpeg
    20200701_200559 (resized).jpg

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 3 years ago

With the announcement that Comedy Central is going to reboot Beavis and Butt-Head for two seasons, wouldn't this be a great time to make the pinball machine?

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/beavis-and-butt-head-reboot-comedy-central-1234695587/

#2 3 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #3 3 years ago

I would definitely buy this title.

#4 3 years ago

The last revival flopped on mtv a few years ago, so I’d think stern would probably want to wait a bit and see if this meets a similar fate.

Would be a fun title for sure and the 30s/40s demographic would love it.

#5 3 years ago

Too late.. maybe wouldve worked in the 90s

#6 3 years ago

I loved the og Mike Judge stuff. The movie was Great! Sadly America has lost its sense of humor and can no longer laugh at itself. They dont stand a chance in this pc world. Frog Baseball!!!

#7 3 years ago

I remember the PC game where you would hock loogies hitting items

hock_loogie_beavis_butthead (resized).pnghock_loogie_beavis_butthead (resized).png
    #8 3 years ago

Make it happen. Heh heh heh. It would rule!!!

#9 3 years ago

Fire! Fire! Fire!

#10 3 years ago

I bet Spooky could sell out 800 of them in under 3 hours!

#11 3 years ago

Someone needs to make this happen! Come on Stern, do it!

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

I bet Spooky could sell out 800 of them in under 3 hours! And they already have built up a relationship with Comedy Central.

Im sure you're right. The pin would do better than the show will. Still, Ill tune in and give it a chance.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

I bet Spooky could sell out 800 of them in under 3 hours! And they already have built up a relationship with Comedy Central.

What else have they done with Comedy Central?

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from WODKA:

Possibly too late, however other dated themes such as Elvira, TMNT, Wonka, and the dinosaur Rock bands have all been successful (to varying degrees of course, but none have truly bombed).

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug, and Gen X (the obvious target here) has been OD’ing for a few years at this point (I can admit that I’ve done a few “bumps” myself ). For a certain (now able to afford pins) age group, a “Beavis and Butthead” theme could pull all the right strings and be virtually irresistible!

I’d personally rather see “King of the Hill” if we are going to do a Judge pin - the subversive satire that made B ‘n B great is even funnier in KoH, and there is a much larger variety of material to work with.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from WODKA:

He says with a TMNT avatar

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

For some reason I was thinking Comedy Central owned Adult Swim but its Cartoon Network.

#17 3 years ago

I'm all for judge getting paid but I assume it won't work, again.
    Tales from the tour bus was/is so good.

#18 3 years ago

They're going to water this down so much for our modern PC culture, there's no way in hell this show is going to work or be funny like it was. I hope I'm wrong.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

South Park was done.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

They're going to water this down so much for our modern PC culture, there's no way in hell this show is going to work or be funny like it was. I hope I'm wrong.

It didn’t even work back in 1993. Within about a month the show was in trouble and was censoring itself. “fire! Fire!” Lasted about 4 episodes.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

He says with a TMNT avatar

Well the total revenue from the Turtles franchise is 14.6 billion dollars.. Says a lot compared to Beavis and Butthead

Might work with Spooky though, in a small batch

#22 3 years ago

Blah

#23 3 years ago

This needs to be made. So many possibilities.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

...there is a much larger variety of material to work with.

You wouldn't get Kahn these days for sure though.

Or John Recorn, the Gribble kid.

#25 3 years ago
    F7A45940-20EE-44F1-B81C-589FB115458C (resized).pngF7A45940-20EE-44F1-B81C-589FB115458C (resized).png
    #26 3 years ago

Kick me in the jimmy kickback, mechanical kickback of course and not the ball save crap.

I know a designer just waiting to grab this title if the company he works for would get off there asses..

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from JoeinNJ:

Kick me in the jimmy kickback, mechanical kickback of course and not the ball save crap.
    I know a designer just waiting to grab this title if the company he works for would get off there asses..

I know KME has mentioned in interviews that that this would be a dream theme for him.

#28 3 years ago

Consider me one of those mid 40s Generation X kids that would love to see this title come to fruition.

I would stay up at night to watch this show with my dad all the time.
    Really pissed my mom off every time she would walk out of the kitchen and see us watching it. She would always say the same thing every time “are you two watching that crap again”?
    My dad and I would laugh in Beavis and Butthead voices every time she would say that (pissed her off even more).
    Ah, good times.

#29 3 years ago

Yes, my mom also hated Beavis and Butthead.

How else were we supposed to know it was good?

#30 3 years ago
    20200701_200559 (resized).jpg20200701_200559 (resized).jpg
    #31 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

I remember the PC game where you would hock loogies hitting items[quoted image]

My brother worked for viacom while they were making this game. There were 3 hidden easter egg videos on the cd-rom:

#32 3 years ago

I'm 60 and would buy it for certain. Great classic show

#33 3 years ago

The pop bumpers call out are just constant heh heh heh and huh huh huh laughs

#34 3 years ago

According to Mike Judge the reason the last season a few years ago “flopped” was due to an executive change at MTV. I think there might have been an issue over who had the rights too but It’s been awhile since I listened to his interview on Howard Stern... haven’t listened to him for a few years now too.

I like that they tried taking a stab at stupid reality tv after MTV did nothing but churn that crap out, I’m curious if they’ll roast other terrible Comedy Central programming with the new series. There’s plenty of fodder to tackle there.

I like Mike Judges stuff so I’ll give it a shot although I’m not expecting much.

I’m terms of a pinball machine it’s a little late but let’s be honest here folks... TMNT, Aerosmith, Metallica, Primus, Heavy Metal, AC/DC, Elvira, Batman 66, Star Wars, Ghostbusters, KISS, Beatles... aren’t exactly new properties either.

Anybody game for an Idiocracy machine while we’re at it?

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aphex:

#36 3 years ago

Idiocracy? Why would we need a game? We're living in one.

#37 3 years ago

Im in.......

#38 3 years ago

I can see Spooky making this one.

#39 3 years ago

I'd get one for sure.

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It didn’t even work back in 1993. Within about a month the show was in trouble and was censoring itself. “fire! Fire!” Lasted about 4 episodes.

That's true.. .as I remember some kids burnt down a mobile home and said it was because of Beavis... who then started saying "Water! Water!!!" when he saw videos... or "Wire! Wire!!!!!"

MTV had some pretty funny stuff there for a little while, Beavis & Butthead, later Tom Green, Jackass, all kind of squired tastes that had some funny stuff in there if you looked for it, Beavis & Butthead was probably the funniest of all that...

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

I remember the PC game where you would hock loogies hitting items[quoted image]

Fun little game that I played on the PC a TON! Get the damn squirrel with super snot loogie for major points. Good memories. It was the only mini game of that set I liked to play. I can't even remember the rest.

Quoted from Aphex:

According to Mike Judge the reason the last season a few years ago “flopped” was due to an executive change at MTV. I think there might have been an issue over who had the rights too but It’s been awhile since I listened to his interview on Howard Stern... haven’t listened to him for a few years now too.
    I like that they tried taking a stab at stupid reality tv after MTV did nothing but churn that crap out, I’m curious if they’ll roast other terrible Comedy Central programming with the new series. There’s plenty of fodder to tackle there.
    I like Mike Judges stuff so I’ll give it a shot although I’m not expecting much.
    I’m terms of a pinball machine it’s a little late but let’s be honest here folks... TMNT, Aerosmith, Metallica, Primus, Heavy Metal, AC/DC, Elvira, Batman 66, Star Wars, Ghostbusters, KISS, Beatles... aren’t exactly new properties either.

I thought the last reboot season was pretty good. I figured it flopped because the demographic that watched MTV and MTV programming itself changed. It may do better on comedy central, but not sure it will be successful. Either way I am looking forward to the new seasons and will likely enjoy it.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They turned thst into an ongoing joke with “fighter” and “higher” and a host of other non sequitur rhymes. Kept the joke going long after “fire” would have become boring

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from ronlisa:

I can see Spooky making this one.

It really would be a good title for them. If done right I'd be getting one for sure. I was a huge fan of the show back in the day. It'll be interesting to see what these 2 new seasons are like.

#44 3 years ago

I would be very interested if stern did it. Unfortunately I can only see spooky making this one...so I’m sure they would screw it up.

#45 3 years ago

Dream theme I'm in.

4C1619C0-750B-46CA-9615-EA52E535089B (resized).jpeg4C1619C0-750B-46CA-9615-EA52E535089B (resized).jpeg056B4B0E-6E2F-43B8-BEED-C2459F6D6A74 (resized).jpeg056B4B0E-6E2F-43B8-BEED-C2459F6D6A74 (resized).jpegD73B11CB-DC34-4667-888B-D5F9CAA88433 (resized).jpegD73B11CB-DC34-4667-888B-D5F9CAA88433 (resized).jpeg
    #46 3 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I would be very interested if stern did it. Unfortunately I can only see spooky making this one...so I’m sure they would screw it up.

If Stern were to do it, I would hope it’s one of their “boutique” titles. Elvira is knocking it out of the park - but the other recent releases have been kind of pedestrian

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

I know KME has mentioned in interviews that that this would be a dream theme for him.

KME-Stern-Beavis & Butthead=money in the bank

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinVision:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hahaha. Those are creepy as hell!

#49 3 years ago

I'm in!

To this day, at the Taco Bell drive thru, when they ask if I want any sauce, I say "Fire! Fire! Yeah! Hm!" "Uhhh, huh huh, huh huh huh!"

Except nowadays I have to add, actually I want Diablo!

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

KME-Stern-Beavis & Butthead=money in the bank

This would be a dream. If only...

Do you know something? You usually do lol

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beavis-and-butt-head-who-s-going-to-make-it?hl=hayfarmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.