(Topic ID: 272162)

Beavis and Butt-Head - who's going to make it?

By woz

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by hazmat7719
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

franchi_butthead (resized).png
    B-B-ACDC-Metallica (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    fire pinball beavis (resized).jpg
    106154150_1157364641312463_3951726082031954944_o (resized).jpg
    hank-hill-king-of-hill-know-jpeg-is.gif
    B&B 3 (resized).jpg
    B&B 4 (resized).jpg
    Beavis (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    B&B (resized).jpg
    giphy (resized).png
    D73B11CB-DC34-4667-888B-D5F9CAA88433 (resized).jpeg
    4C1619C0-750B-46CA-9615-EA52E535089B (resized).jpeg
    056B4B0E-6E2F-43B8-BEED-C2459F6D6A74 (resized).jpeg
    20200701_200559 (resized).jpg
    There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

If Stern were to do it, I would hope it’s one of their “boutique” titles. Elvira is knocking it out of the park - but the other recent releases have been kind of pedestrian

I would take stern pedestrian over anything spooky or ap has to offer.

#52 3 years ago

Uhhhh... Huh huh huh.... Uuuh, huh huh huh huh

Brilliant!

#53 3 years ago

I miss the days of mid-late 90's TV. Primarily because we only had over the air until we finally got the Dish in '97. I watched so much MTV, trying to catch up to what all my friends were watching. Beavis and Butthead. Ren and Stimpy. South Park. Kinda looking forward to this reboot. And yeah, kinda surprised there hasn't been a Beavis and Butthead machine. Even Ren and Stimpy would be cool too.

#54 3 years ago

Loved this show in the early 90's.

I've never purchased a NIB pin, this would be the first!

I'm IN!

#55 3 years ago

I own the complete series, uncut and uncensored. Including the uncensored "King Turd" collection. Ahh the good old days.

B&B (resized).jpgB&B (resized).jpg
    #56 3 years ago

A Beavis and Butthead pinball machine has already been made. But if I told you who and where, I'd have to...

"Hey Beavis, my balls are in your mouth"

But hey, if JJP can be making a new GnR, then all that PC and family friendly bullshit must be on the way out.

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I would take stern pedestrian over anything spooky or ap has to offer.

ZING!

#58 3 years ago

At least Spooky isn't afraid to use adult language.

Um yeah.

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
    #59 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

At least Spooky isn't afraid to use adult language.

Stern Sopranos and Metallica drop the F bomb.

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Stern Sopranos and Metallica drop the F bomb.

It's like the old saying goes "What have you done for me lately"

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from gjm:

I own the complete series, uncut and uncensored. Including the uncensored "King Turd" collection. Ahh the good old days.
    [quoted image]

Do those DVDs have the music videos?

I have 122 episodes that somehow landed onto my computer hard drive, and they are great. I think it is all of the original seasons. But they are just the individual episodes, no music videos in sight. Again, these are great to have and a continual source of enjoyment, but part of what made the original series great were the music videos interspersed with the adventures in stupidity. Listening to their comments during the music was part of the experience. I think all of those were locked out from future media releases however due to the music rights for the songs.

Hmm, just checked the youtubes while I was typing this and I see that there are various uploads of at least some of the music videos. Well, looks like more time to be wasted because I'm gonna have to check those out. Most of the video quality looks pretty bad, so it seems like they came from a VHS or something like that.

#62 3 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Do those DVDs have the music videos?
    I have 122 episodes that somehow landed onto my computer hard drive, and they are great. I think it is all of the original seasons. But they are just the individual episodes, no music videos in sight. Again, these are great to have and a continual source of enjoyment, but part of what made the original series great were the music videos interspersed with the adventures in stupidity. Listening to their comments during the music was part of the experience. I think all of those were locked out from future media releases however due to the music rights for the songs.
    Hmm, just checked the youtubes while I was typing this and I see that there are various uploads of at least some of the music videos. Well, looks like more time to be wasted because I'm gonna have to check those out. Most of the video quality looks pretty bad, so it seems like they came from a VHS or something like that.

Yes, all of the music videos are included. These are 100% uncut and uncensored. I also have all of the uncut and uncensored "South Park" episodes.

#63 3 years ago
    Quoted from gjm:

Yes, all of the music videos are included. These are 100% uncut and uncensored. I also have all of the uncut and uncensored "South Park" episodes.

Hmm, you seem to have some gold there. I can't even find a set like that to buy anywhere. There are lots of different collections available on Amazon and such, but it appears these all have the music videos stripped. And also, various censoring. Its seems stupid, the idea of censoring whatever Beavis and Butthead ever said, when you think of what South Park put on the air later.

If you ever want to sell that set, I'll take it! I would have a ripping good time with that let me tell you.

#64 3 years ago

Yeah I bought some dvds long ago and was really disappointed to see the music videos weren’t there

#65 3 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Hmm, you seem to have some gold there. I can't even find a set like that to buy anywhere. There are lots of different collections available on Amazon and such, but it appears these all have the music videos stripped. And also, various censoring. Its seems stupid, the idea of censoring whatever Beavis and Butthead ever said, when you think of what South Park put on the air later.
    If you ever want to sell that set, I'll take it! I would have a ripping good time with that let me tell you.

You can find that set online for sale, but it's obviously not a legal release. Looks like it's around $70 from the first couple sellers I see.

#66 3 years ago

I would be so in.

Beavis (resized).jpgBeavis (resized).jpg
    #67 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The last revival flopped on mtv a few years ago

It didn't flop, it was brilliant

#68 3 years ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

You can find that set online for sale, but it's obviously not a legal release. Looks like it's around $70 from the first couple sellers I see.

I’d buy that

#69 3 years ago

Ahhh found it. King turd collection.

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

They're going to water this down so much for our modern PC culture, there's no way in hell this show is going to work or be funny like it was. I hope I'm wrong.

People saying this must not remember the show or the characters. They’re delightful, simple, innocent morons. They never did or said anything offensive. Their worst controversy was some moron kid who lit himself on fire & his mom blamed the show. They had a PG-13 movie. This is going to be on the same network as South Park. I wish the people offended at the offended could offer one bit of Beavis humor that anyone would blink at today.

Mike Judge would not revisit these characters if they had to change. The reboot from a few years back was great & exactly how it was....it “failed” because MTV viewers don’t care about animation.

Let’s come back here in a year or so when it airs, you’ll see I’m right. I bet the first episode is about how everyone at school is offended by them & they are oblivious.

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

My brother worked for viacom while they were making this game. There were 3 hidden easter egg videos on the cd-rom:

Who’s your brother? I worked at Viacom as a tester - that’s the first game I worked on.

#72 3 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

B&B 3 (resized).jpgB&B 3 (resized).jpgB&B 4 (resized).jpgB&B 4 (resized).jpg
    #73 3 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

I know KME has mentioned in interviews that that this would be a dream theme for him.

An Elwin game would rock. I remember hearing one of those interviews.

#74 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

People saying this must not remember the show or the characters. They’re delightful, simple, innocent morons. They never did or said anything offensive. Their worst controversy was some moron kid who lit himself on fire & his mom blamed the show. They had a PG-13 movie. This is going to be on the same network as South Park. I wish the people offended at the offended could offer one bit of Beavis humor that anyone would blink at today.
    Mike Judge would not revisit these characters if they had to change. The reboot from a few years back was great & exactly how it was....it “failed” because MTV viewers don’t care about animation.
    Let’s come back here in a year or so when it airs, you’ll see I’m right. I bet the first episode is about how everyone at school is offended by them & they are oblivious.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Maybe you haven't been watching t.v. lately, or been on the internets.

Here's a guy way back in 1994 saying they're racist because they talk when the rap videos are playing.

https://lists.h-net.org/cgi-bin/logbrowse.pl?trx=vx&list=h-pcaaca&month=9407&week=b&msg=EdkhNCB8ChkTbmKfYCwqeA&user=&pw=

They frequently were accused of making racist asian jokes, but that might be politically correct by now.

Here's a newstory from the last time they were on the air, where people were blaming them for inspiring racists to target a rapper:

https://www.tmz.com/2011/12/03/beavis-and-butt-head-so-cold-in-the-d-threats/

so I'm sure plenty of people will find plenty of things to accuse them of, the show was way too funny and every good joke basically breaks down to "I can't believe you said that". Hopefully I'm wrong and everybody will be cool with it.

#75 3 years ago

This is a fantastic idea! INSTANT buy for me!

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinVision:

Dream theme I'm in.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

where in the hell did you get these, they are awesome.

#77 3 years ago
    Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

Maybe you haven't been watching t.v. lately, or been on the internets.
    Here's a guy way back in 1994 saying they're racist because they talk when the rap videos are playing.
    https://lists.h-net.org/cgi-bin/logbrowse.pl?trx=vx&list=h-pcaaca&month=9407&week=b&msg=EdkhNCB8ChkTbmKfYCwqeA&user=&pw=
    They frequently were accused of making racist asian jokes, but that might be politically correct by now.
    Here's a newstory from the last time they were on the air, where people were blaming them for inspiring racists to target a rapper:
    https://www.tmz.com/2011/12/03/beavis-and-butt-head-so-cold-in-the-d-threats/
    so I'm sure plenty of people will find plenty of things to accuse them of, the show was way too funny and every good joke basically breaks down to "I can't believe you said that". Hopefully I'm wrong and everybody will be cool with it.

You’re always going to have someone pissed at something. That’s not the point. We still live in a world where R rated comedy exists. Adult cartoons still exist that are far more edgy and button-pushing than B&B ever were. We don’t remember B&B’s rumor due to these occasional minor bits that might not play today. Culture and humor change and evolved every decade, but their stupidity and antics are relatively timeless...that’s why they’re coming back.

I just find it really funny that people are instantly assuming B&B in 2021 won’t be good cuz of “the offended”...it’s going to be ok the same net as South Park. Mike Judge does not NEED to do this...he’s got other shit going on. He’d only do it if it was funny.

#78 3 years ago

Ok I give up trying to dl king turd. I been trying to get get from Pirate Bay and then burn to dvd but I’m completely lost.

Anyone got the king turd v2 files I can just directly play and or burn to dvd?

#79 3 years ago

Why burn to dvds? I heard from a friend that the torrent has all of shows all organized as mp4 videos, all properly named by season (also in folders by season) and episode. Get them downloaded, put them on your hard drive, or a USB drive, and play them on whatever media player you like. They’re ready to go. Trying to author those back to DVDs is going to be a major pain in the butt to do, as you found out. That’s going backwards.

#80 3 years ago

Well I downloaded the torrent and can’t get it to do anything. It’s in .iso. Tried a few things but nothing worked yet

#81 3 years ago

Well I downloaded the torrent and can’t get it to do anything. It’s in .iso. Tried a few things but nothing worked yet

Mount that .iso already!

#82 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Mount that .iso already!

hank-hill-king-of-hill-know-jpeg-is.gifhank-hill-king-of-hill-know-jpeg-is.gif
    #83 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Mount that .iso already!

I have no idea what that means!!

Someone nice sent me a link for mp files so hopefully I can handle that lol

#84 3 years ago

There is another king turd torrent on PB that is not the iso format. It is as described with all the files in mp4 format. Check again, I just downloaded it the other night. Make sure you search beavis and butt-head with the hyphen in Butt-head

#85 3 years ago
    106154150_1157364641312463_3951726082031954944_o (resized).jpg106154150_1157364641312463_3951726082031954944_o (resized).jpg
    #86 3 years ago

fire pinball beavis (resized).jpgfire pinball beavis (resized).jpg

#87 3 years ago

Couldnt you just retheme stern simpsons to B&B? Youve got the couch already. Change the heads and figures, art, etc. Boom, done.

I see it now. The scratchy kick out is now the "butt hole"...heh heh....

#88 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Couldnt you just retheme stern simpsons to B&B? Youve got the couch already. Change the heads and figures, art, etc. Boom, done.
    I see it now. The scratchy kick out is now the "butt hole"...heh heh....

That's brilliant. And the garage becomes the maxi-mart. There's a TON of material to use and Mike Judge could record a few things for pinball specifically like: "Shoot again dumbass"
    "You love playing with balls"
    "Pull the rod"
    AS a few examples.

We're finally gonna score wizard mode

#89 3 years ago
    Quoted from WODKA:

Too late.. maybe wouldve worked in the 90s

This is my default reaction to virtually every pin side theme idea about even older Shiite (munsters, Wonka, tmnt, nightmare before Xmas etc).

But this title has nads. Wonka, munsters, not so much.

Beards are cool.

#90 3 years ago

That’s worth $6,500 alone. Tears of laughter in perpetuity!

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

That's brilliant. And the garage becomes the maxi-mart. There's a TON of material to use and Mike Judge could record a few things for pinball specifically like: "Shoot again dumbass"
    "You love playing with balls"
    "Pull the rod"
    AS a few examples.
    We're finally gonna score wizard mode

Mike who? Ef that noise! $5!

https://www.fiverr.com/sounddaddy/record-a-voice-over-as-beavis-and-butthead-36f3

2 weeks later
    #93 3 years ago

Just dug this out of the closest...hope it still works!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #94 3 years ago

B-B-ACDC-Metallica (resized).jpgB-B-ACDC-Metallica (resized).jpg

7 months later
    #95 3 years ago

My god this theme needs to happen. “ GWAR Multiball!!!!!”. “A pinball for my butthole”. Cornholio Multiball! “Stop playing with your balls Beavis!”. People saying its too late .... ummmm Nostalgia, new show /movie coming. I mean people are flipping out for Fat Axyl Rose and GnR was the same timeframe in the 90s BnB.

If Mike Judge was onboard this would be the next Rick and Morty/GnR pin for Callouts/Theme integration. He loves BnB so i think he would do all the voice work.

#96 3 years ago

I did not want to create a new thread but get this one restarted!

#97 3 years ago

Me I would love Keith on this but seems too small for Stern . It would be right into Spookys wheelhouse though. It has to be Anti PC to work and i think people are tired of the overreaching going on now regarding that kinda stuff.

#98 3 years ago

Oh god, I'm sure this is as awful as it was when my friends and I did it in high school...

#99 3 years ago

New movie in the works and Comedy Central apparently has ordered two seasons of B&B.

1 year later
    There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beavis-and-butt-head-who-s-going-to-make-it/page/2?hl=calfdemon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.