New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 214770)

Beauty of a Triumph - what to do

By DCRand

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinballFever
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2404 (resized).JPG
IMG_2362 (resized).JPG
IMG_2407 (resized).JPG
IMG_2363 (resized).JPG
IMG_2500 (resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

So, thought I had rescued a 1940 Bally Triumph from becoming furniture or worse and have been looking for a good home for it. Ryan in em flipperless noticed that the cabinet didn't match the promo pictures, or the back box. Found a label, see below, inside side cabinet door. Need advice here on what to do with this machine? I can't keep it, so.........

IMG_2500 (resized).JPG

IMG_2363 (resized).JPG

IMG_2407 (resized).JPG

IMG_2362 (resized).JPG

IMG_2404 (resized).JPG

#2 2 years ago

Yeah, IPDB shows two different cabinets for "Beauty", and one of them matches your "Triumph" cabinet. It also has two different models for "Triumph", but no photos for model number two.

1 week later
#3 2 years ago

Bumping this as haven't found a buyer, even at $150.00. Really want to save the machine, but don't have room to keep it. Do I consider parting it out if there is a market for the parts? Do I fix it up, then hope to find a buyer? Do I consider turning it into a coffee table for the cab / playfield and wall art for the back box as someone had suggested? Any advice would be appreciated.

#4 2 years ago

I would keep the machine together and continue to try to sell it or get it working to sell it. I like the look of the machine and think the cabinet looks fine with it.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Bumping this as haven't found a buyer, even at $150.00. Really want to save the machine, but don't have room to keep it. Do I consider parting it out if there is a market for the parts? Do I fix it up, then hope to find a buyer? Do I consider turning it into a coffee table for the cab / playfield and wall art for the back box as someone had suggested? Any advice would be appreciated.

If you're going to any shows this year break it down and wrap it, take it to the show and sell it or give it away. As you've discovered, it's not worth $150 + the effort required to actually transfer it from your location to the buyer.

If you need the space sooner I think turning it into art is the best idea. Strip out all the parts and offer them for shipping cost, hang up the glass and playfield, throw the cabinet away.

#6 2 years ago

Thanks for the answers, actually just found a Pin hobbyist buyer for $100, who didn't mind the different cabinet and who has a better electrical background than I do, so may be able to get it working. Happy it is going to a hopefully good home.

1 week later
#8 2 years ago

Thks, sold mine and would call buyer, but in CA and the for sale one is in PA. Shipping not worth it.

#9 2 years ago

Yeah, coincidental that two examples of this game would come up available at almost the same time. That seller already sold it though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 39.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Concealed Art
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 16.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 11.95
$ 4,199.00
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 11.00
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside