Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by PinballFever
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2404 (resized).JPG
IMG_2362 (resized).JPG
IMG_2407 (resized).JPG
IMG_2363 (resized).JPG
IMG_2500 (resized).JPG

#1 10 months ago

So, thought I had rescued a 1940 Bally Triumph from becoming furniture or worse and have been looking for a good home for it. Ryan in em flipperless noticed that the cabinet didn't match the promo pictures, or the back box. Found a label, see below, inside side cabinet door. Need advice here on what to do with this machine? I can't keep it, so.........

IMG_2500 (resized).JPG

IMG_2363 (resized).JPG

IMG_2407 (resized).JPG

IMG_2362 (resized).JPG

IMG_2404 (resized).JPG

#2 10 months ago

Yeah, IPDB shows two different cabinets for "Beauty", and one of them matches your "Triumph" cabinet. It also has two different models for "Triumph", but no photos for model number two.

1 week later
#3 9 months ago

Bumping this as haven't found a buyer, even at $150.00. Really want to save the machine, but don't have room to keep it. Do I consider parting it out if there is a market for the parts? Do I fix it up, then hope to find a buyer? Do I consider turning it into a coffee table for the cab / playfield and wall art for the back box as someone had suggested? Any advice would be appreciated.

#4 9 months ago

I would keep the machine together and continue to try to sell it or get it working to sell it. I like the look of the machine and think the cabinet looks fine with it.

#5 9 months ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Bumping this as haven't found a buyer, even at $150.00. Really want to save the machine, but don't have room to keep it. Do I consider parting it out if there is a market for the parts? Do I fix it up, then hope to find a buyer? Do I consider turning it into a coffee table for the cab / playfield and wall art for the back box as someone had suggested? Any advice would be appreciated.

If you're going to any shows this year break it down and wrap it, take it to the show and sell it or give it away. As you've discovered, it's not worth $150 + the effort required to actually transfer it from your location to the buyer.

If you need the space sooner I think turning it into art is the best idea. Strip out all the parts and offer them for shipping cost, hang up the glass and playfield, throw the cabinet away.

#6 9 months ago

Thanks for the answers, actually just found a Pin hobbyist buyer for $100, who didn't mind the different cabinet and who has a better electrical background than I do, so may be able to get it working. Happy it is going to a hopefully good home.

1 week later
#8 9 months ago

Thks, sold mine and would call buyer, but in CA and the for sale one is in PA. Shipping not worth it.

#9 9 months ago

Yeah, coincidental that two examples of this game would come up available at almost the same time. That seller already sold it though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 17.99
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 72.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 21.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 6.95
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 149.00
$ 49.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside