Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by stevevt
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

002.JPG
    004.JPG
    003-547.JPG
    003.JPG
    010.JPG
    015.JPG
    003.JPG
    009.JPG
    007.JPG
    008.JPG
    013.JPG
    015.JPG
    073.JPG
    070.JPG
    022.JPG
    041.JPG
    #1 9 years ago

Got to be honest. I can't recall if I originally found about Mike Dinley's signs here or some other site (I did a search but couldn't find anything!)

Anyway, I ordered the signs through E-Bay. The pics were nice, but I had no idea just how nice they actually are. Great guy to deal with, will work with you to customize the sign the way you want. (I.E. in the first pic, typically it says no to swearing, smoking etc....I wanted it changed to yes. No problem. Done). Kept constant contact to let me know the status.

Anyway, I've told him about Pinside and told him he should come on over here and offer his services. I guarantee you, if anyone buys his signs you won't be disappointed. Here are pics of the two I ordered.

Reg

Sign 1.JPGSign 1.JPGsign 2.JPGsign 2.JPG

#2 9 years ago

Forgot to add, here's a link to his store on E-Bay. ebay.com link: bvillesigns

#3 9 years ago

Nice except the shipping is as much as the sign.

#5 9 years ago

Shipping anything from the States to the Great White North sucks.....but these signs were worth it. Think I paid about 40.00 for shipping for the two signs.

#7 9 years ago

I like a lot of you seen these posted as Xmas gifts received and decided I needed one as well.
    In no way can I be disappointed with how great looking this came out. Much better than I even expected. Worth every penny. The guy maintains constant contact and just did a great job. You won't regret it if you get one.

IMG_1066.JPGIMG_1066.JPG
    #8 9 years ago

Thanks for posting this, just checked out the signs on ebay, definitely going to purchase one

#9 9 years ago

Great guy. Know him personally. Lives close and he has done a couple of signs for me. He will do custom designs if you want something that you don't see on his net site. Very striking work for a very fair price.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from ff6735:

I like a lot of you seen these posted as Xmas gifts received and decided I needed one as well.
    In no way can I be disappointed with how great looking this came out. Much better than I even expected. Worth every penny. The guy maintains constant contact and just did a great job. You won't regret it if you get one.

IMG_1066.JPG 186 KB

No gambling, drinking or swearing Paul? Looks like I can't ever visit.....

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

I would want

yes: drinking, swearing, gambling
    no: smoking

Need a direct email to cut out ebay!

#12 9 years ago

I ordered mine from him back in '02. Wonderful eye for detail.

#13 9 years ago

Yup, I have one of his signs in my gameroom and the quality is outstanding! Well worth the $

#14 9 years ago

Me too. Purchased one from him many years ago. Good stuff.

#15 9 years ago

I bought both Pinball Signs from Mike, they look great in my game room. I posted them on my blog.

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2015/01/22/recently-installed-signs-in-my-game-room/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog: http://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pbsupernova?ref=hl

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYkP5URZoS8NApETWc7uBmA/feed?view_as=public

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

Don't worry Ryan it's all in gest......what can I say, I'm a narcacistic hypocrite.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jenk540i:

Great guy. Know him personally. Lives close and he has done a couple of signs for me. He will do custom designs if you want something that you don't see on his net site. Very striking work for a very fair price.

Do you have his direct contact info ? I would love to order direct........I hate fleabay

#18 9 years ago

Those signs look sweet.

Might have to buy one some day.

#19 9 years ago

Yep, got mine a couple years ago - great service.

DSC02354.JPGDSC02354.JPG
    #20 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_erie:

Do you have his direct contact info ? I would love to order direct........I hate fleabay

Hey pinball_erie. PM sent with the info.

#21 9 years ago

It's the only piece of pinball swag my wife will let onto the main floor. Points to the basement gameroom. Also have a "Rob's Pinball Parlour", but had the guy change the text to read "Smoking, Drinking and Swearing Allowed".

Rob
    Creditdotpinball.com

image.jpgimage.jpg

#22 9 years ago

For those who want his e-mail, I just got ok from him to share here.

[email protected]

#23 9 years ago

So I just heard from Mike and he told me it would be fine to publish his email on this thread for folks who want to contact him directly.

Its:

[email protected]

Oscar

#24 9 years ago

Wow - just as I posted above I see that Bigbossfan posted so sorry for the duplicate info.

#25 9 years ago

002.JPG002.JPG004.JPG004.JPG010.JPG010.JPG003-547.JPG003-547.JPG015.JPG015.JPG003.JPG003.JPG009.JPG009.JPG007.JPG007.JPG008.JPG008.JPG013.JPG013.JPG015.JPG015.JPG073.JPG073.JPG070.JPG070.JPG022.JPG022.JPG041.JPG041.JPG050.JPG050.JPG030.JPG030.JPG014.jpg014.jpg015.jpg015.jpg012.jpg012.jpgAll of our sign start out as a 4x8 sheet of 1/2 inch mdo plywood and get cut to size , primed, painted and clearcoated right here in our shop. I either hand paint or airbrush my signs. I do not do digital printing and sort of despise it. I'm old school all the way and will prob. die from all the paint : ) fumes. Just kidding. We've also done quite a few of what I like to call game specific signs. Enjoy folks. If any of these are inappropriate please remove. Thanks again.

003.JPG003.JPG
    #26 9 years ago
    Quoted from spiroagnew:

It's the only piece of pinball swag my wife will let onto the main floor.

Sweet! Nice presentation.

#27 9 years ago

I'm so buying some, thanks for sharing.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jenk540i:

Hey pinball_erie. PM sent with the info.

can you PM the info this way as well please.

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from Yesteryear:

All of our sign start out as a 4x8 sheet of 1/2 inch mdo plywood and get cut to size , primed, painted and clearcoated right here in our shop. I either hand paint or airbrush my signs. I do not do digital printing and sort of despise it. I'm old school all the way and will prob. die from all the paint : ) fumes. Just kidding. We've also done quite a few of what I like to call game specific signs. Enjoy folks. If any of these are inappropriate please remove. Thanks again.

They look great, although the "no tilting" may be inappropriate. Tilting is part of the game!

#30 9 years ago

I bought one of these way back in the day. Quality product with great attention to detail.

I may have to get the one that points the way down to the gameroom. Very cool!

--
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://www.Team-EM.com
    http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#31 9 years ago

Yesteryear, that is AMAZING work. Knowing how difficult painting models other things can be, I'm even more impressed with the shading and fine detail, and consistency in yours. The arcade alien detail is astounding (it looks like printed and cut vinyl stencil) and I never would have guessed it along with the other signs and lettering is done by hand. Just wanted to give props. Thanks for sharing!

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Got to be honest. I can't recall if I originally found about Mike Dinley's signs here or some other site (I did a search but couldn't find anything!)
    Anyway, I ordered the signs through E-Bay. The pics were nice, but I had no idea just how nice they actually are. Great guy to deal with, will work with you to customize the sign the way you want. (I.E. in the first pic, typically it says no to swearing, smoking etc....I wanted it changed to yes. No problem. Done). Kept constant contact to let me know the status.
    Anyway, I've told him about Pinside and told him he should come on over here and offer his services. I guarantee you, if anyone buys his signs you won't be disappointed. Here are pics of the two I ordered.
    Reg

Sign 1.JPG 245 KB

sign 2.JPG 197 KB

I bought that sign with NO on it from him over a year ago and love it. Can't beat the price and beautiful craftsmanship.

#33 9 years ago

Hi goingincircle, thanks . I do use stencils whenever possible. For letters and such I do have a computer for cutting those. The alien on the othe hand is totally different. Since it was a one time deal I just hand cut an outside stencil and just free hand the details with an airbrush and paint brushes. The whole key to airbrushing is in the shadows and fading of colors to make it look real. Airbrushing adds a whole different effect to everything.

#34 9 years ago

Just posting here to add that I ordered a sign a few days ago. Mike couldn't have been easier to work with. I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm only seeing the .ca version of his ebay store listed above, so I'll add his US ebay page for everybody's reference:

ebay.com link: bvillesigns

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beautiful-signs-for-your-pin-room and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.