Hot dog (resized).jpg
C8DC4F89-4F05-4503-B760-4DDB299CBDA3 (resized).png
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
hype-train-fail (resized).jpg
backboard-excess (resized).jpg
naked-spinner (resized).jpg
beatles-toys-11 (resized).png
639AD88A-6C71-4E30-94B7-F38D938EA052 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago

Beatles all the way!

A licensed theme noone ever thought would happen vs. a beer drinking holiday that only lasts a few weeks out of the year?

No brainer for sure!

#8 5 years ago

The only question left is which version of The Beatles most of pinside will be buying.

But that is for another thread altogether.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Which pin would you rather have Beatles or Seawitch?

I'm thinking both! Except will the Beatles playfield and cabinets hold up as well as Seawitches have?

Although I have previously been pretty outspoken about old rock band pinball machines,
I think this time they finally nailed it.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBallPeteFromSD:

Is this a spoof video stern released?

What does that mean?

They are the king of of releasing bands that used to be famous pinball machines and now they actually land a band with some substance and rock and roll royalty, and now it's a joke?

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

$10k++ for that Beatles is insane.

Have they released prices yet?

Yeah who wants to pay good money for a game themed after the biggest selling and most influential rock and roll band of all time when surely a cheaper REO Speedwagon or Styx game will be out in a few short years.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBallPeteFromSD:

Just because they are the king of doing it does not make them the king of doing it right. For instance look at what they did to the elvis pin. This machine looks like a cash grab retheme.
What I meant was I hope this demo video was some cruel joke to all us that wanted a Beatles pin. I was part of that group till I saw this heap. Just because it's branded do's not make it worth my hard earned 10k.

Sure, I myself would have loved to have seen a full blown psychedelic LSD inspired Beatles game with a black lite topper and songs like "I Am The Walrus", "Helter Skelter", "She Said, She Said" and the fab four with long hair, full beards, and bloodshot eyes.

But reality is this is modern pinball that now has to be "family friendly" and drugged out references would certainly be a no no. There is no way they could have ever done justice to what this game could have been in today's homogenized pinball climate.

So what I see is an awesome layout similar to one of the great ones, and presenting this band the only way today's pinball manufacturers can or know how within the restraints of what their customers have come to expect .

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I understand it needs to be family friendly

And that's the bottom line right there.

As Bob Dylan noted long ago. "The times they are a changin' "

Although the times have kind of changed back from what he was singing about.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

O-din, where do you see adding ramps to this one? I may get one if you come up with a good idea for a ramp.

I haven't really thought about that yet.

But if pinside insists that is the #1 major reason they don't like this game, then I will put on my thinking cap and go to work.

#37 5 years ago

How long til the "Where's the Beatles Topper" rant?

Well pinsiders, no need waiting and spending all that cash when o-din's already got ya covered!

beatles-toys-11 (resized).pngbeatles-toys-11 (resized).png
#40 5 years ago

Totally off topic, but am I the only one seeing this thread in duplicate?

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

So far it only seems like fiive songs
1 All my loving
2 It won't be long
3 Ticket to Ride
4 Drive my car
5 I should have known better

All in all that's still an overall better list than what Rolling Stones had, and there will probable be several more that are not labeled on the playfield.

How quickly some of you forget how IMDN had zero, I mean zero songs off either of their first two albums that featured a much better singer than the songs they did use.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Have you seen them live? They are awesome.

Styx? Yeah, like in 1979. I wonder what the girls we took to that show look like now.... or maybe not.

We saw Judas Priest the night before so that Styx / April Wine show became a lot less memorable.

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Its a shame how true this is.

Yes it is.

For those of us that never bought into this political correctness thing and like what we have to be cutting edge and more or less on the fringe, the pinball industry has for the most part, left us behind a long time ago.

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

FWIW, AP has apparently decided that Molesto the Monkey is not such a hot corporate mascot after all, and will be dropping him from the production backglass.

https://www.facebook.com/1196647007026809/posts/2222346211123545/

The PC pinball police strike again!

Next thing you know, they will have to come up with a new name for "balls".

I'm guessing that "Father Knows Best" pinball machine may soon become a reality after all.

#129 5 years ago

So they are getting rid of the monkeys because of what a few pinsiders have complained about?

Boy, this once hearty "we don't care if it is PC or not, in fact the less of that the better" industry sure wilts under a little bit of moaning and groaning now.

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How does you daughter and her friends feel about it? How about all your hippie surf buddies? You won't find many who disagree with you here, that's for sure.

They probably wouldn't care, but might find it an amusing joke.

I just find it hard to believe they missed complaining about the lady about to stuff a big fat juicy hot dog in her mouth.
Hot dog (resized).jpgHot dog (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't know if it was pinsiders, but it wasn't here, it was on their FB apparently.

Maybe they released their apology on FB, lol, but everybody here should know by now the PC police are thick as thieves on pinside.

Quoted from KHL:

The depiction of this monkey assaulting these women is just a true "WTF"... c'mon americanpinball are you really going to say this meets your claim of being a "family friendly" title? This looks real bad, you should change this while there is still time.
[quoted image]

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Honestly Odin, I don't know if you are trolling or what, but we already have a thriving thread where you can revel in just how closed-minded and regressive Pinside is. Why not join your brethren over there in the Monkey Rape love thread? It's a safe space bro!

Honestly Levi, I don't spend my off days keeping up with the latest and greatest pinside threads, so I get a little behind.

But how's you're Beatles lovefest thread going? Have you convinced yourself to buy one yet?

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But as a former Kapow! customer I'd think you'd be more susceptible than I to taking the plunge.

As a former Kapow! customer, I feel I am actually less likely to take the plunge. Maybe when they get around to that Beverly Hillbillies game that was listed as one of the options. Maybe.

But like you, I'll play it. No way do I want it in my house though.

#147 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

you will love beatles and hate the rapist monkey.

As long as they get that butcher baby topper done before most buyers hit the senior living facility, I'm sure everything will be fine.

the_beatles_butcher_cover_pix_session_alternate (resized).jpegthe_beatles_butcher_cover_pix_session_alternate (resized).jpeg
#149 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Were they ripping off The Who with that one?

Not sure I get that. Which Who album or art?

From wikipedia-

" The album is remembered primarily for the controversy surrounding its original cover image. Taken by photographer Robert Whitaker, and said to be the Beatles' statement against the Vietnam War, this "butcher cover" image showed the band dressed in white smocks and covered with decapitated baby dolls and pieces of raw meat. Others said it was the Beatles protesting the fact that their North American albums had been 'butchered' - switched around and not as originally intended. "

#151 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Reminded me of this for some reason:

I was thinking Sell Out might be what you are talking about. I still have it on vinyl.

1967 on that one, Yesterday and Today was 1966.

It would be a shame if they tried to water any of these themes down to make them more politically correct to fit today's pinball standards.

It's the rebelliousness of the counter culture that brought many fans in to begin with.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

when I show my kids one of my favorite comedies I'm going to have to put it in context for them so they don't think I'm A-OK with speaking faux-Spanish gibberish to the maids or calling the black man in a suit with a microphone "Sammy."

I always tell my kid something like "this is what it was like when white people could say just about anything, and most thought it was funny instead of getting offended. But it's still OK to do if you are not white."

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Should never be combined with certain words like .. balls deep, balls a-pop-in...

So are you inferring no way on a remake of this one?

2d8313fe4ff61ca00035882e7bc7840c (resized).jpg2d8313fe4ff61ca00035882e7bc7840c (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-vs-oktoberfest?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.