• The Beatles 26 votes
    8%
  • Oktoberfest 273 votes
    85%
  • Undecided 23 votes
    7%

(322 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2d8313fe4ff61ca00035882e7bc7840c (resized).jpg
The_who_sell_out_album_front (resized).jpg
the_beatles_butcher_cover_pix_session_alternate (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
Hot dog (resized).jpg
C8DC4F89-4F05-4503-B760-4DDB299CBDA3 (resized).png
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
hype-train-fail (resized).jpg
backboard-excess (resized).jpg
naked-spinner (resized).jpg
beatles-toys-11 (resized).png
639AD88A-6C71-4E30-94B7-F38D938EA052 (resized).jpeg
WALLET (resized).jpg

There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 1 year ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

It looks cool but not at 7500 bucks, when Deadpool is bad ass for 5700

Oktoberfest is loaded at $7,400. A Stern Pro does not compare to the build quality and features in an API machine. A Stern Premium versus API is a more interesting comparison.

#102 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This poll desperately needs a “neither” option because i and many others wouldnt buy either one of these games.

Think of it as a this or that.

#103 1 year ago

The thing is what will they be worth 2 years after purchase?

#104 1 year ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

As for Octoberfest... not interested in this game either because they're overcharging for it. It looks cool but not at 7500 bucks, when Deadpool is bad ass for 5700 or the new Monster Bash is even less. Octoberfest is going to sink into forgot all about it when Munsters comes out, Monster Bash, and all the rest. The game is just way to expensive. I would be interested in Octoberfest at 6500 maybe but not at 75

If you're going to compare Oktoberfest to Deadpool it should be DPLE, not the Pro based on features. Personally I don't think DP Pro shoots worth a damn.

#105 1 year ago

I'll say Ocktoberfest.

Only because the music is 20 years newer.

#106 1 year ago

There's really nothing to compare unless Ringo and Paul are getting groped by a monkey.

#107 1 year ago

If you are gonna have monkeys as part of the art, where is "Why Don't We Do It in the Road?"

#108 1 year ago
Quoted from Billy16:

If you are gonna have monkeys as part of the art, where is "Why Don't We Do It in the Road?"

Wouldn't "Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey" be more appropriate? (also a much better song)

#109 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Styx? Yeah, like in 1979. I wonder what the girls we took to that show look like now.... or maybe not.
We saw Judas Priest the night before so that Styx / April Wine show became a lot less memorable.

Styx was the warm up band for Queen; 76 or 77 maybe? ..... Toledo. The crowd booed them off the stage after the second song.

#110 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ok then Octoberfest it is then!

#111 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Not "This" and surly not "That" is there something else.

#112 1 year ago

Neither

#113 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Wouldn't "Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey" be more appropriate? (also a much better song)

Better song for sure, but the other tune has a more interesting story behind it.

#114 1 year ago

I sense lots of compromise happening in the development of this game. Whatever a seller sells as exciting, what is less exciting is what had to happen to make it happen. Stern approached the licensor, not the other way around, yes? I'm guessing that the licensor wanted to keep it clean, unwilling to license the post-Maharishi Beatles or maybe Stern couldn't afford it, so Stern had to make what they could out of the early Beatles, coming up with the 1964 gimmick and, from that, factor in the "Limited Edition" crowd plus the crazy-gotta-have-it Beatles fanatics in the world by coming up with the 100+250+1614=1964 angle, again probably a compromise that penciled out. Whatever the license cost Stern, sounds like Stern used an old playfield design to keep design and production costs down so they could pay the piper and still make some money. To sell it, they went cutesy-poo on the nostalgic artwork. The artwork looks oriented to a broad market. Or maybe others here can pontificate on this. My hunch is that the usual millionaires in this hobby will all have one of these. There are a lot of Beatles freaks that aren't in the hobby that might buy one.

#115 1 year ago

The wife is a huge Beatles fan, but she absolutely hates the look of it. I will admit I like the spinning record, and surprised that hasn't been done before. It should have been a Sgt Peppers theme IMO and less pastel.

#116 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The wife is a huge Beatles fan, but she absolutely hates the look of it. I will admit I like the spinning record, and surprised that hasn't been done before. It should have been a Sgt Peppers theme IMO and less pastel.

It’s been done multiple times:

See twister, Lost in Space, and more recently, X-men.

#117 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s been done multiple times:
See twister, Lost in Space, and more recently, X-men.

Oh I know spinners have been used, I was just referring to it actually being a record for a music themed pin.

#118 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Look I don’t really care who buys what. But if it were my money I’d probably pass On the one with the monkey molesting two women who just look so delighted it’s happening.
I know I know, lighten up Francis etc....it’s just Pinball tradition to have
Monkeys grabbing ass and vag...

FWIW, AP has apparently decided that Molesto the Monkey is not such a hot corporate mascot after all, and will be dropping him from the production backglass.

https://www.facebook.com/1196647007026809/posts/2222346211123545/

#119 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Not "This" and surly not "That" is there something else.

Thunderbirds

Good times to be in the hobby right?

#120 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

FWIW, AP has apparently decided that Molesto the Monkey is not such a hot corporate mascot after all, and will be dropping him from the production backglass.

They just made the original artwork a collectors item--be interesting to see how many come up on the marketplace.

#121 1 year ago
Quoted from Billy16:

They just made the original artwork a collectors item--be interesting to see how many come up on the marketplace.

What is funny is that I do not believe that the monkey is even grabbing them. He's after the hotdog the girl is holding. It is just a photoshop 'mistake' or peoples quick on the trigger assumptions that everything in the world is bad. Of course, I have no idea if this is true or not, and unless I missed it, I doubt the artist is going to publicly say 'yea, he's grabbing their butts'.

#122 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What is funny is that I do not believe that the monkey is even grabbing them. He's after the hotdog the girl is holding. It is just a photoshop 'mistake' or peoples quick on the trigger assumptions that everything in the world is bad. Of course, I have no idea if this is true or not, and unless I missed it, I doubt the artist is going to publicly say 'yea, he's grabbing their butts'.

You've already said 950 times how you and your wife feel about this.

Monkey is CLEARLY grabbing a chick's ass and thrusting his hand up another's skirt. Pinside is 97 percent FURIOUS that there are people who don't think this should be on a pinball machine in 2018.

And this is the hill Pinside has decided to die on? Can't say I'm surprised.

AP made a business decision. If you don't agree with it, boycott them.

#123 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The PC pinball police strike again!

Next thing you know, they will have to come up with a new name for "balls".

I'm guessing that "Father Knows Best" pinball machine may soon become a reality after all.

#124 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You've already said 950 times how you and your wife feel about this.
Monkey is CLEARLY grabbing a chick's ass and thrusting his hand up another's skirt. Pinside is 97 percent FURIOUS that there are people who don't think this should be on a pinball machine in 2018.
And this is the hill Pinside has decided to die on? Can't say I'm surprised.
AP made a business decision. If you don't agree with it, boycott them.

This comment is completely different to the other discussion and I had made a slight mention that this picture could be misconstrued. Upon further investigation I do think it probably was. If you truly know what I've posted then you woudln't even have replied because you would know I don't care one way or the other about the monkey.

#125 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This comment is completely different to the other discussion. If you truly know what I've posted then you woudln't even have replied because you would know I don't care one way or the other about the monkey.

I read enough of your posts in the other thread to know you care about it more than anything else on planet earth, along with dozens of other guys here.

I really don't know what's wrong with you guys.

#126 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I read enough of your posts in the other thread to know you care about it more than anything else on planet earth, along with dozens of other guys here.
I really don't know what's wrong with you guys.

Then you completely missed the point. But apparently only the 'offended' have the right to say anything.

#127 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Then you completely missed the point. But apparently only the 'offended' have the right to say anything.

"The offended" is ONE GUY posting on that thread, and 50 others monkey piling on him for not thinking monkey rape is funny.

So...not sure what your point is. That thread is a safe space for the unwoke. Clearly, you can say WHATEVER YOU WANT THERE and have the right to say anything without fear of anything but upvotes.

Hey, did you know that a monkey can't be charged with sexual assault under U.S. law? I learned that there! Thanks guys!

#128 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"The offended" is ONE GUY posting on that thread, and 50 others monkey piling on him for not thinking monkey rape is funny.
So...not sure what your point is. That thread is a safe space for the unwoke.

Well it isn't just one guy, and it was a discussion. That's what a forum is for. Discussions. We aren't always going to agree all the time. For the most part, for such a 'touchy' subject it has been civil.

#129 1 year ago

So they are getting rid of the monkeys because of what a few pinsiders have complained about?

Boy, this once hearty "we don't care if it is PC or not, in fact the less of that the better" industry sure wilts under a little bit of moaning and groaning now.

#130 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

So they are getting rid of the monkeys because of what a few pinsiders have complained about?
Boy, this once hearty "we don't care if it is PC or not, in fact the less of that the better" industry sure wilts under a little bit of moaning and groaning now.

No, they are getting rid of it for something ZERO pinsiders complained about because they almost all agree with you that it's awesome and that it being changed is pretty much the worst thing to happen since 9/11.

Women in the pinball community brought it up and complained directly to the company, and they agreed it was a mistake, apologized, and said they'd change it.

How does you daughter and her friends feel about it? How about all your hippie surf buddies? You won't find many who disagree with you here, that's for sure.

#131 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No, they are getting rid of it for something ZERO pinsiders complained about because they almost all agree with you that it's awesome and that it being changed is pretty much the worst thing to happen since 9/11.
Women in the pinball community brought it up and complained directly to the company, and they agreed it was a mistake.
How does you daughter and her friends feel about it?

If my daughter is wearing those kind of clothes at a beer drinking festival, she deserves to get her ass slapped by a monkey.

#132 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How does you daughter and her friends feel about it? How about all your hippie surf buddies? You won't find many who disagree with you here, that's for sure.

They probably wouldn't care, but might find it an amusing joke.

I just find it hard to believe they missed complaining about the lady about to stuff a big fat juicy hot dog in her mouth.
Hot dog (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#133 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't know if it was pinsiders, but it wasn't here, it was on their FB apparently.

#134 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't know if it was pinsiders, but it wasn't here, it was on their FB apparently.

Maybe they released their apology on FB, lol, but everybody here should know by now the PC police are thick as thieves on pinside.

Quoted from KHL:

The depiction of this monkey assaulting these women is just a true "WTF"... c'mon americanpinball are you really going to say this meets your claim of being a "family friendly" title? This looks real bad, you should change this while there is still time.
[quoted image]

#135 1 year ago

Honestly Odin, I don't know if you are trolling or what, but we already have a thriving thread where you can revel in just how proudly closed-minded and regressive Pinside as a whole is. Why not join your brethren over there in the Monkey Rape love thread? It's a safe space bro!

Why shit up this beautiful Beatles parody hatethread?

#136 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Honestly Odin, I don't know if you are trolling or what, but we already have a thriving thread where you can revel in just how closed-minded and regressive Pinside is. Why not join your brethren over there in the Monkey Rape love thread? It's a safe space bro!

Honestly Levi, I don't spend my off days keeping up with the latest and greatest pinside threads, so I get a little behind.

But how's you're Beatles lovefest thread going? Have you convinced yourself to buy one yet?

#137 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Honestly Levi, I don't spend my off days keeping up with the latest and greatest pinside threads, so I get a little behind.
But how's you're Beatles lovefest thread going? Have you convinced yourself to buy one yet?

It had a really good run - I think more posts than any of the non-primary hatethreads! But as you know, if you truly love a thread, you must set it free.

I've certainly convinced myself it's going to be a great game to play. But as a former Kapow! customer I'd think you'd be more susceptible than I to taking the plunge. I'm just happy there will be some on location in NYC for to me play, soon.

#138 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But as a former Kapow! customer I'd think you'd be more susceptible than I to taking the plunge.

As a former Kapow! customer, I feel I am actually less likely to take the plunge. Maybe when they get around to that Beverly Hillbillies game that was listed as one of the options. Maybe.

But like you, I'll play it. No way do I want it in my house though.

#139 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Honestly Odin, I don't know if you are trolling or what, but we already have a thriving thread where you can revel in just how proudly closed-minded and regressive Pinside as a whole is. Why not join your brethren over there in the Monkey Rape love thread?

LMAO wow. If this is your takeaway you have issues.

#140 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

LMAO wow. If this is your takeaway you have issues.

Issues? I have opinions, just like you and Mrs. Zablon.

Try not to get offended.

#141 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Issues? I have opinions, just like you and your wife.
Try not to get offended.

Oh I'm not offended. I just can't take people with that extreme mentality seriously.

#142 1 year ago

Yeah, this is the kind of thing people with non-extreme mentalities open their "civil" arguments with..."LMAO really, SJW in a pinball thread?"

#143 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah, this is the kind of thing people with non-extreme mentalities open their arguments with..."LMAO really, SJW in a pinball thread?"

Yep. And apparently you didn't get beyond the first post as you were so triggered.

#144 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yep. And apparently you didn't get beyond the first post as you were so triggered.

I read pages of it and it was all garbage, especially but not limited to your contributions.

#145 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I read pages of it and it was all garbage, especially but not limited to your contributions.

Of course it was, because you clearly disagree and can't seem to separate emotion from common sense. (are we done yet? It's just pointless bickering at this point).

#146 1 year ago

some of you guys manginas is getting really big. you will love beatles and hate the rapist monkey.

#147 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

you will love beatles and hate the rapist monkey.

As long as they get that butcher baby topper done before most buyers hit the senior living facility, I'm sure everything will be fine.

the_beatles_butcher_cover_pix_session_alternate (resized).jpeg
#148 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

As long as they get that butcher baby topper done before most buyers hit the senior living facility, I'm sure everything will be fine.[quoted image]

Were they ripping off The Who with that one?

#149 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Were they ripping off The Who with that one?

Not sure I get that. Which Who album or art?

From wikipedia-

" The album is remembered primarily for the controversy surrounding its original cover image. Taken by photographer Robert Whitaker, and said to be the Beatles' statement against the Vietnam War, this "butcher cover" image showed the band dressed in white smocks and covered with decapitated baby dolls and pieces of raw meat. Others said it was the Beatles protesting the fact that their North American albums had been 'butchered' - switched around and not as originally intended. "

#150 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not sure I get that. Which Who album or art?
From wikipedia-
" The album is remembered primarily for the controversy surrounding its original cover image. Taken by photographer Robert Whitaker, and said to be the Beatles' statement against the Vietnam War, this "butcher cover" image showed the band dressed in white smocks and covered with decapitated baby dolls and pieces of raw meat. Others said it was the Beatles protesting the fact that their North American albums had been 'butchered' - switched around and not as originally intended. "

Reminded me of this for some reason:
The_who_sell_out_album_front (resized).jpg

But maybe The Beatles had something different in mind (and maybe they did it first anyway).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside