Hot dog (resized).jpg
C8DC4F89-4F05-4503-B760-4DDB299CBDA3 (resized).png
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
hype-train-fail (resized).jpg
backboard-excess (resized).jpg
naked-spinner (resized).jpg
beatles-toys-11 (resized).png
639AD88A-6C71-4E30-94B7-F38D938EA052 (resized).jpeg
There are 207 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 5 years ago

Oktoberfest

Hi my name is Berto and I like to Drink 1. Cheers

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

All in all that's still an overall better list than what Rolling Stones had, and there will probable be several more that are not labeled on the playfield.
How quickly some of you forget how IMDN had zero, I mean zero songs off either of their first two albums that featured a much better singer than the songs they did use.

Agreed every time I play Rolling Stones I can't believe it does not have most of there popular songs they did not even put in Gimme shelter, paint it Black, and i can't get no satisfaction.

#53 5 years ago

Where's the 10k number for Beatles coming from? You could buy any 1978 SS and save yourself 9k, looks pretty uninspired.

I could see operators buying it for like 3k add simple, classic, easy to pick up pin for casual players.

But 10k is just silly.

#54 5 years ago

Is stern trying the “street level” approach to playfield design?

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I could see operators buying it for like 3k add simple, classic, easy to pick up pin for casual players.

Hard to do that when the machine has no ability to take money. Unless the operator is a bar where everything is free play, but I'm not even sure that would be allowed with the license.

#56 5 years ago

Neither......Beatles looks worse than I even imagined....this video real?

#57 5 years ago

I love how no expense was spared on details like themed spinner frame covers to hide ugly okie-joe wiring because it's the DIAMOND edition, and that means every possible detail was polished to perfection...wha? Wait, it...it wasn't?:
naked-spinner (resized).jpgnaked-spinner (resized).jpg

And the backboard is 5 lights and a sticker for maximum immersion in the theme:
backboard-excess (resized).jpgbackboard-excess (resized).jpg

The hype train for this officially derailed:
hype-train-fail (resized).jpghype-train-fail (resized).jpg

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from BenB:

Is stern trying the “street level” approach to playfield design?

No they are reproducing some of their classic layouts. I wish they would’ve just remade a few of their classic titles though.

I hope to play this as I’m sure it’s fun, but I feel the price will be crazier than when Mellons came out.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Neither......Beatles looks worse than I even imagined....this video real?

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm not a Beatles fan, but damn, that table wouldn't get my interest if it played my favorite 10 songs ever, through high tech speakers.

#60 5 years ago

Glad they were able to reuse the Magneto captive disk...

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcadevudoo:

Glad they were able to reuse the Magneto captive disk...

Could be NOS from the Twister parts bin when they absorbed SEGA stuff...

#62 5 years ago
maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
#63 5 years ago

100% Oktoberfest, no question. I love the Beatles as a band, and if I had to pick between the Beatles and Oktoberfest in the real world (band vs party) it would be the Beatles, but this is Pinball and the Oktoberfest machine looks much much better.

#64 5 years ago

Guys, Guys. Your all missing the point.
Beatles Is marketed to the Baby Boomer crowd. Over 65 can only Buy this pin.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm curious on pricing. Hearing 7200 for Oktoberfest.
How much is Beatles, how many songs, and who coded it?

Looks like Lonnie could code the Beatles. Because Stern won't sell many,

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I love how no expense was spared on details like themed spinner frame covers to hide ugly okie-joe wiring because it's the DIAMOND edition, and that means every possible detail was polished to perfection...wha? Wait, it...it wasn't?:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

My baby said she's trav'ling on the one after 909

#67 5 years ago

I'm a huge Beatles fan, their music influenced my attitude on life.

I'm all set with that expense. Oktoberfest looks awesome, as does MBR SE at that price point.

#68 5 years ago

Beatwitch. I just coined that. That’s my term. I own it.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Beatwitch. I just coined that. That’s my term. I own it.

Just shorten it to B-itch. There, I coined that. Will there be a B-itch club thread when this is released? (not like there's not a ton already on Pinside)

#70 5 years ago

Boring.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Have they released prices yet?
Yeah who wants to pay good money for a game themed after the biggest selling and most influential rock and roll band of all time when surely a cheaper REO Speedwagon or Styx game will be out in a few short years.

I'm all in on a Styx. Have you seen them live? They are awesome.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I noticed that.

That lack of attention to detail in a Diamond edition would drive me nuts.

I love those classic Stern spinners and this one has ugly wire over it!!

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Have you seen them live? They are awesome.

Styx? Yeah, like in 1979. I wonder what the girls we took to that show look like now.... or maybe not.

We saw Judas Priest the night before so that Styx / April Wine show became a lot less memorable.

#74 5 years ago

When will pricing be announced?

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

When will pricing be announced?

Nov 6th i believe

#76 5 years ago

why a double thread post ? curious .

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from luch:

why a double thread post ? curious .

Think Pinside glitched when I tried to edit the poll options. I only wanted two poll options and it wouldn’t let me delete the 3rd option, instead it deleted the poll. Then I put it back.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sure, I myself would have loved to have seen a full blown psychedelic LSD inspired Beatles game with a black lite topper and songs like "I Am The Walrus", "Helter Skelter", "She Said, She Said" and the fab four with long hair, full beards, and bloodshot eyes.
But reality is this is modern pinball that now has to be "family friendly" and drugged out references would certainly be a no no. There is no way they could have ever done justice to what this game could have been in today's homogenized pinball climate.
So what I see is an awesome layout similar to one of the great ones, and presenting this band the only way today's pinball manufacturers can or know how within the restraints of what their customers have come to expect .

Its a shame how true this is.

Im in the 35-40 age group. Not a huge beatles fan, but if Stern would have themed this more after the Beatles of the early 70's I would be way more inclined to play it and even possibly purchase. Guess I was expecting something more themed towards Sgt. Peppers Loney Hearts Club Band, black light topper and all

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Its a shame how true this is.

Yes it is.

For those of us that never bought into this political correctness thing and like what we have to be cutting edge and more or less on the fringe, the pinball industry has for the most part, left us behind a long time ago.

#80 5 years ago

Oktoberfest looks like a really fun game! So disappointed in a Beatles re theme

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes it is.
For those of us that never bought into this political correctness thing and like what we have to be cutting edge and more or less on the fringe, the pinball industry has for the most part, left us behind a long time ago.

I just watched the preview video from Stern for the first time. Puke.

#82 5 years ago

Can’t wait to try Octoberfest, really not interested in the Beatles but I’ll always play a pin at least once.

#83 5 years ago

Hmmm ionno pinbeerfest

C8DC4F89-4F05-4503-B760-4DDB299CBDA3 (resized).pngC8DC4F89-4F05-4503-B760-4DDB299CBDA3 (resized).png
#84 5 years ago

192 to 15....Hilarious

Nice F bomb rant K man. It's YOU that doesn't F ing get it. F ing joke!!!!

It SUCKS and you should put the crack pipe down when you roll out a podcast like that.

You must have had to commit to a 1/2 dozen of these babies to flip the way you are pumping this thing!!!

Good bi polar back and forth nonsense though, so now YOU get it on your next podcast

#85 5 years ago

Nice to see one of the satellite hate threads coming back to life!

Look I don’t really care who buys what. But if it were my money I’d probably pass On the one with the monkey molesting two women who just look so delighted it’s happening.

I know I know, lighten up Francis etc....it’s just Pinball tradition to have
Monkeys grabbing ass and vag...

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nice to see one of the satellite hate threads coming back to life!
Look I don’t really care who buys what. But if it were my money I’d probably pass On the one with the monkey molesting two women who just look so delighted it’s happening.
I know I know, lighten up Francis etc....it’s just Pinball tradition to have
Monkeys grabbing ass and vag...

I was looking for the love fest thread Levi but couldn't find it again!

Are you getting a Diamond or Platinum Beatles?

#87 5 years ago

Oh my gosh, the results of this poll should be alarming to Stern. People can disparage Pinside all they want, but it is the single biggest collection of pinball buyers in the world. Sure there are buyers outside of Pinside but if your game isn't connecting with Pinside, how many can it possibly sell? Ownership stats of Pinsiders are pretty representative of the overall success of a game.

When Batman66 was announced there was lots of excitement here, in addition to the criticisms of the SLE. The response so far for Beatles seems very one sided.

#88 5 years ago

On a related note, I just checked the KISS shop, they dropped their LEs. No longer listed for sale after not selling any for 3 years. I wonder where they went.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-online-offering-50-signed-limited-edition-machines

The whole KISS thing to me showed how much the non-pinhead buyers could be counted on. Answer: not much.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The whole KISS thing to me showed how much the non-pinhead buyers could be counted on. Answer: not much.

The price of a pinball machine sounds like insanity to anyone who hasn't already been indoctrinated into our cult.

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The price of a pinball machine sounds like insanity to anyone who hasn't already been indoctrinated into our cult.

A pinball-addict anonymous class , or a self help course is in order to stop people throwing insane money at new games .

Once you look at it sober, you realise how nuts it all has become ..

#91 5 years ago

This pinball shit is getting out of hand.

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

This pinball shit is getting out of hand.

I might sell games to get some new games, my sunk costs are what they are, but not really feeling at all motivated to put more money into the pit myself.

#93 5 years ago

Well luckily there are plenty of fine games, NIB even, that don't cost anywhere near these.

#94 5 years ago

If you remember I made a joke that the Beatles pin was changed to the Monkeys. That’s pretty much what happened lol. Oktoberfest by a mile.

#95 5 years ago

This poll desperately needs a “neither” option because i and many others wouldnt buy either one of these games.

#96 5 years ago

Beatles looks SILLY. The songs for the Beatles are the ones no one likes so I'll take a SERIOUS HARD PASS on Beatles. I will not own one even if you gave it to me... it looks basic, silly, and just not interested.

As for Octoberfest... not interested in this game either because they're overcharging for it. It looks cool but not at 7500 bucks, when Deadpool is bad ass for 5700 or the new Monster Bash is even less. Octoberfest is going to sink into forgot all about it when Munsters comes out, Monster Bash, and all the rest. The game is just way to expensive. I would be interested in Octoberfest at 6500 maybe but not at 75

#97 5 years ago

Imagine there's a Beatles pin. It has your favorite songs (the good ones and something for everyone). Kapow puts in 50 tunes and upgrades the sound (amp and speakers). Stern announces this is what you’ll get for the gold model at $7.5k, along with magnets and spinning record disc plus new rules. Artwork to be improved from the garbage they’ve shown (maybe add a few monkeys).

That might excite me enough to consider this pin. As it stands there is little value offered. Current model might sell at $4k, so at $7.5k it will spend its life sitting in a box in a warehouse beside the platinum and diamond editions in boxes. Sad.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Imagine there's a Beatles pin. It has your favorite songs (the good ones). Kapow puts in 50 tunes and upgrades the sound (amp and speakers). Stern announces this is what you’ll get for the gold model at $7.5k, along with magnets and spinning record disc plus new rules. Artwork to be improved from the garbage they’ve shown.
That might excite me enough to consider this pin. As it stands there is little value offered. Current model might sell at $4k, so at $7.5k it will spend its life sitting in a box in a warehouse beside the platinum and diamond editions in boxes. Sad.

Indeed...almost no development cost, no expensive mechs, big price tag. Hmmm. We've been making ourselves easy targets.

#99 5 years ago

Imagine the Beatles pin - it doesn’t have a catapult that throws the ball 20” in the air like Houdini. It doesn’t have great artwork like Deadpool. It doesn’t have 31 chapters and 5 movies to achieve like JJPOTC. No this is the Beatles - and it has 50 songs. Impossible not to sing along with while you play, because the music sounds like it is coming from heaven. It is a technological breakthrough and is being rolled out in the Beatles pin. It makes MBr sound old school and antiquated. Beatles pin is looking like a squandered opportunity.

Instead, we have Seawitch with photoshopped Beatles art, 8 marginal tunes and allegedly the same normal sound system. This evolution is no revolution, and that SUX.

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

This evolution is no revolution, and that SUX.

To be fair, The Beatles hit “Revolution” didn’t get released until 1968.

Then again, Oktoberfest started in 1810 and that pin looks more like an evolution.

Grew up a Beatles fan but $7500-8000+ for either game new is a ton of scratch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,282 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 207 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-vs-oktoberfest/page/2?hl=bud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.