21%
  • Thunderbirds 40 votes
    17%

(237 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

de0e313d8837ad453fd460e7f32ef07f--the-beatles-dream-bedroom (resized).jpg
beatles-toilet-1 (resized).jpg
50830bc9-cfb3-411c-b489-c029a02c23e7_1.480d87f6280fac8cfd0eb68d1399af27 (resized).jpeg
boxprizes (resized).jpg
new-target (resized).jpg
Drake-Rihanna-Adonis (resized).jpg
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Like gun to your head and you actually had to choose.

#2 5 years ago

I don't usually enjoy your dark sarcasm, @TheLaw, but, damn this thread title is funny and spot on!

#3 5 years ago

Add mafia to the poll I think I will have to go with the Jetsons even though it stinks it's still the coolest theme and will probably be much cheaper then the Beatles. It's amazing that these games make space jam and hard body look amazing.

#4 5 years ago

beat dominos the one time i played it at TPF and didnt finish my ball

thunderbirds at pinburgh wouldnt shoot the ball out of the trough

jetsons i couldnt walk away from fast enough

beatles i might have to use the gun you mentioned.

soo, id have to go with thunderbirds, it might actually have code and play like a real game but i dont have enough info.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Add mafia to the poll...

I left it off because I thought it would ruin away with it...but I could be wrong.

#6 5 years ago

Is there a "buy one, get one free" option?

#7 5 years ago

Yes, yes, add Mafia to the poll please.
Are we voting for best of the turds or best turd?

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is there a "buy one, get one free" option?

More like a buy one get the rest free option.

#9 5 years ago

I've played Domino's before and it wasn't the worst game I've ever played. There is a Thunderbirds locally that has been there for about a month and only worked for 3 games total. I vote Domino's for what it's worth.

#10 5 years ago

Just pull the trigger please

#11 5 years ago

Honestly going to have to give Stern the benefit of the doubt vs these duds.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Honestly going to have to give Stern the benefit of the doubt vs these duds.

I guess. The others are proven duds, Beatles just looks like a dud so far. Although it looks far from amazing, I think it's the anticipated price point of Beatles that hurts it the most.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It's the anticipated price point of Beatles that hurts it the most.

Exactly. What if beatles plays the best but it's 3k+ more than the others? Gotta factor that in.

#14 5 years ago

Beatles all the way, great music and what looks to be a fun classic play field.
I love how pin heads over re-act without the full picture

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What if beatles plays the best but it's 3k+ more than the others? Gotta factor that in.

It already looks like it will play better than Ghostbusters or Kiss. And a few others I won't name ....

#16 5 years ago

Played the dominos pin at Myrtle Beach Pinball museum. It wasn’t horrible, so it gets my vote

#17 5 years ago

How many bullets are inthe gun?

#18 5 years ago

Magic Girl.

Magic Girl Shrine.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

How many bullets are inthe gun?

For you?

#20 5 years ago

Nice poll. Jetsons no doubt!

#21 5 years ago

Based on the rumored Beatles pricing you should make it Beatles or the other 3.

#22 5 years ago

I voted NO.

#23 5 years ago

Dominos, Jetsons, Beatles, and Thunderbirds in that order. Having said that, the top three could have probably been in any order. It's a trade-off of gameplay, artwork, theme, rules, etc. All are lacking in at least one area. Plus, I just don't think they can compete with other games in their respective price ranges.

#24 5 years ago

I've played all of them (if you include Sea Witch), and Sea Witch plays the best...so Beatles?

The only one that sticks out here for me is Thunderbirds. I put about six games on it this weekend and it's easily one of the worst games I've ever played. Just wretched.

#25 5 years ago

Dominos is actually a fun shooter. Any chance we can Re-Skin it to a real Beatles pin?

#26 5 years ago

I agree. Besides theme, I'm not sure why Dominos gets such a bad reputation.

#28 5 years ago

Wait for the pricing before you make a decision.

#29 5 years ago

Forget the TWIPY and just give them all a CRAPPY instead.

Good to see that perpetually delayed marketing strategy is unsurprisingly not paying off for the Homepin brand as well.

Too little too late.

#30 5 years ago

I have never stared at a poll so long before I just didn't vote.
Man I hope they have something more to show on Beatles.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Beatles all the way, great music and what looks to be a fun classic play field.
I love how pin heads over re-act without the full picture

The remaining Beatles details will only make the reaction worse. Just wait. It's not a "best is yet to come" situation.

#32 5 years ago

is this Beatles for real or is this a joke ? Looks like complete crap

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Add mafia to the poll.

Agreed.

...and where the hell is Punchy The Clown?

#34 5 years ago

Drake finally de-throned the Beatles this week.

12 top ten hits in less than a year!

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/23/659785834/on-the-charts-drake-beats-the-beatles-again

Drake-Rihanna-Adonis (resized).jpgDrake-Rihanna-Adonis (resized).jpg
#35 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Like gun to your head and you actually had to choose.

I'd choose death. Geez, no winning across the board there.

#36 5 years ago

Where is the Thunderbirds unboxing video and review from SDTM?

#37 5 years ago

I guess I would have to go with BeatlesWitch.

#38 5 years ago

With some of the reactions I've read today, perhaps pinsiders will think twice from now on before hyping any more old rock band pinball machines.lol

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Where is the Thunderbirds unboxing video and review from SDTM?

With the trouble they had unloading the Deadpool after they gave it a fitting grade of "mediocre," they'd NEVER be able to unload Thunderbirds if all the impressions are correct...

#40 5 years ago

The only thing that i can see that those games would be good for is firewood.

#41 5 years ago

Keep in mind beatles will likely cost a lot. But of course many of us know it's a great playing game, and we could probably make a OG art cover up.
Looking forward to playing but seriously the spinning disk and magnet... Strange.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

seriously the spinning disk and magnet... Strange.

At least they are showing a spinning disc system that is tried and true and actually works.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Keep in mind beatles will likely cost a lot. But of course many of us know it's a great playing game, and we could probably make a OG art cover up.
Looking forward to playing but seriously the spinning disk and magnet... Strange.

There's also a new standup target behind the 3 targets on the lower left of the playfield that isn't there on Seawitch. Maybe that's a Diamond edition exclusive, though.
new-target (resized).jpgnew-target (resized).jpg

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

With the trouble they had unloading the Deadpool after they gave it a fitting grade of "mediocre," they'd NEVER be able to unload Thunderbirds if all the impressions are correct...

I'll at least give them credit for their honesty though.

Just the fact TBAG had to end up landing in the US in order to get honest reviews and feedback speaks volumes about the status and differing priorities of the pinball scene in both of our countries.

Hindsight being 20/20 but the prototype TBAG should have been sent to the US from the start for genuine honest feedback which would at least have provided a window for revisions and improvement rather than being shuffled up and down along the East Coast down here hoping to find someone to bite that wasn't an obvious shill or had a direct conflicting commercial interest in profiting off it.

Now there is the absurd situation where the manufacturer is trying to retrofit a metal ramp that was designed for a plastic version onto production machines that are already sitting NIB in overseas retailer's inventory.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Hindsight being 20/20 but the prototype TBAG should have been sent to the US from the start for genuine honest feedback which would at least have provided a window for revisions and improvement rather than being shuffled up and down along the East Coast down here hoping to find someone to bite that wasn't am obvious shill or had a direct conflicting commercial interest in profiting off it.

Unfortunately the whole thing was run more like a pet project. You're describing something more like a business.

#46 5 years ago

The 1 thunderbirds ive found locally is next to 10 or so other pins and was set on free play and still no one was playing. The only intriguing thing I’ve found about it is the “optical illusion” tube (main ramp) that when not hit hard enough appears to defy gravity and shoot ball back out. That’s intriguing about 2 or 3 times. Then I was done.

Jetsons- 1 game and I was done. Just terrible.

Beatles - hard to say w/out being able to play it.. might be ok to play but I’d need that gun to the head to own one. At least it will have good music and a proven layout.

Dominoes was ok couple times I played it, probably the winner of the worst lot here or second place to Beatles.

#47 5 years ago

Hmmmmm......

So, if I were opening my packet of cereal, which one would I want to be my free gift?

Beatles I guess

boxprizes (resized).jpgboxprizes (resized).jpg
#48 5 years ago

Remember, Beatles is a tried-and-true layout. Bet it plays nice.

Also remember, even the worst Stern is better than Thunderbirds, which is objectively the worst modern game ever.

#49 5 years ago

I see in the other thread people saying "Beatles is for the over 50 crowd"

I'm 56 and left all the other rock bands that have pinball machines behind a long time ago.

I have no idea who any of these games are marketed to.

Vid said it would be cool in one of those throwback diners, and I could definitely see that.

#50 5 years ago

We may all be surprised to find the extent of input Paul Mcartney and Yoko had over this design, they are both control freaks. Dhani Harrison even, perhaps he wanted it this way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

10,282 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8,700.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-vs-domino-s-vs-jetsons-vs-thunderbirds?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.