• Domino's 56 votes
    24%
  • Jetsons 48 votes
    21%
  • Thunderbirds 40 votes
    17%

(232 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

de0e313d8837ad453fd460e7f32ef07f--the-beatles-dream-bedroom (resized).jpg
beatles-toilet-1 (resized).jpg
50830bc9-cfb3-411c-b489-c029a02c23e7_1.480d87f6280fac8cfd0eb68d1399af27 (resized).jpeg
boxprizes (resized).jpg
new-target (resized).jpg
Drake-Rihanna-Adonis (resized).jpg

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 months ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Remember, Beatles is a tried-and-true layout. Bet it plays nice.
Also remember, even the worst Stern is better than Thunderbirds, which is objectively the worst modern game ever.

Nah,.. I just played Monopoly in an arcade at lunch,.. good grief, What were they smoking when they dreamed that game up,.. Stern still had days off in the design department,.. just my opinion of course

#52 4 months ago

I'm not sure which of those games is the best, but Thunderbirds is easily the worst. It's just a terrible game in almost every way.

#53 4 months ago
Quoted from NPO:

I'd choose death. Geez, no winning across the board there.

Really? Because in my opinion , the absolutely worst pinball machine ever is still far better than death , and this list is certainly no where near the worst of the worst .

#54 4 months ago

I’ve made peace with the Beatles thanks to Levi’s love thread.
It really has the superior layout of the four options.

LE Domino’s with the Noid is more in my theme wheelhouse though.
Gameplay is more than decent enough for a quick AMH rehash. Too bad it didn’t get made with Spooky’s new system. They could’ve really went to town on the Domino’s theme with full color LCD display and of course, fancier graphics/sounds/music.

Jetsons could’ve been amazing had the client went ALL in on the theme with a more robust BOM. Artwork was Jetsons-y enough for the casual fans but, again. Could’ve been expanded upon.

Tird-der-birds is supposedly getting it’s center ramp reconfigured. Guess I’ll have to play that one if/when Banning gets it’s replacement.
As it currently stands, code/layout/sounds/music/lightshow/made shot-fanfare, it’s probably the most un-fun WTF?!? Jackie Chan meme crazy-a$$ $#!t modern pinball machine I’ve ever come across.
And yes, I’ve played Zingy Bingy.

#55 4 months ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm not sure which of those games is the best, but Thunderbirds is easily the worst. It's just a terrible game in almost every way.

Can you be more specific? I thought we aren't allowed to say, "This game stinks" or "This game is trash" without giving specific reasons why.

#56 4 months ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Can you be more specific? I thought we aren't allowed to say, "This game stinks" or "This game is trash" without giving specific reasons why.

Naw this is my thread; if a game sucks it sucks.

#57 4 months ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

The game is simply not fun. The layout is weird, and not in a good way. The center ramp is horribly designed, and if you are lucky enough to get the ball all the way up there, it doesn't lead to anywhere exciting. The multiball is also way too easy to achieve. You can backhand that ramp all day long. I played for about 25 minutes. My score was over 300 million and I was bored to tears. I ended up letting my last ball drain on purpose in order to put myself out of my misery. Is that specific enough?

#58 4 months ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Is that specific enough?

Yep. Had I not said anything, you probably wouldn't have explained yourself.

#59 4 months ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Yep. Had I not said anything, you probably wouldn't have explained yourself.

It was PTSD from playing it - those who have experienced it don't want to talk about it and relive the horror.

#60 4 months ago
Quoted from jwilson:

It was PTSD from playing it - those who have experienced it don't want to talk about it and relive the horror.

Exactly how I feel after playing any of the Spooky games. Difference is, I get in trouble for saying they are boxes of hot brown rain.

#61 4 months ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

We may all be surprised to find the extent of input Paul Mcartney and Yoko had over this design, they are both control freaks. Dhani Harrison even, perhaps he wanted it this way.

I doubt it.

I can't see Yoko or Paul worried about the designs on all those toilet seats "Why you no have padded seat????" "I want no slam hinges. These hinges look noisy at night"

"This bottle hard to open." "I spill tea all over my hand" "Why cheap plastic this one?"

They will put the Beatles name on any piece of crap
50830bc9-cfb3-411c-b489-c029a02c23e7_1.480d87f6280fac8cfd0eb68d1399af27 (resized).jpeg
beatles-toilet-1 (resized).jpg

de0e313d8837ad453fd460e7f32ef07f--the-beatles-dream-bedroom (resized).jpg
#62 4 months ago

Looking forward to playing but seriously the spinning disk and magnet... Strange.

That was the young Twister....

#63 4 months ago

I agree with those who have said Domino's because it is a good shooter. Every shot is taken from a pin of some note. Ie: skill shot is Congo, through and through. Orbits are super tough to shoot and pops are tough to get as well.

Thunderbirds is the worst here...and it breaks my heart to say that as I'm sure the owner put in a great deal of work to get it as far as he did.

Tough to do a poll like this when nobody has played Beatles, but I hear you...

#64 4 months ago

i guess i'd take a supreme

#65 4 months ago

The magnet makes sense. They needed somewhere for the ball to stop to start the modes.
The spinning disk, not so much....

Quoted from chad:

Looking forward to playing but seriously the spinning disk and magnet... Strange.
That was the young Twister....

#66 4 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The magnet makes sense. They needed somewhere for the ball to stop to start the modes.
The spinning disk, not so much....

I like the spinning 45 rpm disc record. Fits the era/theme and believe all these singles were release on 45.

Nice that it should provide some randomness to balls heading down the middle. If I recall Seawitch has many drain down the middle.

#67 4 months ago

I think it’s refreshing to see Stern do something different than just cranking out repeat ramp layouts. I can’t beleive people are hammering on it so hard without even seeing it in action yet. Not every pinball machine is meant to be liked by everyone. Plenty of other choices out there if this machine isn’t for you, but why bitch about it? I don’t get it

#68 4 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I think it’s refreshing to see Stern do something different than just cranking out repeat ramp layouts. I can’t beleive people are hammering on it so hard without even seeing it in action yet. Not every pinball machine is meant to be liked by everyone. Plenty of other choices out there if this machine isn’t for you, but why bitch about it? I don’t get it

I agree 100%. It’s one thing to bitch about pricing and I agree it’s overpriced but it looks like a very good game with some nice rules and I kind of dig the retro vibe art, growing on me. I’m a bit biased as I do like the Beatles but from a pinball perspective it just looks like slightly modernized good old fashioned pinball fun.

Instead of beating the pin up, deflect the anger towards Kapow/Stern!

#69 4 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Plenty of other choices out there if this machine isn’t for you, but why bitch about it? I don’t get it.

Did you just join Pinside? Bitching is what we do best!

#70 4 months ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Did you just join Pinside? Bitching is what we do best!

Especially the moderators!

#71 4 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Well allow me to clear up why all the hate. If they release this at a 3k price point, you'd be 100% right. It's a new (well, remake) layout that you no longer see. That's not the issue. It's that they're gonna charge 7 or 8k (or most likely a lot more) for $1500 worth of parts. That's where people have their undies in a knot.

#72 4 months ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I doubt it.
I can't see Yoko or Paul worried about the designs on all those toilet seats "Why you no have padded seat????" "I want no slam hinges. These hinges look noisy at night"
"This bottle hard to open." "I spill tea all over my hand" "Why cheap plastic this one?"
They will put the Beatles name on any piece of crap
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

They sure have restricted all access to the movie Let It Be, even though die hard fans are still clamoring to see an updated version with the full rooftop session. This is the biggest potential offering they currently have profit wise. I'm pretty sure Mcartney reviewed the proposal and had final say on a large item like a pinball machine.

#73 4 months ago
Quoted from jorant:

Well allow me to clear up why all the hate. If they release this at a 3k price point, you'd be 100% right. It's a new (well, remake) layout that you no longer see. That's not the issue. It's that they're gonna charge 7 or 8k (or most likely a lot more) for $1500 worth of parts. That's where people have their undies in a knot.

If what I’ve heard is true, live footage, 8 Beatles songs, Ed Sullivan sound and clips and Cousin Bruce callouts, that has to have a pretty high price in comparison to the music pins that have been released so far.

#74 4 months ago

It’s a market driven economy. If there is a market for high priced Beatles machines they’d be dumb not to sell them for market value. Nothing to get mad at, just the way it is. The retro layout fits the Beatles nicely.

#75 4 months ago

I’ll just wait for Predator. Can you add that to the poll?

#76 4 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

But they're not doing something different. They're re-skinning an existing game (almost exactly). Something Stern has done a LOT of. They just dug further back for this reskin source material.

#77 4 months ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

They sure have restricted all access to the movie Let It Be, even though die hard fans are still clamoring to see an updated version with the full rooftop session. This is the biggest potential offering they currently have profit wise.

Same with Doctor Who.

Fans cry for new prints in 4K or lost episodes that don't exist.

They found some "forever lost" copies in Africa at a former BBC station, so stuff does come up

(you can get a free, actual Dalek if you have any "lost" copies in your possession.)

Quoted from phil-lee:

I'm pretty sure Mcartney reviewed the proposal and had final say on a large item like a pinball machine.

Paul says that the new version of "Let It Be" documentary comes out in 2020, but you can tell he does not have a lot of input or control over it:

"
“We keep talking about [a re-release],” he said. “We have meetings at Apple, you know, the original Beatles Apple. And it’s one of the things you never quite know what’s gonna happen with it. So there’s no [definite] story at the moment. But I keep saying ‘what’s gonna happen?’, because people ask about it.

“I tell you what I think it’s gonna happen,” McCartney continued. “I think there may be a new version of it. That’s kind of the latest gossip. There’s a lot of footage, and the original movie came out, and it was really sort of about the break-up of The Beatles. And so for me, it was a little sad, the movie.
"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 104.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball USA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 129.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OHIO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside