• Latest reply 5 years ago by Aipotu
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9B4AC80F-6383-49C7-9D3B-5DDA52FE54B9 (resized).jpeg
0DC7923A-94DA-47E8-85B5-8B22A53B0C02 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 5 years ago

Beatles is also a great multi-player game. Was playing with 3 heavy hitters at my home and everyone loved it. 4 player game took about 15 minutes. OTOH, IMDN 4 player game took nearly 1 hour!

The vibe I got was Beatles was a very pleasant surprise and Munsters was "meh". Those were the 2 new kids on the block...everyone already liked IMDN, but acknowledged it's not the best 4 player game...ball times are just too long.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Bang for the buck is a thing.
For example, people always try to make prices irrelevant when talking about bad themes..."Shadow's a bad theme but people love the game!" ...always forgetting many collectors paid $2k or less for their bad-theme/good-games like Shadow, Congo, BSD...that's more palatable than $9500 for a new POTC.
Price is absolutely relevant to a game's reputation when it's a game that's currently being sold brand new. This is a forum of collectors, not just location players.

Bang for the buck isn't a thing when talking about recently designed/manufactured NIB games. They are all expensive!

For all of us, the "value equation" is different I guess. I consider my most expensive game (TRON LE) the best "bang for the buck" since I play it more than anything else. SWLE is another pricey game that I almost never play (I respect it, but it makes my head hurt...not such a great BFTB.

Looking at the price paid is kind of irrelevant, since it's fairly easy to cash out of a game without getting hurt too bad (in this current market, at least).

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

For me, it's principal. Beatles was trying to cash grab, especially w/ the mid/higher priced models. I don't respect that. As for the $8k version - as a customer I have tons of other choices that offer more for less. Simple as that.
In any case, the OP claimed its an underrated game. Price is a huge part of why.

I totally agree on the Platinum/Diamond Editions! Whenever I talk about Beatles pricing, the Gold is implicit. Stern tried to throw their distros a bone. I don't believe Stern is profiting from the Platinum/Diamond editions. I don't think the experiment worked well...

I don't see how a games rating should be related to it's price. Makes no sense, since MM is an obvious example of a game that shot through the roof yet was still considered one of the best games of all-time.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I'm the biggest Beatles fan I know. And that's the problem. I don't think that this game does them justice. Of course, my expectations were sky high. The greatest theme of all time mandates that the greatest game of all time (or at least one of the all-time greats) is made. I would actually like this game a little better if it was any other theme because then I'd still have it my mind that a Beatles game is coming and it's going to be great. The dream would still be alive. Do you know what I mean?

Disclosure: I admire/respect the Beatles musically, but it's not the genre of music I listen to normally (so you sound like a bigger "fan"). I was 3 years old when these tunes were released.

The folks that designed the machine were clearly focused on a very specific time period. From that perspective, they did an awesome job. It sounds like you were looking for a broader treatment of the theme.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I can't say I would without a doubt, because I wouldn't pay 8k for it, but yes the theme certainly kills it for me. Not because it's The Beatles, but because the awful pastels and videos. The pinball gameplay itself was okay, but not anything a dozen other pinballs of the old era didn't offer for cheaper.

The lighting, audio, & video are outstanding and won't be found on "old era" games. It's a thoroughly modern retro design. It's also NEW. 80's era games are very difficult to find in great condition.

I get you don't like the theme, colors, videos, but you get what you pay for. I own Fathom/Centaur restorations and they are pricey. No problem with player condition 80's games, but they definitely wouldn't play as fast as Beatles (and certainly won't have modern lighting/audio/video).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 8.00
10,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethesda, MD
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-under-rated?tu=snaroff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.