• Latest reply 5 years ago by Aipotu
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9B4AC80F-6383-49C7-9D3B-5DDA52FE54B9 (resized).jpeg
0DC7923A-94DA-47E8-85B5-8B22A53B0C02 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago

Beatles is way too new to be either overrated or underrated so please stow this thread for about 5 years.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Can we get a sticky thread directory for all the threads people have made trying to justify their purchase of the Beatles to people who never asked for justification?

We already have one. The Original BEATLES KAPOW! thread continues to run at full strength, providing safe haven for those who want to continue to whine about Beatles, as well as those who continue to pump it up.

#30 5 years ago

If it were a $3k game, it would be even more palatable!

If it were a $2k game, the palatability level would be OFF THE FREAKIN' CHARTS!

Do I dare think of how palatable it might be if it were...gasp...$1k?!?!?!

Alas, it's $8K. So here we are.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Bang for the buck is a thing.
For example, people always try to make prices irrelevant when talking about bad themes..."Shadow's a bad theme but people love the game!" ...always forgetting many collectors paid $2k or less for their bad-theme/good-games like Shadow, Congo, BSD...that's more palatable than $9500 for a new POTC.
Price is absolutely relevant to a game's reputation when it's a game that's currently being sold brand new. This is a forum of collectors, not just location players.

Don't you think it's silly to suggest ANY pro pinball machine is "palatable" at $4k in 2019?

It's never gonna happen. Ever. The entry level for an actual commercial pinball machine is about $5500 now.

So I'm gonna say imaginary prices below that are simply not palatable.

Also, last I checked they are selling Beatles games. Only Hilton thinks this game is some kind of disaster that's going to bankrupt Stern. Like it or not a $7-8000 Beatles appears palatable, if not exactly winning popularity contests on Pinside.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The $5500 games have ramps and at least one toy/mech. Beatles has less than a Pro, so OF COOUUUURSE it's going to be judged for being priced at $8k-$20k or whatever the sucker edition goes for.
Stern sells home games for less than Pros. Even Spider-Man Home had ramps. Beatles is less than a home game.

What do you think ramps cost? You think 2 of them makes a game worth $5500 instead of $4000?

I hate to break it to you but plastic ramps are cheap AF. Beatles doesn't not have ramps to save money. It's got three DT banks for christs sake!

Let's count some coils...

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's just a feature baseline. Something expected on an expensive new game. Think Stern would sell many Munsters w/ no ramps at $8k?

TNA did just fine without ramps, no?

#48 5 years ago

Yay! Let's all rehash the same Beatles arguments that never ended in the Hilton thread.

I blame the OP!

For a game nobody gives a shit about we sure can't stop talking about it.

1 week later
#103 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Would someone please tell my how many times The Beatles appear on the pin, please? The topper is 1. The back glass is 2. Left side is 3. Right side is 4.
It seems like every Beatles bubble gum card picture I had as kid is on this pin.

Not an Iron Maiden fan I see.

There's about 75 Eddies on that game, no hyperbole.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

10,282 (OBO)
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 8.00
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-under-rated?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.