• Latest reply 5 years ago by Aipotu
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9B4AC80F-6383-49C7-9D3B-5DDA52FE54B9 (resized).jpeg
0DC7923A-94DA-47E8-85B5-8B22A53B0C02 (resized).jpeg
There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago

Tried it, loved it.
Hell lots of fun, great songs (and it's not even my generation), gorgeous arts...
For the me it's the perfect match between the old and new pinballs.
That pinball is awesome and really caoture all the old and new trends.

BUT

My wife will hate it (no ramp, too "simple")
Price tag way too high, with 10K (price here...) my wife and I would more likely prefer to buy a second JJP...
If one day (though I highly doubt it) I can get it second (or twelth, whatever) hand for 4000, then I might think about it.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yay! Let's all rehash the same Beatles arguments that never ended in the Hilton thread.
I blame the OP!
For a game nobody gives a shit about we sure can't stop talking about it.

but here you are...per usual

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'd love one if the secondary market price of the gold approaches TNA pricing.

If Stern doesn't produce a second run of these games don't plan on The Beatles dropping in price on the secondary market any time soon! Especially the Golds. If Stern does produce a second run, which isn't currently scheduled for the next few months, once again, don't plan on The Beatles dropping in price on the secondary market any time during their roll out.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

If Stern doesn't produce a second run of these games don't plan on The Beatles dropping in price on the secondary market any time soon! Especially the Golds. If Stern does produce a second run, which isn't currently scheduled for the next few months, once again, don't plan on The Beatles dropping in price on the secondary market any time during their roll out.

I figure Stern will finish the run and sell out. Most distributors should be able to sell out of the Golds. But I don't think the Golds will hold much value on the secondary market. If anything Stern needs to knock them out before a lot of them hit the secondary market in another year or two.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

For me, it's principal. Beatles was trying to cash grab, especially w/ the mid/higher priced models. I don't respect that. As for the $8k version - as a customer I have tons of other choices that offer more for less. Simple as that.
In any case, the OP claimed its an underrated game. Price is a huge part of why.

I totally agree on the Platinum/Diamond Editions! Whenever I talk about Beatles pricing, the Gold is implicit. Stern tried to throw their distros a bone. I don't believe Stern is profiting from the Platinum/Diamond editions. I don't think the experiment worked well...

I don't see how a games rating should be related to it's price. Makes no sense, since MM is an obvious example of a game that shot through the roof yet was still considered one of the best games of all-time.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Makes no sense, since MM is an obvious example of a game that shot through the roof yet was still considered one of the best games of all-time.

It shot through the roof due to gaining a well deserved reputation over time. It didn't launch at $20k. That's the natural path of an out of production game with limited numbers & high demand (until it was remade lol). That's far different than trying to sell a game brand new at that price. Beatles is an artificial "collectible". Only decades will determine if it's a real one.

#57 5 years ago

Everyone (mostly haters) keep listing the price for "The Beatles" pin as 8K. I know it is a minor issue but I would assume with a little checking around the pin can be had for around $7,650 (maybe $7,600). In early December I paid $7,700 for my Gold (because I was a repeat customer). I love it. I especially like that the playfield is not cluttered up with all the bells and whistles and ramps that usually appear on pins. You haters can bitch about the price until the cows come home but I have not read one post from an owner that regrets buying it. Not one!

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from jamesdeloris:

Everyone (mostly haters) keep listing the price for "The Beatles" pin as 8K. I know it is a minor issue but I would assume with a little checking around the pin can be had for around $7,650 (maybe $7,600).

Oh well in that case I'll take 3!!!!

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Don't you think it's silly to suggest ANY pro pinball machine is "palatable" at $4k in 2019?
It's never gonna happen. Ever. The entry level for an actual commercial pinball machine is about $5500 now.
So I'm gonna say imaginary prices below that are simply not palatable.
Also, last I checked they are selling Beatles games. Only Hilton thinks this game is some kind of disaster that's going to bankrupt Stern. Like it or not a $7-8000 Beatles appears palatable, if not exactly winning popularity contests on Pinside.

Here’s the deal. There are NIB machines selling routinely for 8k, 9k and higher, MSRP. There are also plenty of “restored” machines (is anyone going to really argue that these are definitely, de facto, better quality than NIB?) that were new 20 - 25 years go, hell even 30 years ago, selling for $8k or close to it.

And people think THE BEATLES, without doubt the best and most expensive license of ALL TIME, is “way overpriced” at $8k? Look at the game, compared to any Stern Premium, and tell me there’s “so much” less value. Bullshit.

I do not want to pay $8k for a game. Any game. Never have. But I’ve played the Beatles and it’s freaking fun. It’s theoreically one of those true “keeper games”, whose cost will decline (or become irrelevant) the longer you own and enjoy it. It’s a true keepsake. A conversation piece. A collectible. And a bitchin’ pinball. Maybe it is overpriced. But don’t tell me that any Stern LE is a markedly “better value”. That’s just bullshit.

Because Beatles, for one. And a whole lot of other reasons. And I’m pretty sure I’ll own one someday, despite my being a total freaking miser.

Because BEATLES for one. And, oh yeah (yeah yeah) the game is fun as hell.

#60 5 years ago

Oh, and if you have a Beatles Gold, and would prefer a kick ass, modded HUO IM plus a solid players condition WCS (nice playfield), contact me.

Yup, I just went there.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

But don’t tell me that any Stern LE is a markedly “better value”. That’s just bullshit.

No Stern LE or cash grab game is a good value. They're charging for luxury goods, but don't now how to make them. All models have the same cost-cut build quality. $15k Batman Super LE's have splitting cabinets because they didn't include corner braces. Only buy expensive Sterns if you're mega-rich, love the license more than anything, and don't care if it falls apart over time.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The $5500 games have ramps and at least one toy/mech. Beatles has less than a Pro, so OF COOUUUURSE it's going to be judged for being priced at $8k-$20k or whatever the sucker edition goes for.
Stern sells home games for less than Pros. Even Spider-Man Home had ramps. Beatles is less than a home game.

TNA ~ $6000 is close in doo dads no ramps but I’d argue TNA has more value in the full color inserts, better sound system nicer side rails, topper etc.

I suppose you can say the Beatles has magnet, spinner, drop targets so the featuress cancel out. But The Beatles is still a grand more minimum.

I think TNA is worlds better than The Beatles (others don’t agree). But at least TNA costs $1k less. And likely TNA will be more rare.

Was at an arcade and the Beatles was being played more than TNA so what do I know? Just my opinion TNA >>>> Beatles but others will feel the opposite.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

TNA didn't sell for $8k-$25k. Also it's phenomenal. Beatles is mediocre AF.

I understand that you work in cartoons. Surely an art form. But there ain’t no cartoon nowhere, no time - including Yellow Submarine - that’s equals the popular, cultural, artistic and historical phenomenon of The Beatles.

Mediocre AF? Dude, you’re better than that.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The $5500 games have ramps and at least one toy/mech. Beatles has less than a Pro, so OF COOUUUURSE it's going to be judged for being priced at $8k-$20k or whatever the sucker edition goes for.
Stern sells home games for less than Pros. Even Spider-Man Home had ramps. Beatles is less than a home game.

It doesn’t have “less” than SW pro, unless you insist that ramps make a game. And I own SW pro, and it’s one of the best games I’ve ever had.

And “world wise”, Beatles > SW. Every day and twice on Sunday. Not even fucking close.

Oh, and since I know you worship toy story (another cartoon), in every way possible (except, potentially, pinball, lol) Beatles >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Toy Story. Not even fucking close.

#65 5 years ago

But there ain’t no cartoon nowhere, no time - including Yellow Submarine - that’s equals the popular, cultural, artistic and historical phenomenon of The Beatles.
Mediocre AF? Dude, you’re better than that.

I was talking about the game, not the license.

I love music themes, so Beatles license should carry the game a little bit for me...but I found the game incredibly boring. I'd rather play Elvis, GnR, Tommy, Stern Rolling Stones...

Oh, and since I know you worship toy story

Worship? Where are you pulling this from?

Cartoon? Dude...animated feature, please.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I figure Stern will finish the run and sell out. Most distributors should be able to sell out of the Golds. But I don't think the Golds will hold much value on the secondary market.

Stern may well do as you say. They probably will, but there's no plans to do so this year. They may get back to making more of them this year, but they are in no rush to do so.

I don't agree that Golds won't hold their value. This game is a keeper. You won't see many on the secondary market anytime soon. Word is getting out about how much fun it is and how great it looks in people's homes. The high price initially stung the pinball NIB market. The market will get over it in due course.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

'd love one if the secondary market price of the gold approaches TNA pricing. $5.5k is about the ceiling I'd pay for it and I do think the Beatles is better than TNA (although I do love those in-line drops...)

I think those who are wanting a bargain in the secondary market will be in for a long wait. As word gets around that Beatles is a fun pin to play, I think those sitting on the sidelines are gaining confidence that they will not be buying a dog and won't take a big hit should they decide to sell.

I have played TNA several times. I like TNA but don't want to own it. TNA is not for the novice pin player. OTOH, everybody is talking about how fun Beatles is to play.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I think those who are wanting a bargain in the secondary market will be in for a long wait. As word gets around that Beatles is a fun pin to play, I think those sitting on the sidelines are gaining confidence that they will not be buying a dog and won't take a big hit should they decide to sell.
I have played TNA several times. I like TNA but don't want to own it. TNA is not for the novice pin player. OTOH, everybody is talking about how fun Beatles is to play.

Recency bias.

And I say that as someone who thinks The Beatles and TNA are two of the best newer games out there

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yay! Let's all rehash the same Beatles arguments that never ended in the Hilton thread.
I blame the OP!
For a game nobody gives a shit about we sure can't stop talking about it.

Some dopes don't understand what the iconic theme of the "Beatles" actually means and the long shot of even obtaining that license and the value thereof.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Some dopes don't understand what the iconic theme of the "Beatles" actually means and the long shot of even obtaining that license and the value thereof.

That certainly seems to be what Stern was banking on... "obtain that license and the value thereof" means we can lay an egg on the game and people will buy anyway.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

That certainly seems to be what Stern was banking on... "obtain that license and the value thereof" means we can lay an egg on the game and people will buy anyway.

It's not an "egg" dude. Lol. Or maybe its a golden egg? It's just a fun pin and blast to play.

The jelly haters don't bother me.

#72 5 years ago

Underrated? Very!

#73 5 years ago

I love the Beatles...they taught me how to play piano and the drums. Coincidentally I love pinball, the price was up there but I’m not disappointed in the game. Pinball machines are expensive, period. Ramps, toys, video modes ....there are plenty of other games with that. The Beatles machine sound awesome and feels really really good.

#74 5 years ago

People who know pinball/play pinball and dislike the game either hate The Beatles or are pinball snobs..... some I will give a pass because games are subjective like music. I also loved Gotlieb s Gladiators. All pins are good pins. Some are just more fun than others.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Amen Ice (Ice Baby!)

Quoted from Rarehero:

I was talking about the game, not the license.
I love music themes, so Beatles license should carry the game a little bit for me...but I found the game incredibly boring. I'd rather play Elvis, GnR, Tommy, Stern Rolling Stones...

Worship? Where are you pulling this from?

Cartoon? Dude...animated feature, please.

You and I have gone back and forth already on the fact that some grown men (like you) love the idea of a Toy Story machine and some (like me) think it’s babyish and lame.

As far as music pins go, I think you’re just being harsh. I’ve been reading your opinions for years, and generally agree. Of course your one dimensional issues with TF and X-MEN only served to prevent you from enjoying super fun, smooth shooting games. But I expect more from you with regard to The Beatles playability. Be honest, you really never got the Beatles, as a band, did you?

#76 5 years ago

I had nothing good to say about this game and slammed it from day one. Well....I got to play one today at Marvin's and I unfortunately have to eat all my words. It was a really fun game to play, and I loved the fact that it played songs all thru playing it instead of the stupid limited sound clips on Elvis. Damn...crow tastes terrible but I ate it.

#77 5 years ago

Amen Ice (Ice Baby!)

You and I have gone back and forth already on the fact that some grown men (like you) love the idea of a Toy Story machine and some (like me) think it’s babyish and lame.
As far as music pins go, I think you’re just being harsh. I’ve been reading your opinions for years, and generally agree. Of course your one dimensional issues with TF and X-MEN only served to prevent you from enjoying super fun, smooth shooting games. But I expect more from you with regard to The Beatles playability. Be honest, you really never got the Beatles, as a band, did you?

I'm the biggest Beatles fan I know. And that's the problem. I don't think that this game does them justice. Of course, my expectations were sky high. The greatest theme of all time mandates that the greatest game of all time (or at least one of the all-time greats) is made. I would actually like this game a little better if it was any other theme because then I'd still have it my mind that a Beatles game is coming and it's going to be great. The dream would still be alive. Do you know what I mean?

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I'm the biggest Beatles fan I know. And that's the problem. I don't think that this game does them justice. Of course, my expectations were sky high. The greatest theme of all time mandates that the greatest game of all time (or at least one of the all-time greats) is made. I would actually like this game a little better if it was any other theme because then I'd still have it my mind that a Beatles game is coming and it's going to be great. The dream would still be alive. Do you know what I mean?

Not really, should be happy with really good. Actually, really great.

How much would you like to pay for your "Beatle's dream" because I'm sure it doesn't match up with reality.

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

... Do you know what I mean?...

Yes, you have impossible expectations for a theme you are over invested in; pretty common

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

I had nothing good to say about this game and slammed it from day one. Well....I got to play one today at Marvin's and I unfortunately have to eat all my words. It was a really fun game to play, and I loved the fact that it played songs all thru playing it instead of the stupid limited sound clips on Elvis. Damn...crow tastes terrible but I ate it.

It takes a BIG man to admit that! Well done. Hat off to you.

The tide has turned and will soon cover most of The Beatle sceptics. That is, if they eventually play the game and if they are honest, like you.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Disclosure: I admire/respect the Beatles musically, but it's not the genre of music I listen to normally (so you sound like a bigger "fan"). I was 3 years old when these tunes were released.

The folks that designed the machine were clearly focused on a very specific time period. From that perspective, they did an awesome job. It sounds like you were looking for a broader treatment of the theme.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

I think my dislike has something to do with generally not liking early solid state type games. I didn’t like EBD at all and I hear that’s highly rated. The only (“like” early Solid State pin I enjoy is TNA because it’s so intense and fast paced). I just don’t enjoy the gameplay of the Beatles.

#83 5 years ago

Of course your one dimensional issues with TF and X-MEN only served to prevent you from enjoying super fun, smooth shooting games. But I expect more from you with regard to The Beatles playability. Be honest, you really never got the Beatles, as a band, did you?

If you want to have a further conversation with me, stop making accusations and lying about me, my stances & statements.

Rebuttal with facts:

-TF & X-Men both had MASSIVE code problems & physical design problems. Neither are “smooth shooting” without a TON of work on the owners part. From the factory both are very poorly designed, and this has been heavily documented over the years.

-I like the band dubbed “The Beatles”.

Awaiting your apology & will then consider future conversation or adding you to the ignore bin with Ice (who hasn’t realized I haven’t engaged with him for like 3 years). I don’t waste time with disingenuous people.

#84 5 years ago

Game is a lot of fun to play. I don't feel the absence of ramps affects the enjoyment factor (would seem weird to have them IMO). I enjoy the single level playfield. I hope to see more of these single level games come out.

I love the colors, and think the art integration is appealing.

I am not a fan of their music. That's the biggest turn off to me. (Probably how some people feel about some of the other music pins out)

Nice game to visit; I don't anticipate buying one (even if it were cheaper), but I'll be happy to play it.

#85 5 years ago

Not a fan, would rather play seawitch.

Art is awful. Song choices were poor. Love beatles, but why they went with 1964 beatles... Even for 1964 beatles the art is just ugly. Hate looking at it.

Gameplay? We have one for league and its my least favorite. I love breakshot and TNA so the lack of ramps or a simpler layout is fine. The mode setup is kinda lacking for me. Hit spinners! Hit orbits! Hit drops! Oh man, what a fun time we are having...

If I was given one for free, I'd happily sell it to fund something else. Would not even bother to set it up.

#86 5 years ago

Disagree. I ve owned probably 100 games over my life so far... this game feels the best. As far as game play .... it wasn’t t designed to be deep and complicated. I would do it over again if I had too. Monster Bash remake..... I might reconsider.... too easy

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Yes, I get you. I felt exactly the same when the game came out. Kapow/Stern coulda and shoulda done better.

But now we’re in a different phase. The “it is what it is” phase. And what it is is pretty damn charming. It’s a beautiful game that’s fun to play and it plays Beatles songs. That’s pretty OK in my book. Even at $8k.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Awaiting your apology & will then consider future conversation or adding you to the ignore bin with Ice (who hasn’t realized I haven’t engaged with him for like 3 years). I don’t waste time with disingenuous people.

You’re right. And I apologize. I’d actually forgotten about the code issues on both TF and XMen (which did get fixed for the most part). But you’ll forgive me if the only thing that really stands out from that era is you complaining ad nauseum about the voiceover work (and hitting Optimus Prime in the balls).

I owned TFLE and thought it shot very well. I liked the IH playfield and had no problems nutting OP. I do not recall shot or geometry issues with X, other than Optimus being too huge, but then again, I never owned that game and only played it on route. Thought it shot well.

I do take back my unfair characterization. Even if you did incessantly refer to me as “RoboPope” back in the day for my support and enjoyment of TF.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Not a fan, would rather play seawitch. The mode setup is kinda lacking for me. Hit spinners! Hit orbits! Hit drops! Oh man, what a fun time we are having...

So you’re a ramp guy, huh? That’s the only statement missing here. I like ramps too, but I’d rather a no ramp game than a one ramp game, for what it’s worth. And Beatles is chockablock with other stuff.

And, of course, you know...The Beatles.

#90 5 years ago

Quoted from Rarehero:

Oh i realize it, and love it! I get free reign to rebut some of your ridiculous pompous self absorbed nonsense.

That’s as nicely as I can put it

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

I enjoy the single level playfield. I hope to see more of these single level games come out.

Got a question for you. Or anybody. If Stern had come with a 21st Century remake of Seawitch instead of The Beatles, a Seawitch that was all that The Beatles pin is except no music, etc. would those of you who have bought a Beatles consider buying a Seawitch if the price was lower?

If Stern were to produce another single level play field pin, is it something you would consider even if there were no rock star theme?

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Got a question for you. Or anybody. If Stern had come with a 21st Century remake of Seawitch instead of The Beatles, a Seawitch that was all that The Beatles pin is except no music, etc. would those of you who have bought a Beatles consider buying a Seawitch if the price was lower?
If Stern were to produce another single level play field pin, is it something you would consider even if there were no rock star theme?

I can't say I would without a doubt, because I wouldn't pay 8k for it, but yes the theme certainly kills it for me. Not because it's The Beatles, but because the awful pastels and videos. The pinball gameplay itself was okay, but not anything a dozen other pinballs of the old era didn't offer for cheaper.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I can't say I would without a doubt, because I wouldn't pay 8k for it, but yes the theme certainly kills it for me. Not because it's The Beatles, but because the awful pastels and videos. The pinball gameplay itself was okay, but not anything a dozen other pinballs of the old era didn't offer for cheaper.

The lighting, audio, & video are outstanding and won't be found on "old era" games. It's a thoroughly modern retro design. It's also NEW. 80's era games are very difficult to find in great condition.

I get you don't like the theme, colors, videos, but you get what you pay for. I own Fathom/Centaur restorations and they are pricey. No problem with player condition 80's games, but they definitely wouldn't play as fast as Beatles (and certainly won't have modern lighting/audio/video).

1 week later
#94 5 years ago

Beatles topper is awesome!!!

0DC7923A-94DA-47E8-85B5-8B22A53B0C02 (resized).jpeg0DC7923A-94DA-47E8-85B5-8B22A53B0C02 (resized).jpeg
#95 5 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Beatles topper is awesome!!!
[quoted image]

Looks great! As an owner of a "Gold" could I ask you how this thing is hooked up to the pin.

#96 5 years ago

So easy. There s a cap on top of the head. Feed the two wires thru. Plug the one into what looks like a phone jack into the the empty phone jack on the cpu and the other plugs into the power supply aux port on power supply board. There are four screws on the head of the game already that secure the topper down. It took me all of 5 mins. It is a great looking topper that interacts with the game.

9B4AC80F-6383-49C7-9D3B-5DDA52FE54B9 (resized).jpeg9B4AC80F-6383-49C7-9D3B-5DDA52FE54B9 (resized).jpeg
#97 5 years ago

Bought it directly from stern on Tuesday. Came in mail today!

#98 5 years ago

I can walk you thru it if you get it. I ve worked on games for years. It’s not difficult to do. It’s worth it. I’m not disappointed at all

#99 5 years ago

Would someone please tell my how many times The Beatles appear on the pin, please? The topper is 1. The back glass is 2. Left side is 3. Right side is 4.

It seems like every Beatles bubble gum card picture I had as kid is on this pin.

#100 5 years ago

One on location in Minot ND. It is a nice game. Going tomorrow to feed it some quarters.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

10,282 (OBO)
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-under-rated/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.