You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

269E9349-CDC8-4526-B13D-F331C869349A (resized).png
Beatles - Gear with circle (resized).jpg
CEDAC521-76F9-4923-A9DA-971C067DC900 (resized).jpeg
E9420257-3889-4499-9A0D-28B56127E1EC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_8788.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 2 years ago

Mine turns by hand, even with no power. Also, are you running the correct test? There is a Disc magnet test in the Diag section that engages the magnet in the spinner, that will make the thunk/jump thing your video is showing.

There is another test in the 1964 menu that spins the disc.

Not turning by hand means something is binding imo, either the disc is too tight to an edge and can't spin freely, something wrapped around the shaft, or the motor has seized.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Is the jumping up and down in this video simply activating the magnet? Is that why it jumps?

That's my guess. Mine looks like it activates the magnet at the start and then spins the disc until you stop the test.

Quoted from chaz009:

Is it possible for someone to post some pictures of the underside of the spinning disc? Maybe I will "spot the difference".

The pic you posted of the gear box in the motor looks the same as mine. I can't really get a useful picture without taking the whole mech out. I would look at the exploded picture in the manual and see if everything looks correct there. Pretty simple mechanism, motor, shaft, magnet so should be easy to eyeball and make sure nothing is rubbing.

There is also a small motor control board that could be the culprit, though that doesn't explain why the motor can't be spun by hand. When the game is on do you have lights on that board (small board just to the below and left of the motor when playfield is up)? Mine has a red led under the small fuse and a green led lit. If either of those are out the board or fuse on it could be bad.

#24 2 years ago

Wasn’t suggesting the diagram would help take the motor apart. OP was asking for pics of underside of disc, I think the diagram is helpful in that context.

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

For clarification, I said I’m not convinced because the “troubleshooting” was very short and I’m not sure if the entire mech needs to be replaced. I’m sure it will fix the problem.

There is little to no value in them spending a lot of time trying to determine exactly where in the mech the problem is and sending you some some piece that you then have disassemble the mech and fix it yourself. They probably have built mechs sitting on a shelf behind them, they toss it in a box and away they go. It is an easy swap out, and if it still doesn't work for some reason at least there have been a lot of possibilities eliminated.

Just for shits and giggles, knowing you have a replacement part coming you could pull the whole mech out, disassemble and see if you can figure out exactly what went wrong, but I think their approach is the most efficient timewise for the both of you.

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I understand what you are saying but ... in terms of time .... I’m going to waiting probably 4 weeks to have a fully working game after opening a brand new box. If they were able to fix the issue over email (because COVID somehow means them to stopping phone support ... I could have sworn phones still exist) this would be ideal (time wise) for me. A company that is concerned with retaining customer would be dealing with things differently, I would have to believe.

Edit: For the record, I’m not even sure if they are charging me for the part. When speaking to my distributor he said he would get back to me to tell me how much it would be.

I get it. Sucks. The assumption that it would've been something they could've fixed over the phone if they would've just taken more time is not necessarily correct though. It is entirely possible the decision to send a new part was the only reasonable decision, and not sh*tty customer service. Just another perspective to consider.

As for charging you for the part, push back on that hard if it happens. Would be out of character for Stern to require that on a machine you just unboxed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

10,282 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_8788.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-spinning-disc-not-spinning-brand-new-machine?tu=paul_8788 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.