(Topic ID: 265350)

The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Retheme(S)!

By VonPinball

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Vino
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which is Your Favorite Beatles Pinball Mix?!”

• Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 21 votes
    31%
  • White Album 22 votes
    32%
  • Revolver 17 votes
    25%
  • I like the original mix. 3 votes
    4%
  • A different album all together 5 votes
    7%

(68 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EEA4D1B5-4607-459F-87DA-F0F7ADDE50A8 (resized).jpeg
1111 (resized).png
1112 (resized).png
IMG_7061 (resized).jpg
4905DB73-4A0B-44D3-99CC-19F1C6B390B2 (resized).jpeg
EE475FF1-6816-402B-871B-82FE9165B34F (resized).jpeg
96E93D8E-08BB-4D1C-A6BF-FB605C053A82 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Adaminski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 3 years ago

Wow - so fun!!! Both my wife and I really enjoyed this.

Downloaded the SD card raw data, balenaEtcher for Mac (Catalina), cleared the SD card from my old Lumix DMC-LX7, wrote the Beatles software to the SD card, installed, rebooted, and it worked the first time. Just had to remember to reset adjustments to my preferences (like headphone volume controls backbox volume).

Comment from our first play - we liked how you switched out "I Should Have Known Better" with an appropriate substitute!

Thanks, @vongator !!!!

-Adam

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

I just have 4 SD Cards now next to my game and switch back and forth when I feel like it. I think White Album is actually my favorite. The songs fit really well with Pinball. Enjoy!

Just tried White Album. Overall, I like it better than Sgt. Pepper's also. Except for maybe the road song. The pop bumper song is great!!!

Wonder if it's possible to start USSR right at the first lyrics - "Flew in from Miami beach BOAC...." The intro on that song slows things down.

I had 2 extra 16 GB SD cards lying around. Need to scrounge up a 3rd smaller SD card - the others I have are too big & I still use them in cameras.

1 week later
#43 3 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

Done and Done. I personally think the White Album is the best one even though the whole project was just supposed to be Sgt Pepper.

Ahhh... but don't deprecate yourself!

One of your poll options is "Should have left the original alone..."

I submit that even if someone likes the original the best, it doesn't mean that they don't like any of the others or appreciate their availability! Maybe "Original" or "Still like original the best."

#47 3 years ago

I played enough games with all versions, and can now vote in the poll. I personally treated the poll as if I was just voting on the alternative mixes, and rank them as follows:

1) White Album
2) Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
3) Revolver

If I could only have one mix on the existing machine, it would probably be the original mix. But this is only because it is integrated much more smoothly with the callouts and the rest of the package, the songs match the flashing inserts, and the "loops" for the songs fade out and repeat more smoothly when you are in a mode for a long time. I realize part of the problem is that @vongator had to fit the times on the existing sound files.

I'd love to play a 2nd Beatles machine based on assets from Revolver (minus Taxman), Magical Mystery Tour, and Sgt. Pepper's.
I'd love to play a 3rd Beatles machine based on assets from White Album, Abbey Road, and Let It Be.

If I had room and money, I might own all three.

I've read enough about the existing Beatles machine and its licensing, reception, and sales, to guess that we'll never see another Beatles machine. So, I will be happy with the efforts of @vongator !

IMG_7061 (resized).jpgIMG_7061 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#55 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Does anyone know if high scores remain when you switch sd cards back and forth or do they go back to default scores each time you swap an SD card and turn on the game?

Each card is a complete reset, but each card retains it's settings. For instance, any custom settings you may have (headphone control, knocker, ball save time, custom message, etc) are reset to default for each new card. But once you change the settings (and start setting new high scores) the card retains those settings and new high scores.

The different mixes do not share high scores and settings, but retain their own.

#59 3 years ago

I made a temporary trade of Beatles for Stern Star Trek Premium over the weekend. I put the factory mix back in, but included all 3 remixes by @vongator in an SD case in the coin box.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Mead, CO
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Adaminski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-sgt-pepper-s-lonely-hearts-club-retheme?tu=Adaminski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.