(Topic ID: 265350)

The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Retheme(S)!

By VonPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Vino
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which is Your Favorite Beatles Pinball Mix?!”

• Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 21 votes
    31%
  • White Album 22 votes
    32%
  • Revolver 17 votes
    25%
  • I like the original mix. 3 votes
    4%
  • A different album all together 5 votes
    7%

(68 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EEA4D1B5-4607-459F-87DA-F0F7ADDE50A8 (resized).jpeg
1111 (resized).png
1112 (resized).png
IMG_7061 (resized).jpg
4905DB73-4A0B-44D3-99CC-19F1C6B390B2 (resized).jpeg
EE475FF1-6816-402B-871B-82FE9165B34F (resized).jpeg
96E93D8E-08BB-4D1C-A6BF-FB605C053A82 (resized).jpeg
There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 4 years ago

oga83 recently released version 7.03 of PinballBrowser and it is an amazing upgrade that now allows you to replace video assets! I highly recommend checking it out and playing around with it. It's very easy to use.

I've always wished Stern had gone with the "later" Beatles and I went a little wild with it the past week or so with a Sgt Pepper re-theme and replaced all the songs and video assets in the game!

I'm not a graphic designer by any means, but the videos replacements turned out well. I'll be making some further tweaks in the coming weeks as I collect notes and I may change or tweak a song, but it's fun to play for now!

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Retheme:
Drive Link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m5LXJ8cjJrJjH4IOl8nA8jgBBQ-1dFld/view?usp=sharing

Here's a video of me playing a game that gets through to the "Taxman" (Sgt. Pepper) multiball:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/579386834

Taxman - Sgt Pepper (reprise)
All My Lovin - Lucy In the Sky w/ Diamonds
Drive My Car - Good Morning
Ticket to Ride - When I'm 64
It Won't Be Long - Lovely Rita
Should Have Known Better - Getting Better All the Time
Help - Little Help From My Friends
Hard Days Night - Sgt Pepper
Can't Buy Me Love - Day in the Life

The White Album Retheme:
Drive Link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Heb_nA6Tf98RC9TiUHo3MFsxK1zuMgo4/view?usp=sharing

Taxman - Helter Skelter
All My Lovin - Back in the USSR
Drive My Car - Revolution
Ticket to Ride - Why Don't We Do It In the Road?
It Won't Be Long - Ob La Di, Ob La Da
Should Have Known Better - Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey
Help - While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Hard Days Night - Glass Onion
Can't Buy Me Love - Martha My Dear

Revolver Retheme:
Drive Link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XOJvmlclf2rM-vs_16vJbTP8NCGDeIA0/view?usp=sharing

Taxman - uhhh...Taxman...
All My Lovin - Yellow Submarine
Drive My Car - Doctor Robert
Ticket to Ride - And Your Bird Can Sing
It Won't Be Long - Good Day Sunshine
Should Have Known Better - Got to Get You In To My Life
Help - Eleanor Rigby
Hard Days Night - Want to Tell You
Can't Buy Me Love - I'm Only Sleeping

You'll need to flash an SD card (I recommend a Class 10 SD Card with a minimum of 16gb) using the free software Win32DiskImager (https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/). If your computer does not have an SD Card slot, I recommend using a USB adapter similar to this one: https://smile.amazon.com/Anker-Portable-Reader-RS-MMC-Micro/dp/B006T9B6R2/ref=sr_1_3

After that, just turn off the game, swap out the SD card in your backbox with this one, turn it on, and you'll be ready to go. If you want to change back, just put the old SD card back in! The old SD Card will retain your high scores.

Done on Beatles Gold Code, but confirmed to work on Diamond and Platinum.

A big thanks again to @oga83, I recommend everyone give Pinball Browser a shot and play around. It's very intuitive and for $20.00, it's one of the cheapest mods on the market!

#2 4 years ago

If you have a Beatles pin, give this a try, vongator has done a great job on this!

#3 4 years ago

Really cool.

#4 4 years ago

Looks great! I think I'll have to grab an SD card and try this out.

#5 4 years ago

Please let me know if you have any suggestions, I'm still doing little upgrades here and there.

#6 4 years ago

This is awesome ! It makes me want to add a Beatles to my collection . If there were several different sd cards to change around that would be great .

#7 4 years ago

Great work @vongator !! Really enjoying this version. Let me know if you do another album Its fun to change it up.

#8 4 years ago

Great work! Very cool mod to a great game.

#9 4 years ago

Thank you all for the kind words! I think I may switch gears and do White Album next. I think I'm going to keep the videos, but change up the songs and fix the score cover-ups. I'm already dreaming of playing a "Why Don't We Do it in the Road" multiball...

#10 4 years ago

Thanks for doing this! Really looking forward to giving this a try later. Are both the file used to create the card? I've created a card befroe but it was only one file. Thanks for the help.

#11 4 years ago

You only need the big 8gb file, the other .dat file isn't needed.

I updated the Drive link to go straight to the file now.

#12 4 years ago

Simply awesome and can't thank you enough for sharing your creativity!!! Total nube question as I have never messed with the software I assume if something went wrong this is reversible? I just may do this unless I bumble the upgrade...

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Simply awesome and can't thank you enough for sharing your creativity!!! Total nube question as I have never messed with the software I assume if something went wrong this is reversible? I just may do this unless I bumble the upgrade...

If you write to a new SD card, you will just be physically switching the SD card in your backbox with this new one. You can switch them back and forth at your leisure. No software update necessary.

#14 4 years ago

Thanks for making this available.
I tried it out last night and had a blast. The altered video was a pleasant surprise.

Look forward to trying out the White Album edition, if you go thru with it.

#15 4 years ago

Wow, this is great man. Well done! Whenever I finally find a Beatles at the price point I want (And we get through this current COVID mess), I'm 100% doing this, to change it up occasionally.

#16 4 years ago

Installed this last night. So great.
Thanks for all the work this must have taken and for sharing!

#17 4 years ago

The White Album is here!

I kept all the Sgt Pepper videos and didn't do any further replacements except for the start and match sequences. I added some tweaks here and there to both this and the Sgt. Pepper link, so you may want to refresh that too.

I replaced:
Taxman - Helter Skelter
All My Lovin - Back in the USSR
Drive My Car - Revolution
Ticket to Ride - Why Don't We Do It In the Road?
It Won't Be Long - Ob La Di, Ob La Da
Should Have Known Better - Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey
Help - While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Hard Days Night - Glass Onion
Can't Buy Me Love - Martha My Dear

Same installation instructions as the initial post.

GDrive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Heb_nA6Tf98RC9TiUHo3MFsxK1zuMgo4/view?usp=sharing

#18 4 years ago

Now someone retheme the artwork!

#19 4 years ago

Man I’m gonna have to buy a stash of SD cards for all these themes! Thanks for sharing all this stuff can’t wait to try it all.

PS: Revolver next?

#20 4 years ago

I'm sure glad someone is finally giving this pin some deserved love!! If you people only knew what this pin was originally supposed to be,you'd look at what Stern did with it and throw up!!

#22 4 years ago

GorillaBiscuits ...Revolver delivered.

#23 4 years ago

Has anyone tested it on a platinum yet?

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Has anyone tested it on a platinum yet?

I'd love to.

I just need someone to send me an SD card.

GorillaBiscuits ?!

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'd love to.
I just need someone to send me an SD card.
gorillabiscuits ?!

Man I’ve been tearing apart my drawers looking for one. No luck yet!

@vongator cant wait to check out Revolver thank you! I’m terrible with pinball browser, but my day job is making motion graphics. Maybe I can dress up some clips and font stuff in the future? Will PM ya after I get this installed and get some plays in!

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Man I’ve been tearing apart my drawers looking for one. No luck yet!
vongator cant wait to check out Revolver thank you! I’m terrible with pinball browser, but my day job is making motion graphics. Maybe I can dress up some clips and font stuff in the future? Will PM ya after I get this installed and get some plays in!

For sure! I can cut and clip sounds and video, but have no graphics skills...

#27 4 years ago

I know money can be tight during these times, but here are 5 SD Cards for $22 on Amazon, which is a pretty good deal:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IMKEMC6/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_Z6CKEb4V1NB3C

#28 4 years ago

Sooooo can’t thank you enough for doing this! Love the video add edits. Thank you So much and feel free to keep adding content! Lol

#29 4 years ago

I don't own the game, but if I did I would have to get the White Album version. Great work!

#30 4 years ago

Vongator, you just made a 49 year old man and his 15 yr old daughter very happy. Was hoping someone would do this!!

#31 4 years ago

I’ve got to get in on this.

FWIW, this happened:

96E93D8E-08BB-4D1C-A6BF-FB605C053A82 (resized).jpeg96E93D8E-08BB-4D1C-A6BF-FB605C053A82 (resized).jpeg
#32 4 years ago
Quoted from desiArnez:

... FWIW, this happened:[quoted image]

Baaad movie.

Saw Peter Frampton in concert a few years ago and he was still great though!

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Baaad movie.
Saw Peter Frampton in concert a few years ago and he was still great though!

I think the only movie clip I used was for the match sequence :/

Wake2wood Thank you! I love making people happy!

#34 4 years ago

Wow - so fun!!! Both my wife and I really enjoyed this.

Downloaded the SD card raw data, balenaEtcher for Mac (Catalina), cleared the SD card from my old Lumix DMC-LX7, wrote the Beatles software to the SD card, installed, rebooted, and it worked the first time. Just had to remember to reset adjustments to my preferences (like headphone volume controls backbox volume).

Comment from our first play - we liked how you switched out "I Should Have Known Better" with an appropriate substitute!

Thanks, @vongator !!!!

-Adam

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Wow - so fun!!! Both my wife and I really enjoyed this.
Downloaded the SD card raw data, balenaEtcher for Mac (Catalina), cleared the SD card from my old Lumix DMC-LX7, wrote the Beatles software to the SD card, installed, rebooted, and it worked the first time. Just had to remember to reset adjustments to my preferences (like headphone volume controls backbox volume).
Comment from our first play - we liked how you switched out "I Should Have Known Better" with an appropriate substitute!
Thanks, vongator !!!!
-Adam

So glad you like it! I just have 4 SD Cards now next to my game and switch back and forth when I feel like it. I think White Album is actually my favorite. The songs fit really well with Pinball. Enjoy!

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

I just have 4 SD Cards now next to my game and switch back and forth when I feel like it. I think White Album is actually my favorite. The songs fit really well with Pinball. Enjoy!

Just tried White Album. Overall, I like it better than Sgt. Pepper's also. Except for maybe the road song. The pop bumper song is great!!!

Wonder if it's possible to start USSR right at the first lyrics - "Flew in from Miami beach BOAC...." The intro on that song slows things down.

I had 2 extra 16 GB SD cards lying around. Need to scrounge up a 3rd smaller SD card - the others I have are too big & I still use them in cameras.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Just tried White Album. Overall, I like it better than Sgt. Pepper's also. Except for maybe the road song. The pop bumper song is great!!!
Wonder if it's possible to start USSR right at the first lyrics - "Flew in from Miami beach BOAC...." The intro on that song slows things down.
I had 2 extra 16 GB SD cards lying around. Need to scrounge up a 3rd smaller SD card - the others I have are too big & I still use them in cameras.

You are right about USSR, I fixed it. If you download again from the link, it is updated.

The road song is perfect for some late night pinball lovin'...

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

So glad you like it! I just have 4 SD Cards now next to my game and switch back and forth when I feel like it. I think White Album is actually my favorite. The songs fit really well with Pinball. Enjoy!

Sorry too be naive, but I am a relatively new pinball owner. Do I need to do a reboot and load the file from the SD, or simply stick the SD in? Do I need a separate program to unzip the files you posted?

Thank you for your patience with someone new to this -- these files look awesome (and a welcomed option for a machine I love)!

David

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Aipotu:

Sorry too be naive, but I am a relatively new pinball owner. Do I need to do a reboot and load the file from the SD, or simply stick the SD in? Do I need a separate program to unzip the files you posted?
Thank you for your patience with someone new to this -- these files look awesome (and a welcomed option for a machine I love)!
David

Download the file from the link in the first post.
Download this program: Etcher (https://www.balena.io/etcher/)
Using Etcher, write the file you downloaded from the first post to the SD Card. You need a class 10 SD Card w/ at least 16gb memory.
Turn off your Beatles game
Swap out the SD card in your backbox with the new one
Turn on the game.
Start Playing Pinball!

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

Download the file from the link in the first post.
Download this program: Etcher (https://www.balena.io/etcher/)
Using Etcher, write the file you downloaded from the first post to the SD Card. You need a class 10 SD Card w/ at least 16gb memory.
Turn off your Beatles game
Swap out the SD card in your backbox with the new one
Turn on the game.
Start Playing Pinball!

Thank you -- can't wait to try (just have to wait for my SD cards to arrive now...)

1 week later
#41 3 years ago

It would be interesting if the OP added a poll showing the most popular between all versions.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

It would be interesting if the OP added a poll showing the most popular between all versions.

Done and Done. I personally think the White Album is the best one even though the whole project was just supposed to be Sgt Pepper.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

Done and Done. I personally think the White Album is the best one even though the whole project was just supposed to be Sgt Pepper.

Ahhh... but don't deprecate yourself!

One of your poll options is "Should have left the original alone..."

I submit that even if someone likes the original the best, it doesn't mean that they don't like any of the others or appreciate their availability! Maybe "Original" or "Still like original the best."

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Ahhh... but don't deprecate yourself!
One of your poll options is "Should have left the original alone..."
I submit that even if someone likes the original the best, it doesn't mean that they don't like any of the others or appreciate their availability! Maybe "Original" or "Still like original the best."

You're a kind person. Self depreciation is my MO, but I've changed it...

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

The White album was always my favorite. Prefer the hippy years to the mop top era. (I really dislike Drive My Car. Yech)

Your efforts have actually piqued my interest in the game.

#46 3 years ago

Jason, thanks for sending me the cards! I think it turned out really cool and it’ll be fun swapping the songs around.

Confirmed it works in a beatles platinum and gold, I assume all models as there’s nothing different.

Thanks dude! And your rock on sticker made my door.

4905DB73-4A0B-44D3-99CC-19F1C6B390B2 (resized).jpeg4905DB73-4A0B-44D3-99CC-19F1C6B390B2 (resized).jpegEE475FF1-6816-402B-871B-82FE9165B34F (resized).jpegEE475FF1-6816-402B-871B-82FE9165B34F (resized).jpeg
#47 3 years ago

I played enough games with all versions, and can now vote in the poll. I personally treated the poll as if I was just voting on the alternative mixes, and rank them as follows:

1) White Album
2) Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
3) Revolver

If I could only have one mix on the existing machine, it would probably be the original mix. But this is only because it is integrated much more smoothly with the callouts and the rest of the package, the songs match the flashing inserts, and the "loops" for the songs fade out and repeat more smoothly when you are in a mode for a long time. I realize part of the problem is that @vongator had to fit the times on the existing sound files.

I'd love to play a 2nd Beatles machine based on assets from Revolver (minus Taxman), Magical Mystery Tour, and Sgt. Pepper's.
I'd love to play a 3rd Beatles machine based on assets from White Album, Abbey Road, and Let It Be.

If I had room and money, I might own all three.

I've read enough about the existing Beatles machine and its licensing, reception, and sales, to guess that we'll never see another Beatles machine. So, I will be happy with the efforts of @vongator !

IMG_7061 (resized).jpgIMG_7061 (resized).jpg
#48 3 years ago

Thanks for the kind words and we now know that it works on all Beatles models thanks to Levi!

I'd be willing to work on another mix, if there was some consensus among the group on the music and I get motivated... As Adaminski stated, the issues with song looping are based on the 1 : 1 sound asset replacement restrictions in Pinball Browser. There are some ideas I have regarding animations, but I don't have any graphic skills to speak of...

I had someone reach out to me to do a private mix for them, but I don't feel comfortable charging for this as I am 100% stealing every asset and, if I'm doing it for someone else, it turns into work...but if it's a joint project, it could be fun. We could do polls for each song and have the community choose.

#49 3 years ago

Awesome work brother!!

#50 3 years ago

Fantastic work @vongator !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

10,282 (OBO)
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-sgt-pepper-s-lonely-hearts-club-retheme?hl=capn12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.