(Topic ID: 265350)

The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Retheme(S)!

By VonPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Vino
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which is Your Favorite Beatles Pinball Mix?!”

• Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 21 votes
    31%
  • White Album 22 votes
    32%
  • Revolver 17 votes
    25%
  • I like the original mix. 3 votes
    4%
  • A different album all together 5 votes
    7%

(68 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EEA4D1B5-4607-459F-87DA-F0F7ADDE50A8 (resized).jpeg
1111 (resized).png
1112 (resized).png
IMG_7061 (resized).jpg
4905DB73-4A0B-44D3-99CC-19F1C6B390B2 (resized).jpeg
EE475FF1-6816-402B-871B-82FE9165B34F (resized).jpeg
96E93D8E-08BB-4D1C-A6BF-FB605C053A82 (resized).jpeg
There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 2 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

1.20 can be modded and it's not that it's difficult or that you have to be particularly smart, it's just incredibly time consuming. I'd love to cut up the Get Back doc and put a version of that together, but I don't have the time. I need another pandemic that traps me in my house without escape for a month...

That would be sweet to pull some of the Get Back clips, but there are not a lot of whole songs there. the video would be banging, and maybe take the audio from Let it Be or some such. that's a killer idea.

#152 2 years ago

I just got my Beatles Gold and loving it so far. Is there a place where there are instructions to make the SD cards, specifically using a Mac? I've not used pinball browser, etc...
thanks

#153 2 years ago
Quoted from mdclips:

I just got my Beatles Gold and loving it so far. Is there a place where there are instructions to make the SD cards, specifically using a Mac? I've not used pinball browser, etc...
thanks

The first post of this thread has instructions. Pinball browser not required, but you will need to download and use the free windisk imager software he mentions.

Added over 2 years ago:

Sorry, didn't see the part about using a Mac!

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from mdclips:

thanks

Not too familiar with Apple...YMMV using a Mac...

#155 2 years ago

I might be doing something wrong, cause I dled all 3 mixes, flashed them with Balena etcher, but none is working in my brand new Beatles Gold.
Game is stuck rebooting non stop with all 3 mixes.
Putting back the card with the original code (1.20) makes it work as intended.

Any idea?

#156 2 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

I might be doing something wrong, cause I dled all 3 mixes, flashed them with Balena etcher, but none is working in my brand new Beatles Gold.
Game is stuck rebooting non stop with all 3 mixes.
Putting back the card with the original code (1.20) makes it work as intended.
Any idea?

Balena Etcher no longer works. You have to write to the SD card using win32diskimager

https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

#157 2 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

Balena Etcher no longer works. You have to write to the SD card using win32diskimager
https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

Done.
Game starts, but it's telling me it can't find the node 9 board and so most stuff does not work.
My machine came with Stern Insider pre-installed, is there a link?

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Done.
Game starts, but it's telling me it can't find the node 9 board and so most stuff does not work.

Hmm, I can switch from 1.20 back and forth, but I don't have IC on my game.

Just to make sure, you are writing to an SD card and swapping it in and out; not using a USB stick, correct?

Second, try unplugging the ethernet cable between the QR reader and the board and see if that changes anything. That's the only connection between IC and the rest of the game. Maybe the physical connection is what is causing the issue.

Beyond that, I'd have to get a kit installed in mine and test it...

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

Hmm, I can switch from 1.20 back and forth, but I don't have IC on my game.
Just to make sure, you are writing to an SD card and swapping it in and out; not using a USB stick, correct?
Second, try unplugging the ethernet cable between the QR reader and the board and see if that changes anything. That's the only connection between IC and the rest of the game. Maybe the physical connection is what is causing the issue.
Beyond that, I'd have to get a kit installed in mine and test it...

If you have the ability to hook up a IC that would be fantastic. I'm hesitant to try any rethemes on my 1.20 until we determine what has cause some node boards to go bad. Previously I had a Beatles with 1.10 and loved the rethemes, I just can't risk it.

FWIW Beatles is the ONLY game I have sold and rebought. The rethemes REALLY help my enjoyment. I love it so much!

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

You need to burn it to an SD card as a disk image, not just copy it over. There are multiple utilities to do this. I do it on a mac without any extra software to do this go to the terminal prompt:
% diskutil list
Find the drive that represents the SD card. For this example we will say it is /dev/disk4
% sudo diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk4
Copy the image to the SD card, for the if= part use the path to your actual file and of course the output file (of) should match your SD card address, note that it now has a 'r' in front of it:
% sudo dd bs=1m if=/Users/username/Downloads/beatles-1_10_0.WhiteAlbumBeta.8G.sdcard.raw of=/dev/rdisk4
This takes about 10 min
% sudo diskutil eject /dev/rdisk4
Then remove the SD card and use it.

Thank you for these excellent instructions for us Mac users! A couple little clarifications for people not used to using command prompt on a Mac. To get the prompt go to your applications folder and launch Terminal.

after that, you don't need to use the "%" in front of each command. And also, replace "username" with your username.

Worked great!

#161 2 years ago

I finally broke down and asked my brother (IT manager) to come over with a Windows laptop and we banged it out in 20 minutes. I has been trying on a Mac forever. These are so well done, one of the coolest mods I’ve ever seen done for a game. VonPinball thank you for all the work you put into this. Cheers!

3 months later
#162 1 year ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Done.

Hey did you get this resolved? Just happened to my new Beatles game..

1 month later
#163 1 year ago

Hey there! As many have said above, I absolutely love the rethemes. I was wanting to get Inside Connected installed, but it's not worth losing the rethemes. Does anyone know if the latest update (1.22.0 - 8/2/22) at the time of this post still allows the rethemes to work as they have previously? Further, is it possible to have the latest firmware update with Insider Connected AND the rethemes? Hopefully, someone out there has tried it before I go messing up my pin. Thanks all!

#164 1 year ago

I sold my Beatles game and haven't made an update since 1.10 (I think); some folks with new builds have had issues trying to run the code; including node board failure, so I'd be careful. Definitely will not work w IC right now. I'm happy to pass the assets on to anyone who would like to use them to update the new code.

#165 1 year ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

I sold my Beatles game and haven't made an update since 1.10 (I think); some folks with new builds have had issues trying to run the code; including node board failure, so I'd be careful. Definitely will not work w IC right now. I'm happy to pass the assets on to anyone who would like to use them to update the new code.

I'd choose having access to the alternate sound mixes over access to IC. Really ups the game's enjoyability for me by a huge margin.

#166 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I'd choose having access to the alternate sound mixes over access to IC. Really ups the game's enjoyability for me by a huge margin.

Totally agree. I can live without Insider Connected. Not sure I can live without those 3 additional albums!
Thanks again to VonPinball for making these. It still amazes me whenever I play them.

3 weeks later
#167 1 year ago

I am late to the party, but have a Beatles Gold now and was truly hoping to use these cool rethemes. The guy who had the machine before me updated to v1.22, but does not have the QR reader on this September 14, 2021 build. Has anyone had success with installing these while switching back and forth from v1.22?

1 month later
#168 1 year ago
Quoted from HopBeard:

I am late to the party, but have a Beatles Gold now and was truly hoping to use these cool rethemes. The guy who had the machine before me updated to v1.22, but does not have the QR reader on this September 14, 2021 build. Has anyone had success with installing these while switching back and forth from v1.22?

Sorry to resurrect a 2 month old post but I've grown to love this game and am thinking of adding one to our collection. The one I'm looking at is a newer build and does not have insider connected installed, does anyone know if I would be able to use these alternate album codes? Is it specifically insider connected that causes compatibility issues? Thanks

4 weeks later
#169 1 year ago
Quoted from HopBeard:

Any updates? I was wondering the same thing.

#170 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Any updates? I was wondering the same thing.

Hoping someone can eventually pick up where Von left off and update to support the latest code.

#171 1 year ago

Everything from 1.2 on has mostly been for insider connected support. So, if you don't have IC installed, there's nothing updating Stern's versions will do.

See the readme file for the changes made each release.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/BEATLES_1.24-README.txt

That being said, I'm wary to recommend anyone to use it anymore. Someone (with insider connected, though not sure what version code) said they tried to use it and their node board went bad.

Is that the fault of my code? I'm not sure. The person got a new node board from Stern for free under warranty, so not a huge issue, but I'd hate to be the reason someone wasn't able to play their game.

At this point, I'd just say your mileage may vary...

I've also sold my Beatles and can't test anymore...That being said, I'm happy to share all the files and clips if anyone does want to pick up the ball and run with it.

#172 1 year ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

Everything from 1.2 on has mostly been for insider connected support. So, if you don't have IC installed, there's nothing updating Stern's versions will do.
That being said, I'm wary to recommend anyone to use it anymore. Someone (with insider connected, though not sure what version code) said they tried to use it and their node board went bad.
Is that the fault of my code? I'm not sure. The person got a new node board from Stern for free under warranty, so not a huge issue, but I'd hate to be the reason someone wasn't able to play their game.
I've also sold my Beatles and can't test anymore...That being said, I'm happy to share all the files and clips if anyone does want to pick up the ball and run with it.

Appreciate the clarifications, and of course your initial work to do the mixes.

1 week later
#173 1 year ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

Regardless, I just discovered these remixes and thank you for working on them! Fantastic job!

#174 1 year ago

I also wanted to contribute to the thread. I use Rufus 3.21 to create the SD cards. It has worked (also on the Jurassic Park mod) flawlessly for me so far.

Used the Google links as seen in the thread, downloaded the RAW file(s) onto computer, opened Rufus, selected the file (use All Files for the RAW one to show up) and burned the SD cards. My machine is Windows 10, so just giving you all the parameters.

#175 1 year ago

Question....I have a Beatles Gold without Connect and I already have the files. My buddy has a Platinum without Connect. Do I need to have a different file to burn for his machine, or will the files I have work?

#176 1 year ago

I believe the files should work. To my knowledge there wasn't any difference in the code. I think someone tested it on theirs early on.

#177 1 year ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

I believe the files should work. To my knowledge there wasn't any difference in the code. I think someone tested it on theirs early on.

Thank you!!!

2 months later
#178 1 year ago

Hey Folks - I’m considering buying a late build Beatles Gold and was wondering if anyone has had luck adding the new music to the latest software build ( I believe released 11/22). If you do want to change the music out, do you need to stay with the build Vonn left off with or will it work even after updates?

#179 1 year ago

Has anyone tried designing an acrylic playfield protector with printed album/period specific graphics to go with the retheme?

#181 1 year ago

These rethemes are great - they really keep the game fresh. I didn’t like having to take off the back glass each time I changed cards so I bought an SD card extender off of Amazon. Works like a charm and fits right next to the glass so very easy access

its called xtremeamazing SD to SD card extension extender cable.

EEA4D1B5-4607-459F-87DA-F0F7ADDE50A8 (resized).jpegEEA4D1B5-4607-459F-87DA-F0F7ADDE50A8 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#182 1 year ago
Quoted from Speck:

Hey Folks - I’m considering buying a late build Beatles Gold and was wondering if anyone has had luck adding the new music to the latest software build ( I believe released 11/22). If you do want to change the music out, do you need to stay with the build Vonn left off with or will it work even after updates?

Believe if you want white album and Sgt Pepper don’t update because the new project did not support those particular albums up just yet.
Otherwise the link Von provided is your answer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
10,282 (OBO)
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-sgt-pepper-s-lonely-hearts-club-retheme/page/4?hl=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.