(Topic ID: 265350)

The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Retheme(S)!

By VonPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Vino
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which is Your Favorite Beatles Pinball Mix?!”

• Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 21 votes
    31%
  • White Album 22 votes
    32%
  • Revolver 17 votes
    25%
  • I like the original mix. 3 votes
    4%
  • A different album all together 5 votes
    7%

(68 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EEA4D1B5-4607-459F-87DA-F0F7ADDE50A8 (resized).jpeg
1111 (resized).png
1112 (resized).png
IMG_7061 (resized).jpg
4905DB73-4A0B-44D3-99CC-19F1C6B390B2 (resized).jpeg
EE475FF1-6816-402B-871B-82FE9165B34F (resized).jpeg
96E93D8E-08BB-4D1C-A6BF-FB605C053A82 (resized).jpeg
There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#102 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballRockDude:

I purchase new SD cards, I downloaded etcher, I downloaded using the link Sargent Pepper. Taken out original card and inserted new card. Game just keeps flashing Restarting Game. Inserted original SD card game plays fine. Instructions seem so simple what am I doing wrong? Thanks.

SORRY! Etcher no longer works with Stern code. You have to use Win32DiskImager

#103 3 years ago

I updated the original post to remove Etcher as the image writing tool and recommend Win32Disk Imager

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

I updated the original post to remove Etcher as the image writing tool and recommend Win32Disk Imager

Pinball browser works as well

3 weeks later
#105 3 years ago

Just downloaded so will check them out on our platinum. They should have let you choose an album to play but too expensive. Same songs get old so this is nice of you to do.

Can you do abbey road next? That is our favorite.

#106 3 years ago

Can you do one for Magical Mystery Tour?

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Can you do abbey road next? That is our favorite.

Quoted from Methos:

Can you do one for Magical Mystery Tour?

Count me in as a donor for future projects if needed, my wife and I LOVE and appreciate what you've done already

2 weeks later
3 weeks later
#109 3 years ago

As always thanks everyone for the kind words. This was a fun project I did while stuck at home during COVID last year.

Since then my marital status has...changed and I'm back at work and not really focused on my pinball hobby; hence no new mixes and slow response times. Maybe I'll have time again in the future, but doesn't seem like it for the time being.

A number of people have asked for help with copies and for additional mixes, and I try to help when possible, but I've been busy with other areas of my life and haven't been able to get to some of them. I hope the instructions in the initial post are clear and if you message, I'll try to help.

I'm happy to share the files for everything I've done if anyone wants it and to work on their own. This was all a labor of love and I never wanted any monetary return on it.

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

As always thanks everyone for the kind words. This was a fun project I did while stuck at home during COVID last year.
Since then my marital status has...changed and I'm back at work and not really focused on my pinball hobby; hence no new mixes and slow response times. Maybe I'll have time again in the future, but doesn't seem like it for the time being.
A number of people have asked for help with copies and for additional mixes, and I try to help when possible, but I've been busy with other areas of my life and haven't been able to get to some of them. I hope the instructions in the initial post are clear and if you message, I'll try to help.
I'm happy to share the files for everything I've done if anyone wants it and to work on their own. This was all a labor of love and I never wanted any monetary return on it.

Hope you are on a good path. Thanks for contributing to all of our happiness!

1 week later
#111 3 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

Thanks for the efforts. I'd like to continue the work for my machine, so I'll reach out.

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

Thanks!

We always want more but happy with what we get. Killer mixes still swapping cards around on the reg!

2 months later
#113 2 years ago

Great work on the files, its fantastic. Many thanks for the hard work. As we all know it all takes time to do this type of stuff, and just to let you know its appreciated. )

#114 2 years ago

Hi I nave got the white album working but the others keep coming up game restarting and nothing shows up on the screen for some reason. Anyone had this issue with the revolver and the Sargent pepper versions?

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Glimmerman:

Hi I nave got the white album working but the others keep coming up game restarting and nothing shows up on the screen for some reason. Anyone had this issue with the revolver and the Sargent pepper versions?

nope, all 3 work great for me. did you use a different mem card?

1 month later
#116 2 years ago

I have tried it with 3 different 16 go sd cards but no joy.

3 weeks later
#117 2 years ago

All versions have worked well for me. The process of imaging the cards worked identically, and all worked correctly upon insertion into the game.

EDIT: I'll add that I use windows and win32diskimager. I ended up using 32gb SanDisk cards, as the 16gb cards seem to be getting harder to find / more expensive.

1 month later
#118 2 years ago

These remixes are great!

Has anyone noticed with the replacement ROMs that the super jackpot collect (behind FAB) doesn't light up at the end of the first mode? It lights after all the other modes I play, but not the first one. And it lights after the first mode when I use the stock ROM.

I was thinking it might have been a bug and that the custom ROMs were based on a older version of the software, but 1.10 is the latest and is from February 2019 according to Stern's site.

The super jackpot thing is the only problem I've found. Maybe it's a setting? (I have, in fact, confirmed that the super jackpot light is not lit and it's not active -- hitting it does nothing after the first song is done. At least until the second song is done and it lights up.)

#119 2 years ago

Hello, you are correct. In all of the versions, the Super Jackpot only lights if you complete the mode. I think something broke in the code, but I cannot find out what I did and do not know how to fix it. Sorry

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

In all of the versions, the Super Jackpot only lights if you complete the mode.

And this only applies to the first mode, correct? In other words, the rest of the modes you play will light the Super Jackpot when the timer runs out even if you don't complete them.

#121 2 years ago

WOW!!! Sir Von, you deserve a medal and I will get you one! I had no idea this was even possible. I was a burned out 54 year old software engineer until I fortunately bought a Beatles pin and chanced on this post. Extending your work, I’ll be building a new mod to include a mix inc Hey Bulldog, some from Abbey Road, and others 1967+. I’m also gonna try to change the record call outs when picking songs to Wolf Man Jack’s voice naming the song. Really excited to give this a go. Thank you. Thank you! Any advice would be appreciated

#122 2 years ago

I love the White Album mix in particular. It's so much more rockin, and obla dee is perfect for the pop bumper mode.

One quick note, I discovered that the high-score screen for obladee still says lovely Rita. Not a big deal, but just something to note.

Quoted from JimiMoon:

WOW!!! Sir Von, you deserve a medal and I will get you one! I had no idea this was even possible. I was a burned out 54 year old software engineer until I fortunately bought a Beatles pin and chanced on this post. Extending your work, I’ll be building a new mod to include a mix inc Hey Bulldog, some from Abbey Road, and others 1967+. I’m also gonna try to change the record call outs when picking songs to Wolf Man Jack’s voice naming the song. Really excited to give this a go. Thank you. Thank you! Any advice would be appreciated

That sounds awesome, please keep us updated!

#123 2 years ago

After many months and SD cards I’ve decided to admit that I can’t get these to work on my game. I even tried multiple times on a work Windows PC thinking it was an Apple/Microsoft thing. I just can’t stare at that initializing/boot screen anymore, I’m tapping out! Soo if anyone is willing to burn these for me please PM me and I’ll flip some bucks your way.

#124 2 years ago

Chisox, private text me. I’ll help u out. I was able to get it working after seeing the same reboot screen at first. I had Etcher at first changed to Win32DiskImager and that worked for me 2nd time.

About the mod I’m working, I identified 90 voice call outs referencing song titles that need to be changed out LOL. I had no idea that many but I’ll do it. I’m looking for a txt to voice app that sounds like a cool DJ if u locate one, please flip the URL.

2 weeks later
#125 2 years ago

Thank you so much! Just ordered my Beatles Gold this morning. Downloading these now. White Album mix looks like it will be my favorite. I can't wait!!! Just watched your video. Which PinStadiums do you have for it? Thank you.

#126 2 years ago
Quoted from savannahga:

Thank you so much! Just ordered my Beatles Gold this morning. Downloading these now. White Album mix looks like it will be my favorite. I can't wait!!! Just watched your video. Which PinStadiums do you have for it? Thank you.

Albums are great. Will say this is one of the titles the Really doesn’t need Pinstadiums!

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from savannahga:

Which PinStadiums do you have for it? Thank you.

I was either using the Omegas or XStreams, neither of which he makes anymore. They were straight white LED. I don't like all the flashy RGB changing colors, I just want more light on the playfield. They were barely worth the $225 I paid and def not $600!

It's not too hard to make a pair of your own (there's a thread on pinside).

I've never tried before, but could probably just do a combo of these:
https://www.cometpinball.com/collections/matrix

https://smile.amazon.com/Muzata-Channel-Diffuser-Aluminum-Extrusion/dp/B0838WCLS4/ref=sr_1_6

https://www.amazon.com/Roll-N-Cut-Flexible-Magnetic-Tape-Refill/dp/B005HYDC68

2 weeks later
#128 2 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

oga83 recently released version 7.03 of PinballBrowser and it is an amazing upgrade that now allows you to replace video assets! I highly recommend checking it out and playing around with it. It's very easy to use.
I've always wished Stern had gone with the "later" Beatles and I went a little wild with it the past week or so with a Sgt Pepper re-theme and replaced all the songs and video assets in the game!
I'm not a graphic designer by any means, but the videos replacements turned out well. I'll be making some further tweaks in the coming weeks as I collect notes and I may change or tweak a song, but it's fun to play for now!
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Retheme:
Drive Link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m5LXJ8cjJrJjH4IOl8nA8jgBBQ-1dFld/view?usp=sharing
Here's a video of me playing a game that gets through to the "Taxman" (Sgt. Pepper) multiball:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/579386834
Taxman - Sgt Pepper (reprise)
All My Lovin - Lucy In the Sky w/ Diamonds
Drive My Car - Good Morning
Ticket to Ride - When I'm 64
It Won't Be Long - Lovely Rita
Should Have Known Better - Getting Better All the Time
Help - Little Help From My Friends
Hard Days Night - Sgt Pepper
Can't Buy Me Love - Day in the Life
The White Album Retheme:
Drive Link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Heb_nA6Tf98RC9TiUHo3MFsxK1zuMgo4/view?usp=sharing
Taxman - Helter Skelter
All My Lovin - Back in the USSR
Drive My Car - Revolution
Ticket to Ride - Why Don't We Do It In the Road?
It Won't Be Long - Ob La Di, Ob La Da
Should Have Known Better - Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey
Help - While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Hard Days Night - Glass Onion
Can't Buy Me Love - Martha My Dear
Revolver Retheme:
Drive Link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XOJvmlclf2rM-vs_16vJbTP8NCGDeIA0/view?usp=sharing
Taxman - uhhh...Taxman...
All My Lovin - Yellow Submarine
Drive My Car - Doctor Robert
Ticket to Ride - And Your Bird Can Sing
It Won't Be Long - Good Day Sunshine
Should Have Known Better - Got to Get You In To My Life
Help - Eleanor Rigby
Hard Days Night - Want to Tell You
Can't Buy Me Love - I'm Only Sleeping
You'll need to flash an SD card (I recommend a Class 10 SD Card with a minimum of 16gb) using the free software Win32DiskImager (https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/). If your computer does not have an SD Card slot, I recommend using a USB adapter similar to this one: amazon.com link »
After that, just turn off the game, swap out the SD card in your backbox with this one, turn it on, and you'll be ready to go. If you want to change back, just put the old SD card back in! The old SD Card will retain your high scores.
Done on Beatles Gold Code, but confirmed to work on Diamond and Platinum.
A big thanks again to oga83, I recommend everyone give Pinball Browser a shot and play around. It's very intuitive and for $20.00, it's one of the cheapest mods on the market!

Has any one used this with a Mac with success? The win32imager is windows software. Cant wait to see the other versions in action!

3 weeks later
1 month later
#130 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinman92:

Has any one used this with a Mac with success? The win32imager is windows software. Cant wait to see the other versions in action!

I figured out how to do this but it's been over a year. I believe that I was able to get the application balenaEtcher to image the sd cards on mac. Pinman92

#131 2 years ago

NEW CODE! Stern Pinball has posted new code for Godzilla, The Beatles, Aerosmith, and Black Knight: Sword of Rage!

These code updates contain game enhancements including Stern Insider Connected compatibility, additional polish, adjustments, system updates and bug fixes.

New The Beatles code v1.20.0 for the Gold, Platinum, and Diamond models can be found on the following links:

Gold – v1.20.0:
https://sternpinball.com/?post_type=game_code&s=Beatles+Gold

Platinum – v1.20.0:
https://sternpinball.com/?post_type=game_code&s=Beatles+Platinum

Diamond – v1.20.0:
https://sternpinball.com/?post_type=game_code&s=Beatles+Diamond

Let the FUN continue!

#132 2 years ago

So I’m an idiot about code stuff…if we update to 1.20 will the current alternate music packages still work?

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

NEW CODE! Stern Pinball has posted new code for Godzilla, The Beatles, Aerosmith, and Black Knight: Sword of Rage!
These code updates contain game enhancements including Stern Insider Connected compatibility, additional polish, adjustments, system updates and bug fixes.
New The Beatles code v1.20.0 for the Gold, Platinum, and Diamond models can be found on the following links:
Gold – v1.20.0:
https://sternpinball.com/?post_type=game_code&s=Beatles+Gold
Platinum – v1.20.0:
https://sternpinball.com/?post_type=game_code&s=Beatles+Platinum
Diamond – v1.20.0:
https://sternpinball.com/?post_type=game_code&s=Beatles+Diamond
Let the FUN continue!

Maybe I’m missing something but why post this here? My understanding is that if code is updated, we lose the Vonpinball tracks.

Quoted from jitneystand1:

So I’m an idiot about code stuff…if we update to 1.20 will the current alternate music packages still work?

No

#134 2 years ago

it would have to be a really good update to give up the alt music.

#135 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Maybe I’m missing something but why post this here? My understanding is that if code is updated, we lose the Vonpinball tracks.

No

Yeah, good point. I looked too quickly and thought I was in the main Beatles owners’ group.

1 month later
#136 2 years ago

Would there be a way to add 8 more songs with A Hard Day's Night, Taxman, Help and Can't Buy Me Love so when you complete stuff etc and you're not in a mode and a song plays, instead of the 4 we get now, there'd be a variety of 12?

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Would there be a way to add 8 more songs with A Hard Day's Night, Taxman, Help and Can't Buy Me Love so when you complete stuff etc and you're not in a mode and a song plays, instead of the 4 we get now, there'd be a variety of 12?

Sort of, but not really...

Pinball Browser only allows you to replace the existing sounds 1 : 1; you can't add new ones per se. So you can replace the 8 existing songs 1 : 1 (they aren't the full songs, so I had to trim the new ones appropriately), then you can replace a few of the call-outs with music (which is how I did the intro and match music).

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

Pinball Browser only allows you to replace the existing sounds 1 : 1; you can't add new ones per se. So you can replace the 8 existing songs 1 : 1 (they aren't the full songs, so I had to trim the new ones appropriately), then you can replace a few of the call-outs with music (which is how I did the intro and match music).

Thank you so much for the clarification. Darn I was hoping there’d be a way to add more songs

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

Have you done the Magical mystery tour or Abbey Road ?Any chance you will.The difference you made with the other 3 is very significant.Thank You for what you have added already.

2 weeks later
#140 2 years ago

I’m buying a Beatles off a guy that has the newest code on it. Is there an easy way to reset/downgrade the code to allow me to use the SD card playlists?

#141 2 years ago

i have some old code on USB sticks 1.10 and 1.15

#142 2 years ago

I actually had some local users confirm that they were able to use my SD Cards on their Beatles Gold that was running 1.20 code.

#143 2 years ago

Von pinball is the absolute best!!His stuff rocks! The best part . He is one hell of a guy.. cant say enough about him.. Thanks again vonn..

1 week later
#144 2 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

I actually had some local users confirm that they were able to use my SD Cards on their Beatles Gold that was running 1.20 code.

Can a few people please confirm this? I'm afraid of bricking something by trying it in 1.20.

OR ... does anyone know how to downgrade the code to a previous code prior to 1.20?

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Can a few people please confirm this? I'm afraid of bricking something by trying it in 1.20.
OR ... does anyone know how to downgrade the code to a previous code prior to 1.20?

Well, I think you just put in an SD card with an older version of the code on it. The trouble is, some code updates change the firmware of the node boards, and so then the game won't work unless the game code version matches the firmware version on the node boards.

#146 2 years ago

So yesterday I decided to test for myself. I put a 1.20 SD card in my game, it updates the node boards, and plays. Then I put my old, 1.10 mix in the game, it also updated the node boards and then played. Seems to be ok so far.

Seems to me that, on boot up, the SD card checks the node board settings and makes the necessary changes. So you can switch back and forth between the 1.10 cards without updates, but if you switch back and forth between the 1.20 and 1.10 the game will make settings changes to the node boards. This shouldn't make any difference other than a few extra seconds of time, I wouldn't think.

#147 2 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

So yesterday I decided to test for myself. I put a 1.20 SD card in my game, it updates the node boards, and plays. Then I put my old, 1.10 mix in the game, it also updated the node boards and then played. Seems to be ok so far.
Seems to me that, on boot up, the SD card checks the node board settings and makes the necessary changes. So you can switch back and forth between the 1.10 cards without updates, but if you switch back and forth between the 1.20 and 1.10 the game will make settings changes to the node boards. This shouldn't make any difference other than a few extra seconds of time, I wouldn't think.

Thanks so much for checking this for me/us! I’m not sure if I understand though … if I have 1.20 loaded already and then try SD cards remixes from the downloads in (which I assume is 1.10?) it will work all the same right?

If so, where is the danger that I’m hearing someone people blowing boards? Or in other words, what do I make sure I don’t do to ensure I don’t blow anything up?

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Thanks so much for checking this for me/us! I’m not sure if I understand though … if I have 1.20 loaded already and then try SD cards remixes from the downloads in (which I assume is 1.10?) it will work all the same right?
If so, where is the danger that I’m hearing someone people blowing boards? Or in other words, what do I make sure I don’t do to ensure I don’t blow anything up?

I go back and forth between the 1.20 release and older modified versions all the time. never had a problem. What would be nice is if someone smarter than me would see if the 1.20 code can be modded wiht the audio/video from the movie so we won't have to backload.

#149 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I think the danger of the node board going out is overstated. Node boards can surge and/or can flat out go bad, but I don't think doing software modifications will necessarily hurt the board hardware.

Think of the SD cards as different versions of an operating system. When the operating system on the plugged in SD Card starts, the system looks to make sure that the node boards have all the settings set for the system to perform properly. If the settings are wrong, the OS updates them before the game is playable. It does not seem to matter what the version of the operating system is, whatever version that is loaded in the game will make the required node board software changes at start up. This should not impact the hardware at all.

#150 2 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I go back and forth between the 1.20 release and older modified versions all the time. never had a problem. What would be nice is if someone smarter than me would see if the 1.20 code can be modded wiht the audio/video from the movie so we won't have to backload.

1.20 can be modded and it's not that it's difficult or that you have to be particularly smart, it's just incredibly time consuming. I'd love to cut up the Get Back doc and put a version of that together, but I don't have the time. I need another pandemic that traps me in my house without escape for a month...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,282 (OBO)
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-sgt-pepper-s-lonely-hearts-club-retheme/page/3?hl=savannahga and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.