Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Chitownpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0E29ED06-4B04-4DBA-8780-975055B3D526 (resized).jpeg
3E2A078F-1BF7-4A71-8236-30404FB05089 (resized).jpeg
FC999974-BC0D-4AC0-866E-10A7449BC6E0 (resized).jpeg
32D5173E-6D0A-48B9-AACE-79519E6285DF (resized).jpeg
F65BEE34-1D43-456C-B4AB-7B3C868FBA95 (resized).jpeg
6A852322-0FA8-41ED-9EEE-BC8FD49AFE63 (resized).jpeg
DF636EC0-C8BA-4712-AFBB-595B67149C86 (resized).jpeg
2E329129-54B7-4CA1-97EC-8CEA07F64AC7 (resized).jpeg
6FD0B54D-93C8-4324-80A3-EFF3322C7374 (resized).jpeg
4A2B79A7-D9A5-4861-B7AC-226C16C78E23 (resized).jpeg

#1 3 months ago

The Australian distributor sold out of Beatles a few months ago, and then started taking orders for a second production run.
The distributor's web site now says the machines are due in Sydney in September.
That seems to me that it will be a late July or August production run.
The price per machine is the same as the units from the first production run.

Any intel on how many units will be produced?

How many other distributors are currently sold out of Beatles?
a) In the USA
b) Outside the USA

#2 3 months ago

US distributors are loading a container to ship down under as we speak. When container is full it will depart the pier. No second runs being produced.

#3 3 months ago

Buyers beware...

Seen 4 Beatles now all with varying degrees of this. Shows up after 300ish plays and gets worse over time.

Still waiting on stern to commit to replacement/ make this right.

0E29ED06-4B04-4DBA-8780-975055B3D526 (resized).jpeg2E329129-54B7-4CA1-97EC-8CEA07F64AC7 (resized).jpeg32D5173E-6D0A-48B9-AACE-79519E6285DF (resized).jpeg3E2A078F-1BF7-4A71-8236-30404FB05089 (resized).jpeg4A2B79A7-D9A5-4861-B7AC-226C16C78E23 (resized).jpeg6A852322-0FA8-41ED-9EEE-BC8FD49AFE63 (resized).jpeg6FD0B54D-93C8-4324-80A3-EFF3322C7374 (resized).jpegDF636EC0-C8BA-4712-AFBB-595B67149C86 (resized).jpegF65BEE34-1D43-456C-B4AB-7B3C868FBA95 (resized).jpegFC999974-BC0D-4AC0-866E-10A7449BC6E0 (resized).jpeg
#4 3 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

US distributors are loading a container to ship down under as we speak. When container is full it will depart the pier. No second runs being produced.

Huh?

Oh, you're being facetious. I get it.

Stern's website has The Beatles as one of the five machines they have currently in production.
A yet unknown number of distributors have placed orders.

There will be a second run, and it will be soon.

Will they produce the full remaining quantity (to reach the 1964 machines in total limit), or a smaller amount?

#5 3 months ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Will they produce the full remaining quantity

it does not appear they ever produced the entirety of the first run

#6 3 months ago

It seems like someone needs to figure out how to better utilize star-posts because now spooky, jersey jack and stern have the same problem

Quoted from Whysnow:

Buyers beware...
Seen 4 Beatles now all with varying degrees of this. Shows up after 300ish plays and gets worse over time.
Still waiting on stern to commit to replacement/ make this right.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#7 3 months ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

It seems like someone needs to figure out how to better utilize star-posts because now spooky, jersey jack and stern have the same problem

please stop saying that. It is completely false and you are over generalizing what is likely 3 completely different issues and root causes.
By doing so, you are down playing the issues and making it seems like it is not a big issue since multiple places have had issues.

Stop lumping Spooky in with pf issues all together. From all evidence there was a training issue (one muscle man improperly assembling?) and it was limited to around 200 TNAs. We have not seen issues before or after this.

JJP had a very different problem with early WOZ which appeared to be resolved. Now they have the chipping at holes and some minor lifting at some posts on POTC and a few WONKA?

Stern has had issues with varying degrees of lifting art and super soft/bubbling/flexing clear coat. This seems to have started with Maiden and has gotten worse the past few title. Beatles in particular is the worst I have seen. Note that this is completely different than the previous insert ghosting issue we saw on GB era of games.

#8 3 months ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

Yeah it's almost like every manufacturer has minor cosmetic issues here and there and it's silly to try to single one out. This has been true since the dawn of the pinball industry.

Fact is, most of the "defects' people take close up hi-rez pics of and bleat on endlessly about in 10 different threads are pretty much normal in the history of pinball and aren't really an issue unless you try to make it one.

#9 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah it's almost like every manufacturer has minor cosmetic issues here and there and it's silly to try to single one out. This has been true since the dawn of the pinball industry.
Fact is, most of the "defects' people take close up hi-rez pics of and bleat on endlessly about in 10 different threads are pretty much normal in the history of pinball and aren't really an issue unless you try to make it one.

that is laughable.

I have games form the 80s, 90s, 00s that are all much better pf condition that this recent issues. Stop down playing this. Stern is not giving you a job, no matter how much you keep trying to PR deflect for them.

#10 3 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that is laughable.
I have games form the 80s, 90s, 00s that are all much better pf condition that this recent issues. Stop down playing this. Stern is not giving you a job, no matter how much you keep trying to PR deflect for them.

You should probably post those pics in like 10 more threads, you'll really get your point across.

Nobody cares.

#11 3 months ago

Thanks for the interesting diversion.

Meanwhile, back to the point of this thread ...

#12 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You should probably post those pics in like 10 more threads, you'll really get your point across.
Nobody cares.

actually, it appears lots of potential buyers care. I have had a few Beatles buyers contact me to discuss more as they were contemplating purchases till seeing how bad and widespread the issue is.

This is supposed to be a community and sharing these sort of issues is important to help others in the community be aware so they can make good decisions when purchasing. More suspect is why you are trying to deflect what is such and obvious defect and recent change in quality of Stern pfs.

#13 3 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Buyers beware...
Still waiting on stern to commit to replacement/ make this right.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

LOL troll much

#14 3 months ago

4 of the first 10 posts are Whysnow bashing Stern shocking

#15 3 months ago

I know little about the Stern Beatles game but I do know Whysnow got a 30 day ban from Pinside for endlessly trashing the game so take what he says with a grain of salt

#16 3 months ago
Quoted from JY64:

LOL troll much

How is pointing out faulty production in a thread about a second run of production trolling?

#17 3 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Stern has had issues with varying degrees of lifting art and super soft/bubbling/flexing clear coat. This seems to have started with Maiden and has gotten worse the past few title. Beatles in particular is the worst I have seen.

This has been happening off & on for years. My Tron LE had a few of those same clearcoat "lifesavers" around posts. It's only a five-alarm fire now that you've seen it on a few Beatles. It's no more likely to happen on the next Beatles run than any other title. May as well spam every Stern thread with those photos until they give you a QC job (I stole your line).

#18 3 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

This has been happening off & on for years. My Tron LE had a few of those same clearcoat "lifesavers" around posts. It's only a five-alarm fire now that you've seen it on a few Beatles. It's no more likely to happen on the next Beatles run than any other title. May as well spam every Stern thread with those photos until they give you a QC job (I stole your line).

Do you have any idea when they stopped with recessed posts?

I remember games like LOTR had posts slightly recessed into the top of the pf. I am guessing that was to help with this exact issue?

The first I have seen with this major defect around posts was on Maiden. It seems to have been hit and miss since then, but when it shows up it is getting worse. Beatles is by far the worst i have seen. I actually did not even mention it on Maiden because in my opinion it is minor and a certain amount of small issues are both expected and acceptable. When it gets as bad as we are seeing on Beatles then it is time to raise the flag and push for more accountability.

#19 3 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Beatles is by far the worst i have seen.

The photos you posted look pretty much like how I've always seen it. That bright teal really catches the LED light and magnifies the surface distortion. Especially with the camera an inch from the surface. If that area was dark blue or black with incandescents (like my Tron LE) you'd barely notice it.

You've seen four Beatles with this issue. You said the TNA playfield issue was "limited to around 200." Why aren't you fifty times as mad at Spooky? I mean, that's the math. It couldn't possibly be personal bias, could it? Imagine if Stern released a production run of 550 and over a third of them had playfield issues. You and Levi would have to settle it in the octagon.

#20 3 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

The photos you posted look pretty much like how I've always seen it. That bright teal really catches the LED light and magnifies the surface distortion. Especially with the camera an inch from the surface. If that area was dark blue or black with incandescents (like my Tron LE) you'd barely notice it.
You've seen four Beatles with this issue. You said the TNA playfield issue was "limited to around 200." Why aren't you fifty times as mad at Spooky? I mean, that's the math. It couldn't possibly be personal bias, could it? Imagine if Stern released a production run of 550 and over a third of them had playfield issues. You and Levi would have to settle it in the octagon.

ummm...

I have personally seen 4 (as in all 4 Beatles I have seen myself) with the issue. All of them had varying degrees, but ti was bad and multiple posts. That is actually 100% of my available sample size.
For TNA I have seen one out of probably 10 games in total with very minor chipping. That is 10%

For Spooky, I have seen it on 1 game that they have made, they have excellent customer service and have addressed it for those that are impacted. Sounds from theri account to have even been limited # of the entire run, which shows they took ownership and fixed it; bravo!)

For Stern, the problem appears to be getting worse/ more common, they have yet to provide any resolution, and it has gone on far too long to keep quite any more.

Toss on top that Beatles costs significantly more (not that pf issues are acceptable on any new game, but I would say it is less acceptable on a premium model)

#21 3 months ago

My Police Force had indentations in the clear under the sling posts when I rebuilt it and did a clear coat on the PF Las year. I guess I should have called B/W up and let them know!

#22 3 months ago

A second run/push is probably why Jack Danger just got one in his studio......

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball USA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Bloomfield Township, MI

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside