Beatles_All_You_Need_Is_Love (resized).JPG
Beatles_Cartoon-1024x640[1] (resized).jpg
ringo (resized).jpg
Beatles-Mothball-Insect-Repellent (resized).jpg
th015516EE (resized).jpg
levi ball gloves (resized).JPG
still approved (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider methos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'm happy this thread exists...I couldn't bring myself to post in that other crap fest.
I like it! I'm honestly not sure what else people would have expected for a Beatles game focusing on this era. It just proves that yet again Stern is in a can't win position. A classic era game style fits the theme perfectly. They used what many argue is their best classic design. I think it looks really fun for what it is! The art is also perfect for the theme. This thing screams sixties to me...which is a good thing here. While I personally would have rather seen something from the Revolver or Sgt Pepper era, if you are going for the early era I really do not know how they could have done it any better. Franchi absolutely nailed what he was asked to do in my opinion.
My two biggest concerns are songs and price. I hope there are more songs than are listed on the playfield. Time will tell. If only these five songs, that would definitely be a missed opportunity. I can only assume the license dictated this, and that's a shame. Price is the big one. While I really like what I see of the game so far, I hope the price reflects the simplicity. I know it won't...and that is the one place I really think this could be a miss. If the rumors of diamond pricing are true...well I can't quite wrap my head around that one. In reality this SHOULD be cheaper than a pro. I understand why it will not / cannot be, but that doesn't mean I like it. I am hoping at worst the gold is priced lower than a premium, but I'm not holding my breath on that one either. I guess we will find out soon enough.
Pricing concerns aside, I can't wait to see the rest of the package and play it! It looks fun to shoot and looks like it will pull the player in to the Beatlemania era nicely.

I was a bit disappointed at first, but some of the images and things are actually pretty cool and I love the spinning disc in the shape of a 45. Just wish more of the real images were used (brand, album art, etc). Maybe a bit of Hamburg would have been fitting as a tribute.

I love all their material, but the older material is engrained in rock and roll and they were still a band back then, as a live act nobody could touch them. After MMT it was downhill so I'm cool with the selections. Honestly, if the cost comes in right, I'll pick one up and trade my Seawitch away.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It is funny to me seeing posts in the dumpster fire thread about how this is the Beatles "weakest period" and it's a "big miss."
The Beatles were literally the biggest thing on Earth in 1964. And in the US for a country reeling from the JFK assassination it was a bit of a national healing and distraction. Don't get these particular complaints at all.
I'm particular to 1966-post Beatles, but there's no denying the Beatles were never a bigger cultural phenomena than they were in 1964. Girls were clawing their own faces off at concerts. Fans were tearing the doors off their cars.
The artwork gets Beatlemania down perfectly. It achieves what it sets out to.

Exactly.

It's amazing how people dismiss the older material as "bubblegum/pop crap". I love it all, my favorite album is MMT - but I can tell you playing the older material in the original key at the octave they sang it at is very difficult. Their live renditions of early RnR is second to none, (Long Tall Sally, Twist and Shout, Some Other Guy, etc). They took shitty B sides from America and made them into a legacy that will last a very long time. Once they hit America, there was no stopping them.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Growing up my parents were big fans, and they mostly listened to this early era, so I will always have a soft spot for it. I really love all the old memorabilia used in the art. I agree about the 45...that's pure awesome. Love it in X-Men, and it's a great fit here. I really hope the prices come in reasonable. I am not very hopeful, but we'll see. Hope you get one!

What would have been cool is if it was the Capitol swirl or the rainbow label was used, but Apple probably doesn't want Capitol to get jack shit even all these decades later.

#316 5 years ago

Thinking hard about it. The more I see, the more I'm leaning that way. Dump my Seawitch (new bg and pf), and the price of this doesn't look as bad.

Of course having both side by side would be cool as hell too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

10,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethesda, MD
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider methos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-reconsidred-all-you-need-is-love?tu=methos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.