Beatles_All_You_Need_Is_Love (resized).JPG
Beatles_Cartoon-1024x640[1] (resized).jpg
ringo (resized).jpg
Beatles-Mothball-Insect-Repellent (resized).jpg
th015516EE (resized).jpg
levi ball gloves (resized).JPG
still approved (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 5 years ago

I'm digging some of the upgrades made. Could really bring some life to the layout if they are done correctly. I'm looking forward to playing it as it's a style of game that I really like. Price will determine if I actually buy one.

Quoted from Ericc123:

Supposedly this game won’t be on location. No coin mechs.

You guys do realize that there are a ton of locations that charge a flat fee to play for a day or just have all of their games on free play and make money of food and drinks. Coin mechs do not prevent a game from being in the public to play.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hallucinations are folks thinking this could be 5k or less. Even 7500k would be a surprise although a good one - still too high IMO. This is a super limited edition built out of their Ka-Pow relationship which is def targeted to insane pricing. Google beatles pinball and you'll see multiple articles about how expensive this will be.
Look - I understand you're trying to ignore the pricing on this and looking at the fact this is cool b/c it's a rerelease. I get that. It's just poisoned upon arrival due to it's pricing. Period.
In the event stern surprises everyone and drops the price - sweet! However this topic is created based on the pricing being high and it's ignoring it which I don't agree with.

How can we ignore what doesn't exist yet. You keep saying the price, the price, etc. But we do not know the price yet. I also do not get how stern is bending anyone over. You like it and can afford it, go for it. If not who cares, just don't buy one. I'll help pinside understand this the only way that they know how. With a carguement. There are a lot of really expensive cars that I really like and want. I can't afford or justify buying them though so I just don't buy one. I'm not offended by the company and I'm not upset at anyone that is lucky enough to have enough dough to blow on crazy cars.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

haha - yes, pinside does love the carguement. Staying with that - it's like getting a 1991 Hyundai accent with no power steering or AC yet being charged 100k for it.
As for ignoring what doesn't exist - if you think the price on this game is going to be low, it would be the definition of ignorant. We're reacting based on what we've been told which is this game is not going to be cheap. In fact this thread assumes that as people are defending the game WITH a high price tag.

Never said the price would be low. It doesn't need to be low either, it just needs to be inline with the market. That has yet be be determined as we do not know the price yet. Spooky set the stage by showing that people will pay $6200+ for a NIB TNA. TNA is a blast but it is a very simple game. How much did you pay for your TNA when you bought an early one from someone? If this game comes in cheaper then the TNA you bought with more to offer and an expensive license are you still going to think stern is robbing people?

I love TNA and I'm glad stern made a throw back offering. If priced right it will sell great. I'm not even in consideration for the silver and diamond or whatever models but I'm still hoping for a fairly priced gold. I dont care about rarity or collect ability so those 2 mean nothing to me.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK - they're still only releasing the amount I thought (less than 2000) so this thing is going to be through the roof. If they hit pro at normal pricing, as mentioned before, I wouldn't have an issue.
Lets hope this article is wrong - expensive machine ever! haha
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/beatles-pinball/

I'm sure the Diamond and Platinum ones are going to be stupid expensive but they are not targeting pinball players with them. The only thing I care about is what the gold has and how much it costs. If it's inline with TNA or close then I don't see how people can really bitch all that much. At best a new TNA with no upgrades is $6200+ delivered and with all of the options can push close to 8K.

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I mean, if you don't pay attention to anything I say and just heard "early solid state ... modern release" and run with it, sure. Otherwise it's nothing like what I've advocated for. Starting with the fact that this looks like a poster child for buying a license and slapping it on an existing game like that's any kind of design. Recycled layout, lazy-ass license hack-job art, hard pass. It's a cash-in, and that's it. I really don't care about Levi's sad little "but think of their business model" post, how they try to make money isn't my problem.
If you want to over-pay for one then go for it, but I just want to see the magnet in action and then forget it exists.

Pretty shitty for a fellow pinball artist to just straight out dump on another artist like that. If you don't like the art you can at least say something in a respectful way about it. Pretty sure you didn't care for people attacking your art like this. Franchi isn't my favorite artist at stern but it's more of a style thing for me. A lot of people love his work just like many people like your work on Alien. No real reason to be a jerk about it.

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Man you guys are drinking the Stern Kool aid. It's unbelievable. Not only is this post over the top for protecting stems obvious cash grab but you're talking to Aurich who is truly an original artist that has basically resurrected the garbage art that is the shadow let alone his great work on Alien and countless other projects.
I'm a guy that has no art talent what so ever so troll away on me but have some damn respect to someone that actually moved this pinball industry forward instead of defending the cheap and lazy.

Lol, what are you talking about. Dude just straight up called Franchi a lazy ass hack. I could care less if stern sells one Beatles pin, doesn't affect me at all. There's just no need to be like that.

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Uh, I ate shit from a lot of people about my art, and I didn't get butt hurt over it. It's a forum, people post opinions, adults deal with it. The people who got personal got added to my ignore list. Life went on.
The game looks like a Rolling Stones era Stern license paste job, I'm not gonna pretend otherwise out of some "code of pinball artist" nonsense. If this forum is just for "being nice" then Robin should just shut it down and everyone can go home. When I'm excited about something I don't have to fake it, it's a pleasure to be excited. When something looks bad I don't pretend it's actually good just because it's pinball, and we need to tiptoe around it.

They took Seawitch, added a couple mechs, and slathered it in Beatles License Juice™, it is a lazy ass hack job. I think Christopher Franchi is plenty talented, I have an original print by him. But that doesn't mean the game looks good. His talents are better served by large portraits, I don't think he does collage well.
Repeating the band members 20 times, and then filling the empty space with record and music clip art doesn't make a good package. That's my opinion. You don't have to agree, but you don't get to tell me I'm wrong either. That's how opinions work.
The original Seawitch art isn't amazing, but it's sure a hell of a lot more interesting than this. I'd give Stern a lot of props if they shows this as Seawitch 2.0, with optional updated code, so you could play the original or a modern version, complete with new magnet (the spinning disk is lame and could definitely go). They didn't, they half assed their expensive license, couldn't even do a new layout, so I'm not gonna suck them off.

I didn't say tip toe around anything, theres no reason to be a dick though. And you got plenty butthurt and disappeared from the forums for a while, cant say as I blame you as some people were just straight up asses to you.

I like your Alien work, I like most of your work. That doesn't excuse the way you talk about other artists though. Its straight up bush league and you of all people should know better.

#208 5 years ago

So what I heard if things stay the same is the price is going to be 8K. Not sure if that is street price or not though. Too much for me, I was hoping for more around $6500 or so but it is what it is. Still looking forward to trying this game out though. Looks like a lot of fun, just not 8K fun for me. Here's to hoping a friend close by gets one.

#220 5 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

I didn't know price information was released. What was it about the price you found too much? How much was it?

Not official but the gold are 8k.

#232 5 years ago

Turns out I've got plenty of love for the game. Just not enough cash to blow.

#245 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

This isn't a collectable, though. It might one day be, but it isn't now.

Just like the KISS army was going to go crazy for Kiss pinball.

#266 5 years ago

Anytime you make something that is not for the people that use your product you better really know what you are doing. I keep seeing people say that The Beatles pin is not for us, it's for those super duper Beatles fans that just are tripping over money. People are not going to pay 8K or 15K or whatever for a pinball machine if they are not really into pinball. Sure you might get a couple of impulse collector buyers, but a couple does not mean 1964 sales or get even remotely close to that. I know 3 distros and as of a couple of days ago they had zero sales locked in for this game yet. It's going to be lucky to sell 500 much less 1964. It's foolish to think 1964 random people are going to want a pinball machine because it has The Beatles on it.

It's a pinball machine, it's made for pinball players. I'd personally love to have one. Just not going to happen at 8K though.

#272 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?
Supreme sold out an undetermined number of $10,000 pinball machines to people who don't even know what pinball is, in 8 seconds.
I guess there's just no chance of a little wait-and-see on this one huh?
Right now I'm pretty convinced that at least 50 percent of pinside believes in their very soul that this game will be priced at $50,000, feature 6 second loops of five songs, and will not sell.
Big reveal is coming on November 6. Keep your pants on!

Common sense I guess.

The Gold's are 8K, the platinum and Diamonds cost the distro's the same but will be sold for as much as they can make on them. You have to buy a 10 pack to get 2 platinums and 1 diamond and 7 golds. Buying 10 or more at a time is the only way for a distro to get the platinums or golds. I expect the songs will be well integrated and the game to be really fun. Pants will stay on, that's what belts are for. So people do already know the pricing, and not many people are biting at the moment. This is a completely different case then Supreme. Supreme was a tiny run directly through stern. The Beatles is going through Distro's and will be sold like any other stern.

#274 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Common sense tells me that a limited edition game from the #1 pinball company with one of the most highly anticipated licenses of all time will sell just fine.
So I guess we'll just have to wait to see how common sense is these days.

Don't think this is the most highly anticipated license of all time. Sure some have been waiting for it, but it was never something that seemed to generate a ton of buzz within the hobby.

Maybe I'm wrong and it will sell out fast. It's going to take a lot of people changing their minds on Nov 6th though. Stranger things have happened.

#276 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Remember how nobody was going to buy JJP POTC when they took that triple spinning disc out?
Minds change around here all the time once a game is actually revealed and people have had time to rationalize buying it. Don't forget, these are toys and luxury items, and the reality is that ALL NIB purchases are a waste of money.
Lines in the sand disappear like a fart in the wind here all the time. If people want it, they'll buy it, regardless of all the sound and the fury.

All true, but JJP POTC has taken a hit in sales. I think it's due to the huge delays more then a spinning disc though. Peoples attention spans aren't that long. Some will circle back around now that its finally shipping.

#282 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Where are you buying TNA for 6500!!! You need a better distributor!
6k to everyone else... If you honestly paid 500 more then anyone else, then I am not sure where to start?
That said, yes! I expect the worlds largest pinball manufacturer to be able to build something like this for a fraction of the cost it takes a boutique manufacturer building a truly limited game (550 vs 1964). This is also NOT a unique design and instead a reworked title, reskinned with a few small adjustments. They are using known assets on a licensed title. They have to created and design very little for this game.

6K plus any add ons plus shipping. Get's you to $6500 or real close every time. Sterns games for the most part include shipping in their price so you can't just ignore that fact.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Certainly true! And I believe this will be the case here.
People just love the Beatles Man! Great band, great tunes, great memories.

I sure hope so. Gets me a much better chance of a HUO gold in the sixes down the road.

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

He is seriously a short trip from picking up a game. Sorry, but shipping is on the buyer.
I dont pay for original cost of shipping on the secondary market when buying a used game, so it does not apply on the first timer either. That is the cost of buying a NIB pinball, not part of the cost.
That would be like trying to get someone to pay my tax on an in state purchase.

It does apply. Stern says a game is $5600 and that's what it is if you pick it up or have it delivered. Spooky games do not include delivery so that's an extra cost that I guess everyone but you factors into the total cost of the game.

Or Zach can take the very short 8hr one way drive to Benton like you recommend.

#289 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We named THE DOG Indiana!!!!

Right, it's imaginary $6,000 Monster Bash remake syndrome. Since this hobby is in large part built upon rationalizing purchases I guess it makes sense.
It's painful, but we always gotta factor in REAL expenses when rationalizing a purchase of a pin, and really, nobody wants to do that (unless they are bashing a Stern I think). I just bought an EBD project for $950, which is a great deal. But it's actually $1150 once my transportation expenses are factored in. And I'm gonna put an Alltek in it...and send the sound board out for repair...you get the picture...
But...all I'm telling anybody today is that I "scored an EBD for 950 bucks dude! BOOOOOOOOOM!!!"

Don't tell anyone, they will expect you to sell it to them for $950 because your time, shipping, and boards are apparently of no value these days lol.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah, if shipping really is $500 bucks, then a short trip to have some fun, document for the show, and pick up a game sounds like a blast! also a great deal to save on that much for shipping.
TNA is MSRP $5995 that is a fact jack

No doubt, that's all very true. But time, gas, hotels, finding a way to fit it in the schedule, etc all costs you something. So to me that's an extra cost because I can literally do nothing extra and have a NIB stern at more door Wed if I called today. That's not a negative on Spooky or AP or any of the companies that do not include shipping. Just something to consider if you are not local.

#299 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Let's cry about no Coin Door !!![quoted image]

How will I get my coins in the game?

#322 5 years ago

I tried to buy one of these earlier from my distro with love. He informed me cash was also needed. I feel the title of the thread mislead me and put me in an awkward situation.

#327 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

The Beatles changed the world. What did KISS do?

Made music, sold albums, toured around, gave their opinions about shit, eventually got on everyone's nerves. You know, just like every other really famous group.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

10,282 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-reconsidred-all-you-need-is-love?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.