Beatles_All_You_Need_Is_Love (resized).JPG
Beatles_Cartoon-1024x640[1] (resized).jpg
ringo (resized).jpg
Beatles-Mothball-Insect-Repellent (resized).jpg
th015516EE (resized).jpg
levi ball gloves (resized).JPG
still approved (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 5 years ago

I'm not sure how people can support this from Stern. It's really mind boggling and truly shows why we sometimes get bent over in this industry.

I get all of the points made for the folks that support this HOWEVER what absolutely kills this for me is the price. Are we forgetting how much this game is going for? They can creatively make this is as simple and retro cool as they want but for folks to support them taking this mega franchise, essentially rebranding an older game so they can quickly move on this and then sell it as an absolutely ridiculous price is unbelievable.

How about we take our money and support companies like Spooky, AP or even JJP that are innovating with original IP's - taking a gamble but moving this hobby into a better place as opposed to rewarding a simple cash grab. Hell even CGC who is taking games not reachable by many, improving them and then selling them at a great price is something to create a supportive thread for.

I like Stern a lot. I've never been one of these haters that says stern is junk, etc. To say so would be ignorant b/c they literally kept this industry alive. On the flip side - to reward them with nonsense like this is just too much. If I could downvote this thread twice I would. We shouldn't be celebrating a strategy like this.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Did you hit your head this morning and forget about the cheapest, best games available today - stuff like Iron Maiden, Deadpool, Metallica, AC/DC etc? This stuff is rolling off the line and costs LESS than any of the games by the companies you listed that we are supposed to be supporting because they don't "bend us over."
I get your point about the Beatles costing too much. Yeah it sucks that I won't be buying one, but I've never bought an NIB game in my life and don't plan to. Stern are not monsters. They are a company. They don't hate you. They like being in business and making a profit.
This is part of their business plan. Their bread and butter will ALWAYS BE the affordable, awesome games like Iron Maiden. You should give them credit for that. Whenever something like this or Supreme comes around, everybody pretends that they aren't STILL making and selling the most affordable games on the planet. Without Stern Route pinball would be dead.
Nobody is gonna build a route on expensive boutique games with limited appeal. And that's all that would exist without Stern constantly churning out quality, affordable product.
I mean, I know you understand this. And you won't "reward Them" by buying one, which is smart for you. But someone who wants to buy one of these isn't doing anything wrong or getting "bent over," any more than someone who buys a Houdini for $7,000.

Read my message again and then read your reply to me and if what you said still makes sense, well you're officially earned your name.

I never said Stern was monsters. I love stern for exactly the tables you mentioned. I DON"T love this strategy and we shouldn't be supporting it. They know people are diehard Beatles fans and will blindly buy what they're selling. Maybe not people like you and I but believe me - they are out there and I think Stern should be responsible enough to design something that warrants this price OR keep it simple/rehash and price accordingly.

They are taking advantage of these folks, bending them over and I don't like it. Yes these folks should say no so it's not all stern's doing but again - they are a well established company and they don't need cash ins like this. I for one will not support it and I certainly don't believe we need a supportive thread for this crap.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I
A classic Stern update? Count me in. More please!

More like, "A classic Stern update with a modern JJP price and then some?"

"More please" to that Levi?

Hell no would be my answer. I hope this thing crashes and burns. NOT b/c of the idea - but the pricing. If they released with a classic stern price - sure!

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We have no idea what the actual pricing would be.
If Beatles is available for $7500, wouldn't that quell the outrage a bit? You realize there's gotta be a Beatles premium on this.
As usual, people are so eager to shit all over Stern they just hallucinate things to shit on them about. Let's catch our breath for a minute!
If this opens the door to more updated classics, yes, it's a great thing. The world needs more Star Gazers.

Hallucinations are folks thinking this could be 5k or less. Even 7500k would be a surprise although a good one - still too high IMO. This is a super limited edition built out of their Ka-Pow relationship which is def targeted to insane pricing. Google beatles pinball and you'll see multiple articles about how expensive this will be.

Look - I understand you're trying to ignore the pricing on this and looking at the fact this is cool b/c it's a rerelease. I get that. It's just poisoned upon arrival due to it's pricing. Period.

In the event stern surprises everyone and drops the price - sweet! However this topic is created based on the pricing being high and it's ignoring it which I don't agree with.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Slightly relevant since there was a question of "classic pricing" -- so if this thing sold for $5800 would that be considered fair?

Yes - IMO it would be. I'm not sure anyone on this entire website thinks Beatles is going to sell at 5800.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

How can we ignore what doesn't exist yet. You keep saying the price, the price, etc. But we do not know the price yet. I also do not get how stern is bending anyone over. You like it and can afford it, go for it. If not who cares, just don't buy one. I'll help pinside understand this the only way that they know how. With a carguement. There are a lot of really expensive cars that I really like and want. I can't afford or justify buying them though so I just don't buy one. I'm not offended by the company and I'm not upset at anyone that is lucky enough to have enough dough to blow on crazy cars.

haha - yes, pinside does love the carguement. Staying with that - it's like getting a 1991 Hyundai accent with no power steering or AC yet being charged 100k for it.

As for ignoring what doesn't exist - if you think the price on this game is going to be low, it would be the definition of ignorant. We're reacting based on what we've been told which is this game is not going to be cheap. In fact this thread assumes that as people are defending the game WITH a high price tag.

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

So what’s your price prediction on the pro model?

I don't know - will there even be a pro model? I thought this type of release is 1 model only.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Never said the price would be low. It doesn't need to be low either, it just needs to be inline with the market. That has yet be be determined as we do not know the price yet. Spooky set the stage by showing that people will pay $6200+ for a NIB TNA. TNA is a blast but it is a very simple game. How much did you pay for your TNA when you bought an early one from someone? If this game comes in cheaper then the TNA you bought with more to offer and an expensive license are you still going to think stern is robbing people?
I love TNA and I'm glad stern made a throw back offering. If priced right it will sell great. I'm not even in consideration for the silver and gold models but I'm still hoping for a fairly priced gold. I dont care about rarity or collect ability so those 2 mean nothing to me.

No issue if this game comes in below 6k but from what we've heard thus far, it's like saying no issue if MBr LE comes in at 4k.

#95 5 years ago

OK - they're still only releasing the amount I thought (less than 2000) so this thing is going to be through the roof. If they hit pro at normal pricing, as mentioned before, I wouldn't have an issue.

Lets hope this article is wrong - expensive machine ever! haha

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/beatles-pinball/

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I'm sure the Diamond and Platinum ones are going to be stupid expensive but they are not targeting pinball players with them. The only thing I care about is what the gold has and how much it costs. If it's inline with TNA or close then I don't see how people can really bitch all that much. At best a new TNA with no upgrades is $6200+ delivered and with all of the options can push close to 8K.

Hopefully the build quality will be like a TnA and have that incredible DEFAULT sound quality

It's incredible how divided people are on this topic.....

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Pretty shitty for a fellow pinball artist to just straight out dump on another artist like that. If you don't like the art you can at least say something in a respectful way about it. Pretty sure you didn't care for people attacking your art like this. Franchi isn't my favorite artist at stern but it's more of a style thing for me. A lot of people love his work just like many people like your work on Alien. No real reason to be a jerk about it.

Man you guys are drinking the Stern Kool aid. It's unbelievable. Not only is this post over the top for protecting stems obvious cash grab but you're talking to Aurich who is truly an original artist that has basically resurrected the garbage art that is the shadow let alone his great work on Alien and countless other projects.

I'm a guy that has no art talent what so ever so troll away on me but have some damn respect to someone that actually moved this pinball industry forward instead of defending the cheap and lazy.

On that note I'm going to thank aurich again for his amazing Shadow work.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Lol, what are you talking about. Dude just straight up call Franchi lazy ass hack. I could care less if stern sells one Beatles pin, doesn't affect me at all. There's just no need to be like that.

The entire game is lazy including the art. Cmon you have to admit this. Otherwise the crazy train has officially left with Levi as the conductor.

CrazyLevi - Alien art is atrocious? Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? Ok you might not like it but atrocious? Oh man the crazy runs deep.

Anyway I do understand that this thread is self admittingly ignoring price/common sense and wants nothing but positive comments so I'll respect that but F any manufacturer that cash grabs like this. It's a slap in the face to their consumer. Everyone makes mistakes so I'm still a Stern supporter but they failed on this one.

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So that's a no on you saying anything nice about the Beatles project?
There's so much low-hanging fruit here. How about being happy for the people who really want a Beatles game? Or maybe you like spinners? Or you dig "Baby you can drive my car?"
There's gotta be something!

Get ready for it

I'm happy to hear that Stern hasn't released the pricing which would make me even more angry!

Kidding..... I'm happy that this will make the news and bring additional attention to the industry.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethesda, MD
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-reconsidred-all-you-need-is-love?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.