Beatles_All_You_Need_Is_Love (resized).JPG
Beatles_Cartoon-1024x640[1] (resized).jpg
ringo (resized).jpg
Beatles-Mothball-Insect-Repellent (resized).jpg
th015516EE (resized).jpg
levi ball gloves (resized).JPG
still approved (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 361 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
#1 5 years ago

Now that the dust is settled and people are starting to become fatigued from bitching (sort of a refractory period if you will), it's time for us to climb out of the wreckage and grasp at the rays of sunshine peeking through the dark, pendulous clouds of Pinside.

Let's give our sincere and completely non-sarcastic takes on what we LIKE about the forthcoming Stern Beatles release! Remember...in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make!

-Stern is re-releasing and updating a classic 40-year old pinball machine. People have been clamoring for this for years, and it opens the door to the possibility of other updated releases like the direly-needed Stargazer and Quicksilver. Maybe new versions with LCDs and updated code, along with the options to play the classic games? Oh the possibilities!!!

-Stern is releasing the first-ever officially licensed Beatles game. The Beatles remain bigger than Jesus, and people have been clamoring for this for years! Oh happy day!

-The game, like virtually all recent Stern releases save WWE, will likely kick all sorts of ass to play. Despite the typically horrible teaser trailer (an amateur affair that like many before it - Star Wars comes to mind - makes the game look like it plays slow as a turtle and dumb as a chimp), this game will likely be fast and furious with great rules. That's what stern does, over and over again. And, the playfield has obviously been tweaked to make it play faster and smoother than before. Real players know what to look for.

-Stern will be making millions in profits on this project, ensuring the long-term financial health of the company for years to come. Competition is good for pinball!!

So there you have it. Let the lovefest commence!

#2 5 years ago

Is Crazy Levi a shill account for Gary Stern?

I mean I did meet you...but how do I know you where not wearing a mask?

#4 5 years ago

This kind of thread is the reason that pinside can become so cluttered. You could have just posted this in the Beatles thread. No reason to start a new one other than to say look at me.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

This kind of thread is the reason that pinside can become so cluttered. You could have just posted this in the Beatles thread. No reason to start a new one other than to say look at me.

There's like 5 other Beatles parody threads. Now there's 6!

#6 5 years ago

So, even if this was Stern Pro pricing, I wouldn't own it, because I'd prefer an actual Seawitch remake. But I wouldn't be surprised to see this game show up in tournaments, and 6 months later when the code is awesome, everyone will want to play one, but they'll be hard to find on location like Batman 66.

I'm betting it will be a lot of fun.

#7 5 years ago

I'm sure the game will be fun to play as it is a rethemed sea witch ,which is a proven fun game. But, if the rumored prices are true it's not worth buying. This is what frustrates people who want Beatles because they love the theme but, they either can't afford it now or don't want to spend crazy money on a rethemed sea witch. I guess we will have to wait and see the official announcement on pricing.

#8 5 years ago

What are the prices?

#9 5 years ago

I agree with Levi here...a classic Table design from the SS era updated is nice to see. And if Stern does make big profits from “non-pinhead Beatles fans”, that just makes Stern viable for longer, which gives them more resources to innovate and deliver games that the Pinside community will more thoroughly embrace and enjoy. I for one look forward to playing this on location. Space and funds limit my collection and I already know I can’t have them all.....so this one will be getting my quarters anytime I see it on location. If this game helps operators in that regard, then I say Stern has a win-win on its hands for those who are pinball professionals.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I agree with Levi here...a classic Table design from the SS era updated is nice to see. And if Stern does make big profits from “non-pinhead Beatles fans”, that just makes Stern viable for longer, which gives them more resources to innovate and deliver games that the Pinside community will more thoroughly embrace and enjoy. I for one look forward to playing this on location. Space and funds limit my collection and I already know I can’t have them all.....so this one will be getting my quarters anytime I see it on location. If this game helps operators in that regard, then I say Stern has a win-win on its hands for those who are pinball professionals.

Supposedly this game won’t be on location. No coin mechs.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There's like 5 other Beatles parody threads. Now there's 6!

That’s my point.

#12 5 years ago

Hey Levi you have a bunch of brown stuff on your nose-I keed I keed

I do think it is cool they are re-issuing an older title

Brown noser.pngBrown noser.png
#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Hmmmmmm....

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Now that the dust is settled and people are starting to become fatigued from bitching, it's time for us to climb out of the wreckage and grasp at the rays of sunshine peeking through the dark, pendulous clouds of Pinside.
Let's give our sincere and completely non-sarcastic takes on what we LIKE about the forthcoming Stern Beatles release! Remember...in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make!
-Stern is re-releasing and updating a classic 40-year old pinball machine. People have been clamoring for this for years, and it opens the door to the possibility of other updated releases like the direly-needed Stargazer and Quicksilver. Maybe new versions with LCDs and updated code, along with the options to play the classic games? Oh the possibilities!!!
-Stern is releasing the first-ever officially licensed Beatles game. The Beatles remain bigger than Jesus, and people have been clamoring for this for years! Oh happy day!
-The game, like virtually all recent Stern releases save WWE, will likely kick all sorts of ass to play. Despite the typically horrible teaser trailer (an amateur affair that like many before it - Star Wars comes to mind - makes the game look like it plays slow as a turtle and dumb as a chimp), this game will likely be fast and furious with great rules. That's what stern does, over and over again. And, the playfield has obviously been tweaked to make it play faster and smoother than before. Real players know what to look for.
-Stern will be making millions of profits on this project, ensuring the long-term financial health of the company for years to come. Competition is good for pinball!!
So there you have it. Let the lovefest commence!

Levi approved (resized).JPGLevi approved (resized).JPG
#15 5 years ago

The game is supposed to look like typical 60s cheese. That’s the point. It’s based on a classic 1980 table. Also the point.

I don’t like the way it looks, but I also don’t like the 60s aesthetic of Gottlieb EMs. Stern made a conscious decision on art direction knowing it wouldn’t please everyone. I’m kind of embarrassed reading the vitriol and hate on some other threads.

The opposite of love isn’t hate. It’s indifference. I’m indifferent to this game, but I hope Stern sells all of them to people who will enjoy it.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

The game is supposed to look like typical 60s cheese. That’s the point. It’s based on a classic 1980 table. Also the point.
I don’t like the way it looks, but I also don’t like the 60s aesthetic of Gottlieb EMs. Stern made a conscious decision on art direction knowing it wouldn’t please everyone. I’m kind of embarrassed reading the vitriol and hate.
The opposite of love isn’t hate. It’s indifference. I’m indifferent to this game, but I hope Stern sells all of them to people who will enjoy it.

Stern didn’t have control of the art direction. To make it clear, that doesn’t mean I like it. I have very little interest in this machine. I’m curious to see pricing

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Is Crazy Levi a shill account for Gary Stern?

I mean I did meet you...but how do I know you where not wearing a mask?

BOOM! Proof baby! From England even, home of the Fab Four!

gs (resized).jpggs (resized).jpg
#19 5 years ago

I'm digging some of the upgrades made. Could really bring some life to the layout if they are done correctly. I'm looking forward to playing it as it's a style of game that I really like. Price will determine if I actually buy one.

Quoted from Ericc123:

You guys do realize that there are a ton of locations that charge a flat fee to play for a day or just have all of their games on free play and make money of food and drinks. Coin mechs do not prevent a game from being in the public to play.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I'm digging some of the upgrades made. Could really bring some life to the layout if they are done correctly. I'm looking forward to playing it as it's a style of game that I really like. Price will determine if I actually by one.

You guys do realize that there are a ton of locations that charge a flat fee to play for a day or just have all of their games on free play and make money of food and drinks. Coin mechs do not prevent a game from being in the public to play.

I can think of a ton of free-play locations.

I can also think of one non-free play location that would SURELY buy one of these, but probably won't without a coin door (sunshine in Brooklyn).

#21 5 years ago

I'm happy this thread exists...I couldn't bring myself to post in that other crap fest.

I like it! I'm honestly not sure what else people would have expected for a Beatles game focusing on this era. It just proves that yet again Stern is in a can't win position. A classic era game style fits the theme perfectly. They used what many argue is their best classic design. I think it looks really fun for what it is! The art is also perfect for the theme. This thing screams sixties to me...which is a good thing here. While I personally would have rather seen something from the Revolver or Sgt Pepper era, if you are going for the early era I really do not know how they could have done it any better. Franchi absolutely nailed what he was asked to do in my opinion.

My two biggest concerns are songs and price. I hope there are more songs than are listed on the playfield. Time will tell. If only these five songs, that would definitely be a missed opportunity. I can only assume the license dictated this, and that's a shame. Price is the big one. While I really like what I see of the game so far, I hope the price reflects the simplicity. I know it won't...and that is the one place I really think this could be a miss. If the rumors of diamond pricing are true...well I can't quite wrap my head around that one. In reality this SHOULD be cheaper than a pro. I understand why it will not / cannot be, but that doesn't mean I like it. I am hoping at worst the gold is priced lower than a premium, but I'm not holding my breath on that one either. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Pricing concerns aside, I can't wait to see the rest of the package and play it! It looks fun to shoot and looks like it will pull the player in to the Beatlemania era nicely.

#22 5 years ago

Expected to start out from the old Cavern Club daze to progress through the years,ending up with some great wizard modes, centering on the concert on the roof of Apple as a finish!!

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Expected to start out from the old Cavern Club daze to progress through the years,ending up with some great wizard modes, centering on the concert on the roof of Apple as a finish!!

roof (resized).pngroof (resized).png
#24 5 years ago

The have the right layout game and theme as long as the price matches this could be an interesting title. Regardless they will sell just maybe not to Pinside pinball collectors but buyers are buyers in business.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'm happy this thread exists...I couldn't bring myself to post in that other crap fest.
I like it! I'm honestly not sure what else people would have expected for a Beatles game focusing on this era. It just proves that yet again Stern is in a can't win position. A classic era game style fits the theme perfectly. They used what many argue is their best classic design. I think it looks really fun for what it is! The art is also perfect for the theme. This thing screams sixties to me...which is a good thing here. While I personally would have rather seen something from the Revolver or Sgt Pepper era, if you are going for the early era I really do not know how they could have done it any better. Franchi absolutely nailed what he was asked to do in my opinion.
My two biggest concerns are songs and price. I hope there are more songs than are listed on the playfield. Time will tell. If only these five songs, that would definitely be a missed opportunity. I can only assume the license dictated this, and that's a shame. Price is the big one. While I really like what I see of the game so far, I hope the price reflects the simplicity. I know it won't...and that is the one place I really think this could be a miss. If the rumors of diamond pricing are true...well I can't quite wrap my head around that one. In reality this SHOULD be cheaper than a pro. I understand why it will not / cannot be, but that doesn't mean I like it. I am hoping at worst the gold is priced lower than a premium, but I'm not holding my breath on that one either. I guess we will find out soon enough.
Pricing concerns aside, I can't wait to see the rest of the package and play it! It looks fun to shoot and looks like it will pull the player in to the Beatlemania era nicely.

I was a bit disappointed at first, but some of the images and things are actually pretty cool and I love the spinning disc in the shape of a 45. Just wish more of the real images were used (brand, album art, etc). Maybe a bit of Hamburg would have been fitting as a tribute.

I love all their material, but the older material is engrained in rock and roll and they were still a band back then, as a live act nobody could touch them. After MMT it was downhill so I'm cool with the selections. Honestly, if the cost comes in right, I'll pick one up and trade my Seawitch away.

#26 5 years ago

Link to pictures, please....

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I love all their material, but the older material has more rock and roll and they were still a band back then. After MMT it was downhill so I'm cool with the selections. Honestly, if the cost comes in right, I'll pick one up and trade my Seawitch away.

It is funny to me seeing posts in the dumpster fire thread about how this is the Beatles "weakest period" and it's a "big miss."

The Beatles were literally the biggest thing on Earth in 1964. And in the US for a country reeling from the JFK assassination it was a bit of a national healing and distraction. Don't get these particular complaints at all.

I'm particular to 1966-post Beatles, but there's no denying the Beatles were never a bigger cultural phenomena than they were in 1964. Girls were clawing their own faces off at concerts. Fans were tearing the doors off their cars.

The artwork gets Beatlemania down perfectly. It achieves what it sets out to.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Link to pictures, please....

These are the current pictures.

1ab90cefa292a7ecbbf215a15cf190283ce95cae (resized).jpg1ab90cefa292a7ecbbf215a15cf190283ce95cae (resized).jpg2d93aeabc298c2fd02024fe173f27408f006ad4f (resized).jpg2d93aeabc298c2fd02024fe173f27408f006ad4f (resized).jpg56688e1f6f4e911e05a43c6e9e96fe2502ae47da (resized).jpg56688e1f6f4e911e05a43c6e9e96fe2502ae47da (resized).jpg97a1b622eaad264f00c41317dd4899844d32170d (resized).jpg97a1b622eaad264f00c41317dd4899844d32170d (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1540348446759 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1540348446759 (resized).jpg
#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

how much for the art blades?

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

how much for the art blades?

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I was a bit disappointed at first, but some of the images and things are actually pretty cool and I love the spinning disc in the shape of a 45. Just wish more of the real images were used (brand, album art, etc). Maybe a bit of Hamburg would have been fitting as a tribute.
I love all their material, but the older material has more rock and roll and they were still a band back then. After MMT it was downhill so I'm cool with the selections. Honestly, if the cost comes in right, I'll pick one up and trade my Seawitch away.

Growing up my parents were big fans, and they mostly listened to this early era, so I will always have a soft spot for it. I really love all the old memorabilia used in the art. I agree about the 45...that's pure awesome. Love it in X-Men, and it's a great fit here. I really hope the prices come in reasonable. I am not very hopeful, but we'll see. Hope you get one!

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Thanks!!

#33 5 years ago

Seriously though, just like Supreme this is a simple cash grab that does absolutely nothing to disrupt their release schedule. I have zero problem with it and I hope they sell a bunch.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Seriously though, just like Supreme this is a simple cash grab that does absolutely nothing to disrupt their release schedule. I have zero problem with it and I hope they sell a bunch.

This guy gets it!

1 down....28,976 to go.

#35 5 years ago

My ray of sunshine from this Beatles pin is believing that Stern will eventually do a Seawitch HD/2.0 re-skin for this new 2018 setup (ala PBR) with same magnets, spinning disc, ball lock, and whatever else we’re missing from this new reimagined layout.
Call it “Revenge of Seawitch” or “Seawitch’s Maelstrom”, do a throwback art package with matching animations+sounds and you’ll most likely get my, and most other classic Stern lover’s monies.

Stern can also spin it as a new “audiotherapy” device by bringing back the rhythmic sounds of gently crashing waves once again!
Pin-therapy at it’s finest.
Put it next to your bed* to get the deep restful sleep you deserve!

*Doubles as an alarm clock with new gentle waking feature.

#36 5 years ago

I like their early albums ... their first four or so much better than the later acid trip that came later. I also love classic Stern machines like Seawitch. I like what I see. I don't want any 'Helter Skelter' multiball.

#37 5 years ago

This is part of Levi's CV to join Stern

As for the love......

Would love to play one as I am sure it will be a ton of fun to play. No doubts there.

But, sounds like this game is not pitched at regular pinball players so will have to hope a collector friend buys one!

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

This is past of Levi's CV to join Stern

Not interested in a pay cut or getting paid to have the pinball community hate me.

I'll do that pro bono!

#39 5 years ago

I honestly think the game looks cool and I can't wait to play it. The only problem I have is the price. In my opinion, the game should cost less than your typical Stern pro, and it's obviously going to cost WAY more.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I honestly think the game looks cool and I can't wait to play it. The only problem I have is the price. In my opinion, the game should cost less than your typical Stern pro, and it's obviously going to cost WAY more.

Agreed.

I am not real happy with the changed bottom either. Should have gone classic IMHO.

I also am a firm believer that if this is reskinned and released as Seawitch2.0 at Pro model pricing then I will buy one.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It is funny to me seeing posts in the dumpster fire thread about how this is the Beatles "weakest period" and it's a "big miss."
The Beatles were literally the biggest thing on Earth in 1964. And in the US for a country reeling from the JFK assassination it was a bit of a national healing and distraction. Don't get these particular complaints at all.
I'm particular to 1966-post Beatles, but there's no denying the Beatles were never a bigger cultural phenomena than they were in 1964. Girls were clawing their own faces off at concerts. Fans were tearing the doors off their cars.
The artwork gets Beatlemania down perfectly. It achieves what it sets out to.

Exactly.

It's amazing how people dismiss the older material as "bubblegum/pop crap". I love it all, my favorite album is MMT - but I can tell you playing the older material in the original key at the octave they sang it at is very difficult. Their live renditions of early RnR is second to none, (Long Tall Sally, Twist and Shout, Some Other Guy, etc). They took shitty B sides from America and made them into a legacy that will last a very long time. Once they hit America, there was no stopping them.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Growing up my parents were big fans, and they mostly listened to this early era, so I will always have a soft spot for it. I really love all the old memorabilia used in the art. I agree about the 45...that's pure awesome. Love it in X-Men, and it's a great fit here. I really hope the prices come in reasonable. I am not very hopeful, but we'll see. Hope you get one!

What would have been cool is if it was the Capitol swirl or the rainbow label was used, but Apple probably doesn't want Capitol to get jack shit even all these decades later.

#43 5 years ago

I'm not sure how people can support this from Stern. It's really mind boggling and truly shows why we sometimes get bent over in this industry.

I get all of the points made for the folks that support this HOWEVER what absolutely kills this for me is the price. Are we forgetting how much this game is going for? They can creatively make this is as simple and retro cool as they want but for folks to support them taking this mega franchise, essentially rebranding an older game so they can quickly move on this and then sell it as an absolutely ridiculous price is unbelievable.

How about we take our money and support companies like Spooky, AP or even JJP that are innovating with original IP's - taking a gamble but moving this hobby into a better place as opposed to rewarding a simple cash grab. Hell even CGC who is taking games not reachable by many, improving them and then selling them at a great price is something to create a supportive thread for.

I like Stern a lot. I've never been one of these haters that says stern is junk, etc. To say so would be ignorant b/c they literally kept this industry alive. On the flip side - to reward them with nonsense like this is just too much. If I could downvote this thread twice I would. We shouldn't be celebrating a strategy like this.

#44 5 years ago

Personally I can't wait for a Supertramp Star Gazer.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm not sure how people can applaud this from Stern. It's really mind boggling and truly shows why we sometimes get bent over in this industry.
I get all of the points made for the folks that support this HOWEVER what absolutely kills this for me is the price. Are we forgetting how much this game is going for? They can creatively make this is simple and retro cool as they want but for folks to support them taking this mega franchise, essentially rebranding an older game so they can quickly move on this and then sell it as an absolutely ridiculous price is unbelievable.

Did you hit your head this morning and forget about the cheapest, best games available today - stuff like Iron Maiden, Deadpool, Metallica, AC/DC etc? This stuff is rolling off the line and costs LESS than any of the games by the companies you listed that we are supposed to be supporting because they don't "bend us over."

I get your point about the Beatles costing too much. Yeah it sucks that I won't be buying one, but I've never bought an NIB game in my life and don't plan to. Stern are not monsters. They are a company. They don't hate you. They like being in business and making a profit.

This is part of their business plan. Their bread and butter will ALWAYS BE the affordable, awesome games like Iron Maiden. You should give them credit for that. Whenever something like this or Supreme comes around, everybody pretends that they aren't STILL making and selling the most affordable games on the planet. Without Stern Route pinball would be dead.

Nobody is gonna build a route on expensive boutique games with limited appeal. And that's all that would exist without Stern constantly churning out quality, affordable product.

I mean, I know you understand this. And you won't "reward Them" by buying one, which is smart for you. But someone who wants to buy one of these isn't doing anything wrong or getting "bent over," any more than someone who buys a Houdini for $7,000.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Personally I can't wait for a Supertramp Star Gazer.

... or a Barry Manilow Catacomb.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Their bread and butter will ALWAYS BE the affordable, awesome games like Iron Maiden.

It just goes to show how skewed our perception of money is in this hobby when we think a $5K+ game is affordable.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Journey Meteor?

#49 5 years ago

I’d be in for a David Bowie/Ziggy Stardust Stars.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Queen Quicksilver?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,282 (OBO)
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 361 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-reconsidred-all-you-need-is-love?hl=pmaino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.