Beatles_All_You_Need_Is_Love (resized).JPG
Beatles_Cartoon-1024x640[1] (resized).jpg
ringo (resized).jpg
Beatles-Mothball-Insect-Repellent (resized).jpg
th015516EE (resized).jpg
levi ball gloves (resized).JPG
still approved (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 361 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
#301 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That’s not enough. I would prefer a 6-ball multiball.
Also 8 songs isn’t enough. I demand 10!!
Am I missing something????

More toys

#302 5 years ago

Rumor: It won't have a coin door.
Insider: I've just confirmed, it'll have a coin door.
Reality: It has a door that you can't put coins in.

#303 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Rumor: It won't have a coin door.
Insider: I've just confirmed, it'll have a coin door.

I think we have to call that one a draw!

#304 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

They should have made it a glass door, and then you could put a collector's dinner plate on display.

#305 5 years ago

Ok, staying on the positivity vibe...I was originally hating on the thought of no coin door. But this has a door, just no mechs. I think it looks fine aesthetically. I was thinking it was more Brown Dirt Cowboy.

#306 5 years ago

Now that we've seen hi-res photos, the more I look at the playfield art, the more I like it. Bright, colorful, fun, thoughtfully laid out, cohesive. Lots of individual things going on without feeling busy, because there's clear background / foreground separation. Unlike another recently announced game that is an absolute fustercluck of more-is-more where everything is foreground and my eye has no idea where to go or what's important. Franchi is a pro and knocked this one out of the park, for the theme he was given. Just because it's not the Sgt. Pepper's psychedelic dreamworld folks envisioned doesn't mean it's poorly done.

#307 5 years ago

The game does look like fun. Does it look like $8k - $10k fun? No way. That's the issue for many.

#308 5 years ago

Not that I care but a coin door that doesn't accept coins isn't a coin door....it's a fucking door.

I guess a service access door doesn't roll off the tongue.

#309 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The game does look like fun. Does it look like $8k - $10k fun? No way. That's the issue for many.

I agree... 6.5k maybe even 7k I can see for the gold and that will still be too much for most.

#310 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Paul's sheepdog.
Paul always writes about his dogs; Jet was a dog too

Who was Yoko - John's doberman pinscher?

#311 5 years ago

The Speaker Panels are VOX amps?

Nice touch!!!

#312 5 years ago

All I want to know is where do I send my purchase application video?

#313 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This is also NOT a unique design and instead a reworked title, reskinned with a few small adjustments. They are using known assets on a licensed title. They have to created and design very little for this game.

C'mon Hilton, you should know better. Even though it resembles Seawitch, they had to completely design it from scratch - none of the mechs are the same, none of the stuff on the top either. There was no drawings to work from, and even if there was, they'd have to digitally re-create them anyway. Don't be obtuse.

#314 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

There was no drawings to work from, and even if there was, they'd have to digitally re-create them anyway. Don't be obtuse.

Yeah, probably easier to use existing assets to convert Metallica to GOTG than to recreate Sea Witch.

#315 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

C'mon Hilton, you should know better. Even though it resembles Seawitch, they had to completely design it from scratch - none of the mechs are the same, none of the stuff on the top either. There was no drawings to work from, and even if there was, they'd have to digitally re-create them anyway. Don't be obtuse.

BUT IT LOOKS LIKE SEAWITCH!!!

#316 5 years ago

Thinking hard about it. The more I see, the more I'm leaning that way. Dump my Seawitch (new bg and pf), and the price of this doesn't look as bad.

Of course having both side by side would be cool as hell too.

#317 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

There was no drawings to work from, and even if there was, they'd have to digitally re-create them anyway. Don't be obtuse.

There is a guy who builds brand new Fathoms from scratch and sells them for $8000

He just has a local company laser cut and bend the drop mechs for him

He is not a mechanical genius by any stretch of the imagination, so literally, if he can do it, anyone can

#318 5 years ago

If the Gold edition isn't $7500 as rumored and instead is pro price - boom, watch them sell out stupidly quickly!

#320 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The Speaker Panels are VOX amps?
Nice touch!!!

Good eye

#321 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Agreed.
I am not real happy with the changed bottom either. Should have gone classic IMHO.
I also am a firm believer that if this is reskinned and released as Seawitch2.0 at Pro model pricing then I will buy one.

#322 5 years ago

I tried to buy one of these earlier from my distro with love. He informed me cash was also needed. I feel the title of the thread mislead me and put me in an awkward situation.

#323 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Just like the KISS army was going to go crazy for Kiss pinball.

Quoted from tamoore:

Correct. I thought they might, but they didn't. That gives me the same cause for pause on this title.

The Beatles changed the world. What did KISS do?

#324 5 years ago

I watched the video again and I really like that the spinning disc has a light in it, as well as a magnet center. Here is some early beatle magnetic fun.

beatmag (resized).jpgbeatmag (resized).jpg
#325 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

There is a guy who builds brand new Fathoms from scratch and sells them for $8000

Not you too, Vid. This isn't Seawitch, it just looks like it slightly. Different bottom, different loop, different drops, etc. C'mon.

#326 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

If the Gold edition isn't $7500 as rumored and instead is pro price - boom, watch them sell out stupidly quickly!

Someone could have made Pinside $20 too!

#327 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Made music, sold albums, toured around, gave their opinions about shit, eventually got on everyone's nerves. You know, just like every other really famous group.

#328 5 years ago

Who was Yoko......!What????

#329 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Wrote songs putting their logs in chick's fireplaces; not just holding their hands.

#330 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Not you too, Vid. This isn't Seawitch, it just looks like it slightly. Different bottom, different loop, different drops, etc. C'mon.

Kinda like Fireball and Fireball Classic; close enough for hand grenades .

#331 5 years ago

I have confirmed all three models will have a functioning coindoor. The promo pic was taken prior to final approval.

#332 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Cool, do you have a link?

#333 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Cool, do you have a link?

A link would mean that he would have to pay licensing fees, and income taxes; he does not seem like that kind of guy.

1 week later
#334 5 years ago

Am I the only one that kinda likes the no coin slot coin door?

The last couple of Sterns I have brought NIB didn’t even come with a coin mech from factory.

#335 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The last couple of Sterns I have brought NIB didn’t even come with a coin mech from factory.

That must be a country specific thing for them not to be included. US models come with coin mechs from the factory.

#336 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

That must be a country specific thing for them not to be included. US models come with coin mechs from the factory.

Around the time of Aerosmith I noticed they stopped coming with coin mechs which is a non issue for me as the first thing I do after removing from the box and setting up is put them on freeplay.

But I kinda like that big decal on the coin door look, I’d have that’s setup on all my games if it was an option.

#337 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yes you are the only one

A pinball machine MUST have a coin door, if you want a Zizzle go buy a Zizzle and then try and resale it. Stern needs to get the whole home owner(no coin door) out of their head. The 'Pin' was a huge failure

#338 5 years ago

Welcome back love thread!!!

I gotta say, I LOVE this Beatles project.

Not only do we get an awesome new pinball machine to play that is gonna be huge servings of TNA style updated classic fun, with amazing music, sounds, speech, and animations (for the average price of a new pinball machine these days), this game has brought the fractious pinside community together in ways I never thought possible.

A wave of love and unity has washed over us all. We’ve come together. The love we make is equaling the love we take from this passionate, beautiful hobby!

Thank you Beatles, thank you pinball, and most of all, thank you Stern for doing what we all thought was impossible: at long last, bringing us a Beatles pinball game!

We love you, yeah, yeah, yeah!!!!

#339 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The 'Pin' was a huge failure

The Pin was a success.

It was the testbed for all the newer boards that Stern latter made mainstream.

It was also the testbed for a game that a broad could have delivered to her door for $2499 through Amazon.

#340 5 years ago

If this initial run of 1K units (half the production) doesn't sell out at distros to customers, they may have trouble getting them to order the next batch next year.

#341 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The Pin was a success.

Agree to disagree

You can say it was a success because they used it as a proto for boards? Ok

I know they did not sell well-thus a failure

#342 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

If this initial run of 1K units (half the production) doesn't sell out at distros to customers, they may have trouble getting them to order the next batch next year.

Both this batch and the Jan batch are completely sold out.

If your distributor did not get an order in yet, he is already out of luck.

#343 5 years ago

Has anyone noticed the white rubber and red flipper rubber? Great choice, love it.

#344 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You can say it was a success because they used it as a proto for boards? Ok

Stern needed a test bed for a few things:

1. Would the brand new board sets work in real life conditions?

It would have been a Pinball Holocaust if Stern deployed Spike and they started failing in the field, loosing money for ops who already are on thin margins as it is.

2. Would the 2 year in-home warranty be viable?

Could Sterns existing service network handle the support, or would it end up breaking the bank. Remember, the target audience (single women, apartment dwellers bla bla bla) is not likely to own a soldering station, VOM meter, or be able to read a schematic.

I've been on 2 service runs for these, and both owners were as likely to be able to fix a pin as you would be able to recharge the coolant in your refrigerator.

3. Could a pin be shrunk down to several boxes and be safely delivered by UPS?

A single mom does not have time to wait all day for Roadway to drop a pallet in front of her apartment, nor is she able to carry a normal pin box up the stairs.

Stern had to design packaging that would protect the game from typical UPS drivers, yet fit under the size and weight requirements.

Quoted from pinmister:

I know they did not sell well-thus a failure

You are very short sighted, and obviously know nothing about about Stern sales numbers.

Stern sold EVERY ONE they planned on selling.

And, there are more The Pins coming.....Bahahahahahahahaha

#345 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Both this batch and the Jan batch are completely sold out.
If your distributor did not get an order in yet, he is already out of luck.

How big is this "Jan batch"? If you are telling me that distributors have ordered all 1,964 units I call total BS.

#346 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

How big is this "Jan batch"? If you are telling me that distributors have ordered all 1,964 units I call total BS.

Clear your mind and think.

Only 900 games total are for the entire USA market.

Do you really think that 18 Beatles fans per state will not buy up all those games?

Really???

#347 5 years ago

This is what Quincy Jones had to say about the Beatles (and so many other things and celebrities) in an interview in February in Vulture. It is quite an fascinating article, try to read the whole thing.

https://www.vulture.com/2018/02/quincy-jones-in-conversation.html

Two weeks later he posted an apology on Twitter, after being lectured by his 6 daughters, not about the content but what he called the "word vomit".

https://www.vulture.com/2018/02/quincy-jones-is-very-sorry-for-some-of-the-things-he-said.html

#348 5 years ago

1. I’m not gonna read that so maybe summarize what he said and why it’s relevant to the successful Stern Beatles project.

2. The day anybody on pinside gives a Shit about what Quincy jones thinks is the day your average pinsider can name three things Quincy Jones is famous for without using the Internet.

3. Elvis didn’t mean shit to chuck D. Again, who on pinside really cares? I’m not sure you are familiar with the pinside demographic.

#349 5 years ago

Who the hell is Quincy Jones and what the F does he know about rock n roll?

#350 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Who the hell is Quincy Jones and what the F does he know about rock n roll?

He worked with "pony spotted penis" Michael Jackson.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

10,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethesda, MD
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 361 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-reconsidred-all-you-need-is-love/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.