Beatles_All_You_Need_Is_Love (resized).JPG
Beatles_Cartoon-1024x640[1] (resized).jpg
ringo (resized).jpg
Beatles-Mothball-Insect-Repellent (resized).jpg
th015516EE (resized).jpg
levi ball gloves (resized).JPG
still approved (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 361 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
#251 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

I’m not hyping it. I’m simply stating this machines target audience is not the pinball collectors the same went for Supreme.
Can’t wait to meet you at TPF. Oh wait that’s right...you avoid me as you are mightery with the keyboard than in person.

WTH you talking about willis. I bought a playfield from you at TPF last year, lol.

Any yes, you are hyping this like you do every new game you are selling. It is OK, you are a salesman... own it... but I am also gonna call it out when you are hyping this over priced turd. How much you gonna try and sell your diamond editions for?

#252 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you look back into the long tortured history of Pinside, you'll see that I never believed the Kiss Army would show up for Kiss Pinball. The mighty legacy of the KISS merchandising machine has been a hyped up myth for decades. The KISS army's ranks are decimated from age and neglect, and KISS fans always favored cheap trinkets for their shelf, with the original Bally KISS - which has been available, relatively cheap, and plentiful for 40 years - for their basements. I Think Stern bought into the nonsense and were ill-advised to (likely over)pay for the KISS license in the 21st century.
I just don't think you can compare the marketing BS of Gene Simmons and company with The Beatles. We'll see soon enough.

Agreed.
Time will tell.
Let’s see how this all plays out after the product launch.

#254 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

WTH you talking about willis. I bought a playfield from you at TPF last year, lol.
Any yes, you are hyping this like you do every new game you are selling. It is OK, you are a salesman... own it... but I am also gonna call it out when you are hyping this over priced turd. How much you gonna try and sell your diamond editions for?

#255 5 years ago

Actually looks really fun to me (Never played Seawitch). I’m really into the concept of updated single level games. Just wish there was an option for the regular Joes like me. Like a Pro level.

#256 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Actually looks really fun to me (Never played Seawitch). I’m really into the concept of updated single level games. Just wish there was an option for the regular Joes like me. Like a Pro level.

I played Seawitch a bunch at the PAPA facility this weekend past.

What a great game! Lends itself toward modern pinball much more than Quicksilver, another classic which was right next to it.

Can't wait to play the updated version, which I'm told is smoother and loops better.

#257 5 years ago

At $6K, I'm in for a Gold. At $7K, I'm out for any model and - I promise - I am the biggest Beatles fan on this forum. My pinball room is decorated with the main wall being a 6' by 9' Beatles picture. So i am a huge pinball fan AND a huge Beatles fan and I'm probably out on this. Luckily for Stern, they have the whole world to try to sell these to.

#258 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I played Seawitch a bunch at the PAPA facility this weekend past.
What a great game! Lends itself toward modern pinball much more than Quicksilver, another classic which was right next to it.
Can't wait to play the updated version, which I'm told is smoother and loops better.

In the spirit of Levi's thread this is the only thing that has me excited about this version of Seawitch. I let my Seawitch go for this very reason and would like to play this pin to experience the loops. I'm a big Beatles fan but will have to wait until the secondary market if they are setting the pro at 8k

#259 5 years ago

OK,backFlipper,when Paul sang about "Martha my love" Who was Martha????

#260 5 years ago

Beatles fan-off.... it's on!

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

I'm a big Beatles fan but will have to wait until the secondary market if they are setting the pro at 8k

Are any of you seriously considering this if it anything more than standard PRO pricing???

#262 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Are any of you seriously considering this if it anything more than standard PRO pricing???

It would have to be much less than standard pro pricing to get me on board.....

#263 5 years ago

Does this give you time to look it up>FAIL!!!!

#264 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Does this give you time to look it up>FAIL!!!!

Martha Washington. He wrote it as a tribute to the first first lady of the USA......

#265 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I'm trying to look on the bright side of the situation. Of course I'm devastated, it took me days to get rid of the bewilderment of Stern's choices. I did say the secondary market and no I wouldn't pay over 4500 for what's presented so far, especially if the songs that are present do not play in full. I can't imagine hearing 15 or 30 seconds of the same song over and over again which was just rumored in the other Beatles thread. I'm just trying to get myself jazzed up for hitting some smooth loops.

#266 5 years ago

Anytime you make something that is not for the people that use your product you better really know what you are doing. I keep seeing people say that The Beatles pin is not for us, it's for those super duper Beatles fans that just are tripping over money. People are not going to pay 8K or 15K or whatever for a pinball machine if they are not really into pinball. Sure you might get a couple of impulse collector buyers, but a couple does not mean 1964 sales or get even remotely close to that. I know 3 distros and as of a couple of days ago they had zero sales locked in for this game yet. It's going to be lucky to sell 500 much less 1964. It's foolish to think 1964 random people are going to want a pinball machine because it has The Beatles on it.

It's a pinball machine, it's made for pinball players. I'd personally love to have one. Just not going to happen at 8K though.

#267 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

It would have to be much less than standard pro pricing to get me on board.....

that is my thought. 4500 and I would think about it.

5400 and it is WAY to much.

Quoted from Crispin:

I'm trying to look on the bright side of the situation. Of course I'm devastated, it took me days to get rid of the bewilderment of Stern's choices. I did say the secondary market and no I wouldn't pay over 4500 for what's presented so far, especially if the songs that are present do not play in full. I can't imagine hearing 15 or 30 seconds of the same song over and over again which was just rumored in the other Beatles thread. I'm just trying to get myself jazzed up for hitting some smooth loops.

glad to hear! I thought you had lost it for a minute
That said, sell me your seawitch if you do decide to lose it

#269 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that is my thought. 4500 and I would think about it.
5400 and it is WAY to much.

glad to hear! I thought you had lost it for a minute
That said, sell me your seawitch if you do decide to lose it

But TNA at 6500 is ok?

#270 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Anytime you make something that is not for the people that use your product you better really know what you are doing. I keep seeing people say that The Beatles pin is not for us, it's for those super duper Beatles fans that just are tripping over money. People are not going to pay 8K or 15K or whatever for a pinball machine if they are not really into pinball.

HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?

Supreme sold out an undetermined number of $10,000 pinball machines to people who don't even know what pinball is, in 8 seconds.

I guess there's just no chance of a little wait-and-see on this one huh?

Right now I'm pretty convinced that at least 50 percent of pinside believes in their very soul that this game will be priced at $50,000, feature 6 second loops of five songs, and will not sell.

Big reveal is coming on November 6. Keep your pants on!

#272 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?
Supreme sold out an undetermined number of $10,000 pinball machines to people who don't even know what pinball is, in 8 seconds.
I guess there's just no chance of a little wait-and-see on this one huh?
Right now I'm pretty convinced that at least 50 percent of pinside believes in their very soul that this game will be priced at $50,000, feature 6 second loops of five songs, and will not sell.
Big reveal is coming on November 6. Keep your pants on!

Common sense I guess.

The Gold's are 8K, the platinum and Diamonds cost the distro's the same but will be sold for as much as they can make on them. You have to buy a 10 pack to get 2 platinums and 1 diamond and 7 golds. Buying 10 or more at a time is the only way for a distro to get the platinums or golds. I expect the songs will be well integrated and the game to be really fun. Pants will stay on, that's what belts are for. So people do already know the pricing, and not many people are biting at the moment. This is a completely different case then Supreme. Supreme was a tiny run directly through stern. The Beatles is going through Distro's and will be sold like any other stern.

#273 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Common sense I guess.
The Gold's are 8K, the platinum and Diamonds cost the distro's the same but will be sold for as much as they can make on them. You have to buy a 10 pack to get 2 platinums and 1 diamond and 7 golds. Buying 10 or more at a time is the only way for a distro to get the platinums or golds. I expect the songs will be well integrated and the game to be really fun. Pants will stay on, that's what belts are for. So people do already know the pricing, and not many people are biting at the moment. This is a completely different case then Supreme. Supreme was a tiny run directly through stern. The Beatles is going through Distro's and will be sold like any other stern.

Common sense tells me that a limited edition game from the #1 pinball company with one of the most highly anticipated licenses of all time with massive crossover appeal to a well-heeled and enthusiastic demographic will sell just fine.

Common sense tells me we had this same discussion about Batman 66 two years ago, yet that game is still on the production line and is selling fine.

You say "nobody is biting" and I know a guy who is buying one of each version regardless of prices. And common sense and past practice tells me in the end when the game is revealed and people start playing it and seeing it and having time to rationalizie it, plenty of Pinsiders will end up biting just like they do in the wake of every "marketing fiasco" (see JJP POTC).

So I guess we'll just have to wait to see how common sense is these days.

#274 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Common sense tells me that a limited edition game from the #1 pinball company with one of the most highly anticipated licenses of all time will sell just fine.
So I guess we'll just have to wait to see how common sense is these days.

Don't think this is the most highly anticipated license of all time. Sure some have been waiting for it, but it was never something that seemed to generate a ton of buzz within the hobby.

Maybe I'm wrong and it will sell out fast. It's going to take a lot of people changing their minds on Nov 6th though. Stranger things have happened.

#275 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It's going to take a lot of people changing their minds on Nov 6th though. Stranger things have happened.

Remember how nobody was going to buy JJP POTC when they took that triple spinning disc out? Remember how nobody was going to buy Batman when they lost Expo and the pricing was revealed?

Minds change around here all the time in flash once a game is actually revealed and people have had time to rationalize buying it. Don't forget, these are toys and luxury items, and the reality is that ALL NIB purchases are a waste of money.

Lines in the sand disappear like a fart in the wind here all the time. If people want it, they'll buy it, regardless of all the sound and the fury.

#276 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Remember how nobody was going to buy JJP POTC when they took that triple spinning disc out?
Minds change around here all the time once a game is actually revealed and people have had time to rationalize buying it. Don't forget, these are toys and luxury items, and the reality is that ALL NIB purchases are a waste of money.
Lines in the sand disappear like a fart in the wind here all the time. If people want it, they'll buy it, regardless of all the sound and the fury.

All true, but JJP POTC has taken a hit in sales. I think it's due to the huge delays more then a spinning disc though. Peoples attention spans aren't that long. Some will circle back around now that its finally shipping.

#277 5 years ago

Levi lovefest aside, Beatles fans can and would plunk down for this including my pop. He would love this alongside his classic car.

Its just just too steep to consider new at the “gold” pro level.

#278 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Martha Washington. He wrote it as a tribute to the first first lady of the USA......

No,Sorry,paul wrote it for his pet Sheepdog,Martha

#279 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

But TNA at 6500 is ok?

Where are you buying TNA for 6500!!! You need a better distributor!

6k to everyone else... If you honestly paid 500 more then anyone else, then I am not sure where to start?

That said, yes! I expect the worlds largest pinball manufacturer to be able to build something like this for a fraction of the cost it takes a boutique manufacturer building a truly limited game (550 vs 1964). This is also NOT a unique design and instead a reworked title, reskinned with a few small adjustments. They are using known assets on a licensed title. They have to created and design very little for this game.

#280 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Peoples attention spans aren't that long. Some will circle back around now that its finally shipping.

Certainly true! And I believe this will be the case here.

People just love the Beatles Man! Great band, great tunes, great memories.

#281 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

No shit? Huh.... Learn something new every day.....

#282 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Where are you buying TNA for 6500!!! You need a better distributor!
6k to everyone else... If you honestly paid 500 more then anyone else, then I am not sure where to start?
That said, yes! I expect the worlds largest pinball manufacturer to be able to build something like this for a fraction of the cost it takes a boutique manufacturer building a truly limited game (550 vs 1964). This is also NOT a unique design and instead a reworked title, reskinned with a few small adjustments. They are using known assets on a licensed title. They have to created and design very little for this game.

6K plus any add ons plus shipping. Get's you to $6500 or real close every time. Sterns games for the most part include shipping in their price so you can't just ignore that fact.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Certainly true! And I believe this will be the case here.
People just love the Beatles Man! Great band, great tunes, great memories.

I sure hope so. Gets me a much better chance of a HUO gold in the sixes down the road.

#283 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

6K plus any add ons plus shipping. Get's you to $6500 or real close every time. Sterns games for the most part include shipping in their price so you can't just ignore that fact.

I sure hope so. Gets me a much better chance of a HUO gold in the sixes down the road.

He is seriously a short trip from picking up a game. Sorry, but shipping is on the buyer.

I dont pay for original cost of shipping on the secondary market when buying a used game, so it does not apply on the first timer either. That is the cost of buying a NIB pinball, not part of the cost.

That would be like trying to get someone to pay my tax on an in state purchase.

#284 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Yeah, but the song is called “Martha my dear”. Dude.

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

He is seriously a short trip from picking up a game. Sorry, but shipping is on the buyer.
I dont pay for original cost of shipping on the secondary market when buying a used game, so it does not apply on the first timer either. That is the cost of buying a NIB pinball, not part of the cost.
That would be like trying to get someone to pay my tax on an in state purchase.

It does apply. Stern says a game is $5600 and that's what it is if you pick it up or have it delivered. Spooky games do not include delivery so that's an extra cost that I guess everyone but you factors into the total cost of the game.

Or Zach can take the very short 8hr one way drive to Benton like you recommend.

#286 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Yeah, but the song is called “Martha my dear”. Dude.

We named THE DOG Indiana!!!!

Quoted from jgentry:

It does apply. Stern says a game is $5600 and that's what it is if you pick it up or have it delivered. Spooky games do not include delivery so that's an extra cost that I guess everyone but you factors into the total cost of the game.

Right, it's imaginary $6,000 Monster Bash remake syndrome. Since this hobby is in large part built upon rationalizing purchases I guess it makes sense.

It's painful, but we always gotta factor in REAL expenses when rationalizing a purchase of a pin, and really, nobody wants to do that (unless they are bashing a Stern I think). I just bought an EBD project for $950, which is a great deal. But it's actually $1150 once my transportation expenses are factored in. And I'm gonna put an Alltek in it...and send the sound board out for repair...you get the picture...

But...all I'm telling anybody today is that I "scored an EBD for 950 bucks dude! BOOOOOOOOOM!!!"

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Yeah, if shipping really is $500 bucks, then a short trip to have some fun, document for the show, and pick up a game sounds like a blast! also a great deal to save on that much for shipping.

TNA is MSRP $5995 that is a fact jack

#288 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

OK,backFlipper,when Paul sang about "Martha my love" Who was Martha????

Paul's sheepdog.

Paul always writes about his dogs; Jet was a dog too

#289 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We named THE DOG Indiana!!!!

Right, it's imaginary $6,000 Monster Bash remake syndrome. Since this hobby is in large part built upon rationalizing purchases I guess it makes sense.
It's painful, but we always gotta factor in REAL expenses when rationalizing a purchase of a pin, and really, nobody wants to do that (unless they are bashing a Stern I think). I just bought an EBD project for $950, which is a great deal. But it's actually $1150 once my transportation expenses are factored in. And I'm gonna put an Alltek in it...and send the sound board out for repair...you get the picture...
But...all I'm telling anybody today is that I "scored an EBD for 950 bucks dude! BOOOOOOOOOM!!!"

Don't tell anyone, they will expect you to sell it to them for $950 because your time, shipping, and boards are apparently of no value these days lol.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah, if shipping really is $500 bucks, then a short trip to have some fun, document for the show, and pick up a game sounds like a blast! also a great deal to save on that much for shipping.
TNA is MSRP $5995 that is a fact jack

No doubt, that's all very true. But time, gas, hotels, finding a way to fit it in the schedule, etc all costs you something. So to me that's an extra cost because I can literally do nothing extra and have a NIB stern at more door Wed if I called today. That's not a negative on Spooky or AP or any of the companies that do not include shipping. Just something to consider if you are not local.

#290 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Don't tell anyone, they will expect you to sell it to them for $950 because your time, shipping, and boards are apparently of no value these days lol.

No doubt, that's all very true. But time, gas, hotels, finding a way to fit it in the schedule, etc all costs you something. So to me that's an extra cost because I can literally do nothing extra and have a NIB stern at more door Wed if I called today. That's not a negative on Spooky or AP or any of the companies that do not include shipping. Just something to consider if you are not local.

My only point was that you talk about Beatles being nothing more than a $4500 pin but you then highly recommend TNA at $6k plus shipping. I figured your argument may have been better supported if you compared pricing to another single level pin that you love.

#291 5 years ago

Maybe its a balance with R&D / licensing fees, but it seems that when stern has a Golden licensed theme (like the beatles or star wars) they then chince on the layout since they know these games will sell regardless. But, when they have a theme that has a smaller market (Iron Maiden or Deadpool) they use a much more elaborate and enticing layout. It appears that the odds are against the player to have the stars align for a kick ass fun game that's also universally beloved theme. Cant wait to hear all those schoolgirl screams as an Ed Sullivan impersonator announces multiball. I'm assuming the game will have multiball . . .

#292 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

My only point was that you talk about Beatles being nothing more than a $4500 pin but you then highly recommend TNA at $6k plus shipping. I figured your argument may have been better supported if you compared pricing to another single level pin that you love.

an ORIGINAL vs a reskin...

#293 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

My only point was that you talk about Beatles being nothing more than a $4500 pin but you then highly recommend TNA at $6k plus shipping.

I think he's saying that TNA has better music, so that's the difference in value.

#294 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Paul's sheepdog.
Paul always writes about his dogs; Jet was a dog too

Wikipedia sez:

The title "Martha My Dear" was inspired by McCartney's Old English Sheepdog, named Martha. McCartney has said that the song itself is probably about his longtime love interest Jane Asher. Asher broke off their engagement in mid-1968. McCartney chides her with the lyrics in the song "...when you find yourself in the thick of it, help yourself to a bit of what is all around you..." Asher inspired many of McCartney's songs, including "Here, There and Everywhere", "I'm Looking Through You", "For No One" and "We Can Work It Out". (A later "Martha" lyric explains, "You have always been my inspiration..." McCartney has also said that the song is about his "muse"—the voice in his head that tells him what words and music to write.)

#295 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I'm assuming the game will have multiball . . .

4 ball multiball

e017c17ff1df411dddd641f2c842cd7bc0d4d596 (resized).pnge017c17ff1df411dddd641f2c842cd7bc0d4d596 (resized).png
#296 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

4 ball multiball[quoted image]

That’s not enough. I would prefer a 6-ball multiball.

Also 8 songs isn’t enough. I demand 10!!

Am I missing something????

#297 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That’s not enough. I would prefer a 6-ball multiball.
Also 8 songs isn’t enough. I demand 10!!
Am I missing something????

There's just no pleasing you

#298 5 years ago

Let's cry about no Coin Door !!!

32b6c25ca18087ad74328fba5afdab1e6d03f4a8 (resized).jpg32b6c25ca18087ad74328fba5afdab1e6d03f4a8 (resized).jpg
#299 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Let's cry about no Coin Door !!![quoted image]

How will I get my coins in the game?

#300 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Let's cry about no Coin Door !!![quoted image]

There’s no coin door!!

How am I supposed to not put money into this game that I don’t want to play???

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

10,282 (OBO)
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

There are 361 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-reconsidred-all-you-need-is-love/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.